The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Disney pays 10% commission. If you are a TA working for a host agency you will typically get 50-80% of that 10% and the host get’s the rest.
I was a TA with a host agency. Yes, Disney pays 10%, the split was 70/30. TA got 30%.

Reactions: 1
Wow. So for the average TA employed by DUT (LOL, we have to use this acrynom more, it reminds me of his Derp faces) A simple $3500 Disney trip yields a commission of about $350 to DUT, from which they receive about $175, give or take while the business pockets the other half. Well geesh... yeah it's going to pay well to own the company and have a team of people doing the booking for you. As part-owner Pete does nothing but promote it and get discount bookings though the company.
the host actually does more than that, they also provide the backend systems to do bookings, they carry insurance, they make sure training is provided, maintain industry credentials, hold group space, make sure everybody is trained, provide sales leads, provide back up, etc. It is often more lucrative for a TA to work in a host agency than on their own. I made 90% commissions with my host agency.

Reactions: 2
the host actually does more than that, they also provide the backend systems to do bookings, they carry insurance, they make sure training is provided, maintain industry credentials, hold group space, make sure everybody is trained, provide sales leads, provide back up, etc. It is often more lucrative for a TA to work in a host agency than on their own. I made 90% commissions with my host agency.
LOL, I forgot about the systems... the engineers tend to make out the best. I used to code these for some TAs years back. They'd complain bitterly when that $5k bill came in for 2 weeks of my time developing and tweaking it to their reporting needs, vendors and suppliers. (and then they'd asume my services were free every time their sources changed formats, LOL... that's the real reason I don't do that work anymore. To much fighting over the billing.)

Way too little money to be on call anytime your client has a problem and sit on hold with Disney for hours.

I can’t remember the DUT agent’s name who lived in Canada and was on the show occasionally, but she described the job and it seemed like a lot of headache if Disney released cruise dates, free dining or some other discount.

Way too little money to be on call anytime your client has a problem and sit on hold with Disney for hours.

I can’t remember the DUT agent’s name who lived in Canada and was on the show occasionally, but she described the job and it seemed like a lot of headache if Disney released cruise dates, free dining or some other discount.
I never booked Disney for this very reason. I mostly booked cruises which paid 16% commissions and require a lot less hand-holding.

I confess that I'm tempted to book a Disney vacation with a TA. Yes, I'm perfectly capable of booking a vacation myself, but if for some reason the Disney parks shut down again, I really don't want to sit on the phone with Disney for hours to get things sorted out. But damn, reading some of these comments really makes me feel even more sorry for DUT's TAs.

Tracy, perhaps?

I confess that I'm tempted to book a Disney vacation with a TA. Yes, I'm perfectly capable of booking a vacation myself, but if for some reason the Disney parks shut down again, I really don't want to sit on the phone with Disney for hours to get things sorted out. But damn, reading some of these comments really makes me feel even more sorry for DUT's TAs.

Tracy, perhaps?
Tracy Heinrich. I used DUT twice, years ago, and it seemed like its luck of the draw who you get as an agent. And all communication is done by email. Never talked to anyone by phone.

Tracy Heinrich. I used DUT twice, years ago, and it seemed like its luck of the draw who you get as an agent. And all communication is done by email. Never talked to anyone by phone.
That sounds like crummy customer service. I love email, but talking to a person can be nice.

Wait, did they not even offer you a phone number to call if you wanted to?

That sounds like crummy customer service. I love email, but talking to a person can be nice.
Wait, did they not even offer you a phone number to call if you wanted to?
It was at least 7 or 8 years ago so it might have changed. Not sure if they changed but I know for a fact that I NEVER talked to a live person and was turned down when I requested the agent I used before. (One trip was WDW and the other was a Royal Caribbean cruise.) No complaints other than that.

My parents booked one of the villas John and Kevin own a couple of years ago and were asked to fax the signed paperwork! Luckily they had a crappy old fax machine but were baffled they weren't able to scan and email!

My parents booked one of the villas John and Kevin own a couple of years ago and were asked to fax the signed paperwork! Luckily they had a crappy old fax machine but were baffled they weren't able to scan and email!
Until Covid this was still very much the case in the States. Some documents you even had to courier over in hard copy as they wouldn't even accept fax let alone email! Covid seems to have loosened up some of these requirements though, at work we can now email some documents over which is progress! The US always seems behind the curve with technology though, just look at how slow they've been to adopt chip and PIN and contactless compared to the UK.

Until Covid this was still very much the case in the States. Some documents you even had to courier over in hard copy as they wouldn't even accept fax let alone email! Covid seems to have loosened up some of these requirements though, at work we can now email some documents over which is progress! The US always seems behind the curve with technology though, just look at how slow they've been to adopt chip and PIN and contactless compared to the UK.
Oh wow, I had no idea it was so old fashioned! Kind of crazy when you think how many of the big tech companies are American!

Oh wow, I had no idea it was so old fashioned! Kind of crazy when you think how many of the big tech companies are American!
Absolutely! They do get there eventually but they are generally slow adopters. Mind you, don't forget that the NHS still runs on fax. That just blows my mind because email is, in my opinion, so much easier but there you go ...

