The Depression Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so sorry that things have been so tough and difficult. I know you say you’re too scared to talk to someone face to face but sometimes finding a good counselor can be a blessing. It took me ages to agree to see someone but when I found the right person it helped me organize my thoughts, voice things out loud, make a plan, even just baby steps to start. Sometimes it’s good to have someone to talk to even if it’s an effort to start. 🫂 xxx
I’m definitely going to try speak out more I think the big thing is the anxiety of people judging me or if it’s wrong for me to feel like this. I know I have to get over things to accomplish goals and have a better life I want new friends and happiness I don’t know where to start but hoping to get there some day I struggle with talking to people my own age because they always seem to have the best life with goals and loads of friends whereas I don’t have no education only gcses I dropped out of college years ago so no chance of uni I am thinking about going back into education maybe I will meet people there but then I’m nervous for other people my age already having friends and me not fitting in. I have big dreams I want to achieve I just don’t know where to start or how to get there if that makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Despite your anxiety and fears you have lots of great ideas and goals. Believe in yourself and you could do anything you wanted for yourself. Baby steps just to get your thoughts in order and before you know it you will be flying.
You mention that you think people are living their best life with lots of friends. People aren’t as confident as you think, many disguise their insecurities by just acting. And loneliness is a major issue for more people than you realize. There’s a Loneliness thread on here and reading this Depression thread shows how little confidence we have. These people you see aren’t nearly as confident or fulfilled. Believe you are every bit as good as anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Despite your anxiety and fears you have lots of great ideas and goals. Believe in yourself and you could do anything you wanted for yourself. Baby steps just to get your thoughts in order and before you know it you will be flying.
You mention that you think people are living their best life with lots of friends. People aren’t as confident as you think, many disguise their insecurities by just acting. And loneliness is a major issue for more people than you realize. There’s a Loneliness thread on here and reading this Depression thread shows how little confidence we have. These people you see aren’t nearly as confident or fulfilled. Believe you are every bit as good as anyone.
Thankyou I think everyone has struggled massively due to the lockdown especially xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
You always give such great advice, Libbylulu ❤ I agree with you completely.

How are you beautiful people doing today? Sending love and support to everyone who needs it.

• Heart
Slept for 15 hours today but I had a nightmare so the long sleep was far from restful. I wasn’t productive at all this weekend. Woke up at 6 pm very sad and restless so I ordered takeout. I hate myself a little today. 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thankyou I’m definitely going to try and

I completely understand where you are coming from on the appearance part and worrying about the future. For me when I get down about my appearance it’s because of what people (bullies) have said to me in the past I feel like I need to accept this and understand it was years ago when they said it and I am a lot better than their nasty comments. You are not an awful person for being jealous of others life it’s natural to want better especially if your having a really hard time you just automatically want the happiness others have this is normal but you have to think you don’t know what’s going on personally for example people only post on Instagram the best bits of their life sometimes you have to fake it until you make it keep going and thinking positive it can only get better from here. I agree with being snappy to the people you love for me this is because I am unhappy and unsatisfied I seem to take it out on others then feeling really guilty after for me I explain why I did that and say sorry it’s hard but after explaining they seem to understand. As for the future try to stay positive you are the creator of your own life and destiny I struggle with this a lot as I think it’s hard to know what you want then confusing thoughts happen but you just have to live in the present knowing that whatever we do now will help us for the future just know people have different paths and timings in life what people are achieving now you could achieve in 10 years or vice versa. You are not alone.
Thank you so much, this was honestly really assuring and validating. I think Instagram is part of the problem so I've deactivated it for a bit. I think this is my favourite thread here- I love how everyone gives so much good advice despite struggling.

• Heart
Thank you so much, this was honestly really assuring and validating. I think Instagram is part of the problem so I've deactivated it for a bit. I think this is my favourite thread here- I love how everyone gives so much good advice despite struggling.
Me too social media is a big problem comparing to others life’s but we just have to remember that people only post what they want us to see. Instead maybe deactivate it and what time you would spend on Instagram maybe do something productive like read a book or workout this will also help mentally. Yes this thread is amazing I’ve felt so much better speaking out it’s reassuring to know your not the only one going through things, together we can help overcome some of our hardest days.

Slept for 15 hours today but I had a nightmare so the long sleep was far from restful. I wasn’t productive at all this weekend. Woke up at 6 pm very sad and restless so I ordered takeout. I hate myself a little today. 😞
Don’t beat yourself up for not being productive sometimes we don’t have no energy because we are so drained maybe you could take a shower to wake up abit and feel better.

• Heart
Sorry if it’s a really been discussed - but does anyone else get really angry as a depression symptom? Im fine if I take my meds but as soon as I forget, I’m awful. So angry with everyone and everything

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It is completely okay to be unproductive lovely! Please be kind to yourself, sometimes you just need to relax and recharge your batteries 💕

Me too social media is a big problem comparing to others life’s but we just have to remember that people only post what they want us to see
This. So much. I just want to remind everyone that when you feel jealous or insecure because of other people, there are tons of folks out there who feel the same way because of you since we all tend to sugarcoat our daily lives on social media. Don’t believe it, you are all wonderful and comparing yourself to others leads to nothing. Something that helps me is journaling and keeping track of my little victories. It lets you see how much you’ve grown compared to your past self.

does anyone else get really angry as a depression symptom
Not anymore, but I used to be like this pre-meds. I’m choleric and hit the roof in a matter of seconds 😅 Don’t blame yourself, it’s not your fault. You are already a better person than the majority for thinking and caring about other people’s feelings ❤

