The Depression Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely relate to that feeling. It's never a good sign. Whatever you decide, I hope you begin to feel much better soon.

Thanks for replying. I can't imagine being on a med for 10 years and then going cold turkey! That sounds rough. Are you still feeling the withdrawal symptoms then? Have you noticed any improvement? I went from feeling good to feeling as though I was being swallowed into a black pit (depression cliche, but an accurate one). I'm still debating whether to go back to the antidepressant or stay off it for a few more weeks.

You're definitely right about the UK being a mess right now. I've stopped watching the news because politics, war and environmental crises are stressing me out so much. I know everyone must be feeling it to some extent.

Vitamin D is a good idea too. The nurse actually gave me a prescription for some Vitamin D. Sometimes iron helps too if you're feeling especially tired.
the meds took the edge off for sure, I cried less, but I also felt less of everything. I lost some of myself I think. I have good days and bad, and appreciate the good more than I ever did before. No one feels happy all the time. We all have different baselines too. For some, our very happiest state may be just the momentary absence of sadness. Life is suffering, as the Buddhists say, and I think realising that makes the sadness and anxiety a bit easier to contend with. It all sounds a bit miserable maybe but sometimes it’s in resisting and regretting where we get into the most mess. And the meds will always be there if I feel I just can’t cope without. But for now, I might be white knuckling it, but I’m getting through it !

Reactions: 3
Hi everyone,
I stumbled across this thread today and I’m so glad I did. What a lovely, supportive and empathetic bunch of people.
I’m very nervous about posting but today is a struggle to shift the dark clouds. I’ve been off sertraline for about a year now and have been just about managing to navigate when anxiety and low moods creep in but recently things have taken a turn.
I am fortunate to work with a group of therapists (I’m not one myself) and am starting to work through some issues. My little boy has just started pre school and it’s meant that my inability to cope with change/transition has reared up. This has caused me to worry and obsess to try and regain control (this time over my teeth).
I am questioning whether to go back on the sertraline for the anxiety.
thanks for reading

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi all, I hope this isn’t inappropriate but this thread seems really supportive.
My mum suffers from depression and we live very far apart currently. I really want to support her in any way I can but some days I don’t know how to get through to her. I’m really sorry if that sounds insensitive, I don’t mean it like that. If anyone has any advice of how I can do better, I would be so so grateful.

• Heart
I tried a SAD lamp earlier and initially it was good but then I turned into an irritable bish 😩

I ordered a mid day pizza and now I’m going back to the light that projects pretty patterns on my ceiling. 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hello all,

Not really looking for advice, just needed to let some feelings out, I hope that is ok

Feeling a tad wobbly tonight

I have tonsillitis which has spread and I now have an infection in my tooth, I’m still working full time and I’m tired.

Feeling so much pressure to always be busy and have social plans too and it’s exhausting.

I’d love a big cuddle from a nice man but I’m still single! I feel like if I had a nice man too I wouldn’t have to worry about always having social plans.

I’m just tired!

• Heart
Hello all,

Not really looking for advice, just needed to let some feelings out, I hope that is ok

Feeling a tad wobbly tonight

I have tonsillitis which has spread and I now have an infection in my tooth, I’m still working full time and I’m tired.

Feeling so much pressure to always be busy and have social plans too and it’s exhausting.

I’d love a big cuddle from a nice man but I’m still single! I feel like if I had a nice man too I wouldn’t have to worry about always having social plans.

I’m just tired!
I hear you 100%. I never feel more single than when I’m unwell and just want a little looking after. Sending health and good wishes your way x

• Heart
Hi everyone, I hope it’s okay to write here and let out how I feel ☹

I’ve been struggling with what I think is anxiety for almost a year now, since moving to a new city and becoming a bit more isolated socially (although I moved with my partner and we have made a few friends) and have struggled to settle into my job.

Recently things seem to have just progressed rapidly, I’m barely sleeping (and when I do fall asleep I’ll dream about work stress, family being ill, all manner of horrible things), I’m experienced in my career (8 years graduated) but I feel now I’m constantly second guessing myself and having what I think are panic attacks at the smallest most inconsequential error I might make - the type of error I normally would have shrugged off and been able to fix easily “before”. I’m worried about money (as we all are), the impact me being so down/anxious is having in my relationships as I can feel myself withdrawing, and I feel restless and full of energy but unable to actually DO anything, such as housework.

I just feel like things are so hard just now and I’m stuck in a vicious cycle of wanting to talk to someone but being terrified I’m over reacting/boring people/pushing them away.

Today is really hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
and I feel restless and full of energy but unable to actually DO anything, such as housework.

I just feel like things are so hard just now and I’m stuck in a vicious cycle of wanting to talk to someone but being terrified I’m over reacting/boring people/pushing them away.

Today is really hard.
When I feel this way I get my book of word search puzzles out. It burns off buzzy mental energy and gets my mind to focus on something low stakes as opposed to worries. You could also try out breathing exercises.

D30B3A36-9959-440E-80C1-40E33225B33E.jpeg

847715AD-5E59-4DFB-A5EF-5067DEAB83EE.jpeg

10E4F219-830A-492F-9C3D-8858B5AD2C22.jpeg

31B8B536-18E1-4F8F-A309-929586AE60F2.jpeg

I hope you feel better soon 💛

• Heart
I'm not up to date with the comments so apologies if I'm ignoring anyone. I had another awful panic attack this morning. It lasted an hour. Now I'm having another one. I've decided to take medication again, starting tonight. This is totally unbearable. I just want to go to bed and sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm not up to date with the comments so apologies if I'm ignoring anyone. I had another awful panic attack this morning. It lasted an hour. Now I'm having another one. I've decided to take medication again, starting tonight. This is totally unbearable. I just want to go to bed and sleep.
Well done for making the best decision for your well-being ❤❤
I really hope it helps quickly xx

• Heart
Well done for making the best decision for your well-being ❤❤
I really hope it helps quickly xx
Thanks for your kind comment. x

I said I'd give it 6 weeks and I have. Nothing's improving at all, so I don't think there's much point in struggling through this for another month or more.

