The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Corey Martin is a millionaire from the DisBoards ad revenue alone. They make A LOT of money from both.
Sorry I completely disagree and I have some knowledge in this area in general. They only have Google ad words on their site, there is no other advertising. Their ranking is 39,000. Not bad but not great considering how long the site has been around. They do not make millions from only Google ads and that amount of traffic...not even close.

Reactions: 3
Sorry I completely disagree and I have some knowledge in this area in general. They only have Google ad words on their site, there is no other advertising. Their ranking is 39,000. Not bad but not great considering how long the site has been around. They do not make millions from only Google ads and that amount of traffic...not even close.
Not even close
Folks I know this for a FACT so believe it or not that's your peragative.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
For those curious, they talk about a lot of the beginnings on today's live show.

As for Corey, Pete did make a reference to his big house one time and mentioned something about him making money off crypto. But that was awhile back.

I believe it. Don't forget it's not all just Google adverts, they have actual advertisers with paid contracts on too.
On the site? There is only Google ads, I think. Sorry I will never believe they make $1 million dollars on the site from Google ads alone.

Jafar has given us the most insight tea so far why are we doubting him now?

Reactions: 6
Thanks buddy. Ill keep my mouth shut and let everyone go back their speculation and guessing going forward.

How would you know for a fact unless you are John, Pete or Corey?
John has nothing to do with the Disboards. Pete owns them alone, just to so you have accurate information, and I've already said what Corey's business arrangement is with regard to them. Feel free to read that previous post.

Reactions: 1
I am not doubting anyone but I have run websites with high traffic and you don't make a million from Google ads. I am only commenting on that because I know this. I don't know anything about YouTube income, or sponsorships from DVC or magic candle etc but the comment was about their site which does not have enough traffic for that amount of income. It takes a lot of ad clicks to make a million. Now unless I'm missing that they have other ads on their site then that's different. But to say that they make the same amount from ad words as they do from running their agency, even logically it doesn't make sense.
If they made that much they wouldn't make their Spanish site a whole new site, they would just link it from their existing site.

Thanks buddy. Ill keep my mouth shut and let everyone go back their speculation and guessing going forward.

John has nothing to do with the Disboards. Pete owns them alone, just to so you have accurate information, and I've already said what Corey's business arrangement is with regard to them. Feel free to read that previous post.
I guess you didn't understand what I meant. How would you know for a fact what their income is from Ad words? My comment had to do with only the owners would know for a fact. I wasn't referring to if John runs the website etc

You know who I miss? The Canadian lady (I forgot her name, but the one who lost her hair). I always loved her and her perspective.
Her name is Tracey Hendricks! I liked her too! She was normally in the Dreams Unlimited Travel podcasts/vlogs.

I guess you didn't understand what I meant. How would you know for a fact what their income is from Ad words? My comment had to do with only the owners would know for a fact. I wasn't referring to if John runs the website etc
The purpose if this site is to remain anonymous. To elaborate more would defeat that purpose. I appreciate and understand that you could be skeptical so the most I can say is that you can believe me or not. I can also tell you if you go back and listen to ALL the podcasts from the very start, almost everything I have posted has been mentioned or supported on one of them. I didn't join this to make things up.

I am not doubting anyone but I have run websites with high traffic and you don't make a million from Google ads. I am only commenting on that because I know this. I don't know anything about YouTube income, or sponsorships from DVC or magic candle etc but the comment was about their site which does not have enough traffic for that amount of income. It takes a lot of ad clicks to make a million. Now unless I'm missing that they have other ads on their site then that's different. But to say that they make the same amount from ad words as they do from running their agency, even logically it doesn't make sense.
If they made that much they wouldn't make their Spanish site a whole new site, they would just link it from their existing site.
Also understand that the Disboards has been around for 20+ years. In that time, someone who may or may not have a business arrangement to receive a significant amount of that income over those 20+ years could, today, be very rich. In addition, the income generation rate may have adjusted as the internet took hold.

Last edited:
The purpose if this site is to remain anonymous. To elaborate more would defeat that purpose. I appreciate and understand that you could be skeptical so the most I can say is that you can believe me or not. I can also tell you if you go back and listen to ALL the podcasts from the very start, almost everything I have posted has been mentioned or supported on one of them. I didn't join this to make things up.

