Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Southpaw33

VIP Member
Panda is a wayyyy better host of the Tuesday show. I don't mind him at all, and would like an Off the Rails with him, Craig, Ryno, and Teresa. The lady today was also pretty good.

I really get tired of Erica. She doesn't add anything to these weekly shows.

Reactions: 11
Pete definitely came across as insufferable on this weeks episode. Everything he says come off as a brag and not a humble brag in any way. Like we get it, you have money. 🙄

Also feels like all the mentions of the wedding come across as trying to rub it in his ex face.

Panda and Theresa were weirdly quite in this episode. Kevin was amazing!

All the best wishes to Pete. Snark on him all you want, proactively deciding to enter treatment is a good choice and I think it will be the right one. I'm glad those who love him urged him to go.

• Heart

exdisfan

Kevin is snooty but he's always made me laugh. John is like a teddy bear and seems like a genuinely good person.
And I think that’s what made the Dreams podcast work for me. Yes, it’s a giant ad for the agency but it never FELT like one given how relatively approachable it is as a show.

I’m sure I could never afford all those trips Kevin & John go on but it was always “Hey, let’s invite you over to our house and talk about this awesome trip we went on and take you along for the ride” sort of a thing instead of feeling like you’re talked down to, which is leagues ahead of what the main show is now.

Well you can go ahead and cancel the 7 in 7's. Molly done went to all the Walt Disney World resorts in one day, complete with food, resort history, tips and B-roll.

• Haha
I unsubscribed from all of the channels today. I'm done. If you can't cover the biggest Disney news in almost 20 years, you've got a problem.

With the level of RSV/Flu/Covid, I understand being cautious for a newborn, but I have a feeling this will be a struggle for Craig and Kylie to deal with to not build a non-realistic bubble around the child. Even Ryno is not allowed to visit.
I'm not comparing their decision to not let anyone around their newborn (which I think is reasonable) to this, but you are right this can escalate.

A good friend of mine became pregnant five or six months before the pandemic. She started working from home in March of 2020, had her daughter in June of 2020, only left the house for doctor's appointments and didn't allow anyone over this entire time except her sister and mother. Her mother bought her groceries, ran errands for her, etc.

Her job recently required she come back to the office. She and her husband had to put her daughter in daycare. It's been an absolute nightmare. Her daughter is struggling including hitting and biting other kids (and her), is sick weekly and is now seeing several therapists for speech, physical and occupational.

Her daycare director told her that her child was at least 6 months behind the other children in her class and wanted to move her to a younger classroom that was more on her level.

She made an appointment with her doctor and her doctor told her "What do you expect?" You didn't leave your house for two and half years. Your child has no immune system or social skills.

• Wow
  • Sad

WDWUO83

VIP Member
]
What did they say about Sean? I couldn't find that part.
Same! I know I did miss a few parts, that must be one of them. After all Sean has shared and taken the time to listen to here, it’s pretty clear he’s a good person. He doesn’t deserve to continue to have his name brought up by someone in that way.

Kevin was in honey badger mode and it was great. He can be very annoying talking about how things have changed since 1972; but his absolute lack of fuck giving is gold when it come a to Pete.

• Haha

WDWUO83

VIP Member
Deni was not one of my favorites. I agree that she seems like a nice person though. Just kinda weird to me...but not as weird as her one son/daughter...

Pete does drive his own vehicles. For awhile he had both a sports car and a Lexus RX. Both cars interiors were always covered in ash. But he has someone clean his cars weekly.
I will say, hearing Pete talk about his spiritual seances and palm reading and dreams/visions is kinda crazy. He's big into that sorta stuff.
Last I knew, Deni was open about having a trans daughter. I’m not sure what’s weird?

I don’t know about her having her own channel. I probably won’t tune in, she’s always been professional and informative. Just don’t find her that engaging.

It doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of room in the Disney/theme park vlogger space anymore though. It’s so over saturated at this point.

I really enjoyed the show on 11/1, it was one of the most entertaining shows they’ve done in a while. Alyssa was a total breath of fresh air - she was articulate, knowledgeable, and opinionated. I really hope they don’t drive her away.

And while I’m not a huge fan of Panda, he’s way better than Pete as the host. He does a better job of facilitating the conversation, which really should be the host’s job. Pete’s rants are getting exhausting and make for an incredibly boring show. I wish he’d stop dominating the conversation and let the others speak.

Murray9000

VIP Member
[/QUOTE]

I actually like her. She’s new, young and I’m willing to give her a chance. I think she needs to continue to work on where she fits in on the podcast and bring more to the table. Apparently, her family has been DVC members since the 90s. That’s interesting and should mean she has a lot of experience at the resorts and parks. Bring that experience to the DVC show.

Obviously, they never brought her along when they used their points.

• Haha

Cinnamon1

It's surprising too becasue the DVC show seemed to be his baby. Paul and Amy are boring and I will not watch if it's just them with Panda. He may just be losing interest. He started a Facebook DVC page too, he's rarely around these days and if he is it's almost always about cruising.
Nothing against them, but they don't have the personalities to carry a show by themselves. It is sad to see Pete just give up on things that he was once excited about. That is a theme I see a lot with this channel, Pete starts things and then loses interest in a short time period.

moleson

I repeat my previous suggestion after viewing this weeks show….

