The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have no clue. I don’t think he ever really talked about them. It was mostly just News Today.

Reactions: 2
I am not surprised. He has been running on high lately, very compulsive. With his shirts, nails, tons of cruises and engagement to Gio. There is a slight spiral going on
No not at all. I don’t know anything about it. Pete just always spoke very negatively about them and said they aren’t ethical. Didn’t know if it was a pot/kettle situation because it was constant.
Unethical are the Trackers

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sean what was a GOOD memory working for the dis unplugged?

also I think you looked good here.

I wish Pete all the best, and I am happy to hear that he decided to get help and put his sobriety first.

I subscribe to Patreon and there were some interesting bits in todays after show. First interesting bit of info is that Pete's fiance, Gio, is moving in while he is away at rehab. The second bit is less interesting but more so an observation on how Pete's relationships with the rest of the Dis team have changed over time. Teresa mentioned that she remembered visiting him the last time he was at rehab and the Pete also mentioned that Corey and Will had come to visit him while he was there as well. It reminded me of how close knit the team use to be and also how different the team is now. I don't think any of them will be making the trip to visit him in rehab, but also thinks that he wouldn't want them to. He seems to have put a lot of space between himself and the rest of his team, for better or worse. Hey, I get it, things change over time, people change over time. But it did make me feel a little sad for Pete and also wonder if subconsciously it has effected his mental health.

The timing of this is not lost on me either. I dabble in astrology. I decided to look into if Pete was approaching a Saturn Return. A Saturn Return is when the transiting Saturn comes to the exact same spot it was when you were born. It happens every 27-29 years in a persons life (often can be correlated with a quarter life crisis or midlife crisis). It is often a time where people learn hard lessons in their lives and if they don't learn them they often times repeat them, which tracks for what Pete has been going through lately. If I have his date of birth correct he will be heading into a Saturn return in the beginning of March, but the effects of the Saturn Return transit can show up months before and after the exact date. Hopefully this is his first step into taking charge of his mental health and wellness. Like I said before I wish him all the best.
He also said that he cancelled his travel plans for several months. That kind of surprised me, but I guess it’s necessary.

Reactions: 4
Sean what was a GOOD memory working for the dis unplugged?

also I think you looked good here.
Thank you! I’ve lost about 40 pounds at this point so I’m roughly back to that size. I was around 245-250 at the highest. I’m a little under 210 now. I know this was done before my hair transplant so I guess I have more hair now at least haha

I loved AbD. It’s really expensive but I get why they cost what they cost. The things you Get to do are amazing. You read the list of what you’ll be doing and it seems really standard but a good example is the London/Paris one I got to do. We did the Crown Jewels before it opened so the conveyor belts weren’t on and they took us to each one and told the whole story of why each crown was important and the origins and all that. If I were there regularly, you just ride a conveyor belt and look at them and you don’t really know what you’re seeing or why you are seeing it. So I loved that experience and I’d have never been able to afford something like that.

Also on this trip was a fan meet up at a bar in London and I loved that night. this is not a dig at Pete, it’s just a statement, if Pete can’t relate to the conversation, he has to bring it back around to himself, his accomplishments etc and he just can’t ask questions about the other person so I just would quietly sit beside him and let him do his thing or else I knew he would get in a funk and then spiral (example once at a meet and greet, I was talking to a couple about West Virginia because they were from there. Pete stomped off and they asked if he was ok and I said he was sick but when I got back to the room, I got screeeeamed at for talking about West Virginia because ‘nobody cares about that’ and I explained that they were from there but he still was upset and was claiming he couldn’t get a word in because all we talked about was them and I was clearly obsessed and having a affair, with both people) The bar gave me, John, Kevin and Pete each our own areas of the bar so people could go wherever they wanted and it was the first and only time I feel I got to spend time with fans without Pete being right there and correcting me and wanting to talk about himself, so my crew just sat at this table and got super drunk and I taught them a bunch of American drinking games and they taught me European stuff and it was actually fun and busy had his crowd so I wasn’t under the microscope. I’m still Facebook friends with a lot of them. They told me I was a ‘right wank’ on the show but they loved me in person.

The other was getting to do the dining shows. I know I wasnt Popular on them but I had only been to Disney world 2 or 3 times before I moved here. My family did get to stay in the value resorts and we would do 3 park days. We drove all night and went straight to MK for a day, Epcot for a day and then half days at HS and DAK and then drove back because that’s all we could afford. We would just eat snacks because dining was too expensive and we didn’t have time so the last time we came before I moved, I was adelivery driver with papa John’s and I had set aside 20% of each paycheck for about 3 years so I could do a ‘big’ trip with a cruise.

