Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
Ann, Sophie and Edward have also joined in some big lunches. The Palace said the King and Queen are resting before tonight’s Concert.

It really is a slim downed Monarchy as there’s not that many left now to pick up the slack!
---
Nice photo of Anne.
Anne actually seems very self aware and understands her privilege. She doesn't mind mucking in when it matters. She's probably one of the more grounded (if that's entirely possible) royals.

Reactions: 17

coconochanel

VIP Member
The thing is I know there is a cost of living crisis etc etc BUT the coronation has to happen and is a once in a lifetime thing for some people so IMO they should have gone ALL OUT tiaras diamonds the lot.

• Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
I do wonder if a part of Harry regrets how things have turned out and thinks 'Meghan and I could have been part of this' instead of him coming on his own.

greenvelvet

VIP Member
With social media and everything nowadays, it’s quite hard to get a handle on what the prevailing opinion is isn’t it? People exist in bubbles which are fed into by the social media platform they’re on making an assumption about their political interests based on what other things they’ve expressed an interest in. I’m no exception - my whole feed is complaints about the coronation. But I’ve no idea what the dominant opinion is. It’s kinda sad really, how much people get boxed into their corners.

I am sure there are plenty of people’s whose feeds are nothing but coronation meals and celebratory posts about the royal family.

sourlemon

Chatty Member
me waving at the telly cos I just saw mr lemon 🤣 wait til I tell him he got his 5 seconds of fame (more like 2) but it counts hahaha

• Heart
  • Haha

hssdrs

VIP Member
Well....we all now know that it seems Wallis Simpson would have preferred to stay with her husband and not been with the Duke Of Windsor. How do we know there isn't an element of that with Camilla? She divorced but she chose to marry someone else in the first place because she isn't really the royal type, l don't think. It doesn't come as naturally to her as it seems to with Sophie, for example.
WE need to remember :
her age
health after covid
There will /have been many hundreds of millions watching all over the world so nerves would be high.
This has been months of planning.
I think she is a warm caring person that really does not need the media or cameras around her as she is doing her charity work.

KINGAA

VIP Member
Don’t really get the whole ‘it should be your day, Diana! 🥺🥺🥺’ thing. She wanted out of that institution, idk why they want for her what she didn’t want for herself before she was tragically killed.
Yes! Like people saying Harry and William must feel sad as it should be their mother standing there.

They divorced, it never ever would have been her stood there and most likely wouldn’t have even gone. Really it should have always been Camila from day one had he not pretty much been pushed into marrying and dating a teenager and same with her just he wasn’t teen. Both their families caused the mess!

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
There's only been one kween of relatability this weekend :coronation:
20230507_130438.jpg

Screenshot_20230507_130819_Chrome.jpg

Social media is such a cesspit with people having a pop and clearly totally uninformed of the projects they're involved with. Apparently Katy Perry and Charles have done nothing to help people, err apart from all their projects to help people🤦‍♀️. Katy is an ambassador for the British Asian Trust and fronts their project to flight trafficking and child labour.

• Heart

MsGilmore

VIP Member
I’m with everyone on the whole cost of it all. Especially as a civil servant on the bare minimum wage. Have they looked into how the Royals contribute to inflation? I don’t believe they bring in as much money as we are lead to believe or enough to cancel out how much they cost us.
I don’t get the Harry and Meghan hate either. Heaven forbid he should have his own thoughts and make a life for himself. But I’m not getting into that! We all have our opinions!

• Heart
  • Sick

hannah123

VIP Member
She grew up on the Sandringham estate, played with Andrew and Edward and called the Queen Aunt Lilibet 😅
I’ve seen some people genuinely believe she grew up impoverished and the reason the RF didn’t like her was because she was common. The founder of her noble house was knighted by Henry VIII and her families royal connections in the past 500 years have been on par with Charles, but somehow people are genuinely out here thinking she had no clue about the aristocrat lifestyle and was just a normal girl.

Reactions: 16

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
Can they not put a little Royal box live feed at the bottom of the screen? The reactions have been gold so far.
Camilla will have her knitting out soon... (not an euphemism)!

Did I just see Amanda bloody Holden?
She'd turn up to an autopsy if there was a camera there!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

gossipgirlxxo

VIP Member
I’d love an insight into how the Royals explain everything to their kids - especially the Wales’. Where would you even start

Reactions: 15