The Dis Unplugged #9 Tigger King

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You're right. It's a difficult situation. One answer could be to back out and start your own business. That would have been easier than this. There still would have been speculation, but only at Pete. Obviously the stakes are high, but people have accomplished more with less. I mean, what is life about if not just being a decent person first. Nobody in good conscience would want to be tied to someone like that, emotionally or financially.
I get your point, I do! But as I've said before - easier said than done.
And starting your own business is certainly not easy, nor is everyone cut out to do it.

I still wager that most people just shrugged him off as "Pete being Pete" (and obvs were not aware of how much further he took tit).

And, as some of you know, I speak from the perspective of someone who was continually sexually harassed by a former boss of a state-run facility as an early 20-something vulnerable college-aged girl.

I had to stay in the job bc I needed the money coupled with the dynamics of how I got hired (as a recommendation from a professor who taught many of my degree-specific courses who was friends w/ my boss and wasn't anything like him and clueless about how he really was)... AND all of the ladies I worked with just shrugged off my boss as "Mark just being Mark" not realizing the full extent of what he'd do or say to me. (I was able to get out of it bc I graduated and moved to Orlando)

In short, none of this is ever easy, or has a simple hindsight fix.

Reactions: 13
Carrying over from my post on the last thread, I can’t imagine coping with the stress Corey has on his plate right now. I hope his daughter makes a fast recovery!!!

Reactions: 20
I’m not saying this because Yankees guy doesn’t believe me, but he’s really stupid.

Does he think juries get to choose what trials go to court? He said a jury would throw my case out. Like they are going to be presented the case and just be like, ‘nah throw this one out!’

I hope he’s not a breeder.
---
He also quoted his own post to come back and say that - as if it was a response to someone else lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Carrying on from the last thread......honestly what a foul person. No understanding of SA or what people go through. Could easily be a sock account. If not, I fear for everyone in that person's life.

Reactions: 12
I get your point, I do! But as I've said before - easier said than done.
And starting your own business is certainly not easy, nor is everyone cut out to do it.

I still wager that most people just shrugged him off as "Pete being Pete" (and obvs were not aware of how much further he took tit).

And, as some of you know, I speak from the perspective of someone who was continually sexually harassed by a former boss of a state-run facility as an early 20-something vulnerable college-aged girl.

I had to stay in the job bc I needed the money coupled with the dynamics of how I got hired (as a recommendation from a professor who taught many of my degree-specific courses who was friends w/ my boss and wasn't anything like him and clueless about how he really was)... AND all of the ladies I worked with just shrugged off my boss as "Mark just being Mark" not realizing the full extent of what he'd do or say to me. (I was able to get out of it bc I graduated and moved to Orlando)

In short, none of this is ever easy, or has a simple hindsight fix.
The emotional damage done by abusers runs for a lifetime, there is no way to wash it away, only methods to deal with the pain when it rises up.
From the way you talk I believe you've found strength and a way of interpreting the past. At least I hope you have.

Pete does not deserve to keep a folder of people he's harmed without any repercussions... and everyone agrees, but it takes TIME and healing for the victims to be able to step up, if they ever do.

Part of the abuse is a control factor laid down to make the victim feel as though they're in the wrong and undeserving. In many ways it is much harder to break through that than it is to realize one has been abused. As viewers we saw Pete exerting this with his insults and name calling on air. That was just the tip of the iceberg of what happened when the camera is off.

Look at @Mando above. Clearly he is a victim, but the tone he took saying he's lose a court case indicates he thinks he did something wrong, that he's not worthy of justice. :( (The agreement with Pete was interesting but not a pass to abuse. Judges are smart and would see this.)

Due to the emotional impact and the amount of time it takes a victim to step up and acknowledge wrong was done and it wasn't their own fault,
a 7 year statute of limitations on accusing abusers makes no sense. I realize the time limit is there to protect against loss of memory and evidence, but when it comes to abuse that crap is hard to forget or get wrong.

Last edited:
Me and my friends have something called ‘the ick’ and it’s when people do very slight things that are very off putting but not outright offensive or anything. Like for me, I hate when people say ‘just joshing’ I get the ick - it’s not wrong, I’m just incredibly offput.

I gave myself the ick today about myself lol.

When you sign on to work at Disney they ask if you go by a nickname and I said ‘yes I do. Pete’ because I just thought it would be fun to go by a different, random name at work and have like a work persona. So I was Pete when I worked at Disney. I forgot about that until I was reminded today.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think John knew way more than anyone else thinks. Kevin would need to care about someone other than himself so I’m sure he was clueless.

Reactions: 11
Craig posted this very interesting update on the DIS. I’m actually optimistic to see what kind of content they come up when they’re out from under PW’s thumb.
IMG_4337.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Craig posted this very interesting update on the DIS. I’m actually optimistic to see what kind of content they come up when they’re out from under PW’s thumb.
View attachment 2373546
This is 100% accurate. I used to tell Pete that the audience didn’t like me because XYZ and that I should work on these things but he always said ‘you okay to and audience of 1’

• Sad
Reactions: 21
"Most of the discussion in this thread has been centered around the "Tuesday Show" and that will be our biggest focus beyond the rebranding of the DIS Unplugged. I don't expect whatever the 'Tuesday Show" becomes to be back up and running for a couple of months if it even remains necessary at this point"

Wait so they are going to focus the most on reworking the Tuesday Show and also the Tuesday Show may not be necessary anymore??? Huh

They need to really start working together on who is going to release statements and what's actually in those statements.

I 100% believe them when they say that Pete stifled creativity. At the same point they are "rebranding" by doing the same dinning reviews, the same Universal Show and bringing back a show from the Pete Werner Era. Why not just announce the return of DisPop!

Also there is no timeline for anything. Lol.

When you sign on to work at Disney they ask if you go by a nickname and I said ‘yes I do. Pete’ because I just thought it would be fun to go by a different, random name at work and have like a work persona. So I was Pete when I worked at Disney. I forgot about that until I was reminded today.
Talk about a precursor of things to come by randomly picking that name! Did you unceremoniously burn the name tag to cleanse your home?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
How can you have a timeline when everything is such a mess. Day to day. That’s all they can do.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
:coffee:
View attachment 2373546
I'm glad to hear Craig is calling this a rebrand. Yes, it will take time, I give them about a year to allow the pieces to shuffle into place.
I hope they allow the employees to feel control over their work.

So are they going to retool and rebrand across the board while pervert Pete sits in the background collecting checks and carrying on his disgusting behaviors? I'm sure they'll still talk ad nauseam about how great DUT is and to support them as they pay for the show also putting money in Pete's pocket.

I'll never go back to supporting anything related to The Dis/Dis Unplugged but they need to put out a statement with specifics about Pete's ownership/association with The Dis and DUT. Anything short of complete financial and public separation from Pete is a win for him

• Heart
Yeah I won't be supporting the DIS if Pete is involved in any way shape or form. But if he is truly bought out and fucks off and the team is allowed to make the content they want? I'd consider resubscribing

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.