The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Believe it or not, I think it's been around 2 1/2 years since Pete and Shaun left a staff trip to Aulani and "snuck off" to share a room in Tokyo Disneyland. Whether they are still partners...who knows? I'm more certain that they are still business partners in the Real Estate broker company. It's a lot easier to break up the other relationship than the business one.
Well, I mean, Pete already has a history of remaining business partners with his exes, so...

Reactions: 1
Just like this marathon show is to sell you Pete’s products and stroke his ego.
he even makes the interview with his mother about him, drag a 90 year old woman into the studio so Pete can go over the top New Jersey and slap his own back yet again.

I watched a lot of the marathon but not all. Who was the the ex-staffer that returned for it?

That Drake dude contributes nothing to the Dis in my opinion , and what happened to Sean the "um" guy?

he even makes the interview with his mother about him, drag a 90 year old woman into the studio so Pete can go over the top New Jersey and slap his own back yet again.
I didn’t watch the marathon show. What did Pete do with his mother? That always bothered me that he kept putting his mother on the show. Like leave the poor woman alone, she probably doesn’t want to be there!

I agree Drake really annoys me for some reason
But there are rumours him and Pete are dating so he might be here to stay
I’ll bet Pete is trying to duck this new guy who bakes. Soon they’ll start a dis cooking show. If there isn’t one already.

I didn’t watch the marathon show. What did Pete do with his mother? That always bothered me that he kept putting his mother on the show. Like leave the poor woman alone, she probably doesn’t want to be there!

I’ll bet Pete is trying to duck this new guy who bakes. Soon they’ll start a dis cooking show. If there isn’t one already.
She was the focal point of a segment. Not in bad shape for 91 but very unnecessary. She seemed confused.

There is one with him and one with Deni where she cooks in a DVC kitchen. Wake me up when it's over.

im late to this and i made an account here just to rant about the dis unplugged lol. (been watching for 5 years now) i cannot STAND deni. if disney murdered her family she would still have something positive to say about them. jackie too.. barf. ryno has gotten on my nerves lately. craig has grown on me a lot. i miss steve and charles:( the shows with sean steve charles pete and craig are god tier dis unplugged. im in the minority but i really liked sean lol. everything he said made me laugh because of how ridiculous it was. teresa is clearly there because of nepotism or something right? shes an airhead and contributes nothing to any conversation, shes seriously braindead she asks some of the dumbest questions. IMO the dis unplugged is utterly lost nowadays. if pete isnt hosting i refuse to watch and even he cant save the shows anymore. and with the constant random ass people on the tuesday show every week.. wtf? like who are these random people lmao. kevin is the worst, typical im better than you boomer 🤮. john is good at least hes funny. no idea how someone so bubbly and nice could put up with someone like kevin. ew. im 24 and dont wanna listen to boomers witch and moan, sorry not sorry kevin. kathys alright, i have a soft spot for her because i also love figment lol. what someone said about fiasco reminding them of gabe from the office had me DYING of laughter because of how accurate that is. he has a punchable face hes just awful. i miss 2016-2019 dis unplugged and ill continue to rewatch the old episodes without kevin lol. ok rant done bye

This ^ is why I won't watch them anymore.

Years ago I used to look forward to their dailys, particularly if Pete or Jenny were the host. That music tone at the front would just put me in a good mood for the day.

Now it's all whining, complaining, air head, better than you type crap. They're a mess.

Pete's done this to himself by cranking through employees. He somehow managed to keep ahold of Craig (I also like him, but not as much as I used to) but that's probably because Craig is one of those rare people who sticks with their company through thick and thin. (speaking as one, it will burn us eventually... craig should be looking at options.)

This ^ is why I won't watch them anymore.

Years ago I used to look forward to their dailys, particularly if Pete or Jenny were the host. That music tone at the front would just put me in a good mood for the day.

Now it's all whining, complaining, air head, better than you type crap. They're a mess.

