The Depression Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a crappy weekend started on a high and ending on why do I bleeping Bother I actually give up I just don't want to be here anymore.... Im just sick of feeling shat on and alone šŸ˜”

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What a crappy weekend started on a high and ending on why do I bleeping Bother I actually give up I just don't want to be here anymore.... Im just sick of feeling shat on and alone šŸ˜”
I know exactly how you feel. Life is so tough. Even tougher when you have children. If thereā€™s anything you want to talk about or get off your chest, Iā€™m here to listen and help if I can. From what Iā€™ve read on here, I feel like our stories are very similar. Iā€™ve had to pick up the pieces, for my children, so many times. I really do hope youā€™re ok ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh lovely, do you want to talk about it?
Ex or kids?
You have overcome *so* much, I know this sounds patronising and I truly donā€™t mean it to be, but you really have shown how strong you are to keep going when things have been so so hard.

Look at that gorgeous dog of yours, know how much and how unconditionally she loves you, drag yourself out if you can for a walk and cry it out if it will help (only saying this as a suggestion as I know getting out every day helps you).

Do you feel that you might harm or attempt worse again?
If youā€™re feeling the urge to, please call the GP, Samaritans or 111.
Promise me you will talk to someone before you give in to the urge? Or even post on here so we can talk to you until it passes, I can be about but maybe not immediately as have littlest at home xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi guys Iā€™m sorry for posting on here you seem to all know each other and Iā€™m sorry if you would prefer me to post elsewhere. I know I am going to end things soon and I feel like I am too scared to jump or OD incase I wake up. The other alternative: Iā€™m not sure how to do it. I am worried I will do it wrong. Anyway Iā€™m not sure why Iā€™m writing this but i canā€™t find anything online for tips on how to be successful. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi guys Iā€™m sorry for posting on here you seem to all know each other and Iā€™m sorry if you would prefer me to post elsewhere. I know I am going to end things soon and I feel like I am too scared to jump or OD incase I wake up. The other alternative: Iā€™m not sure how to do it. I am worried I will do it wrong. Anyway Iā€™m not sure why Iā€™m writing this but i canā€™t find anything online for tips on how to be successful. Xx
We only know each other from here, so you are more than welcome ā¤

I know when it feels like there is no way to keep going, someone saying please donā€™t do it doesnā€™t help, but Iā€™m going to say it anyway.
Obviously I donā€™t know your situation or whatā€™s led you to this point, and Iā€™m not going to say ā€˜things will get betterā€™ or ā€˜tomorrow might feel differentā€™ as I know that, right now, you canā€™t feel that.

What I am going to say is, I believe that by posting here you want a connection with someone.
Youā€™ve got that. Iā€™m here.

xx

Popping these links here for anyone who may need them. (These are the ones given in emails from my psychiatristā€™s office)

Tagging @Phil McCrackin particularly, also @ilovepizza21 x

- You can always access emergency support via GP, 111 or A&E
- Call the Samaritans on 116123
- Text "SHOUT" to 85258 to contact the Shout Crisis Text Line
- Use the Staying Safe Website https://stayingsafe.net
- Call SANEline on 0300 304 7000
- Papyrus HOPELINEUK. If you're under 35 and struggling with suicidal feelings, or concerned about a young person who might be struggling, you can call Papyrus HOPELINEUK on 0800 068 4141 (weekdays 10am-10pm, weekends 2pm-10pm and bank holidays 2pm-10pm), email [email protected] or text 07786 209 697

Last edited:
  • Heart
Please stay and post here, we only know each through sharing our thoughts and feelings on this thread, and the advice from others have helped me soo much.
@Pollyanna263 has given out some great links, but there's always someone around in this thread to chat to.
Please take care

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I can only echo what the other two have said.

Please, please reach out if you can to someone via phone or message. Those resources @Pollyanna263 are there to help and listen if you need it.

As @Maid22 pointed out, we are all here because we need a place to be. You are as welcome as anyone. We pop in and out as and when and there will be always be someone around.

Donā€™t worry about what you post. Say what you need. That is what this thread is for.

Xxx

• Heart
Of course you can post here ā¤

I totally agree with what everyone else has said. And especially this from @Pollyanna263 -

ā€œI believe that by posting here you want a connection with someoneā€.

You can just join in and start chatting. No-one here will judge you for how youā€™re feeling, we all understand one way or another.

