The Chateau Diaries #97. The Omikron and the Asses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was posted to the gift grab YT community comments. No reply yet.
Poppy Johnston
14 hours ago
You told us that you stopped the Sunday vlogs in November to do vlogs for advent but the latest ones are all recent. Are there som special ones coming up?
Dear Poppy, if you are reading here, I guess that is the question everybody has asked themselves, we all wait with bated breath for an answer.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
A year ago BJJ rushed SJ to the hospital. Still no answer for her fans. Will it be recreated today???
Haha! I still struggle to believe that was a pregnancy - I just don’t think Phyllis has it in him to mount poor SJ. Mind you, I could see some Alien style devil baby scenario happening on the LaLande kitchen table - where the alien tears through SJ’s slight paunch with a plated silver tea strainer acting as a teething instrument…

Poor SJ saddled with Phyllis and mini-Phyllis

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Well Michael Bergantino has removed all info about his newly enrolled University course from his Facebook page. He has also, in the past, gone down the GoFundMe route for his 'Foundation' TheGLEAF.org. ($60 raised). I am not sure about him. He mentions his symptoms of Long Covid, foggy brain etc yet a few weeks ago enrolled on a University Course. to quote him from his PayPal info, ' I’ve suffered from “Long Covid" to this day. Problems are constant: breathing issues, chronic fatigue with brain fog, cough, lung and heart issues. ' Doesn't add up.
Other Tattlers may find reference to his Uni Course still available, if so I apologise.
You can do a uni course online . Which if you’re suffering long covid19 is about the perfect time to do it . A blogger I’ve followed for years is doing this exact thing for this reason. You are not hemmed in with timelines ect . You turn in your work and either pass if don’t

Reactions: 7
Before I forget..please, just stop touching your hair before you touch food?? OK??:rolleyes:
In the last vlog, she picked up a piece of duck meat from the confit with her fingers, put it into her mouth with her fingers and then starting touching the food she was preparing!
You know Stephanie didn’t wash her grubby old lady hands before she started helping Auntie with the duck dinner, gross. 🤮💩🤢

Reactions: 13
Thank you! The paid lapdog's amateur editing has reminded me too of a newbie doing PowerPoint. Like putting all different transitions between slides. SO ANNOYING!
I read a recent message from one of the grannies (either from Oklahoma or Nebraska) asking for English subtitles on the vlogs for the French words/phrases, because she couldn't understand what they were saying. Yikes!

♥ @Reader's digest ♥ You are missed. ♥
In honor of the winter solstice, day 21 tattvent...

View attachment 936318

View attachment 936315

View attachment 936320

Hazmat suits should be worn by everyone at the chateau. They already have them.

View attachment 936310View attachment 936309
View attachment 936312
Why do they never light up the outside of the shitoo???

• Haha
Reactions: 16
BLESS YOUR HEART. Uncertain if your language & emotion is needed to get this calibre of message across. Moreover your assumptions is only mere fictional/delusional C-O-N-J-E-C-T-U-R-E combined with improper use of English with a double negative. Would your personally insulting someone you never met combined with bad English be better used as E-N-E-R-G-Y to improve your self, your insight & your awareness.
Hi Phillip isn’t it time to pet the taxidermy?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I am a 62-year-old grandmother, no dogs, no cats, no stuffed squirrels! I do have a granddaughter that is so sweet…..and a grand doggy that is a delight!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Watching the gift grab, it surprised me that SJ, who is supposed to be interested in design and art, had obviously never heard of Walter Crane when someone sent her a book of children's rhymes that he had illustrated. Crane was British and a contemporary of William Morris and other leading art nouveau artists and designers. He designed beautiful wallpaper and illustrated many books for children. Even if SJ had never heard of him, you would think that, just by looking at the clothes in his illustrations, she would realise that his work was from much earlier than the 1930s which she thought it was from, Crane died in 1915 and most of his children's books were from the 1870s.

