The Chateau Diaries #97. The Omikron and the Asses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where did @Reader's digest go??? Day 21 tattvent and the winter solstice. A year ago BJJ rushed SJ to the hospital. Still no answer for her fans. Will it be recreated today???

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
The Boy Child, who spends hours "researching" (wikipediaing) on the Internet, missed a trick when the scallop shells appeared. He could have so easily have said he'd never had scallops before and had done a bit of reading up about coquille St Jacques. And then mentioned the Camino de Santiago and the legend behind the Pilgrim Way, and how fascinating it was about the symbolism of the shells. Not a great long speech, obviously. Just enough to show some initiative. But, no....he fell headlong into a tiger trap, sounded extra thick and simply reinforced what is already clear: he's immature, unsophisticated, one dimensional and a reluctant eater.

I suppose one could (at a stretch) say SJ is the Professor Higgins to his Eliza Doolittle. Thinking about it, Doolittle sums him up rather well.

[/URL]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Another fun idea I’ve been kicking around would be to send sassy teens to a volunteer program at a little dilapidated farm house in the middle of France in the dead of winter with no heat, hot water, plumbing & golden bedspreads covered in feces.
That would be cruel ! 😂🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
♥ @Reader's digest ♥ You are missed. ♥
In honor of the winter solstice, day 21 tattvent...

Lalande in lights.jpg

hospital.jpg

SJ and CO. xmas 2020.png

Hazmat suits should be worn by everyone at the chateau. They already have them.

35403653_396147017539451_4937541940179632128_n(1).jpg
55760266_2062345150725613_8643031429842250838_n.jpg

BJJ and Kenneth D.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Word on the street is that with BJJ on comments- and edit duty and SJ almost worn out by the stressful fear of not having content for yet another advent vlog, Dan was called to the rescue to help out with the filming as much as possible. SJ used her cousin to wheel him in and make him stay. This is also the reason Dan couldn't vlog himself this weekend: too busy putting out her fires.
I won't say that I told my Tartlets friends, threads ago, that Dan had been under Lalande's spell from Day 1... But I did ! 😜

It was so obvious to me that he couldn't say no to the Chatelaine... And still can't apparentely.

As usual, a little warning from the sidelines of the actual reality I know something about: don't let yourself be fooled by the smoke and mirrors she puts in place. This is not an absolute couple, although I can understand why one would think this. They are experienced, trained figures in the lifestyle SJ has claimed for herself too, which all revolves around diverse and distract. Chantal and Steven are self-righteous people who reserve there friendly smiles to the ones they feel belong to the same clan. If your not, their inner-Isabelle that they all embrace and are not afraid to throw into the fray, will come out to deal with "these disturbances".
Once again... I could feel this while watching "tantine" (😂... I can't with this name) interacting with others. Something in her eyes... which makes you understand that it's better not to mess with her !

Maybe it's my French radars ? 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
Could any French speakers or experts who watched Cadeaux help me..I can’t quite make out the author of the 8 volumes sent. Is the author Madame Genlis? Just interested to look up the history. Thanks in advance.
Yes Madame Félicité de Genlis, quite a lot about her on good old Wikipedia.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Comments from the latest gift grab...

Isabelle Jarvis
3 hours ago
What beautiful pearls!

Isabelle Jarvis
3 hours ago
I want to get back to read the books!!!!!!!!!!!

Isabelle Jarvis
3 hours ago
I love the pillbox thank you so much!

Isabelle Jarvis
3 hours ago
Thank you so much Philip from Germany for the present you sent me! I can’t wait to open the box!

R Mc
4 hours ago
So sorry to say but can Philip please not film as he tends to roar from behind the camera and constantly interrupt I know he’s just excited over gifts but it’s so distracting. Ps You could get a tripod to hold the camera
Judith Barden
2 hours ago
Totally disagree, I really enjoy Philip's contributions.
Gail Carter
9 minutes ago
@Judith Barden I agree! Also he contributes and helps carry on conversation giving Stef a break from keeping up chatter. Most of the helpers are camera shy not adding much.

honeytonguedharpy
5 hours ago
I think it’s reduce, reuse, and recycle 🥰
2roddmann2
5 hours ago
Refuse has been added of late. It's about reducing one's consumerism.

