Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Say what you will about Craig, but I think he is the only reason to watch. He is the only one that will stand up to Pete and give real feedback. I suspect Pete expects/wants Craig to leave after the baby and is ready for Panda to take Craig's place.
Craig is my primary reason to continue listening to the podcast and I’d probably stop if he were to leave. Hope they realize how he is their most valuable employee and treat him right.

Reactions: 9

Loueylouay

VIP Member
I am not surprised. He has been running on high lately, very compulsive. With his shirts, nails, tons of cruises and engagement to Gio. There is a slight spiral going on
No not at all. I don’t know anything about it. Pete just always spoke very negatively about them and said they aren’t ethical. Didn’t know if it was a pot/kettle situation because it was constant.
Unethical are the Trackers

• Haha

Jas5q

I agree this week's episode was the best one in a while (honestly haven't watched or listened in a few months) & I think it's because of who was on the panel. It was more like an old school show. And yes, I am a Kevin stan.

I really am over Pete & his gloating about allll the cruises & vacations he takes though. Bragging about making your fiance take off for a month for your wedding & honeymoon...makes me think of the sentiment about how people who are actually happy don't have to go around saying they're happy, especially on the internet.

Did anyone listen to Petes solo show on patreon?

He took a couple of shots at Sean lol

Basically called him emotionally immature
I did not

I'm only in the $3 tier. He asked the $3 tier for questions and then put the show behind the $10 wall. Nooiiice.

• Wow
  • Angry
Why note hire specific people to do the DCL show the problem is finding the anchor host like Pete to keep it compelling clearly we’ve seen Craig is not a host or focal point all of his hosted shows do terribly.
The studio is in Pete's house and the team has said before that makes getting guests inside tough because its letting them in his home so they only have the same people to pull in over and over. Also I think you forgot off the rails but your strange obsession with Craig continues so carry on.

Cinnamon1

You did a great job on the transcript and I don't have any preformed dislike of Ryno.

I just think:

1. If you are a low-level employee like Ryno and you feel a co-worker is not doing their job, its not your job to try and force them to do it, or even worse get another low-level employee to try and force them to do it. You tell your supervisor (admittedly thats probably a tough situation, since Pete is the supervisor, but Ryno chooses to work for Pete most likely because it was Ryno who was able to manipulate his job for a long time....which leads to #2)

2. Its a great irony, that before Erika arrived, it was Ryno that was regularly using his mental health and anxiety to explain his workplace behavior. It feels like Ryno should be the last person who is blasting Erika for her behavior since she attributes much of it to her mental health issues.
The only thing I would disagree with is that it wasn't Ryno trying to get Erika to do her job, he was just complaining that she wasn't doing what everyone else has to do. He didn't really care if she was going to be there or not. It was Theresea that told Panda to tell her that she has to be there vs. ask her, to which Panda said he is not her boss.

da_FUQ

I think one of the issues at hand that is driving down vloggers (besides price gouging driving away fans and Disney fatigue) is the park reservation system. Pete is right that they want hard data but what all of the vloggers are not mentioning is the main problem the reservation system is addressing is AP abuse. Disney has been building attendance for the past decade and one of the things that is coming along with that is high AP attendance. APs are good for accountants because it guarantees some income but no zoo, aquarium, theme park, amusement park intends for them to be used as much as they were being used. The reservation system allows them to create limits without having to market blackouts for what they do still offer.

They are being sued currently so we'll see if they are kosher in the eyes of contractual law.

I think that's one of the reasons there has been a lot less content, vloggers have a lot less access.
The APs are only an issue because Disney management is so concerned about the demand side. What they should have been doing for the past decade instead of raising prices in an attempt to drive down demand while simultaneously increasing per-guest spend is work on the supply side. If you had parks with more attractions, attractions that weren't always broken, or God forbid a 5th gate you wouldn't have to try and dissuade guests from coming with costs.

I listen to the Disney Dish and Len mentioned some of the attractions are offline around 40% of the time. That is a lot of capacity eaten up by downtime. I also have a feeling they are creating a problem 20 years down the road, not that current management cares about the long term. The people going now likely went as kids and it either stoked a love of the parks or at the very least became a goal to take their kids once when they are older. I wonder how badly the current management is breaking future attendance.

Ghost of Bob Varley

- Panda doesn't move the needle for me but he seems like a genuine good guy
I think Panda could be good, he just needs to find himself, and stop viewing his role as having to agree with Pete on everything.

