Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

invisobelt

Eh, who gives a shit about this one, though? If he got burned by a source he trusted, then it’s something he can learn from. What is he, early 20s? He’s not like the New York Times where it’s a life a death thing. Let the kid make mistakes and, like any report that you can’t see the sourcing for, take it all with a grain of salt. If he’s otherwise been good with things except for this, then take it as an outlier.

Reactions: 12
I think they were all (other than John and Kevin) both a bit victim and enabler.
As one of these people who is still trying to wrap her head around her time there, I think there is a lot to support this view of yours.

I tried to post the link to a video I came across in a Narcissistic Abuse Survivor group on Facebook, but I guess Tattle doesn’t support that. Instead, I’ll just type the information here because while it is simplified to create hit and run content, it was still helpful in explaining how both the abused and the abuser feed the toxicity of trauma bonding and why.

Again, I’m not excusing any behavior or poor life choices. My stand remains that we need to take responsibility for the choices we made that enabled this monster, but I do appreciate the explanation of the how the players in this story can fit into more than one category at the same time. It’s a toxic, co-dependent relationship in which both sides feel they have to prop up its existence.

6 CHARACTERISTICS OF TRAUMA BONDING
1. Intermittent Reinforcement: The abuser may alternate between moments of kindness or affection and episodes of abuse or mistreatment. This inconsistency can create confusion and attachment to the abuser during moments of apparent affection.

2. Isolation: The abuser may isolate the victim from family and friends, making the abuser the primary source of emotional support and connection.

3. Survival Instinct: The victim may bond with the abuser as a survival mechanism. In some cases, this helps the victim cope with the abuse, as they believe maintaining the bond is necessary for their safety or well-being.

4. Guilt and Shame: Victims of trauma bonding often experience feelings of guilt and shame, which can further reinforce the connection to the abuser.

5. Dependency: Victims may become emotionally dependent on the abuser for validation and self-esteem, believing they are unworthy or incapable of finding better treatment elsewhere.

6. Fear of Abandonment: The victim may fear the consequences of leaving the abuser, such as retaliation or abandonment, which can discourage them from breaking the bond.

Don’t know if this helps shed some light for others, but I hope it does.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

RescueRanger

Jenilynn I’m so glad you felt comfortable coming here to tell us more of your story. I don’t doubt there are many others who may never choose to share their story but perhaps find it helpful to know others went through the same thing too.

What’s really unfortunate is how many wonderfully talented people worked for the DIS at sometime or another. I hate that this man is such a horrible human being because imagine how wonderful The DIS could have been without him.

Reactions: 11

Genielife

Ryno and Craig have always been at their best, in my opinion, when they’re in the parks doing Universal content. I’d love to see them just do their own thing as a duo

There isn’t a current employee that can anchor the panel discussion format, especially when it’s always virtual.

Why do they need a full studio to meet in person? Honestly, sitting in someone’s living room with mics would be more appealing than the very May 2020 Zoom format.

I didn’t find the Dis until 2019 when I was planning our March 2020 WDW trip. The MOST helpful shows were the Best and Worst and the resort stays/tours. They really need to bring that stuff back if they want to appeal to people other than local pass holders.
Totally agree, and broadening out to do Universal hotel and offsite hotel content would be helpful too.

They need to stop trying to cling on to the old audience and start establishing a new one, focus on those trip planning.

MichaelsAchilles

I think the fact they did not put any of their Disneyland trip on the DisUnlimited Youtube channel shows that they are treated like employees by John. By that, I mean they do not have any sense of ownership of the channel. I can't imagine anyone with an invested stake in the health of their Disney-based channel would not cover an event in Disneyland that they attended.

I get the mentality when you feel like an employee and paid for for something yourself, why would they "cover this". I would probably do the same. However, successful YouTube creators really need to feel like they own their content and their channel. When they don't feel like they own it and are just employees, the channel does not feel real and will never grow creatively beacuse, why would it?

It is obvious John sees the channel as having one purpose - selling Dreams Unlimited packages. That type of focus will mean the channel is never anything more then a fanclub for the agency. I guess that is OK for John, but I would think Craig and Ryno could probably do more. If they want to really show off what they can do, they need a sense of ownership of their content, not to be the PR department Dreams Unlimited Travel.

DISbored

Chatty Member
Anybody wanna talk real for a second did anybody else with all things considered going on really want Craig and the team to succeed?

Like I really wanted them to push forward and become a massive success in their own thing they have done the most minimal work possible to just get by.

I am disappointed and frankly disgusting with the lack of work personality, or creativity that has gone into producing podcast I guess if one thing that we learn that Pete was a horrible person to work, for these people are terrible at their jobs without proper guidance and direction.

I see people on the disboards, saying what a great job this last episode was what the fuck are they watching???

Damn girl, you are an inspiration. Congrats on your achievements. I hope that sharing your story has been cathartic for you and feels supportive to the others who have spoken up. I'm not typically a believer in karma, but can't help but notice that you, Sean, Dustin, Shaun, Oliver, and others have moved on to great things, both professionally and personally. I hope Pete and John are suffering some consequences here, even if it isn't anywhere near what they deserve.