I thought Amaury seemed very sincere when he thanked people who had sent him something; he also looked awkward a lot of the time. It seemed obscene that one person had sent them so many very expensive gifts. It's equally awful when others send them cheap trashy stuff. The whole gifting scene needs to stop. When SJ realises it's getting too much, she tries to justify it by giving her spiel about the charity donations. Why doesn't she just suggest that the donors give their money and goods directly to charities? She should also have investigated that person who asked her to advertise his appeal for money. If he has used the funding platforms so often in the past for various other reasons, he is clearly a grifter, if not a scammer.

I noticed that the Lalacelle family have started opening a few gifts at the end of their Christmas vlogs but it was very different from the CD circus. I know they have a Patreon account but they don't seem to be privileged as SJ is; they work extremely hard, doing most of the work themselves and they also sometimes employ French builders. They seemed genuinely moved by the fact that some people sent them gifts. I do think they should avoid showing the little boy on the vlogs, he's a nice child but is clearly conscious of the camera.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I hope SJ doesn't suck the life essence out of Dan. He looks tired after being AWOL from his own vlog. Then...back to plastering.

Reactions: 18
As usual, a little warning from the sidelines of the actual reality I know something about: don't let yourself be fooled by the smoke and mirrors she puts in place. This is not an absolute couple, although I can understand why one would think this. They are experienced, trained figures in the lifestyle SJ has claimed for herself too, which all revolves around diverse and distract. Chantal and Steven are self-righteous people who reserve there friendly smiles to the ones they feel belong to the same clan. If your not, their inner-Isabelle that they all embrace and are not afraid to throw into the fray, will come out to deal with "these disturbances".
So underneath all the sweetness and light and from your knowledge of them, what do you think they really think of Snorts? I get the feeling that SJ is on her best behaviour for them. I also think that the words of praise regarding their festive bedroom sounded like a PR stunt... A bite back to anyone who dared to criticise plus the whole family togethernes thing (regardless of current covid advice) it was all a bit cheesy, a bit like the meal.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Well done, Tatlers. SJ FINALLY acknowledged Terry from Chateau de Lacelle and the chair he had all made up for her. You called her out on it!! Granted it was dark (couldn't see it) in her candlelit bedroom with all of the SONS baubles on her tree since he mentioned "we" wanted one there. I was waiting for the creepy sexy time music to start playing, barf.
Yes I noticed too . I follow them . They’re not a film crew for sure but they are hands in and getting the work done .

Reactions: 11
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀
Day 21 of tattvent!
I need a Juliette balcony for Lalande, too!
She said she can't go anywhere without falling in love with a derelict beauty. I think we know someone else who has fallen in love with a derelict beauty!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Im sorry you are struggling with one of your adult children, and I hope things turn around. I have empathy for your situation…it must be hard.

My issue with Billy’s desertion from the military is that it appears Pa and Ma Petherick did nothing about it (possibly). One of two things happened: One…If Ma and Pa (and Michael and Sadie) knew he had deserted, in my opinion they should have persuaded Billy to return and face the consequences. If he refused to go, they should have turned him in (I know it sounds harsh because it’s his parents and siblings, but it’s the right thing to do…and in the US, if you knowingly harbor or hide someone, you can be held accountable). Or, second….Billy might have lied to his parents and siblings saying he left the military on good terms (when in reality he didn’t). In that case, Billy’s been lying to his parents and siblings for over 10 years. To watch Billy and Michael laugh about it is terrible.
Once your kids are 18 you have no power or control over their decisions.
You pray that how you raised them will creep back into their choices and lives. But otherwise they are legally adults and do not have to do anything that they don't want to do. And suffer the consequences.... Usually making the parent suffer too....with guilt and worry.
You can offer your opinion, support and in my case, pray and hope that they turn around and function as a responsible, caring , law abiding, thoughtful adults.
No parent does a perfect job....believe me! But I can't go back and change anything. Nic could my parents.
You just plod on and try to do better.
I guess most adults could blame their parents for mucking up their childhood in some way...but at some point you either have to pull up your pants and move on and grow up!!
Our children's decisions are their own. Good or bad. Just like ours were.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
A lot of positive comments for the scallops vlog.