The Dis Unplugged 4: Erica’s Gotta Go

The Mando

Well said, for me this week exemplifies the problem with the show.

I really could care less if the hosts are for or against the Splash Mountain re-theme or any of the less controversial ones. What I do expect on a professional show meant to discuss the Disneyana in a somewhat neutral/empathetic (you can be for a change while understanding why some people are upset about it) discussion of it. Between Kevin's Marie Antoinette attitude, Julie's luddite opinions ("I don't care about Tron", "You don't need to know specifics"), and Ryno, Julie, and Erica's (noticed Craig tried to stay out of it) clear dunking on people they disagree with it's becoming very toxic. It's fine to have opinions but for the shows, keep them as neutral as possible. I've seen the Facebook comments, I understand it's annoying to see the comments there and in YT chat but you have to take the high road. I can also tell some of it is blowing off steam but that isn't the place. Everything should be expressed in a constructive way. It's fine to sell ABD and cruises on the show but realize that's not what the majority of people are watching for so balance it, don't comment on the criticisms and move on.

Pete's pretty good at this. He knows how to state his opinion (on the show, fully acknowledging the problems behind the scenes) without bashing those he disagrees with outright. Kevin was also right about the overly bashing Disney. It still needs to be done but more selective in the purposes of the rants.

The channel needs to re-balance itself. Most of this would be fine on a personal vlog but the channel is a loss leader trying to sell trips to a broad audience. As said before, I have no problem with anybody on the show, I wish them all the best but I think I'm done with Dreams Unlimited and The Dis for a while.
I agree with this for sure. I feel Disney and most of the Disney channels are going about this whole thing in a weirdly political way when they just don’t have to at all. It isn’t unusual or unreasonable for a ride to get a new overlay, especially when the subject matter is outdated or the ride is not working functionally. Splash Mountain suffers in both of these areas.

We had a copy of the VHS of Song of The South and I saw it many times as a kid. I do not remember anything about it because it just was not good enough to remember even what the plot was about and I feel most people would say the same thing, so the subject matter is definitely dated. I cross trained at Splash Mountain and the ride itself has a LOT of problems. It broke down constantly, there were water leaks constantly, there were issues with guests taking inappropriate photos on the drop etc. Also, when you do the big drop and go around the corner there’s one more small drop because Disney used 2 different contractors at the same time to get the ride built faster - that spot is where the 2 sides met up….and they didn’t match. So they had to put in the worlds smallest drop. This is a good chance to correct a lot of the issues that this ride had. While I don’t think Princess and the Frog is the best IP Disney has, I think it’s a lot more popular than Song of the South and fits the theme of ‘frontier’ at least as good as Splash Mountain since neither has anything to do with the Frontier.

There are a ton of justifiable reasons for this change that have nothing to do with politics, but it does feel that the underlying opinions of these types of shows bases mostly around their personal political stances and that’s just really bizarre for me.

This overlay feels better in my opinion than Maelstroms because World Showcase is intended to be a look into the cultures, lore and experiences of the host country. Frontierland is already a hodgepodge and Disney openly admits this because cast members at Country Bear, TSI and Splash all wear the same costume but Big Thunder Mountain has a different costume because it takes place in Utah whereas the others take place near the Mississippi River which is not really the frontier as we know it.

it’s always sad when a ride that brought us a lot of great memories closes down. Splash Mountain was a ride I wouldn’t do the first few times I went to Disneyland because I was too afraid. As an adult it’s the ride that I had to hop off of once because I got a phone call as I was getting on the ride (ironically it was from Pete who I had never met at that time) and the friend I had to ditch on the ride was just going to go alone but 1 member of a huge group from Brazil got confused and jumped on the ride with her. So we have a photo of my whole friend group and 1 random Brazilian guy who got on the wrong log and couldn’t understand that his family wasn’t on it. Everyone has their stories and memories and it’s worth respecting when someone is sad that a change is happening.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

cavamom

Chatty Member
I mean, complaining that someone new gets to just pick and choose if they are going to work that day is how most people would respond. Especially if everyone else has to do their job whether they want to or not.
I just watched it. Ryno doesn’t come off badly in my opinion. For me it seemed like confirmation that Erica is exactly as she come off in the show and they’re all tired of her.

Murray9000

VIP Member
Something that bugged me is Erika on the episode. It was very unprofessional to antagonize people who were against the Splash Mountain overlay. She went way too hard on the "I don't care"s and then that smile at the camera.

I even agree that the ride is problematic in nature and re-theming is the best way to go. I just also believe that most people who disagree with it are not racist and just have a different POV. It came off as a "my side won" kind of dunk. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what it looked like to me.

Regardless, it's a bad look for a business that is trying to make money. To contrast, Pete's "wash the racism away" was hilarious because it made light of the situation without attacking the people who disagree. That's the difference, nuance.
Someone should tell her that one side of her hair is shorter than the other.

• Haha
  • Heart