The Depression Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You should have that angry cry. When you get the chance, run yourself a bath and close the door, have that cry. It'll be good for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone struggle with family having zero empathy?

I said to my mum today I was struggling because I had to work, watch my 3 year old, and then when I picked him up from nursery in the afternoon he had a massive tantrum. I had to walk him home dragging his heels, and I'm stressed and she's just like "well that's what it's like having a family" this pure smug look on her face. I find that she has zero empathy at all. I just don't f..cking get it and it enrages me. I feel like I want to have an angry cry.
I only really open up a very small amount to my mum and she is supportive but my friends are awful.. I’ll get no empathy at all from them along with ridiculous comments that don’t help. I said I was having a hard time and one said ‘Oh god. I’m the happiest and content I’ve ever been...’ Good for them but they really went on and on about how happy they were. Another rang me when they heard I was upset and said something to kick me while I was down and then flounced out. If felt like they were getting a kick out of it and the support is none existent.
It’s really made me change who I am close to so now I pretty much keep it to myself or post online.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You should have that angry cry. When you get the chance, run yourself a bath and close the door, have that cry. It'll be good for you.
You're right ❤ having a cuddle with my boy right now and that is helping 💕

I only really open up a very small amount to my mum and she is supportive but my friends are awful.. I’ll get no empathy at all from them along with ridiculous comments that don’t help. I said I was having a hard time and one said ‘Oh god. I’m the happiest and content I’ve ever been...’ Good for them but they really went on and on about how happy they were. Another rang me when they heard I was upset and said something to kick me while I was down and then flounced out. If felt like they were getting a kick out of it and the support is none existent.
It’s really made me change who I am close to so now I pretty much keep it to myself or post online.
omg... I'm sorry your friends are like that... I had something similar happen to me at the start of the year... Long story short I had a breakdown and was in hospital about 10 years ago and my oldest friend would frequently shame me about it in front of people. I made the painful decision to cut ties because of the emotional fall out every time we spent time together. Relationships can be so complicated. I'm sorry you have had those experiences. ❤❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You're right ❤ having a cuddle with my boy right now and that is helping 💕

omg... I'm sorry your friends are like that... I had something similar happen to me at the start of the year... Long story short I had a breakdown and was in hospital about 10 years ago and my oldest friend would frequently shame me about it in front of people. I made the painful decision to cut ties because of the emotional fall out every time we spent time together. Relationships can be so complicated. I'm sorry you have had those experiences. ❤❤❤❤
Thank you.. I’m sorry your friend shamed you like that 🥺
Sometimes I find it helps writing stuff down in the notes on my phone, it helps get things off my chest a little.

• Heart
My heart goes out to those with people in their lives that do the opposite of support *hugs* It's awful when people either don't get it or use it against you.

I've just spent the last 4 days filling in the work capability form for UC, as I quit my job. It was brutal... Obviously I know my issues, but having to write about them all together just made me realise what a failure and duck up I am. I hate that I had to do that, flogging myself for some stranger at DWP to pick apart in the vain hopes that after 20 years of full time work someone *might* think I'm worthy of some crumbs to live on. Horrible system. It's really made me feel even worse about myself and where I've ended up.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My heart goes out to those with people in their lives that do the opposite of support *hugs* It's awful when people either don't get it or use it against you.

I've just spent the last 4 days filling in the work capability form for UC, as I quit my job. It was brutal... Obviously I know my issues, but having to write about them all together just made me realise what a failure and duck up I am. I hate that I had to do that, flogging myself for some stranger at DWP to pick apart in the vain hopes that after 20 years of full time work someone *might* think I'm worthy of some crumbs to live on. Horrible system. It's really made me feel even worse about myself and where I've ended up.
You're not a failure. You're not well. I've been there, had to claim ESA and PIP after my hospital admission. To go from full time work to full time benefits I felt like a total sham.

