The Crown - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Daily Mail keep saying that there has been backlash about series 5 of The Crown but is that true? The only place I’ve seen backlash is on the Daily Mail’s website
All I've heard is that a lot of people are finding it boring. I've heard no outrage from viewers over the actual subject matter.

Reactions: 10
Really enjoyed this season, bit disappointed at the beginning but I'm glad I stuck with it. I think they did well and it was sensitively handled.

Reactions: 1
Really enjoyed this season, bit disappointed at the beginning but I'm glad I stuck with it. I think they did well and it was sensitively handled.
i really enjoyed it too!

a big eye opener for me really was diana’s treatment of william. he seemed to become a confidant rather than a son (i guess because of how lonely she was). i know he’ll never speak on it but i wonder how that affected him in later life. certainly seemed like harry had a more traditional mother/son dynamic with her. of course aware that it’s all basically fictional but i did remember william being mentioned when all the bashir stuff came out and thinking how unfair it was on him. he was only a child.

Reactions: 8
i really enjoyed it too!

a big eye opener for me really was diana’s treatment of william. he seemed to become a confidant rather than a son (i guess because of how lonely she was). i know he’ll never speak on it but i wonder how that affected him in later life. certainly seemed like harry had a more traditional mother/son dynamic with her. of course aware that it’s all basically fictional but i did remember william being mentioned when all the bashir stuff came out and thinking how unfair it was on him. he was only a child.
I've certainly heard it spoken about that this was the relationship she had with William.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
What the duck did they do to The Queen Mother? Whose casting decision was that? Dreadful.
QM casting has consistently been dire

1-2: waspish but heartfelt. Too slim, so Edward’s reference to ‘Cookie’ had no impact. Really enjoyed the Scotland scenes
3-4: an improvement in the looks department, but utterly lacking in personality/role
5 onwards: a return to looking too slim, but some personality/conviction. Marcia Warren acknowledges that she looks nothing like the QM (bar the teeth - first few seconds)

Many wasted opportunities imo

Reactions: 2
Sorry just playing catch up now. I don’t care if the whole Margaret/Peter Townsend episode was entirely fictional, it hurt so good. I love them ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sorry just playing catch up now. I don’t care if the whole Margaret/Peter Townsend episode was entirely fictional, it hurt so good. I love them ❤
It was a beautiful swan song for Margaret 💙

I will be skipping over the funeral scenes next season, lest I become too sad over those I never knew

Reactions: 3
All I've heard is that a lot of people are finding it boring. I've heard no outrage from viewers over the actual subject matter.
Yeah, I was planning to reactivate Netflix to watch it, now I'm not sure I'll bother

QM casting has consistently been dire

1-2: waspish but heartfelt. Too slim, so Edward’s reference to ‘Cookie’ had no impact. Really enjoyed the Scotland scenes
3-4: an improvement in the looks department, but utterly lacking in personality/role
5 onwards: a return to looking too slim, but some personality/conviction. Marcia Warren acknowledges that she looks nothing like the QM (bar the teeth - first few seconds)

Many wasted opportunities imo
Never enjoyed any of the queen mother scenes I think she was poorly written always came off dim and in a bit of her own world.

Reactions: 5
Never enjoyed any of the queen mother scenes I think she was poorly written always came off dim and in a bit of her own world.
I think Marcia Warren is the worst one ( although she is a great actress) and that's saying something.

Reactions: 1
I think Marcia Warren is the worst one ( although she is a great actress) and that's saying something.
I’ve not seen her in anything else. I feel like the Queen Mother was shorter in the 90s? Not sure who could have played her though.

I’ve not seen her in anything else. I feel like the Queen Mother was shorter in the 90s? Not sure who could have played her though.
I may be thinking of someone rlse! I thought she was quite a well known comic actress but looking on imdb I don't think I've seen anything she's in!

On the subject of casting, I think they've badly miscast Blair, which is a pity given the prominent role he's going to have in Season 6. Bertie Carvel is a fine actor generally but he comes off like he's doing a parody impression. Perhaps we've been spoiled by Michael Sheen or maybe it's the dress/wig but I can't see Carvel as Blair.

Despite the comments about him being 'too sexy for Major', I actually really liked Jonny Lee Miller's portrayal and thought he embodied Major's mannerisms and persona very well.

Reactions: 14
On the subject of casting, I think they've badly miscast Blair, which is a pity given the prominent role he's going to have in Season 6. Bertie Carvel is a fine actor generally but he comes off like he's doing a parody impression. Perhaps we've been spoiled by Michael Sheen or maybe it's the dress/wig but I can't see Carvel as Blair.

Despite the comments about him being 'too sexy for Major', I actually really liked Jonny Lee Miller's portrayal and thought he embodied Major's mannerisms and persona very well.
Back in the early 90s I worked in a small political think tank in central London and John Major came in for a meeting. Afterwards many of the ladies were having the vapours over him - unexpectedly they found him sexy. They said in person he was different to his public persona. These ladies weren't easy pushovers either - they were quite used to the likes of Peter Lilley, Cecil Parkinson and Michael Heseltine.:)

Reactions: 6