Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ProfessorFate

VIP Member
You don't understand the difference between commenting on a highly personal illegal situation and talking about the views of a public figure?
I think many people are looking at John's attitude regarding Pete, BEFORE the behavior came to light in the public, not after the lawsuits were filed and the allegations came out. Regardless of how personal the situation may be, or John's (un)willingness to discuss it, people struggle to believe that Kevin and John had no idea that Pete was manipulating and abusing employees (although possibly not the extent). Remember, John was in a personal relationship with Pete at one point, and professionally they were co-owners of Dreams Unlimited, so it beggars belief that John was blissfully unaware and oblivious to Pete's behavior.

Maybe he can't say anything now due to the "highly personal illegal (sic) situation", but he definitely didn't do anything about it before it came to public light.

Reactions: 12

TheNextStacey

Chatty Member
So, I'll kick it off with @imjenilynn.

Can you go way back and tell us how you became involved with The Dis, and what those early days were like? Did you see any red flags or was the environment fun and creative?

Rufuscat

Does anyone know what Pete is up to these days and has that Amex hearing happened yet? I'm sure it was around about now. As he has lost all his power over people and is likely to be persona non grata at the parks I guess he'll go back to New Jersey.

Rufuscat

That is not true.

Here is what is true: I was invited to be in the documentary partially because of my journey as a Mommy Blogger prior to the Dis but mostly because of my connection to Panda (who was sort of at the helm for helping the director pick the cast). I was still pretty new to the Dis (and living in that initial grace period where I was the new toy), but Corey told me I better get the green light from Pete before accepting the invitation. I told Pete that I would make sure the director knew it needed to be in the documentary that I worked for The Dis, and Pete said it was fine. Pete never had a reason to reprimand me because he had given me permission.

Here is what is also true: The guys on the team were required to spend a lot more time with Pete, and he was much less guarded with them. So he would tell them things that he would never say to my face. I say this because one of them did tell me after the documentary was made and released that Pete was furious that the director didn't know who he was and that he hadn't been asked to be in it. But to the best of my knowledge, none of his anger was directed at me at the time.

It's possible that someone changed the story down the line. Pete likes to rewrite history to create versions that appeal to his overdeveloped sense of self. After I left the Dis, it would make sense if Pete told people that he had reprimanded me. That makes me sound subordinate. And it also makes him sound big and powerful. But I don't know if he was the origin of that rumor. What I do know is that this rumor isn't true.
---

Yep! This picture was actually taken in April I think. It was the day that I met John and Kevin. We had lunch at Olivia's. I signed my contract, and we took this picture on the Boardwalk to mark the occasion. And looking back, I can totally see why Pete wanted to give my image a makeover. Lol.
I think you look great in that photo. If anyone needed a makeover it was the other three. I think Kevin has stuck with that hair since he was a teenager.

• Haha
their patreon STILL has pete’s solo show as one of the benefits. how incredibly fucking lazy are they?? wtf do these people do all day?

• Haha
  • Wow

TheNextStacey

Chatty Member
I can’t imagine the ick the folks working in that studio must have had to put up with, even before the whole predatory side of things came out I always felt like that house probably smelt like stale Marlboro lights and BO.
Don't forget the Magic Candle Company's scents trying to cover it all up. YUM. :LOL::ROFLMAO::sick:

• Haha

RescueRanger

Anybody wanna talk real for a second did anybody else with all things considered going on really want Craig and the team to succeed?

Like I really wanted them to push forward and become a massive success in their own thing they have done the most minimal work possible to just get by.

I am disappointed and frankly disgusting with the lack of work personality, or creativity that has gone into producing podcast I guess if one thing that we learn that Pete was a horrible person to work, for these people are terrible at their jobs without proper guidance and direction.

I see people on the disboards, saying what a great job this last episode was what the fuck are they watching???
I am so DISappointed. I really liked the team (sorry Erica I just don’t jive with what you’re putting out there). I was heart broken when everything came out and elated the team could move on without Pete. I really wanted them to succeed. I understood taking a minute to digest what happened and regroup but thought it was taking way too long. It’s like someone gave them their freedom back and they just threw it in the trash. How are they not working their asses off putting out tons of content to see what sticks???