But let me tell you this, you've paid into this system to help you. That's what it is there to do. Please do not feel ashamed that you're unwell. You are entitled to help, think of it as taking back some of the money you put into the pot. ❤❤❤❤

• Heart

The system is in place to help you. It doesn't mean you're a failure or a duck up.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
First time poster on this thread.
I’m on the brink!
About to be made homeless……with 2 kids, my hubby and dog…..landlord has sold our house and is now starting to harass me! I cannot get a rental!!! It’s so hard. I work full time as does my husband. Life is not fair! I need a break! Docs have upped my meds……like that’s gonna make my problems disappear! Having EMDR and CBT therapy, navigating through PTSD! I need a bleeping break! I honestly don’t know what to do, where to turn! I’m living on a knifes edge! Sorry for all the moaning I’m just exhausted. I never knew it would be this hard. I’m not looking for sympathy I’m looking for someone who gets how I feel. For almost a decade I’ve told myself “if it weren’t for my boys I wouldn’t be here”
I need, duck knows!! I need help!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
First time poster on this thread.
I’m on the brink!
About to be made homeless……with 2 kids, my hubby and dog…..landlord has sold our house and is now starting to harass me! I cannot get a rental!!! It’s so hard. I work full time as does my husband. Life is not fair! I need a break! Docs have upped my meds……like that’s gonna make my problems disappear! Having EMDR and CBT therapy, navigating through PTSD! I need a bleeping break! I honestly don’t know what to do, where to turn! I’m living on a knifes edge! Sorry for all the moaning I’m just exhausted. I never knew it would be this hard. I’m not looking for sympathy I’m looking for someone who gets how I feel. For almost a decade I’ve told myself “if it weren’t for my boys I wouldn’t be here”
I need, duck knows!! I need help!
I’m sorry to hear this. Are the council helping?

Does anyone else struggle all day with exhaustion and fatigue, but then at night find you're wide awake and just sit staring at the time wishing you were asleep?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m having a rough day.

it’s been such a horrible year for me. Painful breakup, chronic illness, fractured ankle all sorts. Then my best friend of 15 years and I have an extremely minor disagreement and she has now decided to completely cut me out, and blocked me on every single platform.

last night I had an evening with my family who insisted on talking about how amazing my cousin is with his new gorgeous girlfriend and all the holidays and social events he has. I have nothing now and I feel so low.

sorry I needed people to talk to x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m having a rough day.

it’s been such a horrible year for me. Painful breakup, chronic illness, fractured ankle all sorts. Then my best friend of 15 years and I have an extremely minor disagreement and she has now decided to completely cut me out, and blocked me on every single platform.

last night I had an evening with my family who insisted on talking about how amazing my cousin is with his new gorgeous girlfriend and all the holidays and social events he has. I have nothing now and I feel so low.

sorry I needed people to talk to x
I’m sorry to hear this. Do you have anyone else to support you?
I felt similar just a week or so ago, I had to listen to everyone around me gushing over their new babies, weddings, new dream houses, moving in with partners etc and I too felt knocked down so I focused on what I do have and it has kicked me up the arse to make my own changes. While I am happy for them I have had to distance for my own mental health and I feel better for it.

first time poster on this thread! 4 weeks ago tonight, i overdosed. not so much to end my life, but to just shut off and be able to sleep. since then it’s been a wild ride, doctors appointments, blood tests, tablets, questions and a lot of tears. i’m currently on 200 Sertraline which doesn’t seem to be touching the sides, given sleeping tablets to take when i don’t have to get up with baby but they don’t work at all and i’m up and down, have a constant feeling something bad is going to happen and tonight is a great big down.

somehow still going to work in the afternoons and my little girl is keeping me sane in the days, honestly she is the reason i’m still here but the nights are something else.

was on mirtazapine years ago and that seemed to help better but unable to take now as scared i wouldn’t wake up if my lo did and the weight gain, jesus never again!

got another doctors review next week, anyone got any suggestions? currently in my weighted blanket just to try have a little let up!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
first time poster on this thread! 4 weeks ago tonight, i overdosed. not so much to end my life, but to just shut off and be able to sleep. since then it’s been a wild ride, doctors appointments, blood tests, tablets, questions and a lot of tears. i’m currently on 200 Sertraline which doesn’t seem to be touching the sides, given sleeping tablets to take when i don’t have to get up with baby but they don’t work at all and i’m up and down, have a constant feeling something bad is going to happen and tonight is a great big down.

somehow still going to work in the afternoons and my little girl is keeping me sane in the days, honestly she is the reason i’m still here but the nights are something else.

was on mirtazapine years ago and that seemed to help better but unable to take now as scared i wouldn’t wake up if my lo did and the weight gain, jesus never again!

got another doctors review next week, anyone got any suggestions? currently in my weighted blanket just to try have a little let up!

Oh lovely, my heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry to hear you're in such a difficult place.

Do you have a partner/support? It might be worth going back on mirtazipine if someone else can be there during the night (even just to wake you). It's worth at least bringing it up at your review, maybe there are other similar options?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Oh lovely, my heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry to hear you're in such a difficult place.