I am suspiciously happy today. Had a nice time with my family yesterday, slept in until 11 and woke up cheery. But after so many failures and unhappy days I am worried I’m just being manic today and it will go downhill very soon. I hate feeling like I have to pay for being okay!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It is completely okay to be unproductive lovely! Please be kind to yourself, sometimes you just need to relax and recharge your batteries 💕

This. So much. I just want to remind everyone that when you feel jealous or insecure because of other people, there are tons of folks out there who feel the same way because of you since we all tend to sugarcoat our daily lives on social media. Don’t believe it, you are all wonderful and comparing yourself to others leads to nothing. Something that helps me is journaling and keeping track of my little victories. It lets you see how much you’ve grown compared to your past self.

Not anymore, but I used to be like this pre-meds. I’m choleric and hit the roof in a matter of seconds 😅 Don’t blame yourself, it’s not your fault. You are already a better person than the majority for thinking and caring about other people’s feelings ❤

I am suspiciously happy today. Had a nice time with my family yesterday, slept in until 11 and woke up cheery. But after so many failures and unhappy days I am worried I’m just being manic today and it will go downhill very soon. I hate feeling like I have to pay for being okay!
Don’t be worried about being manic and it going downhill because we all have bad days without bad days we wouldn’t be able to appreciate the good ones. I’m glad to here your happy and I hope you will continue to do so you have probably been through a hard time so you deserve happiness but remember sometimes you can’t control feelings and being down is ok too but things will get better please don’t feel like you have to pay for your feelings life is hard sometimes but no matter what we all deserve happiness!

• Heart
Don’t be worried about being manic and it going downhill because we all have bad days without bad days we wouldn’t be able to appreciate the good ones. I’m glad to here your happy and I hope you will continue to do so you have probably been through a hard time so you deserve happiness but remember sometimes you can’t control feelings and being down is ok too but things will get better please don’t feel like you have to pay for your feelings life is hard sometimes but no matter what we all deserve happiness!
Thank you so much, that’s exactly what I wanted to hear 🥰 You are right, and I hope you are doing fine today, too!

I love this thread so much, you are all amazing ❤

• Heart
Thank you so much, that’s exactly what I wanted to hear 🥰 You are right, and I hope you are doing fine today, too!

I love this thread so much, you are all amazing ❤
I feel content today I’m trying to improve so much in my life by taking baby steps I’m looking forward to the future and grateful for what I already have I’m learning to get stronger and love myself im not putting too much pressure on myself as I know not all days are perfect. And me too this thread is helping so much within knowing I’m not alone with my feelings and others also have struggles too I’m trying to overcome my anxiety and depression and heal trauma wounds.

• Heart
I feel content today I’m trying to improve so much in my life by taking baby steps I’m looking forward to the future and grateful for what I already have I’m learning to get stronger and love myself im not putting too much pressure on myself as I know not all days are perfect.
I’m so glad to hear that! It sounds like you have a great strategy, I know you can do it and I believe so much in you! We will all get there! 💫

• Heart
Been on 25mg sertraline for about 3 maybe 4? weeks now. Had all the side effects in the first 2 weeks. Although I am feeling ok dr suggested 50mg as im still just 😐 about everything. Am i going to have the same side effects all over?

How should they make you feel? What am I aiming for? Meh has been a nice changed to feeling crap every day hah

• Heart
I’m definitely going to try speak out more I think the big thing is the anxiety of people judging me or if it’s wrong for me to feel like this. I know I have to get over things to accomplish goals and have a better life I want new friends and happiness I don’t know where to start but hoping to get there some day I struggle with talking to people my own age because they always seem to have the best life with goals and loads of friends whereas I don’t have no education only gcses I dropped out of college years ago so no chance of uni I am thinking about going back into education maybe I will meet people there but then I’m nervous for other people my age already having friends and me not fitting in. I have big dreams I want to achieve I just don’t know where to start or how to get there if that makes sense.
The oldest student at my uni that we had on campus was actually 72. I saw him in the lunch hall just doing his thing. Everyone's life is different. I struggle with this too but at the end of the day the only opinion that matters of you is yours.

My mother went to english classes for adults. Maybe you could do a foundation degree, BTECs or a diploma first or have a look at the open university. Also a lot of people might have the picture perfect instagram but it's not always what it seems.

• Heart
Been on 25mg sertraline for about 3 maybe 4? weeks now. Had all the side effects in the first 2 weeks. Although I am feeling ok dr suggested 50mg as im still just 😐 about everything. Am i going to have the same side effects all over?

How should they make you feel? What am I aiming for? Meh has been a nice changed to feeling crap every day hah
sertraline worked well for me - I felt the same - meh - all the time, but after a little while I started to get a bit of a buzz feeing back - a tingling of excitement about things again. I’m on 50mg x

• Heart
This thread has been rather quiet, but I hope it’s a good sign and you are all doing okay. How are you today @chandlercheesecake? I’ve been thinking about you because your post has touched me deeply. You sound like a lovely person, and I’m really sorry you had to go through this pain.

As for me, I’m okay today. I thought I’d wake up happy but no, I’m still numb. Doing my best to distract myself, just taking it slow. What I don’t understand is why my meds aren’t working anymore.
Thank you, that's very kind. I have been feeling a bit better since my last post, just been trying to keep myself busy. 💞

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.