The Depression Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m struggling at the moment and I’m putting a front on. I’m currently crying my eyes out in bed. I can hear people outside in their gardens having fun and it’s hurting me. I don’t know what to do anymore. I feel like I can’t talk to anyone. Ive had depression since I was 13 and it comes and goes. It’s been really bad this week. I feel lonely and sad. I have a lot of pressure on me through various things and I just want the world the stop.
Don’t feel alone @under the ivy, whilst we may be virtually connected so many here care and are here for you. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have been so depressed since last weekend. I have been having bad dreams or oversleeping. I haven’t been productive. I miss my ex. And I feel fat.

• Sad
  • Heart
I have been so depressed since last weekend. I have been having bad dreams or oversleeping. I haven’t been productive. I miss my ex. And I feel fat.
So sorry you feel like this @isabellalovescats
Hoping things get better and you get more sleep. Life is even tougher when you’re not sleeping properly, it throws everything out.
Your ex wasn’t good enough for you no matter what you think now!!!! You are a beautiful soul that gives so much support, laughs and advice on these forums. His loss!!! Things will turn around xxxx 🫂💕

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So sorry you feel like this @isabellalovescats
Hoping things get better and you get more sleep. Life is even tougher when you’re not sleeping properly, it throws everything out.
Your ex wasn’t good enough for you no matter what you think now!!!! You are a beautiful soul that gives so much support, laughs and advice on these forums. His loss!!! Things will turn around xxxx 🫂💕
Thank you so much for taking your time to write this @Libbylulu. You are so warm and kind. I’m still struggling with sleep, today is the lack of it (5 am now, not a wink). But your message makes me feel so much better. Thank you. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you for all your kind words of support. It just took over me last night and I’m slowly feeling OK as today goes on x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi,
Sorry to gatecrash. I was hoping to be able to write a thread but for some reason I can’t anymore.
I’m just wanting somewhere to spill my thoughts..

I struggle with anxiety/over thinking & 3 weeks into raiki healing, after a few rounds of CBT & not ever really getting anywhere ! So my raiki I have touched on a few things but not quite deep yet …

my issue at the moment Is I just want to shut off/close down from the world. I would pick up my house/family & moves miles away if I could
I hate the thought that people know me & have opinions of me.
I hate the fact that people don’t like me for various reasons (falling out over the years, I’m 38)
We went to a wedding yesterday & I hardly drank as I wanted to be in control, I came away devastated that the people we where with all still see each other & we haven’t seen any of them in 18m+ ( hubby blames Covid but we could have called/text)
I’ve distanced myself from his family group chat as I can’t stand them knowing things about us.
I’ve stopped posting on social media in case I cause someone to hate me more- but then I have a 2nd wine & post something ie embrace womanly bodies/mental health & I always get a lot of recognition.

I don’t mind new people, I have made new friends recently but I don’t want them to get to know the real me as when they do that may be another falling out.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I suffer with depression have done since I became a mum at 16, I hid it from my then HV because I was scared my child would be taken off me, back in the late 90’s depression wasn’t really spoken about, fast forward to now I’ve been on antidepressants since my early 20’s on & off, I split with my ex husband 7 months ago & I’m back on them again, I’ve also lost 6 stone since we split, my eating habits are getting worse, I can go for days without eating just drinking coffee mainly, then the days I do eat I perhaps have a couple of crackers, but then people tell me how better I look, my kids don’t notice my not eating either, I don’t want my habits rubbing off on them but I’ve got into this strange habit of not eating now, I feel better, I punish myself if I eat, I also don’t sleep, hence the late post on here, I can’t remember the last time I actually slept all night, I know I need help but I don’t want to put weight back on, I was 20st now I’m 14st & I still need to lose another 3-4st to feel good about myself, sorry for rambling on x