Do you have a partner/support? It might be worth going back on mirtazipine if someone else can be there during the night (even just to wake you). It's worth at least bringing it up at your review, maybe there are other similar options?
yeah i have a partner, he’s trying to be supportive but it’s difficult for him to understand me being sad for no real reason! he keeps asking what’s up and that annoys me even more when i don’t actually know! he’s up for work between 4am & 6am most mornings and it’s a 45-60 minute drive to work for him so don’t want him driving to / from work with little or no sleep. he does get up during the night when he’s on later shifts, so that’s when i tried to take sleeping tablets but they literally did nothing!

Need some advice here. My partner has struggled with depression for a while but recently it's been a downwards spiral, he cannot workout as he's broken a bone. Has stopped eating properly (worrying as he had an ED previously) isn't on top of his meds etc, very snappy and just is not himself. Anyway on Sunday he went out drinking, kissed another girl, ran off and then wandered the streets wanting to just go away. I had a call Monday and he had a breakdown, I went and picked him up, he told me straight away what happened and just had a full on mental breakdown in my car.

Took him home, sorted him out, and he couldn't stop crying. Broke my heart seeing him like this and what he's done too, he knows he's fucked up. I'm not defending him but for him to have done that is not him. Friends and family around are saying it and it's just not like him, he's completely lost and unwell and needs help.

Thing is he then said he is unsure if he still has the same feelings for me. He said he can't tell and is confused, he loves me and wants me in his life yet is scared. He knows he needs help and I think he's going to get some this week, he has just lost himself completely and is not the same person when we met. He has lost love for all hobbies, friends and family he used to have, everything that made him happy he has lost. He has low self esteem and is so negative atm, used to be positive but I've seen it change the last few months.

I just don't know what to do, it's so hard. I wanted to ask has anyone else lost feelings of love towards their partner with depression but then things picked up again when you got help? Or is it unlikely to return. I've said I'm going to be there but going to step back for a few weeks, let him sort himself out and then we'll talk again when he's I a clearer mindset and not beating himself up. There's this thing called Anhedonia and I'm convinced he's maybe got that idk.

Pls help xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Need some advice here. My partner has struggled with depression for a while but recently it's been a downwards spiral, he cannot workout as he's broken a bone. Has stopped eating properly (worrying as he had an ED previously) isn't on top of his meds etc, very snappy and just is not himself. Anyway on Sunday he went out drinking, kissed another girl, ran off and then wandered the streets wanting to just go away. I had a call Monday and he had a breakdown, I went and picked him up, he told me straight away what happened and just had a full on mental breakdown in my car.

Took him home, sorted him out, and he couldn't stop crying. Broke my heart seeing him like this and what he's done too, he knows he's fucked up. I'm not defending him but for him to have done that is not him. Friends and family around are saying it and it's just not like him, he's completely lost and unwell and needs help.

Thing is he then said he is unsure if he still has the same feelings for me. He said he can't tell and is confused, he loves me and wants me in his life yet is scared. He knows he needs help and I think he's going to get some this week, he has just lost himself completely and is not the same person when we met. He has lost love for all hobbies, friends and family he used to have, everything that made him happy he has lost. He has low self esteem and is so negative atm, used to be positive but I've seen it change the last few months.

I just don't know what to do, it's so hard. I wanted to ask has anyone else lost feelings of love towards their partner with depression but then things picked up again when you got help? Or is it unlikely to return. I've said I'm going to be there but going to step back for a few weeks, let him sort himself out and then we'll talk again when he's I a clearer mindset and not beating himself up. There's this thing called Anhedonia and I'm convinced he's maybe got that idk.

Pls help xx
I have been with someone with depression. They can push you into oblivion and then come back strong as though it’s the honeymoon phase again. For my relationship it was a constant cycle of this as he struggled every few months or so. I was always there for him but at the expense of myself and in the end it broke me and then broke us.
Pease take care of yourself too.

I have been with someone with depression. They can push you into oblivion and then come back strong as though it’s the honeymoon phase again. For my relationship it was a constant cycle of this as he struggled every few months or so. I was always there for him but at the expense of myself and in the end it broke me and then broke us.
Pease take care of yourself too.
I will. Things have gotten worse, he's admitted he is struggling with his eating disorder again, he's in self destruct mode. I think what I need to do is take a step back. He needs to work on himself and if he needs me I'm there but I can't stop living my life or get myself down again.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.