Pete's done this to himself by cranking through employees. He somehow managed to keep ahold of Craig (I also like him, but not as much as I used to) but that's probably because Craig is one of those rare people who sticks with their company through thick and thin. (speaking as one, it will burn us eventually... craig should be looking at options.)
also, its 2021 why does anyone need a travel agent anyways? im very capable of booking my own disney or universal trip without giving some 60 year old god knows how much money to do it for me lol. the constant dreams plugs and pete wearing the shirts every show comes off as so desperate for me. theres a literal pandemic going on rn and the last thing on my mind as a gen z person is buying a dvc property or going on disney cruise line. we can barely even afford to live on our own let alone survive lmao..

Did anyone watch their most recent DCL show about rotational dining? Did anyone else think it was kind of weird that they did that topic when they already covered rotational dining in a previous video? It didn't sound like they covered anything new, either.

As a side note, does the average guest on a Disney cruise really care if strangers show up to the main dinning room in shorts and a tshirt? When I'm on vacation, I'm generally so focused on my own vacation to notice what anyone else is wearing. But I've never been on a Disney cruise so maybe it's different.

also, its 2021 why does anyone need a travel agent anyways? im very capable of booking my own disney or universal trip without giving some 60 year old god knows how much money to do it for me lol. the constant dreams plugs and pete wearing the shirts every show comes off as so desperate for me. theres a literal pandemic going on rn and the last thing on my mind as a gen z person is buying a dvc property or going on disney cruise line. we can barely even afford to live on our own let alone survive lmao..
Just to be clear, generally Travel Agents don’t cost the guest any extra money, the agency will make their money by claiming commission from Disney/universal for booking the holiday.

However, there is an argument that because travel agents will upsell etc. You may spend more money on your holiday going through them - but you don’t generally directly pay them for their services

Reactions: 2
Just to be clear, generally Travel Agents don’t cost the guest any extra money, the agency will make their money by claiming commission from Disney/universal for booking the holiday.

However, there is an argument that because travel agents will upsell etc. You may spend more money on your holiday going through them - but you don’t generally directly pay them for their services
I've heard this and wondered exactly how much of a commission these TAs are getting off Disney, Universal and the likes. They even offer booking with the discount codes when they come out, and occasionally have some TA specific ones.

At one point I looked into changing fields and becoming a TA, but it seemed everyone and their sister was going into it and the pay might not be very lucrative. As one of those people who took her kids to Disney 1/2/3 times per year and always knew the ins and outs, I know more about Disney than most TAs which is what made me think it'd be fairly easy to convert the knowledge into helping others.

They're making far more than $10 per family, that's for sure. Just look at how hard Pete keeps pushing Dreams Unlimited Travel. It has to be a gold mine.

I've heard this and wondered exactly how much of a commission these TAs are getting off Disney, Universal and the likes. They even offer booking with the discount codes when they come out, and occasionally have some TA specific ones.

At one point I looked into changing fields and becoming a TA, but it seemed everyone and their sister was going into it and the pay might not be very lucrative. As one of those people who took her kids to Disney 1/2/3 times per year and always knew the ins and outs, I know more about Disney than most TAs which is what made me think it'd be fairly easy to convert the knowledge into helping others.

They're making far more than $10 per family, that's for sure. Just look at how hard Pete keeps pushing Dreams Unlimited Travel. It has to be a gold mine.
They most likely make a killing off the Adventures by Disney trips.

It irks me how much Kevin pushes them, as if the normal person can afford a 10k 4 day trip.

Disney pays 10% commission. If you are a TA working for a host agency you will typically get 50-80% of that 10% and the host get’s the rest.

Reactions: 3
Disney pays 10% commission. If you are a TA working for a host agency you will typically get 50-80% of that 10% and the host get’s the rest.
Wow. So for the average TA employed by DUT (LOL, we have to use this acrynom more, it reminds me of his Derp faces) A simple $3500 Disney trip yields a commission of about $350 to DUT, from which they receive about $175, give or take while the business pockets the other half. Well geesh... yeah it's going to pay well to own the company and have a team of people doing the booking for you. As part-owner Pete does nothing but promote it and get discount bookings though the company.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.