The Chateau Diaries #96 The Oxymoron and the Ass

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Started Billy's vlog, didn't get far as I needed to help my daughter cook for her office Christmas party...anyway, right off the bat there was some EXCELLENT footage of Pa Petherick...LOVE me some Pa!!!!...Haven't watched Michael's vlog yet...Do I want to???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
And insulting I might add! Ignorance ? Wow 😮

I had my shots and just got COVID !
this booster stuff is rubbish!
what’s even worse is the lack of treatment hospitals offer one who’s been diagnosed.
they tell you to go home, take Tylenol and monitor your oxygen levels. That’s BS !
instead of giving antibiotics and steroids immediately.
I heard that buying one of those things that clips on your finger is good for monitoring your oxygen levels at home.
Amazon product

• Wow
Reactions: 13
SJ the Hoarding Queen. Would be wonderful if she cleared out the shitoo, but I doubt it. She'll keep stuffing tit in the attic until the attic wardrobes fall through the floorboards.

Dru A

27 minutes ago
2.9 k watched but only 463 liked the vlog. Why doesn’t everyone click the like button it helps with the channel with YouTube plus it is a great way to keep track of what you watched Stephanie after Christmas you need to do a chateau hoarders clear out. Do not buy anything new till ever corner is cleared out organized and you have a inventory of what you have. Your cousin is a natural organizer he has the skills just look at his workshop.

CG Espana
21 minutes ago
Maybe the rest didn’t like the vlog?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
NEver heard of this practice. I am shocked. Might as well keep your money under your mattress. What I know is, the more money you have in the bank the more interest you get. Obviously there are different kinds I accounts with different interest rates and other stipulations but generally the longer you keep the money in the bank the more you make.
Your bank also wants to make money by investing it, but it can't invest all of it because it has to "park" a certain amount at a so-called central bank just in case a lot of customers want their money paid out in cash. Or several other reasons.
Right now the central bank also asks a fee for 'parking' that's why the banks ask it from customers, too. A customer can keep the money under a pillow (though not advisable if you have more than 100000😉) but a bank obviously not.
Bank Politics decided to flood the market with money during the econ crisis to help the economy, because in bad times people and companies would tend to save money instead of investing it. This is achieved by negative interests.
So the best way right now to make money with your money is to invest in stocks (diverse)!
During pandemic eg in amazon and biontech....😊 City of Mainz made a crazy amount of money from taxes by biontech and if you had some understanding back then you could even buy " shares" at some boring city owned companies which is considered very conservative and " safe "investment. I know of high-school business classes which bought those as part of a school project. So it's not like heavy Wallstreet stock investing anymore as it used to be when people were afraid without knowledge to loose it all. (ahem, though certainly some knowledge is required 😜 so don't go and buy tattle stocks because I advised you to 😉)
A couple of countries have/try this system, even Switzerland.
In Germany this is even explained to children, my 12 year old got a "playful" investment /saving plan from our bank to learn how to deal with money where he can buy shares online. Instead of the good old piggy bank like I had as a child.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Started Billy's vlog, didn't get far as I needed to help my daughter cook for her office Christmas party...anyway, right off the bat there was some EXCELLENT footage of Pa Petherick...LOVE me some Pa!!!!...Haven't watched Michael's vlog yet...Do I want to???
I watched MPK’s vlog for Florian..he’s cute. If you’re not into Florian, just pass! 😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Am I missing out on this KFC lark?
I previously mentioned that in Japan there is a tradition of serving bucket of KFC on Christmas Day and SJ may want to consider this. You can check out the original post for the full context - hope that helps.
1639702704874.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
STOP THE PRESS
France has just announced that from Saturday it will not allow non resident UK citizens into the country
NO uncle and auntie for Christmas then ... thank god, we will now not see them freeze to death in that cold room !!!
How come there is not one heating engineer in a 50km radius who could not have got that heating or even part of it up and running for Chrismas ??? I find it VERY strange !

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Morning everyone!
I have been a long way behind the threads lately so in a desperate attempt to catch up I jumped to this one.

I see I have been listed to review thread #50. Sorry about being late to the party, but here goes...

#50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant. Thanks to author : @Pno

Flashback to THREAD #1 Post 1 by @pettyicequeen who suggested starting the topic on The Chateau Diaries. Thank you @pettyicequeen , you have brought a heap of Tattlers together who have seen the light and thought the gifting and money grabbing was a bit on the nose and led us to heaps of discussions on these and various topics.

We had the wonderful #MummyDearest regale us with her massive synopsis of the previous thread. I miss her so much.

Lots of Tattlers reminiscing how they came to Tattle Life and the Chateau Diaries forum in particular. Mostly via the various lockdowns around the world and stuck for things to do so ended up on You Tube via the Strawbridges "Escape to the Chateau" on British tv and led me here via the Australian channel with repeats of old episodes. You Tube gave us recommendations and here we are 96 threads later!!

Much discussion on the yellow dress SJ was gifted and proceeded to model as soon she unwrapped it. Ugly dress and did nothing for her complexion.. etc. Big Bird at the Farmhouse!!