I was able to do a 3 night cruise with a Guaranteed status so I could afford it (I also rented a tuxedo because I thought formal meant very very formal so I was a little overdressed lol) and then Free Dining was happening I think. I got to pick 1 sit down per day and for Epcot, all that was left was Garden Grill and Tutto Italia. I chose Italian and when we got to Disney and saw garden grill on the way to soarin, we saw the sign that it was presented by smuckers, so we were like ‘oh I guess that’s a breakfast place or just jelly related to some degree’ and moved on. I mentioned it on a show and it’s come up here and I took a lot of flack for not knowing what it was years prior and telling that anecdote. So I was glad to get to try all these places. Looking back it’s hard to truly judge them because Pete was footing the bill so I do wish I had taken the chances of trying more exotic things because there was no risk but I was happy to at least get to try all these places. I’d walks past them so many times and didn’t think I’d ever actually drop $50 on a steak. Even when I worked at Disney In 2014, I made around $8 per hour so I just couldn’t have swung that.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you! I’ve lost about 40 pounds at this point so I’m roughly back to that size. I was around 245-250 at the highest. I’m a little under 210 now. I know this was done before my hair transplant so I guess I have more hair now at least haha

I loved AbD. It’s really expensive but I get why they cost what they cost. The things you Get to do are amazing. You read the list of what you’ll be doing and it seems really standard but a good example is the London/Paris one I got to do. We did the Crown Jewels before it opened so the conveyor belts weren’t on and they took us to each one and told the whole story of why each crown was important and the origins and all that. If I were there regularly, you just ride a conveyor belt and look at them and you don’t really know what you’re seeing or why you are seeing it. So I loved that experience and I’d have never been able to afford something like that.

Also on this trip was a fan meet up at a bar in London and I loved that night. this is not a dig at Pete, it’s just a statement, if Pete can’t relate to the conversation, he has to bring it back around to himself, his accomplishments etc and he just can’t ask questions about the other person so I just would quietly sit beside him and let him do his thing or else I knew he would get in a funk and then spiral (example once at a meet and greet, I was talking to a couple about West Virginia because they were from there. Pete stomped off and they asked if he was ok and I said he was sick but when I got back to the room, I got screeeeamed at for talking about West Virginia because ‘nobody cares about that’ and I explained that they were from there but he still was upset and was claiming he couldn’t get a word in because all we talked about was them and I was clearly obsessed and having a affair, with both people) The bar gave me, John, Kevin and Pete each our own areas of the bar so people could go wherever they wanted and it was the first and only time I feel I got to spend time with fans without Pete being right there and correcting me and wanting to talk about himself, so my crew just sat at this table and got super drunk and I taught them a bunch of American drinking games and they taught me European stuff and it was actually fun and busy had his crowd so I wasn’t under the microscope. I’m still Facebook friends with a lot of them. They told me I was a ‘right wank’ on the show but they loved me in person.

The other was getting to do the dining shows. I know I wasnt Popular on them but I had only been to Disney world 2 or 3 times before I moved here. My family did get to stay in the value resorts and we would do 3 park days. We drove all night and went straight to MK for a day, Epcot for a day and then half days at HS and DAK and then drove back because that’s all we could afford. We would just eat snacks because dining was too expensive and we didn’t have time so the last time we came before I moved, I was adelivery driver with papa John’s and I had set aside 20% of each paycheck for about 3 years so I could do a ‘big’ trip with a cruise.

I was able to do a 3 night cruise with a Guaranteed status so I could afford it (I also rented a tuxedo because I thought formal meant very very formal so I was a little overdressed lol) and then Free Dining was happening I think. I got to pick 1 sit down per day and for Epcot, all that was left was Garden Grill and Tutto Italia. I chose Italian and when we got to Disney and saw garden grill on the way to soarin, we saw the sign that it was presented by smuckers, so we were like ‘oh I guess that’s a breakfast place or just jelly related to some degree’ and moved on. I mentioned it on a show and it’s come up here and I took a lot of flack for not knowing what it was years prior and telling that anecdote. So I was glad to get to try all these places. Looking back it’s hard to truly judge them because Pete was footing the bill so I do wish I had taken the chances of trying more exotic things because there was no risk but I was happy to at least get to try all these places. I’d walks past them so many times and didn’t think I’d ever actually drop $50 on a steak. Even when I worked at Disney In 2014, I made around $8 per hour so I just couldn’t have swung that.
So I thought you were great on the dining shows. You were not just saying things for the camera. It was like having a conversation with us of how you felt about the food.
I can see Pete is the type that doesn't ask others about their life stories. I emailed him once to tell about my unique experiences in Disney in the 70s which are interesting because of my father's company at the time. Anyway he never wrote back but that's fine. I wanted to tell him about Top of the World and seeing Barry Manilow etc. The difference in the Hoop Dee Doo shows, what the Games room in the Contemporary was like where Steakhouse 71 is. How we kept busy with only 1 park. That we were pretty much the only Canadians there in those days etc etc I think it's good that he is getting help because I believe his problems are not just about being sober.

