Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PoorKid

VIP Member
Corey and John absolutely knew what they were dealing with in Pete, but refused to take action. To me that makes BOTH of them just as guilty. My opinion of Corey has completely reversed. He sympathized with you but refused to stand up for what was right and I am sure this wasn't the only time.
Might be a good idea for Corey to stop telling viewers "I'm just happy to be here."

Reactions: 16

Emmapism

VIP Member
The one thing I've learnt about Tattle is however open and honest you are, somebody will always pop up with something to say. Even sometimes about the most innocuous of things.

(Not saying we shouldn't discuss doxxing generally, it's an important convo to have)

Don't take too much of that on JL, this place has always been a bit like that. Aside from the one or two threads that are like little havens 😊

Cinnamon1

Oh maybe she wasn’t paid as much as you’d think and not saying she hasn’t heard her money, but I meant it more that she wasn’t some ‘friends or family’ discount. She has a set rate and is paid her rate.

Keep in mind, Mary from Publix is a friend of the Dis as much as President Josh as much as the actual Little Mermaid. The criteria is extremely broad.
Sean, thank you for sharing the story of Mary from Publix, this has to be my favorite story of 2023! Just seeing you mention it again made me laugh just as much as the first time!

• Haha

xoxo552

If John isn't putting money behind the channel to get more content for it from a Disneyland trip, then John either has no money or no fucks to give.
I don't think we can curse in thread titles but DU #11 No Money and No Fucks To Give, would be hysterical.

• Haha

TheNextStacey

Chatty Member
Oliver has been mentioned here many times, and it seems he was sorely missed. Count me in on that.

I don't know if he ever reads here or anyone can relay the message, but he was a bright spot at The Dis and his channel with @imjenilynn was so much fun. They had great chemistry and I truly felt as if I was included with them on the vlogs. Great balance of information, tips, and fun.

I hope he's well, happy, and thriving!!!

MichaelsAchilles

To me, this releavtion about Pete's father doesn't really change my opinion one way or another to what took place over the last 10-15 years. All it does is fill in a piece of the puzzle for why he may have acted this way. It doesn't change make me sympathize with him or make me feel worse about him.

I may be alone in this and don't want to minimize what was clearly sexual assualt from two first-hand witnesses, but what really sets me off was that others stood back and let Pete have his way of things becuase it was "too hard" to fight him on everything. The tipping point for me was hearing JL talk about being basically framed for stealing and everyone knew it wasn't true, but didn't do anything to stop it. They just sat back and tried to write a check and make that person go away. John had a chance to make things right as a partner but chose to do nothing. This is the reason I feel John was absolutely complicit in everything that happened. I 100% feel John Magi is an equal villian in this as he could have done something, but would rather let Pete have his way then treat others with respect and dignity. Until he comes out and gives his side of it (which I know he never will), to me he is the worst type of person in that company.

I am sure an arm-chair psychologist would argue Pete's actions were inevitatble due to his upbringing while I reject that argument, John also knew who Pete was from first hand experiences and chose to go on ABD trips and shopping excursions instead of stopping this when the first warning sign came up. These are not isolated incidents, it seems the revolving door of employees all have their own story to tell. THAT IS NOT NORMAL.

TheNextStacey

Chatty Member
Does anyone know how to generate a referral code here to get in a new member? I should be at the right level, but I'm not sure how it works. I've been in touch with one of the Dis alumni and they are ready to tell their story here.

• Wow
  • Heart

ProfessorFate

VIP Member
Kathy, of the Disboards, was also particularly vicious to Jackie...
Moderator Kathy has a special place in the hearts of many on the DIS Boards and over here, albeit with comments couched in significantly more colorful language and descriptors than "vicious".

• Haha
Reactions: 15

ProfessorFate

VIP Member
And I’m learning that some people will talk out of both ends of their mouth by simultaneously accusing me of both. It’s quite a tap dance I am being asked to perform. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Nobody is a trained monkey here. You do and say what you want. People can ask questions and be doubtful as they see fit, or they can simply drive through. Regardless, you do you.