Also understand that the Disboards has been around for 20+ years. In that time, someone who may or may not have a business arrangement to receive a significant amount of that income over those 20+ years could, today, be very rich. In addition, the income generation rate may have adjusted as the internet took hold.
Look someone the other day posted and did some looking into what is possibly their income. They stated it may or may not be accurate. All I am stating is that I have the experience and knowledge to know how much income is generated from Google ad words based on traffic to the site. And it's impossible to be $1 million. You are being definite in your opinion and I can do the same. I am also not making a big insinuation on what they do make, I am simply saying it is not that much. Disboards is simply a forum, there is traffic but it is not a commercial site in which people post and pay for ads. The ranking is 39000 because they have been around for so long and probably on the DMOZ directory at the beginning. Traffic does not necessarily generate income. Others on here have also made educated guesses and statements, so not sure why you are focusing on me so much. Also I never asked you to reveal yourself so not sure where that came from.

Look someone the other day posted and did some looking into what is possibly their income. They stated it may or may not be accurate. All I am stating is that I have the experience and knowledge to know how much income is generated from Google ad words based on traffic to the site. And it's impossible to be $1 million. You are being definite in your opinion and I can do the same. I am also not making a big insinuation on what they do make, I am simply saying it is not that much. Disboards is simply a forum, there is traffic but it is not a commercial site in which people post and pay for ads. The ranking is 39000 because they have been around for so long and probably on the DMOZ directory at the beginning. Traffic does not necessarily generate income. Others on here have also made educated guesses and statements, so not sure why you are focusing on me so much. Also I never asked you to reveal yourself so not sure where that came from.
You said unless I'm Pete John or Corey how would I know. That could be construed as a way to elicit more information. I respect your professional knowledge on the subject. You can choose to respect my intimate knowledge on it or not. Thats the last I'm going to sat about it.

Reactions: 2
You said unless I'm Pete John or Corey how would I know. That could be construed as a way to elicit more information. I respect your professional knowledge on the subject. You can choose to respect my intimate knowledge on it or not. Thats the last I'm going to sat about it.
So you said before that you found this info from listening to the podcasts. But here you say you have intimate knowledge. Which is it?

No I never asked you who you are, that was a generalized statement meaning how would you know or anyone know "exactly" how much their ad words payments are unless you are an owner. Never once did I imply that oh tell me who you are. I couldn't care less. We were debating the amount if it's plausible, nothing more.

Ha - if anyone thinks they are getting rich off Google Ads, they don't understand how it works. Similar Web estimates 2M visitors per month to wdwinfo.com and disboards.com. Given the busy content on their sites, and the number of repeat visitors, they would be lucky to generate a 1% CTR on these ads. Let's go crazy and call it 2% - so 40k clicks per month. Display CPCs are usually $.50 to $.75, which is split with Google. Let's give them a generous $.50 - so they gross 20k from this program per month on this high end (and I'd bet half that). This goes towards the 13k per month hosting costs they referenced on the show.

They have revenue share deals with other sites like Undercover Tourist and Magic Candle - but we are likely talking a few k a month in profits there from actual converted sales generated (and more ads on the site lowers your Google Ads CTR above).

Ha - if anyone thinks they are getting rich off Google Ads, they don't understand how it works. Similar Web estimates 2M visitors per month to wdwinfo.com and disboards.com. Given the busy content on their sites, and the number of repeat visitors, they would be lucky to generate a 1% CTR on these ads. Let's go crazy and call it 2% - so 40k clicks per month. Display CPCs are usually $.50 to $.75, which is split with Google. Let's give them a generous $.50 - so they gross 20k from this program per month on this high end (and I'd bet half that). This goes towards the 13k per month hosting costs they referenced on the show.

They have revenue share deals with other sites like Undercover Tourist and Magic Candle - but we are likely talking a few k a month in profits there from actual converted sales generated (and more ads on the site lowers your Google Ads CTR above).
Exactly what I was saying...but you said it much better

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.