The Depression Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going through a really tough breakup which made me homeless and there was domestic abuse according to social services. Just struggling a lot missing him.. it’s a long story

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Going through a really tough breakup which made me homeless and there was domestic abuse according to social services. Just struggling a lot missing him.. it’s a long story
I’m really sorry to hear that! You said the breakup left you homeless, do you have a place to live in now? And don’t question it, you did the right thing, not even the strongest feeling of love or being loved justifies domestic abuse. Please be kind to yourself, you’ve been through a lot, you need some time to heal. I second Libbylulu‘s idea of talking to the Samaritans, they can be pretty helpful. Or you can always post here ❤ Sending you virtual hugs!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m really sorry to hear that! You said the breakup left you homeless, do you have a place to live in now? And don’t question it, you did the right thing, not even the strongest feeling of love or being loved justifies domestic abuse. Please be kind to yourself, you’ve been through a lot, you need some time to heal. I second Libbylulu‘s idea of talking to the Samaritans, they can be pretty helpful. Or you can always post here ❤ Sending you virtual hugs!
I’m in homeless accommodation waiting to be housed. I don’t see it as domestic abuse he was my friend for so long and now I’ve lost him as that too I’m just finding it so hard

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’m in homeless accommodation waiting to be housed. I don’t see it as domestic abuse he was my friend for so long and now I’ve lost him as that too I’m just finding it so hard
I’m in no position to tell you what to do, but I think you need some time to be able to get over it and think clearly. I don’t know you or him IRL, I don’t know your story, but I never justify abuse in any form, physical, emotional, etc. I know it’s very difficult right now, but life is not over, it can get better and it will get better! Do you have any understanding friends or relatives you could talk to?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m in no position to tell you what to do, but I think you need some time to be able to get over it and think clearly. I don’t know you or him IRL, I don’t know your story, but I never justify abuse in any form, physical, emotional, etc. I know it’s very difficult right now, but life is not over, it can get better and it will get better! Do you have any understanding friends or relatives you could talk to?
I do, but I feel like they’re sick of hearing about it

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Please only share it with people you trust, I definitely don’t suggest going through it again and posting it here if it makes you sad or uncomfortable 😯

I have to go now but there is always someone around here you can talk to. You are not alone @Chrisxo!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Please only share it with people you trust, I definitely don’t suggest going through it again and posting it here if it makes you sad or uncomfortable 😯

I have to go now but there is always someone around here you can talk to. You are not alone @Chrisxo!
Concurring with this! You’re not alone. We are all here to listen.

I find this website very useful when I need to talk things out. You have to filter through the listeners with good reviews but it’s a free site, offers both one on one and group chats and some listeners listen to you for long term! I’ve been on that site since 2013 or 2014 and it really helped me cope with my chronic depression. Hope things get better for you. ❤

www.7cups.com

It’s such a long story
Im so sorry youre going through this. When i have situations which are hard in the moment i try to talk to myself as if i were my future self talking to current me.
Be kind and gentle with yourself. Praise the small things and encourage everything positive you do.

Its horrible when youre in the storm.

Reactions: 2
I’m struggling at the moment and I’m putting a front on. I’m currently crying my eyes out in bed. I can hear people outside in their gardens having fun and it’s hurting me. I don’t know what to do anymore. I feel like I can’t talk to anyone. Ive had depression since I was 13 and it comes and goes. It’s been really bad this week. I feel lonely and sad. I have a lot of pressure on me through various things and I just want the world the stop.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I’m struggling at the moment and I’m putting a front on. I’m currently crying my eyes out in bed. I can hear people outside in their gardens having fun and it’s hurting me. I don’t know what to do anymore. I feel like I can’t talk to anyone. Ive had depression since I was 13 and it comes and goes. It’s been really bad this week. I feel lonely and sad. I have a lot of pressure on me through various things and I just want the world the stop.
I know exactly how you feel. Never feel like you are alone, you've got us to reach out to any time of the day. Please don't feel alone ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I just feel really lonely today despite being surrounded by friends and family. It looks like the majority of people I’ve known throughout my life just used me and never cared for me as a person. It’s especially sad considering I’m very empathetic and get emotionally attached and invested into other people’s lives quickly. I hate being like that.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I wish I could offer some advice, but all I can say is that I relate so much to your post, and it’s just…. I don’t even have the words. Its harder when you feel like everyone else is having fun, but like @watermelon sugar says, you’re not alone. I hate how depression tricks us into thinking that we’re so alone.

I just feel really lonely today despite being surrounded by friends and family. It looks like the majority of people I’ve known throughout my life just used me and never cared for me as a person. It’s especially sad considering I’m very empathetic and get emotionally attached and invested into other people’s lives quickly. I hate being like that.
@Raymond Luxury-Yacht you sound like such a lovely person, and I hate that because of other people it makes you hate being the way you are. People like you should always be appreciated.

• Heart
Sorry if it’s a really been discussed - but does anyone else get really angry as a depression symptom? Im fine if I take my meds but as soon as I forget, I’m awful. So angry with everyone and everything
yes! i can get snappy with my friends and i always apologise but i hate it. and if something doesn’t happen quickly (like i’m trying to open a box) I get so annoyed.

Love you my girl. I know you’ve got it tough just now, but know you can talk to us anytime. We would never judge you 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.