Reactions: 5
Popping in, wasn't sure if there was a Disunplugged thread out there...

I had not watched the show in years, it became too much of a showcase for Pete to show off in. When Jenny Lynn left the show really slid downhill.
On occasion over the past few weeks I've tried to pull up the show and watch it. It feels like they're going through the motions without much value added to the same info content that we can get from other sources that present it better and faster.

Ryno is still there? Why? I find him to be like wallpaper - there but not really useful.
Criag seems to have an odd investment in the company, what did Pete offer to keep him there?
Don't know her name, but the whiny toned gal... what is the point of having her there? Was it to appeal to Millennials? Hope not as I don't think they're like her at all.
There are many faces on the team I don't recognize, are they all pulled in from the travel agency? They always refer back to the office and phone calls they get.

I’ve seen it hinted at in here but I don’t see a full thread. Does anyone have thoughts on WDWNT?
If they're who I think they are the thing I've noticed about them is they seem more interested in clicks than accuracy. They have some good stuff but I've also seen clickbait both in videos and articles (they do that thing in articles where it has a salacious title and then Ad littered filler before getting to a speculative sentence). Best case scenario, he just doesn't vet sources.

That said, take that as an observation based on how I've stumbled upon content.

Watching Tuesday’s show. It’s actually a decent episode. Pete’s opening up regarding rehab felt very real and I hope it helps. That being said…his fingernails were all I could see the entire episode. It’s like when some gets ultra white dental veneers and your eyes just go to them. His fingernails are insanely white, hypnotic and, ultimately, very distracting.

• Haha
god personally I feel like the white nail polish somehow makes his nails look dirtier? More repulsive? Idk I couldn’t care less that he paints his nails, but maybe go dark honestly? Not something that looks like we can see the tar already tainting the shade from the amount of cigs he pounds

• Haha
I’ve seen it hinted at in here but I don’t see a full thread. Does anyone have thoughts on WDWNT?
Don't see the downer people give to News Today. Tom gives updates and gives his views on those updates, over in about 5 minutes. Like all vlogs, you either like the person or you don't - just from News Today Tom is a good host. On the other hand, News Tonight is funny for the first 5 minutes and then I switch off - as it is so boring and childish and can last for 2 hours. They seem to think that they are comedy writers, but they aint.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
god personally I feel like the white nail polish somehow makes his nails look dirtier? More repulsive? Idk I couldn’t care less that he paints his nails, but maybe go dark honestly? Not something that looks like we can see the tar already tainting the shade from the amount of cigs he pounds
absolutely they make them look more yellow

The nails, the ring, the purple necklace were all very distracting. He reminds me of Ursula for some reason.
Screenshot_20230120-100900-662.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Don't see the downer people give to News Today. Tom gives updates and gives his views on those updates, over in about 5 minutes. Like all vlogs, you either like the person or you don't - just from News Today Tom is a good host. On the other hand, News Tonight is funny for the first 5 minutes and then I switch off - as it is so boring and childish and can last for 2 hours. They seem to think that they are comedy writers, but they aint.
WDWNT has come a long way. At the beginning, they were accused of doing some shady things such as harassing the family of the little boy that got killed by the alligator at the Grand Floridian for a comment, getting cast members fired, not paying their reporters, not reimbursing their reporters for merch/food, etc.

I don't know if any of it was true, but the rumors were there.

Tom's narcism aside, as they've grown, a lot of that has changed. Their reporting and legitimacy has improved. But there's always a subsection of the Disney fandom that doesn't want anything negative pointed out.

However, Disney needs someone like WDWNT pointing out that Space Mountain hasn't been pressure washed in four years, Rise of the Resistance has been down two days in a row or A Small World's boats have algae all over them. It holds Disney's feet to the fire.

I'm a DVC member and have been going to Disney World since I was 5. I have never seen the parks in such rough shape during my last two visits and this includes Eisner's final few years after 9/11.