Just decided to take a moment to watch the latest DisUnplugged. (Jan 4th episode)

I cannot get past the 6 minute mark. Pete is an utter moron. He's so gun-ho to promote his travel agency and keep people cruising that he's telling everyone listening that the cruise industry is safe, and in particular the Disney cruises are safe.

The CDC at the moment has asked people to re-think their plans, because it's well known that cruise ships can become floating petri dishes.

Pete is sitting there with a chest cold, not asking himself how he managed to catch it if he's so careful. He needs to pop out of that Disney bubble mindset for a minute and breath the air. If he wants to take the risk for himself and cruise, that's fine. He absolutely should not promoting the idea that others will be safe "because it's Disney." Omnicron doesn't care if you've had Covid before. It doesn't even care if you've been vaccinated. More than 40% of the new hospitalizations are fully vaccinated individuals. It certainly will not stop at the gangway and say "Wow, I can't board the ship, this is a Disney cruise."

"But it's Disney!" I've seen what they've done" "They're safe!"
This dude is a walking dead man with that attitude... and he'll bring it home to his elderly mom.

-----------
Adding on a few minutes into the vlog... Pete talks as though he's talking to himself in the mirror and not holding a discussion with others.

He's working hard to validate his own callous attitude toward cruising. 8 minutes in he's finally saying others cancelling their cruises are not wrong... but he immediately goes into bragging about going on 5 cruises this year and upgrading his state room.

People are legit worried. They're cancelling because the CDC has asked them to. Pete has no clue that families are really hurting out there.
He's an ass to rub in that it's his damn cruise" and screw anyone who is playing it safe.

BTW - he looks like hell. Something going on with him gulping hard all the time too.

Last edited:
Just decided to take a moment to watch the latest DisUnplugged. (Jan 4th episode)

I cannot get past the 6 minute mark. Pete is an utter moron. He's so gun-ho to promote his travel agency and keep people cruising that he's telling everyone listening that the cruise industry is safe, and in particular the Disney cruises are safe.

The CDC at the moment has asked people to re-think their plans, because it's well known that cruise ships can become floating petri dishes.

Pete is sitting there with a chest cold, not asking himself how he managed to catch it if he's so careful. He needs to pop out of that Disney bubble mindset for a minute and breath the air. If he wants to take the risk for himself and cruise, that's fine. He absolutely should not promoting the idea that others will be safe "because it's Disney." Omnicron doesn't care if you've had Covid before. It doesn't even care if you've been vaccinated. More than 40% of the new hospitalizations are fully vaccinated individuals. It certainly will not stop at the gangway and say "Wow, I can't board the ship, this is a Disney cruise."

"But it's Disney!" I've seen what they've done" "They're safe!"
This dude is a walking dead man with that attitude... and he'll bring it home to his elderly mom.

-----------
Adding on a few minutes into the vlog... Pete talks as though he's talking to himself in the mirror and not holding a discussion with others.

He's working hard to validate his own callous attitude toward cruising. 8 minutes in he's finally saying others cancelling their cruises are not wrong... but he immediately goes into bragging about going on 5 cruises this year and upgrading his state room.

People are legit worried. They're cancelling because the CDC has asked them to. Pete has no clue that families are really hurting out there.
He's an ass to rub in that it's his damn cruise" and screw anyone who is playing it safe.

BTW - he looks like hell. Something going on with him gulping hard all the time too.
ummm cruising is actually quite safe. Much safer than going to a theme park, restaurant, movies, shopping, school, work, etc. especially in Orlando.

ummm cruising is actually quite safe. Much safer than going to a theme park, restaurant, movies, shopping, school, work, etc. especially in Orlando.
Let's agree to disagree so this doesn't get into an argument over covid and cruising.

My point is Pete is all about Pete, he comes within a micrometer of saying so. He's done with this virus, and the way he talks it sounds like he's also done with listening to anyone other than himself.

Let's agree to disagree so this doesn't get into an argument over covid and cruising.

My point is Pete is all about Pete, he comes within a micrometer of saying so. He's done with this virus, and the way he talks it sounds like he's also done with listening to anyone other than himself.
pete has always been about Pete that’s what makes him Pete. He is a character but he actually provides good info and entertainment. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
pete has always been about Pete that’s what makes him Pete. He is a character but he actually provides good info and entertainment. 🤷🏻‍♀️
This. Pete has certainly never pretended to be something he's not.

I have to say the latest DCL dining review (Enchanted Garden I think?) with Drake was TERRIBLE. Drake just doesn't belong doing restaurant reviews until he can expand beyond "the seafood tastes like seafood."

Reactions: 3
This. Pete has certainly never pretended to be something he's not.

I have to say the latest DCL dining review (Enchanted Garden I think?) with Drake was TERRIBLE. Drake just doesn't belong doing restaurant reviews until he can expand beyond "the seafood tastes like seafood."
Drake just gives me Douche-Bro Vibes 110% of the time.

He's a more attractive version of Sean with regards to ability to talk and describe things.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.