The Depression Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get paid a lot for the stress i endure. An agency wouldnt come close and i have bills to pay... uhhh
Really? that's surprising as there's agencies for all professions and very high level jobs now. What about applying for anything that will cover the bills etc just to get out then?

Really? that's surprising as there's agencies for all professions and very high level jobs now. What about applying for anything that will cover the bills etc just to get out then?
Im applying for loads but so are many others it seems. Just gotta keep trying. Money is a huge trigger for me so i know cutting my cloth too much will probably be as bad if not worse than just staying for now

Reactions: 2
i haven’t felt this low in a very long time. i have no idea what to do anymore if i’m honest. i’m so sick of pulling myself out of deep depression states just to fall back into them. is it even worth it anymore

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
i haven’t felt this low in a very long time. i have no idea what to do anymore if i’m honest. i’m so sick of pulling myself out of deep depression states just to fall back into them. is it even worth it anymore
Yes! It’s worth it. Depression stinks and it’s so easy to say hang in there when you are feeling so low. But I tried to take my life last year. I was mad as hell when I didn’t succeed - but I’m here and things are better. Don’t give up, really hang in there, it will get better ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There is a free service I had never come across before that may help people. You text 'SHOUT' to 85258 and it is a 24 hour text line where trained MH professionals will text back when you are struggling and don't know where to turn day or night. They won't call. And you can take it from there. Or not. It is ideal for people, like myself, who hate using the phone.
I have not used it as am OK at the moment so have no first hand experience of it. But I thought it sounded a very useful addition to other services.

• Heart
Yes! It’s worth it. Depression stinks and it’s so easy to say hang in there when you are feeling so low. But I tried to take my life last year. I was mad as hell when I didn’t succeed - but I’m here and things are better. Don’t give up, really hang in there, it will get better ❤
I am so very glad you are here. You are a great friend to a lot of us on this website. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone suffer from "after work brain"? It's not that my work is excessively demanding nowadays. I'm not working long hours, I'm out of the office at 5pm. I usually have free time at work. It shouldn't have this effect on me. But all my mental and physical energy is spent on functioning in the office that by the time I leave, I am totally fried. I feel so weak and incompetent, not because I am doing a bad job at work but because I have no energy to do the things I enjoy after work. I come home and by the time I shower, eat, put away my stuff and do a couple of chores, it's almost 7. And then I spend the rest of my evening staring at a screen because I can't focus on my book, words won't come to me so I can't write, I can't do embroidery, can't exercise, I can't even hold a conversation with anyone over the phone or in person. And it's pushing me towards comfort eating, since I can't do anything that actually entertains me, the only mood boost I tend to get is from a mouthful of junk, which I don't even really enjoy. I don't want to be this way, it's almost too cliché but I can't find my way around it. I can force myself to not give into this once or twice but on the third day, even that effort is draining my batteries.

Anyone has found a solution to this? How do you find your way around a day job/family responsibilities/house work with bad mental health and still make sure your own time actually means something to you? Not in terms of productivity, but in terms of doing something that makes you happy?

• Heart
  • Sad
Does anyone suffer from "after work brain"? It's not that my work is excessively demanding nowadays. I'm not working long hours, I'm out of the office at 5pm. I usually have free time at work. It shouldn't have this effect on me. But all my mental and physical energy is spent on functioning in the office that by the time I leave, I am totally fried. I feel so weak and incompetent, not because I am doing a bad job at work but because I have no energy to do the things I enjoy after work. I come home and by the time I shower, eat, put away my stuff and do a couple of chores, it's almost 7. And then I spend the rest of my evening staring at a screen because I can't focus on my book, words won't come to me so I can't write, I can't do embroidery, can't exercise, I can't even hold a conversation with anyone over the phone or in person. And it's pushing me towards comfort eating, since I can't do anything that actually entertains me, the only mood boost I tend to get is from a mouthful of junk, which I don't even really enjoy. I don't want to be this way, it's almost too cliché but I can't find my way around it. I can force myself to not give into this once or twice but on the third day, even that effort is draining my batteries.