Jeannine F
6 hours ago
Good night Stephanie! It is almost 1 a.m. here! Wishing you a wonderful day! This will be the last vlog before I go to sleep! Thank you! Hugs from Canada!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
The Boy Child, who spends hours "researching" (wikipediaing) on the Internet, missed a trick when the scallop shells appeared. He could have so easily have said he'd never had scallops before and had done a bit of reading up about coquille St Jacques. And then mentioned the Camino de Santiago and the legend behind the Pilgrim Way, and how fascinating it was about the symbolism of the shells. Not a great long speech, obviously. Just enough to show some initiative. But, no....he fell headlong into a tiger trap, sounded extra thick and simply reinforced what is already clear: he's immature, unsophisticated, one dimensional and a reluctant eater.

I suppose one could (at a stretch) say SJ is the Professor Higgins to his Eliza Doolittle. Thinking about it, Doolittle sums him up rather well.

[/URL]
And he could always eat it with his favourite

I'm Gen X too. 53, four kids aged between 11 and 25. Hubby, dog (Border Terrier), no grandchildren yet.
Genx , 49, though with war experience, self-raised with key around neck, with desillusions, torture teenager around, various pets and other assets 😂

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This was posted to the gift grab YT community comments. No reply yet.

Poppy Johnston

14 hours ago
You told us that you stopped the Sunday vlogs in November to do vlogs for advent but the latest ones are all recent. Are there som special ones coming up?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
If she had an agent, the agent would insist cutting out snorts. He is bad for her image and the quality of her video's.
Let's face it, Fanny is doing enough damage to her image all by herself. She really didn't need help.

What exactly does BJJ do at the shitoo ? How does he contribute to the running of the place, apart from editing the gift grab ? I know this has been addressed before, he is so useless he makes me want to scream, and puke at the thought of him being intimate with Fanny :sick:
He's absolutely necessary to Fannys' mental and emotional health. He's there to tell her she's beyooooteeeeful constantly, and make her feel like she's 12 years old again.

• Sick
Reactions: 26
I wonder if Snorts very very obsessive attachment to his grandparents makes him uniquely able to suck up to her aunt and uncle? Many 25 year olds might have trouble drumming up conversation, but maybe it will be liking talking to a fellow grandmother as long as you can avert your eyes.

If she just got her booster this week, she won’t have the full protection for two weeks.
Nonsense what is this 2 weeks malarkey?
unfortunately Covid is now on my doorstep in rural South Australia. I live in a very small triangle of towns which is a major tourist attraction. With the borders now open for all we have been bracing for it . What these tourists don’t seem to understand is we have no icu ! If you’re in trouble you’re airflighted out . There’s two planes and a helicopter for the whole state . If one of the planes used to transport for Covid it’s then out if commission for cleaning for 6 hours . Why can’t people just stay the #%^* home ?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀
Day 21 of tattvent!
I need a Juliette balcony for Lalande, too!
♥ @Reader's digest ♥ There you are. ♥
...adding to your day 21 tattvent...
They have discovered that every window is rotten and the structure will not support the weight of a Juliette balcony.
Gerry did not want to disappoint PRINCESS but it is a no go.

Gerry working on IJ apt..jpg
window rot 2.jpg
window rot 3.jpg
window rot 2019.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

[/URL]
Sorry to quote myself but phone rang and the edit window expired.

Wrong link above (not my morning !)

I wonder if Phi-Phi actually ate the scallop starter? Bearing in mind his dairy sensitivities (and hesitance to expand his palette). And the duck...Tante Chantal sprinkled a liberal quantity of emmenthal over the top, and the mashed spuds involved a gallon of cream. Did the squirrel fancier simply nibble away at the salad?

Minus points to Armoire's papa for tucking his napkin into his collar. Tsk, tsk.

One or two seemed unsure what cutlery to use for the scallops. Which, rather bitchily, amused me.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The shallots (sorry scallops) vlog :

I actually enjoyed seeing them cooking ! It was like back to the old days (I mean the first CD vlogs).

PS : I noticed that Aunt Chantal speaks to her husband in french... and he answers in french too (perfect accent). I understand more and more why Amaury's french is so good.

BTW : Steph doesn't call her Aunt Chantal "Tantine" ( 🤣 ) but... "Tatinette" which I've never heard of and might be our Chatelaine linguistic invention.

Not sure which one is the worst... 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I wonder if Phi-Phi actually ate the scallop starter? Bearing in mind his dairy sensitivities (and hesitance to expand his palette).
1640089693362.png

Looks like he got a bowl of porridge to go with his pineapple cocktail. 🤪 Look at how smug he is looking at Dan filming.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.