You don't normally associate Disney with dirty, but the parks in 12/21 and 9/22 were just dirty (trash on the sidewalk, trashcans overfilled, dust and grime all over the monorail and monorail stations, lots of break downs and it was obvious the rides weren't being properly maintained.

I also wasn't too impressed with the lack of customer service from some cast members. I know everyone has had a rough few years and they deal with a lot, but we encountered several rude cast members (likely new hires). One cast member was screaming at another family for walking the wrong direction.

Pete loves to brag about telling Josh D'Amaro this and that and while Pete may share his opinion about something on the Tuesday show, the WDWinfo website is basically filled with Disney press releases.

Like them or not, WDWNT is the only definitive news source on Walt Disney World. If there's a new churro or snack, you're going to hear about the same day it debuts. If a ride breaks down and wasn't fixed that day, you're going to read about it.

I'm not making excuses for their bad behavior, especially early on, but they have their place.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Pete loves to brag about telling Josh D'Amaro this and that and while Pete may share his opinion about something on the Tuesday show, the WDWinfo website is basically filled with Disney press releases.
Pete really believes he has the ear of Disney corporate as there was one day he happened to mention to Josh or another exec. that he wanted room service in his concierge room and poof it started happening. If the moon fell into the ocean one day Pete would think he made it happen.

WDWNT used to be the source for info... when they were not straight up making guesses and calling it news, but now days it often the news drowns in the sea of garbage. Let's take a look at what the headlines for today are... OMG these will change your life. :rolleyes:

1674240739812.png

I won't deny that the Disboards shaped many current policies at Disney, most of them negatively. They were all in response to the group think that was happening ON the boards posted by hundreds/thousands of individuals. Pete offered a place to share... he had no influence beyond that.

Reactions: 4
The nails, the ring, the purple necklace were all very distracting. He reminds me of Ursula for some reason.
View attachment 1897668

I don't like judging someones appearance or fashion choices, BUT Pete looks like he is going through a 3/4 life crisis and decided to shake things up a bit (in a not great way).
Almost the equivalent of a 60 year old woman deciding to die her hair red and wear chunky turquoise jewelry.

• Haha
I dont know what it is about his nails that bother me so much. It never bothers me when men wear nail polish but for some reason it makes me uncomfortable to look at on him. And his constant burping on camera is terrible. I will say though good on him going to rehab. It certainly has seemed, really in the past year, that he is spiraling. I do not think that going to rehab will put his arrogance in check at all. He spoke on Tuesdays show that they told him that he isnt allowed to have his phone in rehab, which I think is a rule at most rehabs, but he said absolutely no. I will have my phone. He really thinks everywhere he goes that he is Pete Werner so he should get his way. He needs to realize that it is a TINY TINY TINY segment of the poplulation that knows or cares who he is.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
WDWNT has come a long way. At the beginning, they were accused of doing some shady things such as harassing the family of the little boy that got killed by the alligator at the Grand Floridian for a comment, getting cast members fired, not paying their reporters, not reimbursing their reporters for merch/food, etc.

I don't know if any of it was true, but the rumors were there.

Tom's narcism aside, as they've grown, a lot of that has changed. Their reporting and legitimacy has improved. But there's always a subsection of the Disney fandom that doesn't want anything negative pointed out.

However, Disney needs someone like WDWNT pointing out that Space Mountain hasn't been pressure washed in four years, Rise of the Resistance has been down two days in a row or A Small World's boats have algae all over them. It holds Disney's feet to the fire.

I'm a DVC member and have been going to Disney World since I was 5. I have never seen the parks in such rough shape during my last two visits and this includes Eisner's final few years after 9/11.

You don't normally associate Disney with dirty, but the parks in 12/21 and 9/22 were just dirty (trash on the sidewalk, trashcans overfilled, dust and grime all over the monorail and monorail stations, lots of break downs and it was obvious the rides weren't being properly maintained.

I also wasn't too impressed with the lack of customer service from some cast members. I know everyone has had a rough few years and they deal with a lot, but we encountered several rude cast members (likely new hires). One cast member was screaming at another family for walking the wrong direction.

Like them or not, WDWNT is the only definitive news source on Walt Disney World. If there's a new churro or snack, you're going to hear about the same day it debuts. If a ride breaks down and wasn't fixed that day, you're going to read about it.

I'm not making excuses for their bad behavior, especially early on, but they have their place.
We just came back and hadn't been since 2015. Huge difference in customer service. Most CM looked miserable, some were actually rude for no reason, a lot were misinformed too. Ones that were friendly and helpful were few and far between. This also included service in the restaurants. But it all came down to the fact that there are just too many people at all times everywhere.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.