The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I enjoy Pete, John, and Kevin’s banter amongst themselves. There’s a lot of history there and they all get each other and can dish and take it plus you’ll notice a level of respect Pete gives to them both.
I enjoyed the dining review segments much better back when John and Kevin did them. Unlike the regulars on the Disney Dining vids now, they actually seem like people who have eaten at a variety of fine restaurants outside of Disney over the course of their life and while they would clearly state some food preferences, they wouldn't go to a place like Jiko and then dog it because they only like chicken nuggets and "hate spice". Fiasco seems like a nice guy, but it's like having an 11 year old give me feedback on why he prefers Casey's Corner to Tiffins. It's absurd.

Reactions: 8
Fiasco and his wife’s pallets are too constrained to give a fair shake for reviews. I think the crew is so well known on property I always wonder especially at sit down establishments if they are not getting preferential treatment and service due to their popular reach.

Reactions: 3
Did y’all hear that fiasco is in the hospital? Had a collapsed lung and one surgery. Another one has to be done. No mention of covid from the Dis but he’s young so I’m thinking it probably is unless he was in an accident. Also Craig has been dealing with some sickness issues for weeks now. And Pete didn’t feel well enough to do the show today.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Did y’all hear that fiasco is in the hospital? Had a collapsed lung and one surgery. Another one has to be done. No mention of covid from the Dis but he’s young so I’m thinking it probably is unless he was in an accident. Also Craig has been dealing with some sickness issues for weeks now. And Pete didn’t feel well enough to do the show today.
Oh geez. I really hope they're all better soon.

So has anyone heard any news about what they’re planning for the DCL Fan YouTube channel? They were doing regular shows for a while, but stopped, citing COVID. Ok, fair enough - I’m not sure what you’d talk about with DCL not running either. But I’ve been kinda hoping they’d revive it with the start of the Magic in the UK and the Dream out of PC. I know Pete chose to cancel his cruise on the Dream, which is fine - I‘m not sure I’d want to be on a cruise right now either. But that’s the thing - I kinda want more information about what cruising is like right now before I make any decisions. And I know that while Pete didn’t go, Elaine DID. And I would love to hear about her experience. Perhaps they could do a show discussing things you may want to know if you’re planning on cruising in the near future, address the new rule about people over 12 needing to be vaccinated (and how that does or doesn’t conflict with what the Florida gov wants to do), etc.

Yes, I realize that there are other bloggers who‘ve covered cruising. Yes, I may complain about the Dis crew. But I still find them much more tolerable than some of the other Florida based bloggers who’ve cruised lately (*COUGHMichaelKayCOUGH*).

I‘m sure you all are tired of hearing me talk about this. Sorry.

I read on fiascos Facebook or Instagram that he had covid a few weeks ago but had recovered - it’s gone now.

I read on fiascos Facebook or Instagram that he had covid a few weeks ago but had recovered - it’s gone now.
so,I would imagine many of the group have had covid. There have been several absences over the past few weeks.

Here's a good one for Pete to rant about: The Boo Bash After hours event was rainy and cold last night.
(So what's new, it's Florida? These events are a gamble.)

It is reported that a large number of attendees lined up at Guest services for refunds on the night AFTER being there all night. So many that still today they're receiving calls from people demanding refunds.

My opinion: suck it up! You knew rain was a possibility. For those who asked within the first 1.5 hours for a refund and then they left immediately, okay. But for all those who want their cake and eat it too. NO.

Disney is reportedly offering these people one day passes as compensation for their bad event. C'mon Dis team... I need a good pete rage right now. :)

Here's a good one for Pete to rant about: The Boo Bash After hours event was rainy and cold last night.
(So what's new, it's Florida? These events are a gamble.)

It is reported that a large number of attendees lined up at Guest services for refunds on the night AFTER being there all night. So many that still today they're receiving calls from people demanding refunds.

My opinion: suck it up! You knew rain was a possibility. For those who asked within the first 1.5 hours for a refund and then they left immediately, okay. But for all those who want their cake and eat it too. NO.

Disney is reportedly offering these people one day passes as compensation for their bad event. C'mon Dis team... I need a good pete rage right now. :)
Okay, I need to take back what I wrote here. Seems Disney was not on the ball last night and in addition to all the outdoor attractions being down, many of the indoor rides were offline too and the lines for food were out of control as none was to be had for a long time.

Sounds like a mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Hasn't Pete said he wouldn't let people into his house to record shows unless they'd been vaccinated?
That's tricky. In the state of florida, I believe he cannot deny his employees the ability to work even if unvaccinated (possible exception to medical workers) ... but... it is his home and he has a right to deny entry to anyone he doesn't want being there. I'd think he would have to allow them to remote in for their shows.

Yeah, I thought one of the reasons they were doing remote shows was because of the whole vaccination thing? Or am I totally missing something?

(As a side note, don’t most of the crew of roles with the Dis in addition to appearing on the shows? You’d think that if nothing else, Pete could give them work to do remotely if he wasn’t comfortable being in close proximity)

At least a few of them must have covid right now and I know, they don’t have to talk about their personal lives but I’m dying of curiosity to find out who. :unsure:

There has to be some COVID spreading. also does Pete ever hire any Black people? Has there ever been someone on the show who doesn’t identify as white or white adjacent?

The only time I recall seeing a Black person on any of their shows was when the guy who played Aaron Burr on the Hamilton tour made a guest appearance a couple of times. But I don’t know if that counts, since he (as far as I know) was never employed by Pete.

Did anyone else notice Pete’s hypocrisy lately? He spends all of last year/this year saying ,”you need to understand 2019 isn’t coming back. The 2019 experience is done.”
Only to then come back from his Disneyland trip and say, “well I was mad because Disneyland wasn’t like what I experienced in 2019.”

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Did anyone else notice Pete’s hypocrisy lately? He spends all of last year/this year saying ,”you need to understand 2019 isn’t coming back. The 2019 experience is done.”
Only to then come back from his Disneyland trip and say, “well I was mad because Disneyland wasn’t like what I experienced in 2019.”
where can I see this?

Reactions: 1
I mean, you’re not wrong.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.