The Chateau Diaries #93 They muddy the water to make it seem deep ~ Friedrich Nietzche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my gosh I’ve just watched Kirsten and Jeorge at Castle Howard . If you want to see how a China pantry should look and how a Christmas decorating theme can look go and see . I’ve been arm chair travelling with them this whole pandemic.
I had to have something nice to follow the advent this evening. It’s really not getting any better is it ? All these weeks in lockdown to craft decorations in readiness ! And the cheeky throw away line . Only 90€ is would have been that for two at ( insert posh shop ) really is lala isn’t she?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I can't imagine that anyone would wish to download the images from the "Christmas Toile, let alone pay to do so. I can appreciate Andie's artwork but would I want her images of the HMN? Who would want to print their own Lalande Toile or to make laminated Lalande baubles for their tree? 😂
Totally agree, I think the artwork was pretty well done and stephanie could have maybe some cushions done for her holidays... 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 13
That “Christmas tree erection” is about the only erection Snorts could induce! 😆

Snorts having issues “getting the tree up!”…

View attachment 911865
Seriously 😒 whist I watched it - and his 8 hacks at the branch to clip it

Could seriously see him at her neck
The gusto he placed into the subsequent 8 attempts

The retort was SERIOUSLY ingorant in its delivery

Your not very helpful Stephanie THANK YOU

Snort snort your an obnoxious little prig …..
pressure getting to you much 😈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I understand Snorts not asking to use the china, no brain and all. But Stef I can't believe she is wearing her mums pearls without asking. Its not like she hasn't got heaps of her own stuff, and she knows Mummy will be pissed. Has she lost her mind?
i guess it depends on the familyrelations..When my sister needed something grand she never asked my mother...my mother always said...its there to use....dont ask me....my sister actually had to ask me...because i have the key to the safe ;) i never make a fuss about it..pearls need to be worn, otherwise they die...and as i dont wear my families pearls. and old juwels....:rolleyes: i am glad somebody does.. Its also an expensive excuse to send them to the juwelers.. to keep them clean..and in good shape...when they are not worn all looses the luster and sparkle..My nieces dont like to wear that old stuff..i find it a pitty..I always like to see the ladies of our family in full splendour..allthough there are not much occasions left to wear those pieces..And as we are not snort...we dont wear broches or other things ourselves:D

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Is there anyone in the world who would hang foiled paper on their Christmas tree...? 😳
Sigh, all the parents with kids in kindergarten?

Oh my gosh I’ve just watched Kirsten and Jeorge at Castle Howard . If you want to see how a China pantry should look and how a Christmas decorating theme can look go and see . I’ve been arm chair travelling with them this whole pandemic.
I had to have something nice to follow the advent this evening. It’s really not getting any better is it ? All these weeks in lockdown to craft decorations in readiness ! And the cheeky throw away line . Only 90€ is would have been that for two at ( insert posh shop ) really is lala isn’t she?
I bingewatch this guy since a couple of weeks. Though not easy watching, I need like 3 evenings to watch an episode. Would love to know what he thinks about Derek...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think BJJ was born to be a Butler! But is starting off as a Footman.
not even a footman...imagine a footman or a butler looking like sort..he looks like he came from under a bridge...a scullerymaid is more suitable..just kept out of sight..

I think BJJ was born to be a Butler! But is starting off as a Footman.
not even a footman...imagine a footman or a butler looking like snort..he looks like he came from under a bridge...a scullerymaid is more suitable..just kept out of sight..

• Haha
Reactions: 22
From yesterday's CD's day 7 live chat...

Isabelle Jarvis Good evening everyone love from South Africa

Percy Attfield Hello all from Centurion, South Africa with a thunderstorm in the background.

Andie W hello lovely Lalanders, I am at work, so sorry that I cant say hello to all off you. hope you are enjoying this video. lots of love Andie

The Chateau Diaries Hello from Lalande everyone!!!!

Percy Attfield @Helen Stella things are stormy with thunder and lightning. Otherwise we are staying at home doing mostly nothing.

Manor and Maker ahhh this is exciting, right @Andie W?

Isabelle Jarvis Thunder and lightning above our heads here!!!

The Chateau Diaries @Gerald Grady Hello darling Gerald!!!!

Yesenia from L.A Greetings fellow Lalanders @the Chateau Diaries I have missed you all so much. Don't like being cut off here

DeAnn P So sorry that I can't keep up today. Found out I tested positive with covid. I have been pretty sick

Isabelle Jarvis The chateau diaries hello darling are you wearing my pearls???
M Parker hahahahahaha! @the Chateau Diaries CAUGHT by Mummy's sharp eye lolol!

The Chateau Diaries @isabelle Jarvis Yes, the wheels have come off here, I’m wearing your pearls and using your gold porcelain
Isabelle Jarvis The chateau diaries I noticed both but can’t recall being asked???