• Heart
Thanks for your kind comment. x

I said I'd give it 6 weeks and I have. Nothing's improving at all, so I don't think there's much point in struggling through this for another month or more.
Sometimes we have to have a bit more help. There’s no shame in it, but it feels like such a big decision. It took me a long time to make it. We all understand x

• Heart
If meds help, then they help. It’s very simple. No one would challenge a diabetic taking insulin. I do think it’s a great idea to try without every now and again. If for no other reason than realising that they are impactful and appreciating the comfort that they bring. They may not address 100% of the problem, but sometimes it takes going without them to recognise that they are the difference between difficult and unbearable.

• Heart
I wanted to share this somewhere and this thread feels like the place.

The last 7 weeks I have fallen into a deep depression. This happens at points in my life, and I’m terrible at reaching out to anyone, so I haven’t. I have had people notice I’m not okay and I’ve cried at work which was embarrassing but still didn’t open up. Anyways, because I’ve been feeling so awful I haven’t been taking care of myself. I’ve been living off coffee and junk food - lost almost a stone in weight as I’m eating like a sausage roll a day. But! Tonight I cooked myself a proper dinner. I really didn’t want to, even as I was cooking it I felt sick, but I did it, I ate it, and I’m so happy knowing I have veg and fish in my stomach. A tiny step in the right direction. Maybe tomorrow I’ll call the drs about meds…

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wanted to share this somewhere and this thread feels like the place.

The last 7 weeks I have fallen into a deep depression. This happens at points in my life, and I’m terrible at reaching out to anyone, so I haven’t. I have had people notice I’m not okay and I’ve cried at work which was embarrassing but still didn’t open up. Anyways, because I’ve been feeling so awful I haven’t been taking care of myself. I’ve been living off coffee and junk food - lost almost a stone in weight as I’m eating like a sausage roll a day. But! Tonight I cooked myself a proper dinner. I really didn’t want to, even as I was cooking it I felt sick, but I did it, I ate it, and I’m so happy knowing I have veg and fish in my stomach. A tiny step in the right direction. Maybe tomorrow I’ll call the drs about meds…
Amazing!!! You’ve inspired me as I am terrible for doing this too. Coke Zero and hot deli addiction!! I always try remind myself how good I feel when I cook and eat a proper dinner. I am going to make a big spag Bol this week :)

• Heart
Hello lovelies. I haven’t been over here very much, for a few reasons.
Hope everyone is as okay as possible.

Does anyone here have a care coordinator?
Are they helpful? Are they a benefit to you?

Been to psych appointment this afternoon, and he said if it was NHS (I see him privately) he’d be organising a care coordinator for me.

I have a shitload of tit going on in life, on top of the existing PTSD and depression - which I can’t work on in therapy right now because we’re basically having to firefight life just so I can keep going - and it’s no secret that I’m struggling.

Psych always writes to GP so it’s possible he will mention this to her but if not (as his clinic letters do tend to be short and sweet), I don’t know whether her I should ask her about it?

Any and all experiences welcome ❤

• Heart
Finally managed to take my first sertraline tablet this morning after putting it off for 2 weeks. I’m feeling so anxious about it and scared about what’s going to happen and whether I’ve made the right decision. Only took A half dose to ease my way in.

• Heart
Finally managed to take my first sertraline tablet this morning after putting it off for 2 weeks. I’m feeling so anxious about it and scared about what’s going to happen and whether I’ve made the right decision. Only took A half dose to ease my way in.
That’s brilliant. The first one is always the hardest. It just gets easier now xxx

Reactions: 1
I don’t know how to write this the only way I can do it is going to sound I’m just wanting attention honestly I’m not this is why I decided to post on a place no one will know me. I am at the end of my tether with life my wonderful husband died 18 mths ago I still cry when I’m alone because I miss him more than I can explai, I keep myself upbeat when I’m with my oBly child ( 27) because I don’t want to upset him, I don’t show my elderly parent I’m aching for my husband due to him being elderly and I don’t want to worry him I have a very good friend who I have fell apart once in front of her but she changed the subject to how her job was making her unhappy and she knew how I was feeling because she felt the same. Every friend I’ve got I am the go to friend to off load their worry’s and honestly I don’t mind..but sometimes I feel I’d love to have a good cry with them but I can’t and now I’m going to sound dramatic but I am now lying in bed worried about the Ukraine / Russia conflict and if a nuclear bomb is going to destroy us all. I know I’m rambling and I’m sorry but yesterday I had a row with my kid and he was nasty with the things he said over something so stupid but I honestly feel is this my life now ? No husband, no one I can off load too, my wonderful elderly dad who relies heavily on me, I have a sister who does nothing for him, and I don’t mind at all helping him but I just feel I’m literally on this earth to help, listen and take on everyone’s problems and no one ever ask how I am. I know it’s my own fault because I have always been an upbeat person but sadly that died when my love died. I just needed to write this down and honestly I am sorry I have but I just needed to because to me it looks like I’m off loading even though we don’t know each other for once hopefully some one might know how I feel and have some advice for what to do x

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.