Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ProfessorFate

VIP Member
Definitely makes one wonder what an audit might reveal.

More evidence that John was not in fact entirely separate from the operations of the DIS. I had hoped that Pete was the sole source of all the dysfunction and issues but clearly that hasn't proven to be true.
Those 3 (Pete, John, Kevin) have been skimming and fleecing DUT for years, of that I'm positive. Pete's just the one that got caught through his other "activities".

• Heart
Reactions: 14

xoxo552

Word of the family history has reached the DIS boards. Has its own thread and everything in the DIS Unlimited forum. Currently 6 or 7 replies. Doesn't spell it out ... points people over here. Wonder how long that will last.

• Wow
I simply meant that I heard the story first hand about the father. Other than that, I’m not exactly sure what’s being referenced.

S. McQueen Light

According to Social Blade, Dreams Unlimited received 226k views down 13% in the last 30 days. Their Patreon is down. This is not a sustainable enterprise as it is structured. It never seemed to make financial sense to me, but now it is just worse.

if I had to guess John is going to sell the whole thing at some point, and now he is just trying to make it look viable to whatever chump will buy it and the agency.

TheNextStacey

Chatty Member
Off topic a little, but just wondering if anyone else follows "Here with the Ears"? Just saw that the husband got banned/trespassed from Disney in October for unauthorized tour guide services on property for commercial purposes. I read that Disney was cracking down on that activity, but had no idea that channel was involved.

Is Brayden from Mickey Views the only decent person out there? Sweet Baby Walt, please protect Brayden.

• Wow

C-Diddy Dawg

Just wanted to chime in and say I appreciate @imjenilynn for sharing her story. I followed the DIS since the beginning and enjoyed the podcast at first. However, the show was also missing the perspective of parents with kids. Sure, you had Julie, but she wasn't really a Disney park fan. It was a breath of fresh air to have Jenilynn on the show, especially coming from a the perspective of a full-time single dad like myself.

• Heart

Ghost of Bob Varley

John and Kevin put their heads in the sand and pretend they don't see the world around them. They are happy in their little bubble surrounded by their friends and people that praise them. This is probably why they like cruising so much.

They will tell you how open minded and welcoming they are but their actions do not support that kind of talk.

They are all that is rotten with that company. Pete was just the inevitable outcome over John's greed and putting profits over people.
Money and power are intoxicating drugs. John and Kevin got very comfortable to the lifestyle that Pete was providing for them. Look at how many times people have posted that they used Dreams Unlimited not because they got great service, but because they wanted to support the show in some way. It was Pete driving alot of the traffic to the travel agency. "Sure I can stand up to Pete, but that's going to be hard and also I really love LV bags."

The Panda story JL told is a good example. Panda knew what a mess of a situation the DIS was, but the DIS had money and "disney influence" and a travel agency behind it and Panda ultimately thought it would be good for his brand (and likely his wallet) just to deal with it. It doesn't mean Panda is responsible for anything Pete allegedly did as a person or as a boss, but it does make you realize that there aren't too many heroes in this story.

Craig has such a bright future that he is being weighed down by this awful company and a beautiful family. Ryno has…nothing? He is qualified to definitely man a merchandise cart in universal Orlando.
He has a burgeoning career as a writer! I hear he is working on something big!

• Haha

Rufuscat

Even if John didn't know about the sexual abuse he was definitely enabling an utterly toxic boss & looked the other way when staff were being emotionally abused. For that alone he is a hell of a shit. And now its business as usual with him, he smugly sits in on the show like before adding nothing & allowing his Louis Vuitton loving husband to bore us all to death with his bragging. John will have to pay the price somehow, I have a feeling there are revelations to come, probably financial, that will be his undoing.

Reactions: 13

The Mando

Hey Sean, welcome back how was your first Thanksgiving as a married couple? I think we could all be grateful and thankful this year that you help Dustin come forward and take down that hideous man, allowing people to be free of his control abuse and manipulation so in this board we are super thankful for you.
I actually got married in 2021 at the courthouse (taxes) so it was my second year but it was about the same. Neither of our families live near us so we go to the parks for all major holidays. Yesterday was in the high 60s so it was really nice.

Rufuscat

Before Pete left the live show would get around 40-50k views a week. They are now getting around 20k views a week.

Everything is saying this is not working, yet they are sticking to the format. I really don't get it. Make a real change or move on to something else. DisUnlimited is is only.making all your resumes look worse.
The last show I watched a few weeks ago had all the upbeat spirit of a mandatory Zoom call with bored employees who had done absolutely no prep. It mirrored them so perfectly that when the host asked 'how is everyone!' there were shrugs & silence followed by a 'yep'. Who wants to watch that?

MichaelsAchilles

The reality is most of the usual posters on that board don't want to be bothered with the truth or anything that changes their view of Dreams Unlimited Travel. They want to be sheltered by big poppa John from all that "bad" stuff.

In their naive minds John said all that needed to be said and Pete is no longer a pulbic face of the company so it has been taken care of. Nevermind the fact that it is obvious that John's management of the company allowed multiple indiscretions to fester for decades so he could reap the rewards. Those are details they don't want to hear and pretend don't exist because this board is full of "meanies".

• Heart

MichaelsAchilles

I just don't understand why they are investing so much into the Podcast space. Even at its most popular, the podcast never approached the numbers of other Disney YouTube channels. I can't believe the download numbers offset that number THAT much.

I get that they are not using the Podcast to create YouTube revenue, but drive customers to Dreams Unlimited Travel, but the market that appeals to is aging quickly. The number of milennials the Podcast format appeals to would be very small.

They need to innovate PAST the podcast, not do the same podcast they have been doing for the past 15 years. I thought that is what this rebrand was about, not just finding some new studio space to push out the same boring content.

Thunderbirdtoo

Chatty Member
And... it's gone. Deleted from DIS boards.
Of course it is. There's a saying in therapy and recovery - we're only as sick as our secrets. They can say that this is the toxic site all they want, but we're not the ones burying our heads in the sand and trying to pretend the bad things didn't happen. Have another pretzel, John. 🙄

• Heart

PoorKid

VIP Member
Maybe to reflect the amount of effort and creativity the DIS staff have put into rebuilding their channel, we should just call thread #11 the exact same name as #10.

• Haha

WDWUO83

VIP Member
Sadly, I couldn’t make it more than 20 minutes into the new episode either. It was exactly like these leadership meetings I had to be in over Zoom during the pandemic. No one wants to be there, the person leading the meeting is trying to force people to share, there’s always that person talking over someone else. It’s obvious they do NO planning for the show, and apparently no one even likes each other anymore 😂 Ya’ll, I wanted this to work out. Really. It’s just not. It’s painful to watch.

Last edited: