Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cantturn222

VIP Member
yeah,they already spent x amount of money and had people complaining so they might as well have gone all out .
---

thats my thinking .Like it was gonna happen ,it already cost a rediculous amount .The tories are still twats.Might as well have given us something spectacular to watch
The cornst
yeah,they already spent x amount of money and had people complaining so they might as well have gone all out .
---

thats my thinking .Like it was gonna happen ,it already cost a rediculous amount .The tories are still twats.Might as well have given us something spectacular to watch
The coronation did not have to happen

• Angry
Reactions: 1

nik1231

Chatty Member
I’m thinking the same, it comes across so rude and arrogant. I’m a fan on the monarchy but it’s coming off like it’s such an effort for them to be there. Only Mike and Zara T look genuinely happy and are enjoying themselves.
Agree! I'm surprised at W & C though, they are usually pretty good at faking it when they need to.

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
Honestly, the coronation was a little underwhelming. I was expecting this big extravaganza, but it wasn't like that. Not so much glitz and glamour, more choir singings and religious speeches. Do you guys think William's will be bigger and more extravagant?

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
The front row included Mr Malik,Soviet Ambassador, Prince and Princess Himalaya of Nepal, Crown Prince Akihito of Japan, and Emir Abdul Illah of Iraq.
Mr St.Laurent, Prime Minister of Canada and his wife,Mr Holland, Prime Minister of New Zealand and his wife, Mr Nehru Indian Prime Minister and his daughter were among those in the second and third rows.
View attachment 2152846
Queen Salote Tupou III of Tonga - she gained the respect of the nation when she rode in an open top carriage during the rain.
Interesting, thanks. It's such a strange time back then. I wonder how many of the foreign leaders thought well of the Queen and Royal family. I imagine it was mostly positive as the Queen was never really the problem at that time when her father died.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Says on the DM William and Kate might have been late as they were supposed to arrive before the King.
Some expert on the TV coverage said it was the horses pulling the carriage too fast that made them arrive too early. He said ‘that’s the unpredictability of horses’!

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
But whatever the carriage should have been last in the procession? Even if they went a bit fast they should still have been behind their car?
I don’t think William and Kate left from the Palace. They weren't in the procession going there. Obviously took a different route like the other royals? Charles arrived 5 minutes early so had to wait as from what I’ve seen in the past they all arrive a couple of minutes apart with the Monarch arriving last.