• Heart
I suffer with depression have done since I became a mum at 16, I hid it from my then HV because I was scared my child would be taken off me, back in the late 90’s depression wasn’t really spoken about, fast forward to now I’ve been on antidepressants since my early 20’s on & off, I split with my ex husband 7 months ago & I’m back on them again, I’ve also lost 6 stone since we split, my eating habits are getting worse, I can go for days without eating just drinking coffee mainly, then the days I do eat I perhaps have a couple of crackers, but then people tell me how better I look, my kids don’t notice my not eating either, I don’t want my habits rubbing off on them but I’ve got into this strange habit of not eating now, I feel better, I punish myself if I eat, I also don’t sleep, hence the late post on here, I can’t remember the last time I actually slept all night, I know I need help but I don’t want to put weight back on, I was 20st now I’m 14st & I still need to lose another 3-4st to feel good about myself, sorry for rambling on x
oh I’m so sorry you are going through this.
First of all well done for speaking out, it’s not easy to be so brutally honest.

have you always been heavier? Have you tried to lose weight before but yo-yo’d? I ask as I know it can be addictive. It’s addictive when people comment How good you look etc, the feeling of hunger is a control. In regards to weight I would try get some professional help about eating the right amount of cals for your body. Try to slowly increase what you are eating & Become comfortable with that.
You will only gain weight if you go over your TDEE (cal alliance ) x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Struggling today and I feel like a burden on people. I’m doing a PhD and it’s really stressful atm, I’m juggling a lot of tasks and I have a deadline. I’m still WFH and my university aren’t letting people back to use their workspaces yet, so I’m still at home. I have noisy neighbours and it gets really distracting having to listen to their music blaring out, even worse when it’s a heatwave and they’re constantly shouting and laughing in the garden! I feel such a bore for saying that 😩 So I end up not being able to work or fully concentrate, which then triggers my anxiety and then I feel so low for not completing all of my tasks!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Struggling today and I feel like a burden on people. I’m doing a PhD and it’s really stressful atm, I’m juggling a lot of tasks and I have a deadline. I’m still WFH and my university aren’t letting people back to use their workspaces yet, so I’m still at home. I have noisy neighbours and it gets really distracting having to listen to their music blaring out, even worse when it’s a heatwave and they’re constantly shouting and laughing in the garden! I feel such a bore for saying that 😩 So I end up not being able to work or fully concentrate, which then triggers my anxiety and then I feel so low for not completing all of my tasks!
For what it’s worth I think you should give yourself credit for what you are managing to do at the moment. Depression is so exhausting, and anxiety too in it’s own way. The fact that you’re even trying is a huge deal, I don’t mean that in a patronising way, it’s just that people who don’t struggle without mental illness don’t always understand how hard it is to even do basic everyday things.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Been on 50mg of sertraline for a few weeks now. After the side effects i really felt like they were working for a bit. I had some family things happen which i took in my stride and dealt with rationally. My anxiety felt under control but my depression was still lingering.

The reason i agreed to go on them was due to work asking us to go back and my anxiety and depression spiralling. I went in for 1 day and the whole things just put me right back to square 1. My anxiety has me ill. I was holding back tears the entire day.
My jobs pretty stressful and the ppl dont help. Ive been actively looking for a new job but unfortunately that just hasnt happened yet. They just seem to lump pressure on me constantly. I ask for annual leave and its denied. Add into the mix none of them believe in covid and I have vunerable people around me its just a lot to deal with mentally.

Ive had a lot of mental clarity I suppose you would call it recently too. Remembering things which happened as a child which probably explain the way I am.

I had an appointment on monday with my gp to discuss my medication. I am hoping if they increase the dose this will help?

• Heart
You've done amazing losing all that weight and 14 stone is very good really if you've previously been 20. You do need to have a bit more than crackers though. You'll be fainting. Can you go to Slimming World ?there they help you eat healthily and you wont put weight on with that eating plan. You could ask the G.P if theres any help available regarding your eating?

Reactions: 1
Hi,
Sorry to gatecrash. I was hoping to be able to write a thread but for some reason I can’t anymore.
I’m just wanting somewhere to spill my thoughts..

