The Crown - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just watched two of the new series. Gillian Anderson is phenomenal as Mrs Thatcher. I can't believe she is the same person as the mum in Sex Education. I loved her scenes in Balmoral. They tie in with what I have read about the royal family in Scotland.
The actress playing Princess Diana is doing a very good job. Her voice and mannerisms are spot on, similarly the woman playing Princess Anne.
The production is very lavish and the attention to detail is superb. I am enjoying all the fashions and locations.
I will try not to binge the series and make each episode last as series 5 will be a long way off.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’ve watched episode one of season 4 and I’m trying to refrain myself from binge watching!!

I wonder if next series they will play out the death of princess Diana.

Reactions: 1
Just did all ten episodes in one day 😂
On tv this morning they said there would be two more series then it’s finished

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Iv really been enjoying the first few episodes of this new series! But I still can’t take to Olivia Coleman at all. She doesn’t seem to have any range or depth at all, she just seems to have one expression all throughout- like there’s a bad smell under her nose.
It’s a shame because Claire Foy was just superb.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Iv really been enjoying the first few episodes of this new series! But I still can’t take to Olivia Coleman at all. She doesn’t seem to have any range or depth at all, she just seems to have one expression all throughout- like there’s a bad smell under her nose.
It’s a shame because Claire Foy was just superb.
Totally agree

Reactions: 2
Just finished binge watching season 4! God that was intense but so good! 😩 (Felt the whole stag thing the first few episodes was really sad and a bit unnecessary as I’m really anti hunting) I do find it hard to keep up with what is happening when though, like every episode is a different time jump and I’m like oh wait hang on William and Harry are now a few years older than last episode? Oh okay... 🥺🤨 Hahaaa.

Reactions: 8
I’m on episode 8. Can’t say this series has grabbed me. Best episode for me so far was the intruder when he said that she’d never really met ‘normal’ people, which is so true.

I liked Claire Foy’s portrayal because you felt she put the crown first because of her vow and her family suffered because of it. Olivia Coleman’s portrayal seems cold and harsh and devoid of emotion toward anything or anyone, almost like a robot. Such a wrong choice. She’s making me dislike the Queen enormously 🙁

Reactions: 12
Watched 2 episodes last night and really enjoyed it. I like the actress who is playing Diana and I think Gillian Anderson is great as Thatcher (I actually laughed at some things Thatcher said, which is worrying as a long time lefty!). I still don’t like Olivia Coleman as the Queen but nothing will beat Claire Foy for me. Looking forward to this series!

Reactions: 11
I don’t think she’s being posh enough for the queen. I totally think she would be that cold though, if not worse. So glad they are making Charles vile with a monsterous ego

Reactions: 9
I've watched two episodes, thought the first was a bit slow but picked up in the second. Particularly liked the bit at Balmoral. Trying very hard not to rush them! Agree with everyone about Claire Foy, she is a very tough act to follow!

Reactions: 7
I’m on episode 8. Can’t say this series has grabbed me. Best episode for me so far was the intruder when he said that she’d never really met ‘normal’ people, which is so true.

I liked Claire Foy’s portrayal because you felt she put the crown first because of her vow and her family suffered because of it. Olivia Coleman’s portrayal seems cold and harsh and devoid of emotion toward anything or anyone, almost like a robot. Such a wrong choice. She’s making me dislike the Queen enormously 🙁
That’s how her performance leaves me! Guys performance made me really like and admire the queen, in a way I had never felt before. But ever since Coleman’s portrayal I can’t seem to find a redeeming feature in her at all and she has no chemistry with any of the other characters either. Just an awful choice.

Reactions: 4
I can’t warm to HBC portrayal of Princess Margaret either, I’m not sure why. Is Imelda Staunton still on for playing The Queen in Series 5?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Olivia Coleman in S5 is so harsh she’s making me want a republic and I’ve always liked the Queen 😯

• Heart
Reactions: 2