• Heart

PoorKid

VIP Member
Before Pete left the live show would get around 40-50k views a week. They are now getting around 20k views a week.

Everything is saying this is not working, yet they are sticking to the format. I really don't get it. Make a real change or move on to something else. DisUnlimited is is only.making all your resumes look worse.
Imagine trying to explain to a job interviewer how your Disney-based channel lost 30K viewers after the rapey host/boss was ousted.

• Haha
Have you answered it or are you taking advantage of the fact that your cheerleaders either haven’t figured it out yet or want to back anything you say to be anti-Pete.

hugely unpopular opinion here I know but I am having a really hard time placing you in the “victim” category along with Dustin and Sean based simply on working in a toxic environment.

how your “work trauma” has risen to such a high level when in reality you accepted a payment, which you knew was incorrect, kept that payment rather than checking the validity of the overpayment, got found out, got fired, and jumped on the victim bandwagon.

in what work world does somebody NOT get fired for that? Then acting like you got fired so Pete could hire a love interest, like he wouldn’t just hire whoever he wanted to hire regardless of who was in what position.

Now throwing all kinds of other SA stories real or otherwise, for what? How many extensions are you going to take on your 15 minutes of fame?
I see you now. 😉 I’ll sit back now and let you take your 15. The floor is yours.
---
Well I thank you JL for the thoughtful reply. And I do want to be gentle in light of the impact to you as well. I think I see where you and I may be disagreeing on the connection of the two events. I don’t see a connection between proving a story you heard while employed is any more or less likely to be true by proving a story about Pete’s father with public documents. The latter has lead us to revealing details about past alleged victims from long ago.

I don’t think Pete honoring his parents, (even if they were terrible humans as it appears), necessarily proves anything one way or the other about Pete or his personality. Parent relationships are deeply complicated.

To step away from real lives to a made up example, let’s say Jane provides end of life care for her parents, perhaps an alcoholic and abusive father. She may arrange for military honors at his funeral. She may publicly give a eulogy. It’s not wrong or right, it’s just what Jane has decided to do. It doesn’t mean Jane will ever be her parents or that she is narcissistic for honoring them.

I know a woman whose abusive father disappeared when she was a very small child. She had no contact for 30 plus years. He reached out as his health was failing a few years ago to make amends before his death. It would have been valid for her to either reject or accept his offer. She accepted, while her sibling ultimately decided to reject it and continued to have no contact. They were both valid in their decision. She mourned him after his death with tributes but I don’t fault her, I recognize her feelings about it are complicated.

All this to say, I don’t fault Pete for caring for his elderly mother regardless of whatever person she was. While a lot has been revealed about Pete that is disturbing, caring and honoring an elderly parent to me is something we see in many situations. I agree a site dedication to his father is gross. But I am not sure how much it moves the needle for me on what I already thought about Pete. His father is not an excuse or explanation to me. I do not have sympathy for Pete but I don’t think less of Pete either. It’s more horribleness but reflects the actions of a different person.

The parents you get are the biggest crap shoot of this life. It’s not fair, it just is what it is.

If the point is to share or illuminate Pete’s own personality issues, ego or behavior or treatment of others, there has to be a more direct route than a story about his parents’ actions.

This route exposes the trauma of others from very long ago who have chosen not to participate here. While there is public records, the alleged abuser has been dead for a VERY long time and they went through the court process and jail time long before that. It would seem they should be able to assume their story is long buried unless they chose to bring it up. It’s wild some see it as a free for all forever and forever because it was printed in a newspaper decades ago. So forever and forever people on a platform not yet even conceived, could bring up Dustin was a victim? I mean I guess yes that is true. But man, how crappy for victims when you have longed moved on.