If they were going to do virtual shows why wait months to do it? I just don’t feel like anyone cares anymore. It’s hard to watch.

Ghost of Bob Varley

I'm guessing the "tune in tomorrow" post from Corey will mean they announce they have a studio space. In a different reply, he said the following (bolding is mine) and I'm wondering what the DVC Show's unfortunate circumstances were that prevented their filming at Pete's house even earlier? Regardless, I don't think the difference is that they've had more time on Zoom. :rolleyes: And, sadly, I don't think a studio is going to fix the DIS' issues.

We welcome feedback. The team has never faced more criticism and attacks, especially since Pete left. Many expect us to pack our bags and shut the entire operation down. However, we are stronger than that and still struggle with a fallout you can't imagine. We acknowledge that the show is currently out of its element. A virtual show was not our first choice, but if we had continued to broadcast from Pete's house, what would the reaction have been? It's easy for outsiders to suggest finding a rent-a-studio as if we haven’t tried. Craig has done a phenomenal job within the limitations he faced. We are not the DVC show. It originated under our umbrella and transitioned to a virtual format much earlier due to their unfortunate circumstances, preventing them from recording at Pete's house. It’s not a flip of a switch. I wish it were. Stay tuned.

But wait, Craig said for weeks that the Studio move was planned because they needed to find space closer to John and Kevin. Even after all the allegations against Pete came out, Craig was still insisting this was true.

I'd be curious about all the "rent a studios" they have been trying to find. Their entire format was built on the idea of just sitting around a table and discussing Disney. They could have filmed it in someone's living room with some good backlighting and it would have been lightyears better than what they have been putting out.

Cinnamon1

I’m not sure if anyone else has brought this up. But it’s obvious now Pete’s neighbor was intentionally mowing the lawn on Tuesdays around 2pm right?
Also adding, Pete lived in a residential suburban neighborhood. It would have been so annoying to live next to someone running a business out of their house not zoned for extra parking for workers.

PoorKid

VIP Member
I assume Hannah is a local. They need to bring in non-locals. Living there makes you forget what it's like to have to plan/save/prioritize for these trips.

Rufuscat

Somewhere John posted (after it was highlighted here, I think) that they'd 'inadvertently' let their BBB certification lapse, had taken the logo off their website while they reapplied or whatever, and are now recertified. I'm sure he had Kevin and some of their besties post reviews alongside their reapplication.
On other sites they have wildly varying ratings. Their own Facebook page has a great 4.5/5 rating but on closer inspection the majority of the recent reviews are spam - Forex/Crypto & someone who makes Spells! I wonder why John doesn't remove those recommended 'reviews'..

These are typical real Facebook reviews for Dreams from the last couple of years:

"The owner John Magi had the nerve to email me and berated me and go so far as to lie about his employee Chris who yelled at me then lied about it to John! Really? How pathetic are you that you would lied to cover your incompetence and then try to ruin my family’s vacation? No morals and no integrity! Let’s all hope this dumpster fire goes belly up and out of business soon!"

"Easy process to get a quote. However, to make changes was extremely difficult. Assigned agent was not responsive. Three full days after emailing I called the number only to find out that person who answers the phone could do nothing but ping the agent by email. I could’ve made the changes I wanted for my vacation in less than 20 minutes, instead, I’m waiting for 3 days and counting."

"DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY! WOW! We have been trying to book a vacation since June 7 and we can’t even get anyone to return our phone calls or emails! Two of their agents in particular Marla and Chris were incredibly rude and unprofessional! What ever happened to good customer service?"

How on earth do they make money?

• Wow
  • Angry

exdisfan

You go JL!

Karma is one hell of a concept considering where both you and Pete respectively are now.

• Heart

JaqAndGus

Go read the article Jackie “wrote” about the Free Dining offer and the Disney Parks Blog post. She literally just adjusted a few words here and there and copied and pasted. Now the wording is just choppy and the format is weird. She even left in the weird capitalization of “DOLE whip.” Although Dole whips are amazing and may justify the extra emphasis.

The laziness at the Dis is just rampant.

It also seems like…(now hear me out this is really crazy)…. like the article should say something about how they are like…a Disney travel agency?

They lost another bunch of Patreons in January and they don’t deserve their fandom. A three week holiday vacation, come on… seriously what do you all do all day?