The Depression Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you so so much everyone it really means a lot. I’ve spent the last couple of days reaching out to family and I feel a lot better just talking and being honest about my feelings. You’ve made me realise that I’m not alone and I’m so grateful. I’ve spoken with my doctor and wrote a plan down on how to move forward. Again thank you all so much. We will get through it all together. Sending love ❤
So pleased to read this ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I hate August, this is the absolute worse month for me where so much bad tit has happened (over the years)
I'm trying really hard to not dwell on stuff, trying to be 'normal', but inside, I'm really struggling, there's a real bad anniversary coming up, I won't say cos I don't know how to do a spoiler, let's just say the word s and my only sibling who I thought the world of :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
The neighbours at the back of our garden are having a big party right now. I can hear all the music laughter and happiness. It’s making me so sad when I think about my own life. I can’t remember the last time I laughed. I spend most days crying. Currently lying in the dark under the duvet. Don’t worry about replying to this if you guys are busy just wanted to write it down I suppose. I hope everyone here is okay as can be x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The neighbours at the back of our garden are having a big party right now. I can hear all the music laughter and happiness. It’s making me so sad when I think about my own life. I can’t remember the last time I laughed. I spend most days crying. Currently lying in the dark under the duvet. Don’t worry about replying to this if you guys are busy just wanted to write it down I suppose. I hope everyone here is okay as can be x
I totally understand, I'm also in bed, really trying hard not to cry, music helps me. x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I totally understand, I'm also in bed, really trying hard not to cry, music helps me. x
So sorry 😞 it’s rough isnt it. Funny thing with me is I can’t listen to music anymore. Music holds too many memories for me. It’s such a shame as I used to be a big music fan. I tend to put on a silly film like Harry Potter or something I don’t need to concentrate on.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So sorry 😞 it’s rough isnt it. Funny thing with me is I can’t listen to music anymore. Music holds too many memories for me. It’s such a shame as I used to be a big music fan. I tend to put on a silly film like Harry Potter or something I don’t need to concentrate on.
I get that with music bringing back memories, tbh it hasn't helped me tonight, I normally leave the TV on when I go to bed. Hope you're ok x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hate August, this is the absolute worse month for me where so much bad tit has happened (over the years)
I'm trying really hard to not dwell on stuff, trying to be 'normal', but inside, I'm really struggling, there's a real bad anniversary coming up, I won't say cos I don't know how to do a spoiler, let's just say the word s and my only sibling who I thought the world of :(
Oh Maid, I’m so so sorry ❤

Edited to add. I totally understand the pain of “anniversaries“, I’m sure quite a few of us do. Please know we’re here, and we understand x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I sympathise, this sort of feeling is so relatable. It’s horrible seeing groups of friends out having fun while you are in bed wishing that was you. That’s why I hate social media because that’s where everyone shows off parties and festivals that you aren’t part of. It’s horrible isn’t it, makes you feel so alone. I promise you aren’t the only one in that position x

• Heart
Once again I’m going through a bad patch and I’ve even told myself if things don’t improve and start looking up for me in a year, then im done. I don’t like to think like that but I just feel the depression taking over more and more.

I’m just about to have a weeks leave from work but I’m dreading it as I have nothing planned and no one to spend time with. The person I’d normally reach out to hasn't spoke in almost 3 weeks, in fact he didn’t reply to my last message. Any suggestions of what I can do to stop myself from sinking deeper? I was hoping to go on a boat trip but I can no longer afford it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Once again I’m going through a bad patch and I’ve even told myself if things don’t improve and start looking up for me in a year, then im done. I don’t like to think like that but I just feel the depression taking over more and more.

I’m just about to have a weeks leave from work but I’m dreading it as I have nothing planned and no one to spend time with. The person I’d normally reach out to hasn't spoke in almost 3 weeks, in fact he didn’t reply to my last message. Any suggestions of what I can do to stop myself from sinking deeper? I was hoping to go on a boat trip but I can no longer afford it.
Sorry you are feeling like this. It can be really affecting (not sure if that is the right word) when the person you usually rely on isn’t there for you.

Try not to look too far in the future. That won’t help the way you are feeling and can exacerbate things. Focus on small things. Get through to lunchtime. Get through to the end of the day. Get to the end of week. Get to the end of the weekend.

In terms of the boat trip, is there anything else you could do that costs less but is still a nice “day out”? A trip to the beach/local garden/house/lake etc. If you are able to do these things (money and mood allowing ), you could book one in each Monday (again, don’t look too far ahead) and there is something each week.

I am sure others will have other suggestions.

We are here. You are here and you deserve to be here xxx

• Heart

I find that distracting myself with comforting audiobooks helps. Really recommend Harry Potter ones if you like him. Very soothing to have on as background noise. A free day out is obviously going for a walk but I know how hard it is to drag yourself out. I usually have more motivation in the evenings/nights so maybe you could go for one in the evening when there isn't as many people about? Just around your block x

• Heart

You don’t have to respond, but I hope your week’s going ok, and that you’ve been able to do something nice for yourself. We’re here if you need us x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thanks for your replies.
I’ve took the dog out for a quick walk each morning before it got too hot and then either laid in the garden or slept on the sofa. I moved into my own place a couple months ago and it’s nothing like I imagined. I haven’t actually spoken to anyone this week but I’m telling myself this is what it’ll be like so it’s a case of getting used to it. Sorry to sound so negative.

A friend has invited me out for her hen party this weekend which I’m considering going to as at least then I would have done something, although I wouldn’t drink much as I don’t want to spiral or be upset when I got home.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi guys. I don't think I've ever posted here but just needed to put this somewhere.

I'm having a really tit time with my mental health right now and I literally feel like im hanging by a thread. Everyone thinks the last time I self harmed was soooo long ago, like 5 years plus, but I think it was 2 years ago maybe? Or less. I don't know. Long enough ago that I'm not quite sure, but the urge is always there when I feel at breaking point, and I guess it always will be. I think i probably seem fine because I can put a face on it for the most part and act upbeat but the second I have to have a real conversation about my feelings I'm in tears.

• Heart
Have only been on a half dose of Zoloft for almost 3 weeks (was too scared to take the full dose yet) and I've already gained 5lbs. I know that probably sounds really bleeping vapid and vain but I have Body dysmorphia and I have always had a lot of issues with my weight (plus being heavier isn't good for my joints)

Feeling pissed off that if I want to try and ease my depression one way, I'm gonna end up feeling like shite about myself another way and hating myself. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Have only been on a half dose of Zoloft for almost 3 weeks (was too scared to take the full dose yet) and I've already gained 5lbs. I know that probably sounds really bleeping vapid and vain but I have Body dysmorphia and I have always had a lot of issues with my weight (plus being heavier isn't good for my joints)

Feeling pissed off that if I want to try and ease my depression one way, I'm gonna end up feeling like shite about myself another way and hating myself. 😔
I so understand, I was prescribed amitriptyline, I put on nearly a stone in 2 weeks, went back to drs, all he said was you must be eating more (I wasn't) and there's no calories in the tablet, I was like, wtaf, changed drs, sorry you're going through this x

• Heart
My anxiety is really bad today. I feel sick dizzy and shaky. I think the heat is making me feel this way and making this worse.
I feel you, my youngest finished nursery last week after 4 years there (ready to start school Sep) and it’s been a huge trigger for me that I wasn’t expecting 😢

That’s exactly how I feel this morning.

• Heart
It’s hit me like a truck the past week. Had to book today and tomorrow off work. I’ve been mute since Friday, haven’t opened my mouth once.

I’d pay anything or do anything that would take this pain away.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.