The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the latest podcast and kept thinking how lucky Corey got, damn! The website is so 1998 looking and the travel agency website is so dreadful a guy I recommended it to (who was booking a pricey Med cruise and wanted to get credit) thought it was a scam and wouldn't trust the company. I sent him the link to the forum and the Youtube 'it's these people, it's not a scam' and he was stunned that they didn't have a better setup. As it turns out they responded to him 3 weeks after he asked for a quote so he went with another company!

So, it shouldn't have surprised me to hear Corey say he had no experience, no qualification, and just winged it but ---I'm kinda surprised that Pete didn't send him packing over the years and replace him with someone who can do better. What sheer dumb luck for Corey though!

Some of the other stuff they said though backs up what some posters here have said. They have a loyal clientele with deep pockets and are not as interested in winning over new customers or younger Disney fans. That may be their downfall. 3,500 each for a trip to DL with them? 12,000 for the Christmas markets tour Kevin is shilling, 30 people are paying at least 5K just on cruise fare alone to sail with J&K, 20K per family for an Adventures by Disney trip to Sicily (no airfare!) - one of the cheapest places I have visited in Europe. If I could poach those clients I think I'd have a trunk full of David Yurman bling too 😆
Yes I mentioned all of these things before. It's fine that Corey had zero knowledge but by now he should be an expert coder. My husband taught himself too, around 2002 and now he can code, run databases etc like anyone else who had training. I mentioned before the Dreams site is terrible, from the font, to you can't even just get a basic automated quote. They did nothing to try to upgrade the site. The forums they didn't upgrade the template until forced to. I would never think Corey is a valuable employee. He said on the podcast he is an artist, and it took him 4 months to come up with the new logo which is just whatever. Shows me Pete's business sense that he thinks Corey is so great. I also think they are getting ripped off paying $13 k a month for servers.

Reactions: 2
This has all been very interesting but what I really want to know is what kind of edibles Ryno enjoyed prior to the holly jolly combo episode because he was high af

Reactions: 4
Corey seems like a good guy to me - but also proves how important timing is.
I never said he was a bad guy but I just think he portrays that he has more skills than he does. I didn't even know he considers himself an artist because the 2 logos he has come up with in the past 20 years aren't great.

Not talking tit on Corey because I do like him too, does he not drink anymore because his car accident was DWI?

Not talking tit on Corey because I do like him too, does he not drink anymore because his car accident was DWI?
I think I am actually more throwing shade at Pete when it comes to Corey as to his business decisions. I would never have him as my tech/artist guy. He doesn't have up to date skills. That's all. Nobody is talking about Corey personally.

I think I am actually more throwing shade at Pete when it comes to Corey as to his business decisions. I would never have him as my tech/artist guy. He doesn't have up to date skills. That's all. Nobody is talking about Corey personally.
Oh yes that website is hot garbage

Reactions: 1
WTF does Pete need a Patreon sub group? Pure greed nothing more. He doesn't need any suckers to just send him money. "Hey I'm rich so join my Patreon!"

All the jewelry and cruises and you couldn’t keep Sean Faulk who’s a 4/10 at best!?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There is an amazing YouTuber named Noel Philips. He's a plane enthusiast. What I like about Noel is that he puts his profit and loss statements for his channel on the web. He has 326K subscribers, 64.5 million total views, and each video averages 222K views. First quarter 2022 Noel brought in $110K ($82K ad revenue from YT and FB, $19,600 sponsors, patreon $7,500, and merch $1,300), and had $55K in expenses. DisUnplugged has 162K subscribers, 87.2 million total views, but each video averages only 18.12K views. Pete has to be operating his YT channels at a huge loss. If ad revenue is based on average views, Pete's total revenue for all his YT channels combined can't be over $40K per year--doesn't even cover his $13,000 a month in server expenses. Which sounds bogus to begin with because why wouldn't Pete convert to a cloud-based system. It's not like people are going to cry if there is a data loss and they can't see a Disney park video from 2015. Or maybe $13,000 a month is what he has to pay Corey as webmaster and "server" is Pete's nickname for him.

I used to think Pete was a standup guy for not reviewing comped travel. But Noel explained that when you take comped travel as a YouTuber, the provider, or in Pete's case Disney, previews the video and they retain editorial control over it's release. So if they don't like what you say, they kill the video. There is a whole release they have to sign with the comp. Pete's no standup guy for not reviewing comped travel. He just wants to rant without Disney telling him he can't.

There is an amazing YouTuber named Noel Philips. He's a plane enthusiast. What I like about Noel is that he puts his profit and loss statements for his channel on the web. He has 326K subscribers, 64.5 million total views, and each video averages 222K views. First quarter 2022 Noel brought in $110K ($82K ad revenue from YT and FB, $19,600 sponsors, patreon $7,500, and merch $1,300), and had $55K in expenses. DisUnplugged has 162K subscribers, 87.2 million total views, but each video averages only 18.12K views. Pete has to be operating his YT channels at a huge loss. If ad revenue is based on average views, Pete's total revenue for all his YT channels combined can't be over $40K per year--doesn't even cover his $13,000 a month in server expenses. Which sounds bogus to begin with because why wouldn't Pete convert to a cloud-based system. It's not like people are going to cry if there is a data loss and they can't see a Disney park video from 2015. Or maybe $13,000 a month is what he has to pay Corey as webmaster and "server" is Pete's nickname for him.

I used to think Pete was a standup guy for not reviewing comped travel. But Noel explained that when you take comped travel as a YouTuber, the provider, or in Pete's case Disney, previews the video and they retain editorial control over it's release. So if they don't like what you say, they kill the video. There is a whole release they have to sign with the comp. Pete's no standup guy for not reviewing comped travel. He just wants to rant without Disney telling him he can't.
The whole thing is one big vanity project. Even his live news shows don't get many views but he loves to hear himself talk. I used to think their dining reviews were not bad but I don't know what happened, either I got sick of them or they got bad...or maybe both.
I really do wonder if part of that $13 k is for Corey because that seems too much for servers, however they do have 3 sites so it can get up there. 4 if you want to count that Spanish site which should have just been a link, not a whole new site but you know Pete being the business genius he is.

All the jewelry and cruises and you couldn’t keep Sean Faulk who’s a 4/10 at best!?
Not just jewelry and cruises.
Don't forget how Pete fought so hard for Sean when Hoop Dee Doo show was over and cast members asked him to leave but Sean wanted to stay and keep eating. Pete when on a rant about how awful they were, not caring that Sean was in the wrong.

Last edited:
Not just jewelry and cruises.
Don't forget how Pete fought so hard for Sean when Hoop Dee Doo show was over and cast members asked him to leave but Sean wanted to stay and keep eating. Pete when on a rant about how awful they were, not caring that Sean was in the wrong.
I remember this being one of the most cringe things ever even then...Pete was on a tirade about a situation he only heard about

Knowing people who go to media things in the past and still do, Disney has no control in the release unless they say not to specifically show something. There control is about future access. If they dont like what someone says they might not get invited back and creators know that.

I think they view the YT channels as a main promotional tool driving business to Dreams and Moving to Orlando, where they make those big commissions - but they are not profitable on their own. They don't get the nearly the views of the more popular disney vloggers who are making a living (basically with one camera and little overhead).

@Jafar how much influence does Pete actually have with disney outside of an old man yelling at the kids
I'm not @Jafar but I can ask around to people I know that would have the answer. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say his influence ends with the travel agent sector since that is there biggest impact and then its a question of how much influence does the travel agent sector have on the people who can make changes.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.