The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So you said before that you found this info from listening to the podcasts. But here you say you have intimate knowledge. Which is it?
What I said is I have intimate knowledge of what I post and what I post has been SUPPORTED by things said on the podcast. Interrogate someone else.

Reactions: 4
Thanks buddy. Ill keep my mouth shut and let everyone go back their speculation and guessing going forward.

John has nothing to do with the Disboards. Pete owns them alone, just to so you have accurate information, and I've already said what Corey's business arrangement is with regard to them. Feel free to read that previous post.
[/QUOTE
What I said is I have intimate knowledge of what I post and what I post has been SUPPORTED by things said on the podcast. Interrogate someone else.
your insight into the drama/details of the Dis, dreams, etc is greatly appreciated. On this particular topic, however, you simply are being questioned by people who have a more intimate knowledge of how the business of Google ads/message boards work. Based on their experience and knowledge it’s not feasible for Corey or Pete to be making millions off ads on that forum. It simply does not generate the revenue.

Reactions: 3
I don't know about clips and ads, but if they are getting any kind of taste of the business World of DVC does, they are doing very well. Those three businesses have to generate some signicant revenue.

Plus in the DIS Boards you cannot post any DVC company unless it is "approved". So you can post about the biggest companies like DVC Resale Market, Fidelity Resales, or DVC Store by name. But if you try to post about an non-approved business it shows up as https://*******.com Now you tell me Pete isn't making money from these "approved" companies. Dude is shady.

Last edited:
No interrogation really. I just don’t believe your info especially based on my inside info. That’s all.

I don't know about clips and ads, but if they are getting any kind of taste of the business World of DVC does, they are doing very well. Those three businesses have to generate some signicant revenue.

Plus in the DIS Boards you cannot post any DVC company unless it is "approved". So you can post about the biggest companies like DVC Resale Market, Fidelity Resales, or DVC Store by name. But if you try to post about an non-approved business it shows up as https://*******.com Now you tell me Pete isn't making money from these "approved" companies. Dude is shady.
Pete/Dis loves to ban outside websites and companies.

Reactions: 2
On 2022 the DISboards are still popular like back in the day I can’t imagine so

Reactions: 1
Corey Martin is a millionaire from the DisBoards ad revenue alone. They make A LOT of money from both.
lmaooooo. this is like when corey tries to make his job seem way more complicated than it is.. “yeah i CODED that link” like stfu it’s not that hard to make a website 😹😹

No interrogation really. I just don’t believe your info especially based on my inside info. That’s all.

Pete/Dis loves to ban outside websites and companies.
Thats fair. You do not have to believe me, but again, I didn't come here to make up anything and I have no reason to do so but we are all entitled to make our own judgements. No hard feelings.

your insight into the drama/details of the Dis, dreams, etc is greatly appreciated. On this particular topic, however, you simply are being questioned by people who have a more intimate knowledge of how the business of Google ads/message boards work. Based on their experience and knowledge it’s not feasible for Corey or Pete to be making millions off ads on that forum. It simply does not generate the revenue.
That may be true now, but I believe it has changed over time and may have been much more lucrative in the past. Just follow Corey on social media. See his house, his cars, his lifestyle, that's all I can say. But I appreciate your compliments and comments.

Reactions: 5
That may be true now, but I believe it has changed over time and may have been much more lucrative in the past. Just follow Corey on social media. See his house, his cars, his lifestyle, that's all I can say. But I appreciate your compliments and comments.
You can look up Corey’s house fairly easily on the internet. Right now it’s valued over $1 million but it’s not what he paid for it. They all live very well no doubt but they aren’t some ultra rich people either.

lmaooooo. this is like when corey tries to make his job seem way more complicated than it is.. “yeah i CODED that link” like stfu it’s not that hard to make a website 😹😹
Remember they were doing an update and it took Corey 4 months. It was because the forum template of 1997 was extinct and he had to do a migration. A 2 week job at most. Also took the same amount of time to make a new logo. On the Tuesday show, Corey said that he works 24 hrs a day. On what?
On that show Pete saying how he wants to write a book about his life, he said because boy do I have a story to tell. He is so full of himself. Dude everyone has a story to tell...I can think of 10 people I know personally that their story is way more interesting than yours. The guy made a company and he thinks he is the only one to do that. It is really hilarious to watch someone brag so much about owning a pedestrian business.

But that's demonstrating the totality of what he makes. I was not arguing that. You were specifically talking about the site and revenue from Google ads only.

Happy 25th Birthday Dis! Way to celebrate with the most boring show you have ever released. What a bunch of self important bores.

Remember they were doing an update and it took Corey 4 months. It was because the forum template of 1997 was extinct and he had to do a migration. A 2 week job at most. Also took the same amount of time to make a new logo. On the Tuesday show, Corey said that he works 24 hrs a day. On what?
On that show Pete saying how he wants to write a book about his life, he said because boy do I have a story to tell. He is so full of himself. Dude everyone has a story to tell...I can think of 10 people I know personally that their story is way more interesting than yours. The guy made a company and he thinks he is the only one to do that. It is really hilarious to watch someone brag so much about owning a pedestrian business.

But that's demonstrating the totality of what he makes. I was not arguing that. You were specifically talking about the site and revenue from Google ads only.
I wasn't claiming they made millions a year from Google ads. I said Corey is a millionaire and that money came from the advertising which he received and continues to receive a large percentage of over the life of the websites. Sorry if I wasn't clear originally.

Reactions: 7
I wasn't claiming they made millions a year from Google ads. I said Corey is a millionaire and that money came from the advertising which he received and continues to receive a large percentage of over the life of the websites. Sorry if I wasn't clear originally.
Fair enough

Something about Jafar reminds me of Craig... 🤔

• Haha
I watched the latest podcast and kept thinking how lucky Corey got, damn! The website is so 1998 looking and the travel agency website is so dreadful a guy I recommended it to (who was booking a pricey Med cruise and wanted to get credit) thought it was a scam and wouldn't trust the company. I sent him the link to the forum and the Youtube 'it's these people, it's not a scam' and he was stunned that they didn't have a better setup. As it turns out they responded to him 3 weeks after he asked for a quote so he went with another company!

So, it shouldn't have surprised me to hear Corey say he had no experience, no qualification, and just winged it but ---I'm kinda surprised that Pete didn't send him packing over the years and replace him with someone who can do better. What sheer dumb luck for Corey though!

Some of the other stuff they said though backs up what some posters here have said. They have a loyal clientele with deep pockets and are not as interested in winning over new customers or younger Disney fans. That may be their downfall. 3,500 each for a trip to DL with them? 12,000 for the Christmas markets tour Kevin is shilling, 30 people are paying at least 5K just on cruise fare alone to sail with J&K, 20K per family for an Adventures by Disney trip to Sicily (no airfare!) - one of the cheapest places I have visited in Europe. If I could poach those clients I think I'd have a trunk full of David Yurman bling too 😆

This also explains why Pete starts up Facebook groups instead of directing people to the forums for discussion. He isn't making money off of the forums.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.