The Dis Unplugged #2 What a Fiasco!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You are absolutely welcome! 😉 Yes, Tom Bricker was my first Disney planning guide guru! He is unbiased and straightforward! Another source that I use for planning is TouringPlans!
Just another vote for Tom's Disney Tourist Blog site. Super intelligent analysis of all things Disney. He also seems to take great care in NOT turning into the typical vlogger personality hype train. If you like to read your Disney news with thoughtful analysis that's the place to do it.

Reactions: 2
The last time I saw a Disunplugged that was worth a damn was probably back when Dustin West was around and everyone still cared. Craig seems over all of it and phoning it in, Rhyno witches nonstop, Charles was uncomfortable but at least eloquent, JenniLynn was sincere but got the hell out of there when she recognized how bad things were. The Disneyland team vanished off the face of the earth. Deni was halfway decent and at least sincere. But the way too many faces rotate in and out of their Pete Chamber and no one brings anything that matters, I haven't watched in a long time.

Reactions: 5
TheDis Unplugged (and their entire family of products) is not nearly informative enough to also be devoid of humor or real personality.

And now they have Pay to play. My guess is that anything exciting, happens on Patreon these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Its totally funny, how in almost every episode they complain about disney monetizing one service or another that used to be "free" yet they are doing the exact same thing by trying to monetize, behind their patreon paywall, some probably not so secret information that the public already knows.

Reactions: 3
Today had Panda hosting and Erica in second chair. What a mess it was. Sad.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I just watched it, there is an hour of my time i cant get back. Drab, boring, and of course Rhinosaurus always whining or complaining. This show has gone to tit for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It was a 😴 episode for sure. Panda's whispering on the mic. Cathy complaining about everything, Teresa not knowing where she is or what's going on, Ryno talking too much and then this chick complaining about the costumes used in the Beauty and the Beast show while she's sitting there with 2 buns on her head looking like Groucho Marx in warpaint.
Screenshot_20220712-135409-416.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Well goodbye, Moving to Orlando. According to Disboards, Pete announced he was selling his half to Sean.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Well goodbye, Moving to Orlando. According to Disboards, Pete announced he was selling his half to Sean.
Good move on Pete's part. He's a couple months late on the real estate game, but better sooner than later to dump the business and cash out. Poor Sean won't be able to run that company without Pete's business support. Sean is also building or recently bought an $800,000+ home. Now he's buying out his partner's half of the business right as the real estate market is cracking. The guy is going to have problems financing that fast lifestyle he's built up the past 2 years without the business "structure" Pete provided. Pete is a very hot/cold person like Henry VIII. One moment you're in his high graces, the next he's done with you. Even though Sean was the one going out and showing properties, Pete supported the foundation of the business by pulling in adjacent customers from his existing businesses. Now Sean has no studio to record YouTube videos to drive interest. The subscribers will fall off from the existing channel as content is stagnating. And where will new customers come from without Pete driving them there? Terrible news for Sean. I can't believe he's buying Pete out. I get if you don't like dealing with Pete, but maintaining this business is going to be tough for Sean. I doubt it makes it given the economic environment ahead and real estate screeching to a halt.

I thought Sean snaked Pete by basically falling into a business partnership by mixing business with pleasure after floundering as an unimpressive travel agent, and then dumping Pete. Now Pete gets the last laugh as he leaves Sean high and dry to manage a real estate business with a team of agents who are the absolute worst in showing homes. If real estate agents are trying to get a sale on every home showing, these guys are the complete opposite. They show houses and tell you what they don't like about it. Not in a helpful way, either (like pointing out serious issues that could deter a sale), but in a personal preference fashion. They literally turn buyers off to the process by pointing out minor cosmetic dislikes at every turn. Just what I want when I'm being shown a home---negativity chirping in my ear over minor details as I'm trying to assess the $400k purchase.

Recession proofing himself i see haha!
Yep, Sean is forking over hundreds of thousands to buy a real estate business, I imagine, right as he built/is building an $800,000+ home, right as the housing market is cracking and on the verge of collapse.

The guy is 2 years removed from being an unimpressive travel agent. He's got no experience running a business as Pete did this for him. Sean is going to realize it's a lot more than just showing houses and collecting the bulk of the commission. Pete is getting the last laugh. Taking a fat paycheck on the way out for the buyout, leaving Sean high and dry to "figure it out." Where's the new business going to come from? Sean has no studio to record content. The YouTube channel has stagnated with content, meaning subscribers will fall off. Pete drove business to Moving to Orlando. That goes away now.

Sean will be closing up shop and forced to sell his McMansion in the next 12-18 months, re-applying to be a chicken nugget quick service food reviewer for Pete before the next presidential election.

Last edited:
You'd like to believe that's how Pete operates, making decisions based on good business, but its not. Your Henry XIII analogy is spot on. He probably had a falling out with Sean or Rubin or Drake or any combination thereof, and now will erase him/them from history like North Korea does. He will sell his half of the business, not to get out while the getting is good, but to effectively cancel whoever slighted him. That's my guess anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I was wondering what happened to new Moving to Orlando videos. I guess there isn't much news other than "Interst rates whet up again. We are fucked."

• Haha
Reactions: 3
You'd like to believe that's how Pete operates, making decisions based on good business, but its not. Your Henry XIII analogy is spot on. He probably had a falling out with Sean or Rubin or Drake or any combination thereof, and now will erase him/them from history like North Korea does. He will sell his half of the business, not to get out while the getting is good, but to effectively cancel whoever slighted him. That's my guess anyway.
To be fair, he hasn't really been into that business all year. I don't think he's hosted a show in forever and it shows. Just watch the Chapek vs. DeSantis Part 2 episode. A lot of rambling, mixing news stories and inaccurate information. At one point, Sean says that Disney is moving its corporate headquarters to Lake Nona, which is not true and no-one on the panel even corrected him. Pete would have noticed the inaccuracy.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out because it's so heavily promoted on all the other channels and shares staff between them—Panda and the Kreigers.

They also recently changed brokers to eXp Realty. Their previous brokerage was owned and run by the wife of World of DVC's President. Then you have Sean getting married, sounds like a good opportunity to cut ties.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.