I agree that we all play a part in this, even those of us who don't know any of these people but were casual viewers who certainly noticed how horribly Pete treats people, yet still tuned in, posted on Disboards etc. I'm glad Tattle exists so we can learn the truth and do our part (no matter how small) to no longer support anything to do with Pete and John.

Craig, Ryno, Erica, Panda, Corey, others.... your turn.

• Heart

HaphazardSE

Guys it's been a while since I've been heavily involved in this thread (the DIS people bore the shit out of me anymore), but I had a question and thought you all would be able to give me some honest answers...

I met this lovely woman at Publix who was working at the Aprons counter and thought I HAVE to invite her over for Christmas. What do you all think?
Is her name Mary, by any chance?

• Haha

Funfouryou

Congratulations on the degree, anyone furthering their education in any way is to be applauded. That doesn’t excuse the fact that the Dis product has been lackluster and no effort for quite a long time. Everything seems pulled out of thier ass at the last moment as the saying goes. Only the delusional Stan’s believe that they are putting in so much work. The product shows otherwise.

MrsA1234

Chatty Member
Fair play to Craig, studying with a young baby is hard. Hopefully this signals a way out of the DIS

Murray9000

VIP Member
No one over there cares, either. Webmaster Jackie diligently makes a post every week about the podcast, trying to start a conversation about it. 4 out of the last 5 posts have had zero replies. The one that did get a few comments (3, to be exact) was the episode where they said goodbye to Erica. Only 2 of the comments were saying goodbye to Erica. The 3rd asked a question about another topic, which no one (not even Jackie) answered. It's time to give up on the podcast and focus their attention (and time, and money) on other things.
Like updating resumes and preparing for depositions.

• Haha
  • Wow

RescueRanger

To see the exterior of the house on Zillow after so many years of watching/listening to the show was definitely an eye opener. A perfectly normal house, but to listen to him, you'd think he was managing an estate.
Yes!! The first time I saw his house I thought…that’s it?

• Haha

Genielife

I thought someone mentioned that DU went after a few agents using their non-compete contracts. My guess is that but it is only a guess.
I looked at the records and this was the jist of it.

Quite extensive records and these agents were ballsy, one of the complaints was them hosting a private party on a Podcast cruise to poach clients for their new business 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Quick follow up…who was on the team when you joined, at the awkward restaurant meeting?
I clearly remember Teresa, Kathy, Craig, Shaun, and Dustin because I was nervous about making a good impression on the people I hadn’t met yet. I don’t think John and Kevin were there. I think I met them separately on the day I signed my contract. And Corey was the one who had originally contacted me and coached me prior to my interview with Pete, so I don’t remember him or Julie being there either. And that was the team. Ryno, Jackie, and Oliver were hired after me.

MichaelsAchilles

This needs to be said again. No one is forced to stay in a jog they don't like. If they choose to, either because they can't be bothered to look for a new one or they managed to make themselves so unemployable they have not options, that is their choice.

These people may not have known about the specific abuse that was done to Sean and Dustin but they all tacitly supported the kind of person Pete was. I am losing sympathy for them with their unwillingness to tell "their side" of the story after all this time.
At this point I believe they have been told to not say anything. John is all about "controlling the narrative". It is an old-school business mentality that is fitting of the old-school company he runs.

The Mando

@The Mando - thanks for the detail. Not doubting you at all and data doesn't lie ... but Eric says in today's WDWNT podcast: "I run a real estate team called 'Magical Moves' and we've been operating for about ~5-6 years now ... and we really specialize in helping people that love Disney and love the parks move to Orlando..." Seems like this could get interesting in terms of his relationship with WDWNT ... they don't strike me as particularly lenient or tolerant of nonsense (nor should they be).
I checked my Florida license website (which hosts all people in Florida with a real estate license) and Thomas or Tom Corless is not a name on it, so he doesn’t have a license and real estate commissions can’t go to a business, on an LLC in the full name of the realtor (so Sean Faulk LLC etc) so if Tom or his company isn’t license and their deal is commission based, then he could the receiver of the money can get up to 5 years in prison.

assuming he’s aware of this, they must be paying a monthly advertising fee that cannot be based on volume brought in because that’s also a violation. So, it has to be a flat rate monthly regardless of sales volume. But, pulling his record it shows 3 sales for sure.

Magicalmoves.com used to be his website but now nothing comes up, so he didn’t renew the license I’m assuming and he also had a YouTube channel by the same name that I searched and now can’t find. Also, I typed Eric gross real estate in YouTube and found nothing as well. So those were clearly pulled. The Magical Moves group on YouTube is listed as a group on Facebook (when I logged out and searched it - it doesn’t come up when I search under my account so I assume I’m blocked) but it shows no posts in the last week. If anyone is in that group and here they would have more insight than I would.
---
And his ‘team’ couldn’t have started prior to March 11 2020 for sure

• Wow