I struggle with anxiety/over thinking & 3 weeks into raiki healing, after a few rounds of CBT & not ever really getting anywhere ! So my raiki I have touched on a few things but not quite deep yet …

my issue at the moment Is I just want to shut off/close down from the world. I would pick up my house/family & moves miles away if I could
I hate the thought that people know me & have opinions of me.
I hate the fact that people don’t like me for various reasons (falling out over the years, I’m 38)
We went to a wedding yesterday & I hardly drank as I wanted to be in control, I came away devastated that the people we where with all still see each other & we haven’t seen any of them in 18m+ ( hubby blames Covid but we could have called/text)
I’ve distanced myself from his family group chat as I can’t stand them knowing things about us.
I’ve stopped posting on social media in case I cause someone to hate me more- but then I have a 2nd wine & post something ie embrace womanly bodies/mental health & I always get a lot of recognition.

I don’t mind new people, I have made new friends recently but I don’t want them to get to know the real me as when they do that may be another falling out.
You’re not gatecrashing! Your post resonates with me a lot. I struggle with a lot of the things you mention. Especially wanting to close off from the world and hating that people know me and have opinions, that some people don’t like me for what ever reason, what also plays on my mind is not knowing whether people like me or not - I just assume the worst. Something in my brain craves approval from others and I hate it, I literally don’t want to care what people think but can’t stop it. I feel really awkward around others because it’s like I just don’t know how to act normal?? Like I’m hyper aware of myself. I also haven’t posted on my socials since the new year because I don’t want people knowing my business and I’m appreciating privacy more as I get older. I just want to sort of exist in my own bubble with non of the pressure of the real world but obviously that won’t happen. Sorry I’m sure this post isn’t of much help to you but you are not alone in how you feel. I have anxiety along with my depression which just fuels all these feelings even more.

• Heart
Hello and big hugs ❤

I’m sick of these mood swings I keep having. My moods are a rollercoaster at the moment - one minute I’m happy and spontaneous then the next I go extremely low and feel lost. I know it’s symptomatic of my BPD but 😞 People think I’m confident and brash (which I am) but it’s a front for my anxiety. I’ve been out most of the morning and constantly felt like people are staring at me thinking I’m ugly. I’m not looking for sympathy at all but I feel like this is a safe space. I don’t really have many people to talk to IRL so I’m sorry if my posts are triggering or repetitive!

• Heart
Dr wont increase my dose yet. Suggested talking therapy but ive done it before and i dont want to bore myself never mind another person telling them how work makes me depressed.

I write down in a book every crappy thing that happens at work so if i get offered another job and doubt taking it, i can refer back to the last 2 years of utter hell.

Someones just gone off on the sick with stress so I am not alone but even moaning here I just feel pathetic. There's people with real problems, i have been one of them myself and now here I am moaning about a job.

It just feels like it hits me sideways every day. It's so hard to pick myself up and get on with it

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve decided to try crystals! I know some might think it’s crazy but my friend went through a bad time recently and is really into them.

i looked up what is good for anxiety/depression and have bought a little pack to see what I think.

• Heart
I've quit my antidepressants/antipsychotics, cold turkey. This is probably not a good thing as ever time I do this I end up sectioned on a psych ward. I am going to try and go back on them but taking medication is something I always find hard. I feel numb. I want to cry but I can't. My emotions are blunted. I'm just exhausted.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve decided to try crystals! I know some might think it’s crazy but my friend went through a bad time recently and is really into them.

i looked up what is good for anxiety/depression and have bought a little pack to see what I think.
I use rose quartz crystals. I sleep with one under my pillow and it helps with anxiety. I mentioned it to my friend, she tried it and says she sleeps wonderfully since. Sounds hocus pocus, but don’t knock it till you try it, as they say.

• Heart
Could you register with an agency and work for them instead? Thats what I wished I'd done when I really hated my job.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.