• Heart
I donā€™t post in here much as I never know how to write it all down but I always come and read everyoneā€™s posts. I just wanted to say, Iā€™m in the exact same headspace as you. The things you have written I could have written. I just wanted to post to let you know there is someone else feeling this way and youā€™re not alone in your feelings. Itā€™s very scary I know. I hope things can get better for us

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone else feel content alone?

I'm exactly the same as you. I find social interaction tiring and quite fake in a lot of ways. People just can't accept loners for some reason and always assume there's something weird going on - it's all why why why. Be proud of being independent and picky about who you talk to. Feels good to know other people feel the same way. People always try to 'fix things' but some things are just not fixable. My wanting and needing isolation is the only way I can cope with life and for the most part I like it.

• Heart
I'm like you, I like my own company. There's a few people I feel comfortable with outside of family, other than that I'm happy just to be by myself. I could see myself becoming a hermit VERY easily.

• Heart
I donā€™t post in here much as I never know how to write it all down but I always come and read everyoneā€™s posts. I just wanted to say, Iā€™m in the exact same headspace as you. The things you have written I could have written. I just wanted to post to let you know there is someone else feeling this way and youā€™re not alone in your feelings. Itā€™s very scary I know. I hope things can get better for us
You are a diamond for reaching out to someone when things arenā€™t easy for you right now ā¤

Iā€˜m thinking of you and @Phil McCrackin . Please know weā€˜re if you need some company x

• Heart
Iā€™m new here and just reading through the forums, I suffer with depression and anxiety and recently diagnosed with cptsd so can relate to a lot on the thread but reading through this is heartbreaking at the same time - hate to think of others suffering so much - mental health issues are awful. Youā€™re a strong bunch to be able to open up on here and I really hope youā€™re able to find a way of getting out of the black hole and seeing some happiness in life! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I canā€™t sleep. I just find it so hard to keep on top of things in life, and I just keep screwing things up.

I just want to get help, I hate having to wait so long. It makes me feel so lonely, because people I know donā€™t understand that being depressed just makes things so hard, and itā€™s like theres no space in your brain to think about anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I canā€™t sleep. I just find it so hard to keep on top of things in life, and I just keep screwing things up.

I just want to get help, I hate having to wait so long. It makes me feel so lonely, because people I know donā€™t understand that being depressed just makes things so hard, and itā€™s like theres no space in your brain to think about anything.
Sorry to hear lovely you're going through a bad time, insomnia is a witch, it's hard enough to function when you're in a dark head space, made even worse without sleep. I really hope you get the help you need soon x

• Heart
Sorry to hear lovely you're going through a bad time, insomnia is a witch, it's hard enough to function when you're in a dark head space, made even worse without sleep. I really hope you get the help you need soon x
So true what you say about insomnia. People have been driven mad by lack of sleep and it makes everything difficult to cope with. A very under-estimated condition and medication is not the answer in the long run. My heart goes out to anyone who is tortured by exhaustion.

• Heart
Iā€™ve got a leak in my kitchen.
Iā€™ve done what I can to find and fix but I think itā€™s beyond my (basic) skills.
Iā€™m going to have to call my landlord.
Heā€™s going to come to my house.
My house is a bit of a mess.
Itā€™s not very clean.
Itā€™s not awful but itā€™s not landlord being here clean. (I have 2 kids and a dog who add to the mess and dirt and donā€™t really help clean and tidy.)
Iā€™m going to have to clean before I call.
Iā€™m going to use a load of energy I donā€™t have and burn myself out.
Arghhhhhhhhhh.
I wish my house was more clean and tidy.
Oh and my grass is basically dead and my landlord is sort of precious about the garden (dunno why as heā€™s never lived here)

(I also still havenā€™t washed my hair)

No reply needed. Just needed to get it out and think someone here might understand or at least not judge me.

• Heart
Thank you so so much everyone it really means a lot. Iā€™ve spent the last couple of days reaching out to family and I feel a lot better just talking and being honest about my feelings. Youā€™ve made me realise that Iā€™m not alone and Iā€™m so grateful. Iā€™ve spoken with my doctor and wrote a plan down on how to move forward. Again thank you all so much. We will get through it all together. Sending love ā¤

• Heart
I'm in the same position as Pollyanna; my worst nightmare is having people in to fix things in the house and the worry of having to clean everything and make conversation. I feel like Miss Havisham with a crumbling old house and cobwebs on the cobwebs. The only answer is to get cleaning and bite the bullet. I'm sure we can tackle it Pollyanna and if you've got kids and a dog he'll understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.