Comparisons with Gloria Vanderbilt's decoration style with SJ's Chateau chic....

Marie left during this thread and was given five minutes by SJ to her farewell. Not about you FRK, it's Stefamememe.

I was introduced to the Earl of Sandwich's daughter in law and had a chuckle with some of the comments about the hyper talkative sometimes manic American Viscountess Hinchinbrooke .

Amaury was introduced to the fans...shirt on, shirt off.....was a hit with the ladies and SJ is very proud of her cousin!!

Michael Petherick got engaged and then unengaged in the same day!! Andrew disappeared without a trace.

Marquis de Potpourri attained VIP status - congrats to you.

Nicki from Positano came in for some heat about the new car that was grifted by Carlo and suggested they are on a downhill slide with viewing tattlers.

Clara spilled the beans on SJ's disposal method of the crap she gets in the mail. Dumpsters at the entry of the driveway have been overflowing apparently.

Selmar was getting serious about Tatiyana and he was off to meet her and bring her back to the shitoo to meet the lalanders. That worked so well and now they are gone to buy their own shitoo! Steph told him to be careful...what!!

Lots of discussion had about food and hygiene at the shitoo. Always a concern in particular that grotty wooden table in the kitchen. YUK.

Flying visit by Cara aka Fat Girl on Bike was a volunteer of sorts.

Davy was the subject of some conjecture about his sexuality. Posts for and against.

MPK threw out a vlog for a change and shocked everyone by saying he was back into it. It didn't last....

That's about it for thread #50. Onward and upward.

Bye for now from moi. xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
That Lalande dining room is, perhaps, the ugliest room ever conceived. I didn't know that Satan was an interior decorator.
No just Flip and his thoughts on things that spew up in places.
Christmas spewed up
His table settings invite Spew
Personally surprised more people don't spew after food is served from the kitchen.

Maybe it is the lalande spew variant. Very catching, and you're likely to want to own a Chateau if you catch and vlog ad nauseum.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
And according to the G7 summit, Omicron is the biggest threat yet.
Obviously in lala land and in their South African luxury home, they know more than anyone about these threats.
We should all listen to them as opposed to those who do know the level of threat to everyone's health and wellbeing.
According to the news (US) the Omicron variant replicates 70 times faster in the lungs than the Delta variant. It’s really not something to mess with. Thankfully I got my booster vaccine 1 month ago, so if I DO get COVID it will be mild (hopefully). But anyone who isn’t vaccinated is really playing russian roulette with Omicron.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
SJ is stuck with twenty somethings she is mother of the house not partying with peers. She will tire of paying for all these kids. Snorty should leave with them because the show is more about him now than her. When she realizes that things might change.
She's a regular Mrs. Garrett.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Don't worry everybody!! Omicron is mild and nothing to be concerned about!

Percy said so.

Everyone at, and going to, lalaland is also specially special and there is no need for concern, at all, none whatsoever.

And if you are still concerned after all those reassurances then you must be jealous, sad, and living a very lonely life.
Percy got his MD from mini apron’s ass crack. I apologize for being rude but this type of misinformation kills people and rarely the ignorant crackpots that promote it.

So SJ states that she loves long hair on a man and has 'always had a thing about it actually'. Oh yeah.
Here comes every bald guy with a rat tail pony. Lap it up, Fanny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Maybe Squirrel is SJ’s investment in her retirement care…someone who could tend to her when she ages. He’s practicing by fixing broken pottery and other tat. 😆
That’s a great idea! Squirrel and his husband can park SJ in a lounge chair on the beach and go party!

My suspicion has been that Auntie & Uncle are coming to Lalalande on a mission on behalf of IJ. Ofcourse they want to see Amuary, but why else would they come the shitoo in December to freeze their butts off. They don't frequent the shitoo and the last time they were there was for IJ/Percy's wedding.

Folks in SJ's inner circle/family aren't happy with Squirrelboy's presence and tAuntie/Uncle are coming on behalf of IJ to assess the situation on the ground, report back to IJ and possibly stage an intervention. SJ grew up with her Aunt & Uncle and given SJ's Daddy issues, I wonder if her Uncle is that older, male father figure who can sit SJ down for a 'come to Jesus chat' and actually make her see sense.

This may be why IJ is downplaying Omnicron because she's frantic at the thought that her Sister/BIL may not be able to travel to France.
So you think Auntie and Uncle are coming to take out the trash?

• Haha
The more and more I see Snorts behaviour on camera, the more he reminds me of the sniveling, conniving "Eddie Haskel" from "Leave it to Beaver" reruns. He is just SO obnoxious, fake, loud and cringe worthy. He kisses up when he needs to and plays like he is all sweet and nice but then under different circumstances is rude and spiteful.

We know that they read here and they know that man fans think that Stephanie is 50 after Dan's joke on her Birthday.
They put the joke in their video but were too daft and full of themselves to realize that people would: A. actually pay attention in the vlog and listen to the fact that it was a joke, B. That Stephanie actually LOOKS OLD, so people would believe it. She's pissed that anyone would think that she was 50 and he likes to Lord this over her for whatever kicks he gets out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.