Anyone has found a solution to this? How do you find your way around a day job/family responsibilities/house work with bad mental health and still make sure your own time actually means something to you? Not in terms of productivity, but in terms of doing something that makes you happy?
Im exactly the same and i dont have a solution i am afraid. Work leaves me so exhausted mentally i struggle to do the most basic tasks. This morning my washing basket is full and i know im going to have to force myself to sort that out. The house is mess, dont get me started on my garden

This is why i went on antidepressants because i just kept finding myself lying in bed miserable. I cant say it's improved much yet though. I just need a new job or a lottery win haha

• Heart
  • Sad
the thing is that i tried to take my own life a couple of years back and instead of looking back and being happy it didn’t work i’m still wishing it did. i bleeping hate depression.

i have absolutely no friends (when i say that i mean none) so it’s so easy for me to slip back into depression. i just feel so alone and as if no one would miss me if i was gone, because theres no one in my life that would even realise. how are you meant to be happy when you know not a single person in this world wants to be your friend 😂

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
the thing is that i tried to take my own life a couple of years back and instead of looking back and being happy it didn’t work i’m still wishing it did. i bleeping hate depression.

i have absolutely no friends (when i say that i mean none) so it’s so easy for me to slip back into depression. i just feel so alone and as if no one would miss me if i was gone, because theres no one in my life that would even realise. how are you meant to be happy when you know not a single person in this world wants to be your friend 😂
We do! As idiotic as this sounds find some threads on Tattle and join in. Some threads feel like communities. Strange I know but I feel like I know some members. See you over on the What Have You Done Today and Quedtions and Answers 💕

• Heart
Cross posting from the vent thread. I’d really appreciate some kind support. My brain is messing with me and I hate it at the moment.
I think my depression and anxiety are trying to take over my life again. I recently got into a very nice relationship with someone without forcing things. I am excited. I should be excited. Despite being very introverted, my boyfriend is very lovely. However, despite us having discussed about our different styles of socialization, I’m still feeling pretty scared and insecure in myself that I am overbearing and that he might get annoyed with me or he wouldn’t like me.
We confirmed already that he’s awful at planning and expressing emotions verbally (possibly due to a medical disorder, he’s not diagnosed but he’s pretty sure. His best friend thinks so, too), and he told me he prefers me making plans and taking the reins because he’s awful at both of those things. He’s very loving in person and text, and I can see it more in his physical behaviours like touch and doing things for me (cooking, always picking me up from my place, putting in effort once I told him what our date would be - e.g. if I say we are doing a picnic, he’d pick up the food and drinks. I just have to set a time and place).
However, because I’ve had pretty crappy relationships before, I am just super scared and anxious that he doesn’t express things verbally much at all. On one hand, I don’t want to force things because that’s not fair to his disorder. But then, not hearing words of affirmation is also hard on my disorder and disabilities. I’ve only heard him say he likes me once in the two months that we’ve been with each other. I tell him I like him quite often like every other week or sometimes, more often. I just really don’t know how to be authentically myself which is expressive and affectionate. I am so insecure. I keep involuntarily projecting my past experiences and now I’m really scared I’d be dumped for no rational reason.
Sorry everyone. I am spiralling tonight. Any support would help so much. Thank you. ❤

• Heart

You are me, my oh stopped me twice, that was many years ago, the thought still lingers but meds have helped.
I also have no friends, if my oh wasn't here, I could fall, or even die in my house and no one would know, it's something I've had to live with as being an Introvert and practically a recluse, , being let down by so called friends over the years, would find it difficult to trust again, thank god for my dogs!!!!
This thread is a safe place to write things down, hugs to all who live with this demon, it's tit!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
After thinking I mostly had my depression under control the last few weeks have been so up and down. Highs from enjoying the sunshine then just huge lows and exhaustion. I guess my meds aren’t working for me anymore, I can’t stop my head from having tit thoughts either. duck my brain. Being unhappy and pretending you are fine is super draining too

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I’ve been medication free since last summer. I don’t think that’s going to last much longer. Feeling low at the moment and it’s not going away :(

• Sad
Work is really getting me down atm. Im really snappy, so so fatigued, and just cant concentrate on anything. I do a 9-5 but recently got a promotion but now my colleague is off on long term sick and im having to pick up the slack. Other people in the business are always so rude to me and shout at me, drag me down with words. I dont think people realise how hurtful words can be. I spend all week looking forward to the weekend.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Work is really getting me down atm. Im really snappy, so so fatigued, and just cant concentrate on anything. I do a 9-5 but recently got a promotion but now my colleague is off on long term sick and im having to pick up the slack. Other people in the business are always so rude to me and shout at me, drag me down with words. I dont think people realise how hurtful words can be. I spend all week looking forward to the weekend.
I really understand. I tell people i love the work i do, i hate the people.

Colleagues fail to see people as humans and have empathy. I am possibly TOO empathetic. If someone is stressed I take their word for it, where others try to quantify how much they have on and whether that can be deemed stressful.

I doubt I can say anything to help since im in a similar position and i spend most mondays - fridays trying to book days off, crying or just being desperate for the weekend.

I've had some things go on in my personal life which take up a lot of my spare time and they are doing the whole "concerned manager" approach but really just trying to weigh up my free time to do work things. I said no to a night out and that's turned into an inquisition too.

Im trying my best to set boundaries and I just feel like they are constantly trying to break them down

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.