Unlike the other team members, Panda actually had a social media/disney presence before he came to the DIS. I believe he had close to 100,000 youtube subscribers. But they just brought him on as "John, who is running the switchboard". It was bizarre.

JaqAndGus

The engagement news is unexpected. I definitely won't be posting a "Congrats" comment because I think Pete is making a mistake. I don't relish seeing anyone go down the wrong path even if he has bad karma. I can't get over the suspected bf doesn't even follow Pete on Instagram. He also doesn't seem to post about Pete? So many red flags...

It's strange Pete's FB status update didn't include a tag or a short explanation of who and when. You went public with it but are keeping the details a secret?

PoorKid

VIP Member
I enjoyed the shows because Pete and many of the others brought not only a love of the parks to them, but also understanding of the business side of running them. No one seems to enjoy the parks anymore and people like Panda and whatever other randos show up on Tuesdays now don't bring any of that insight. And Bob Chapek spent more time in Disney World than Erika has.

• Haha

djc12b

I appreciate that she does have dairy allergies for that perspective but even her reviews on those items are just meh a lot of the time. Just her lack of insight into anything is weird to me. She doesn’t have a niche really, she doesn’t have a purpose on the team. Her “I haven’t done this or that” seems to be fishing for Pete to pay for her to do stuff.
Yes this is the exact vibe I get. Maybe she was hired based on her social media abilities (since she seems to be doing the tik toks for the Dis) and her connection to Disney helped, but she's definitely not a presence on the shows. I think peoples' positive opinions on Craig may be more present now because their opinions on Erica are weak.

I have to wonder how Dreams is doing as an agency these days. I’m sure there will always be repeat clients to keep them afloat, but how are they doing attracting new business? You don’t even hear back with a quote for 3-4 days after requesting.

Covid was an obvious huge blow to the channel, and it’s like they never recovered. They go to the parks now almost as little as when the parks were closed! Pete (rightfully in my opinion) discusses how Universal is really on an upswing (we loved it much more than Disney this past spring)…but he doesn’t go there. They make very little UO content. Instead they split the Disney content between 83 channels, then try to smush it all back together again.

Stop throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks, then ignoring the shit that’s actually stuck there.
I reached out to someone for a quote for a Disneyland Paris reservation several months back. I hadn't heard back, and am traveling in two weeks. Ended up going with another travel agent who is a friend of a friend so was happy to give her the business, but to this day I still have not heard back about that Disneyland Paris inquiry from Dreams...

This was a great recap, best Patreon show in a long time. Clearly it is not just the audience that has critiques with her, definitely tension with others on the show! I checked to see if they cut that part out on the replay and it is still on there.
I listened (I'm in a low tier, I enjoy most of their videos so I give them some support on Patreon) and I'm on Ryno's side with this...even if it makes him sound like a jerk he's totally right. This is your job Monday-Friday so go. I would LOVE if my job told me I had to go to a restaurant in disney and eat a free meal on the clock. I think if he didn't want her to go, he wouldn't have pushed what he pushed so much.

Last edited:

Loueylouay

VIP Member
I am not surprised. He has been running on high lately, very compulsive. With his shirts, nails, tons of cruises and engagement to Gio. There is a slight spiral going on. He also needs to get his narcissism in check.

wtc50e

Chatty Member
Splash mountain isn’t and wasn’t an issue I don’t care how much social justice pretzel you try to concoct.

Reactions: 8

pembertonheights

Were John, Kevin and Theresa on the show today because of internet criticism (ie, Tattle.life) or because they just wanted to shill their overpriced tours?
I was curious about that as well. I think a little bit of all of it.

It was funny how much John and Kevin were trying to push off the anti-Disney stuff. Wonder if that's one of the reasons they haven't been on, didn't like all the bad mouthing of their bread and butter. Kevin's cyclical argument and being apoplectic about every minutiae statements sounded did not sound off the cuff.

John's "now that we've bashed Disney, lets sell some products" segue was pretty funny.

... just speculating.

astrogild

So Craig sent me, personally, a passive aggressive email stating how he reads here and how me stating that he’s not an on air talent, and it’s getting to him. I saw the tone of it and just deleted it but he without a doubt reads here, hi Craig!

Nasty passive aggressive emails still do not make your in air skills any better. At least I thought you had thicker skin.
how did he get your email thru here?

We'll we might not see Kevin again because who wants to drive across town for a Disney podcast where the host doesn't let anyone else talk and wants to talk about their wedding.
Also the negative talk about Sean was awkward and I don't think anybody agreed or was enthusiastic. It was odd.