The Chateau Diaries @isabelle Jarvis Ah, our psychic link must be on the blink. I could swear I checked with you first
Isabelle Jarvis The chateau diaries something is on the blink alright!

M Parker I'm a bit behind; whose Sabina please?

Gerald Grady Hi Pamela , Philip is doing a grand job
Jimmy Connolly Philip has a lot of balls
Philip Janssen Hi everyone!!
DeAnn P@Philip Janssen Did the play get canceled?
Philip Janssen @DeAnn P Thankfully it hasn’t, but it’s been postponed to the Spring! :)
Wernan Wessels @Philip Janssen i saw on youtube were you are singing with a group about 4 years ago

Andie W lovely the fabric balls
Andie W hi @isabelle hope you are ok

Manor and Maker Loved getting my card yesterday!
Manor and Maker I *might* share it with Steve
Andie W what a great Idea making christmas cards!!
The Chateau Diaries @Manor and Maker I’m so happy you received it!

The Chateau Diaries @Gerald Grady Do you like the pink?
Gerald Grady It was beautiful Sweetheart, I miss you so much

The Chateau Diaries Good night lovely peop Our next premiere will be on Thursday!
Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight everyone thank you for being here. Keep well! Love
Philip Janssen Thanks everyone!!

Yesenia from L.A. is not happy and commented immediately after the vlog...
Yesenia from L.A.
9 minutes ago
Loved to be able to connect with my Fellow Lalanders on the live chat. I am missing the advent calendar gifts and singing. Am I the only one?

• Haha
One of the big news stories currently in the UK is that Andrew Neil, a well respected journalist and broadcaster, is taking legal action against Jennifer Arcuri AND anyone who repeats and reposts her libellous claims on Social Media.

Gossip is one thing, libel is an entirely different ball game. Speculation is one thing but when it crosses boundaries into spreading deliberate lies, then concerns should be raised and reported.

Just saying....
But Dan did get himself some fancy new (work) clothes...Who is he dressing up for? Just saying😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Latest Patreon update from the Fleuries:
Have to say . their plans looks very nice..its also how to do when you have patreons..keep them involved and informed..and reply to their questions...it will only give you more patreons in the end..have to say i dont like the grift..but as people are happy to pay..i think its the way it should be done..

Reactions: 17
not even a footman...imagine a footman or a butler looking like sort..he looks like he came from under a bridge...a scullerymaid is more suitable..just kept out of sight..

not even a footman...imagine a footman or a butler looking like snort..he looks like he came from under a bridge...a scullerymaid is more suitable..just kept out of sight..
I was thinking he would be more of a chimney sweep. He could use his head as the brush! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Can we also stop labelling Tattlers who are not fanning over Dan? I understand crossing the line when it comes to his relationship but anything that is said about Dan is taken very deeply and it's causing a lot of rifts.
Dan and Annalise are adults and opinions of them, good or bad, are welcome here. Just don't wait standing ovations from everyone. Their kids and how they're raised should be left outside, Dan's vlogs are about him driving in and out of the tit-o, drone shots and putting up plasterboard. We see very little of their parenting and trying to connect the dots and make assumptions from so little is stupid. We can roll our eyes when we see the kids in McDonald's every once in a half moon and comment why they need to be taught to eat that tit but jumping into conclusions that they're malnourished is an overreaction.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Latest Patreon update from the Fleuries:
Thank you for sharing this, I thought she looked quite emotional at the end, as much as I am not a fan of Patreon she did seem very grateful for the support and donations

Reactions: 13
Our Chatelaine can not polish her silverware herself ??!! She need the maid to do it... WOW. :oops::rolleyes:

Pink champagne just because you do your Christmas tree ? Never heard of this before. Is it a British tradition (just kidding ;) ) ?

90 euros for more Christmas decorations ? Are they for real ? Haven't they heard of families struggling at the moment because of Covid restrictions ?? :mad:

Question : When will her Patrons really wake up and rebel ??
you know what, I think I (we all?) deserve rosé champagne for just having watched this vlog, I think I'll go down to my cellar and grab a bottle (for when I've finished with work today), à notre santé 🥂🥂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I can't imagine that anyone would wish to download the images from the "Christmas Toile, let alone pay to do so. I can appreciate Andie's artwork but would I want her images of the HMN? Who would want to print their own Lalande Toile or to make laminated Lalande baubles for their tree? 😂
OMG exactly what I was thinking! And how many people have laminating machines - or would print on cloth to make lumpy ornaments? I thought I saw wrapping paper too - if you download and print it - is the wrapping paper 8 1/2 x 11"? Also the colour - pink is very limiting (and not Xmas_y).
I love Andie's artwork -- but the rest is pure folly and was the basis for PJ running off to gather pink ornaments and plan his Toile de Tree.
No one there is capable of setting up any merchandise that anyone would want to purchase.