The direct experiences about Pete and his actions from current and former staff hold FAR more weight to me than if his parents were terrible humans.

Thank you for your candidness and showing ip here. I do appreciate you being here while some take the luxury of continuing to be silent.

This conversation is very complicated and I do recognize it’s difficult when the stories are all over meshed together.
Please know that I am taking this all in and learning from it. Thank you for sharing. It is a good lesson for me to learn. I am being sincere about that. 🥰

• Heart

Ghost of Bob Varley

As scummy as Pete is, when he left he took the Dis with him. It’s over.
What's amazing is that in the last 4 months, Craig and the "team" have shown us that somehow Pete was the "creative" one among them and that he was the one that "worked" or at least got them to work.

For all the big talk from Ryno, Craig and Corey about creativity and "big things", all they have managed to do is continue to do what Pete did, except less often and worse.

Embarrassing.

MickeyMo

Craig: Then we send out Erica with a 21-gun salute. Or however we get rid of people on this show. In the past it was just erase-them-and-never-talk-about-them-again.
Julie: You actually get to say goodbye!

• Haha
  • Heart

LobCheapek

Chatty Member
This just seems like the world's shittiest version of Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First?" routine.

"Which molestation are you talking about?"
"Witches got molested?!?"
"No, I'm asking you which molestation are you referring to?"
"I mean, I've known a lot of witches and I don't want to speculate..."
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way after the past 2 pages. o_O

It's become obvious some are just happily shit stirring and don't actually care about trying to get the facts straight.

Ghost of Bob Varley

Late to the party, but can def confirm Pete told me about his father and the things he did to the adopted/foster kids. I’ve had a history of people in my family do that stuff too and we talked about it but ultimately, I don’t have communication with those people because I of the crime. Pete felt his dad was wrong but ultimately the victim.

I’ll say this as 100% opinion. Pete doesn’t like the adopted siblings because I think he blames them for the dad going to prison. I think he knows he’s wrong to hate them for it and he goes out of his way to give them the most money and opportunities because he despises the victims and hates himself for despising them. Pete’s a complex character to say the least.
This latest information has been "alot", thats for sure.

Pete and his mother aren't guilty for what his father allegedly did. As outsiders the natural reaction to what his father did, is disgust. However, when a parent is an abuser, its not unusual for a child or spouse to have a complicated relationship with the parent. You'll even find that sometimes if a child was abused by a parent, they will still try to have a connection and relationship with that parent. This type of abuse really damages people in a variety ways and often times in ways that do not seem to make any sense.

Pete is wrong for anything he allegedly did, but this latest piece of the puzzle actually makes alot of sense.

DISbored

Chatty Member
I just watched the dining review portion. I can't get past Kevin talking about the server's behavior was an HR issue. Clearly, they don't practice what they preach.
Can you imagine the audacity that a servers innuendo comments made you feel uncomfortable yet you said nothing about your employees being sexually harassed, the fucking nerve of that bitch.

Also, Craig you’re not even trying at this point I watch the Dining review nobody wants to see stationary videos of you guys just blabbering on about food there’s no b roll there’s no music there’s no menu prices there’s no production quality or value at all in your videos what the fuck are they paying you for?

cavamom

VIP Member
Sean, thank you for sharing the story of Mary from Publix, this has to be my favorite story of 2023! Just seeing you mention it again made me laugh just as much as the first time!
I had forgotten about Mary from Publix! I hope she had another nice Thanksgiving hanging out with people other than customers😂

• Haha
When you have posters daring admins to delete the thread and pretend everything’s okay…man.
Word of the family history has reached the DIS boards. Has its own thread and everything in the DIS Unlimited forum. Currently 6 or 7 replies. Doesn't spell it out ... points people over here. Wonder how long that will last.
I suspect it’s only been up this long because the admins aren’t awake yet. They will be gone within a few hours. Again, I’d love to be wrong, but I am probably not. We should know by noon.

• Heart