Some are challenging PhiPhi.... One even mocking him.

Many saying that the scallops dish reminded them their French roots and childhood family gatherings. The same for me.... This scallops dish is one of my childhood memories...

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Nonsense what is this 2 weeks malarkey?
unfortunately Covid is now on my doorstep in rural South Australia. I live in a very small triangle of towns which is a major tourist attraction. With the borders now open for all we have been bracing for it . What these tourists don’t seem to understand is we have no icu ! If you’re in trouble you’re airflighted out . There’s two planes and a helicopter for the whole state . If one of the planes used to transport for Covid it’s then out if commission for cleaning for 6 hours . Why can’t people just stay the #%^* home ?
I think you are misunderstanding my “two weeks” comment. I’m not saying she’s free to do as she pleases after getting a booster. I’m saying that her excuse that she just got the booster and can immediately interact with people is wrong from a “how the booster works” perspective.

I absolutely agree with you that she is irresponsible in how she is (and has been handling) Covid. I live in Florida so tourists are forever coming and we can’t close our borders. We just had a horrible wave and I’m sure we’ll have another. Our governor believes he’s smart to let it burn through our state.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Watching the gift grab, it surprised me that SJ, who is supposed to be interested in design and art, had obviously never heard of Walter Crane when someone sent her a book of children's rhymes that he had illustrated. Crane was British and a contemporary of William Morris and other leading art nouveau artists and designers. He designed beautiful wallpaper and illustrated many books for children. Even if SJ had never heard of him, you would think that, just by looking at the clothes in his illustrations, she would realise that his work was from much earlier than the 1930s which she thought it was from, Crane died in 1915 and most of his children's books were from the 1870s.

I thought Amaury seemed very sincere when he thanked people who had sent him something; he also looked awkward a lot of the time. It seemed obscene that one person had sent them so many very expensive gifts. It's equally awful when others send them cheap trashy stuff. The whole gifting scene needs to stop. When SJ realises it's getting too much, she tries to justify it by giving her spiel about the charity donations. Why doesn't she just suggest that the donors give their money and goods directly to charities? She should also have investigated that person who asked her to advertise his appeal for money. If he has used the funding platforms so often in the past for various other reasons, he is clearly a grifter, if not a scammer.

I noticed that the Lalacelle family have started opening a few gifts at the end of their Christmas vlogs but it was very different from the CD circus. I know they have a Patreon account but they don't seem to be privileged as SJ is; they work extremely hard, doing most of the work themselves and they also sometimes employ French builders. They seemed genuinely moved by the fact that some people sent them gifts. I do think they should avoid showing the little boy on the vlogs, he's a nice child but is clearly conscious of the camera.
Apparently the bloke who wanted to use CD's platform to bring awareness to his paypal funding for surgery is a long standing Patreon. I don't know at what tier. There were some comments, mostly good wishes and some donations. Someone asked if Cadeaux could be considered but he replied saying that it was not his intention for Cadeaux to change its distribution of funds but he was hoping that his link could be included on Cadeaux page. SJ should not be showing preferential treatment to her 'following'. Just because he is a Patreon doesn't give him more entitlement than those who sit through those looooooooooong adverts. She may have started a Tsunami of 'help me' requests.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Looks like he got a bowl of porridge to go with his pineapple cocktail. 🤪 Look at how smug he is looking at Dan filming
He really looks like a 12 year old keeping his hat on. Every other male is hatless and it is so rude to keep a hat on inside. Curtis's husband has much greater hair loss than BJJ and he's not embarrassed by it. BJJ just makes himself look childish and foolish.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.