• Heart
Our daughter and my sibs AND my parents 😶 ummm I was not invited 😶 Ooooo Kayyy moving on... but Honfleur is supposed to be AMAZING! And with fantastic restaurants too!! And Rouen is close by also! The beaches of Normandy also.... it should be said that my mother can be a bit if a "oh, its great, where is the gift shop kinda gal".... sooo... we really wanted our daughter to truly understand WHAT HAD HAPPENED there, the sacrifices made, why.. so😳 in a totally questionable parenting move😳 we sat her down.... and uh.... forced her to watch the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan 😶 To be fair, we had tried explaining it, and it didn't seem to be sinking in and .... she was a week bit young for that... so... visuals are best😬 the good news, she got it 👍 and she did ezplain it to my mother. She was 10 🙄 but! As a Gen Z gal, she does give almost everyone daily lectures about what we have done or said wrong. I, as both the resident witch AND the fun sponge get to COUNTER the Gen Z lecture with my loveable Bonne mots! 🥰 Things like: no, you can no longer eat and/or enjoy Nutella 😑 it uses vast amounts of palm oil- they get the palm oil from raping the forest where the oraganutangs live - then I show her the soul crashing video of the sweet oraganutang trying to fight off the moster machine and getting swept away.... so, while I boycott the most delicious treat I have ever eaten, the reason I gained so much weight in lockdown- I do get to counter woke culture with its very own medicine with a delicious snack that they all want, and make them all (they being her entire high school) into hypocrites if they eat it.... so I'm going to call that: game, set and match. Now.... if they could reformulate Nutella-I would really bleeping appreciate it🙃

Like I said -with the tiny box of wisdom at our fingertips-AND the Google machine... I mean.... 5 seconds of research saves one a lifetime of embarrassment 😳
You do know they are farming palm oil now don’t you ? There’s places in Australia that now grow it for use in the food production market . Perhaps investigating if it’s sustainably farmed rather than a boots and all approach .

Reactions: 3
I like these plans! The only thing I would do a wee bit differently is I might not have full glass panels both sides- hard to place furniture, the glass has to be safety glass etc - I would do it to the dividing line which seems to be present which is some sort of wooden delineation, not sure what the horizontal timber would be called. In the States the upper "dog" windows are dormers and the velux windows (that's a brand) are called skylights. I would probably just make the skylight and dormers as big as you are able since they will be egress and light. But all and all YAY!!
Yaas! Proper, feasible, professional plans! I like them too. Nothing like the plans in Lalande she hallucinated. They're using patron money only for the structural work (the 0% tax part.) Makes me question what patrons paid in Nati's and Gerry's apartments?

Reactions: 18
For my very first post I wanted to show how multi talented and masculine Snorty really is.

I think it is fair to say that his grandfather tough him how to sing and maybe his grandmother was a secret thesbian and tough him how to act too. She did a pretty good job as I like many was convinced Squirrel was gayer than the "two of clubs" in May, especially when he showed us all his fancy footwork doing his version of the Charleston dance or dressed up in womans clothing and accepting some shoes from Tatty as they were to feminine for her !

Why does he like to sit with his legs wide open? His camel toe does't require that much space, surely? He just reminds me of Kermit... dangly frog legs 🐸

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Well thank gawd that we here have tossed off the laws of someone born into a role 🤣🤣 j.k. I know she is no longer really in charge of the media ( oooor is she -prince Andrew cough cough nudge nudge wink wink say no more 😉🤣🤪) and we here in the states have a tiny thing we like to call the 1st amendment which guarantees us our freedom of speech!! ( it's our 2nd that gets everyone all -fired up if you will, pun intended 😉 even though it is the lowest form of humor 😄) the only thing we can't do is yell fire in a crowded building and that is what the trials are about the 6th of January riots are about (and why oh why... we're those doors not reinforced?!! Glass not bullet proof?! Isn't that security 101?) So, as an international site they may have a tough time, they can also make it a "private club" so long as you have a free of $1 a year.... yup.... so I will continue to say what I please when I please as I please-like the Yankee doodle I am-medical bills and all (no shot gun over the arm tho 😝)
Thing is it is international and your rights only pertain to your country . Just as with any international borders you abide by your locale not your place of residence.

i guess it depends on the familyrelations..When my sister needed something grand she never asked my mother...my mother always said...its there to use....dont ask me....my sister actually had to ask me...because i have the key to the safe ;) i never make a fuss about it..pearls need to be worn, otherwise they die...and as i dont wear my families pearls. and old juwels....:rolleyes: i am glad somebody does.. Its also an expensive excuse to send them to the juwelers.. to keep them clean..and in good shape...when they are not worn all looses the luster and sparkle..My nieces dont like to wear that old stuff..i find it a pitty..I always like to see the ladies of our family in full splendour..allthough there are not much occasions left to wear those pieces..And as we are not snort...we dont wear broches or other things ourselves:D
Perhaps have them reworked in new findings and give as gifts ? As you say they’re to be worn , not in a safe

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.