The Crown - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have to say that Gillian Anderson looks and sounds amazing as Thatcher!
Gillian Anderson is going to steal this series, I know a lot of people are saying it's going to be the woman playing Diana, and I'm sure she will be great, but Gillian Anderson is going to win awards for her Thatcher. I just know it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Gillian Anderson is going to steal this series, I know a lot of people are saying it's going to be the woman playing Diana, and I'm sure she will be great, but Gillian Anderson is going to win awards for her Thatcher. I just know it.
From what I’ve seen I think you’re right!

Reactions: 1
Just watched No.3
I thought that I would have a problem with HBC playing Margaret but she is fab (and a funny shape).
Its Olivia Coleman who I am struggling with, but Claire Foy was so perfect for the role, not sure that anyone could replace her.
They should've kept Claire Foy but aged her.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
They should've kept Claire Foy but aged her.
It would've meant ageing everyone though because you couldn't just keep Claire and replace everyone else, and there comes a point where all that make up work every day becomes impractical and very expensive time wise.

Reactions: 2
It would've meant ageing everyone though because you couldn't just keep Claire and replace everyone else, and there comes a point where all that make up work every day becomes impractical and very expensive time wise.
As I said should've keep Claire Foy the better Queen. No need to age the others. I've seen actors brought back from the dead because of a dream 🤣

Reactions: 5
I loved Claire Foy, I really don't think Olivia Coleman is doing as good a job. I love Helena Bonham Carter, she's fab. Gillian Anderson just sounds exactly like herself and her voice does my head in, the way she whispered in The Fall was too much for me!

Looking forward to the next season though.

Reactions: 11
The Daily Fail has an article online about Lord Mountbatten in The Crown, along with a photo of him, with the useful caption underneath : taken before his death. Ha ha!!!! Not afterwards then, eh???

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I really like Helena Bonham Carter, but I don’t think that she is the right choice for this role.

Reactions: 5
I really like Helena Bonham Carter, but I don’t think that she is the right choice for this role.
I think the actress who played the younger version, is hard to beat..

I am currently on episode 3..i have always thought the comment by Charles in their engagement photocall is very telling..

Reactions: 15
Like others I was a bit disappointed in season 3, I watched them all a few weeks ago and thought it would be even better once Olivia Coleman stepped in. But it didn't quite hit the mark.

Can't wait to watch this once I've finished current box sets and as season 5 won't be out until 2022 there's no rush

Reactions: 2
On episode 3 of S4 now. Really enjoying it so far, think Olivia Coleman is growing on me - didn’t rate her last season.

Reactions: 8
On episode 2 now. I cannot stand Gillian Accents voice. It goes right through me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wish I had all of your willpower I have had to binge watching it lol 🤭 this season is so much better

• Haha
Reactions: 3