The Chateau Diaries #93 They muddy the water to make it seem deep ~ Friedrich Nietzche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From Selmar's latest...

Tony InLosAngeles
6 minutes ago
Video of chasing geese…nothing of the grand plans presented forth to everyone; we wait with baited breath on your honey pot franchise.

Princess Eglantine
12 minutes ago
Selmar surely you should be doing more than just sticking the trailer of you too at the end of this. You said you were working very hard but you are feeding geese. If you are asking people for sooo much money you will need more than this. Sorry. Take care on that busy road and make sure diesel is safe . Are you going to show us a film of diesel indoors by the fire?

Janet Melcher

14 minutes ago
The geese are yelling strange danger!

Mary Beshay

55 minutes ago
Selmar!! Where is Diesel???

vy495eRTv2Iq5ZlGQa9Ru0_g=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg
Selmar & Tatyana

46 minutes ago
There is a gate. Where the geese are is verry muddy. So he is than waiting behind the gate :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
And a fantastic location! 2 hours from Paris, close to the shore, 5 minutes to a historic town ...

I LOVE the appearances by Benoit and Nathan!
I agree! Their use of local artisans and their assimilation into their community makes them way more watchable than CD. I do think that Phillip not being British and being very confident in his French probably makes this easier for them, though.

Can any fluent French speakers speak to how bad Anna's French is? She seems very self conscious about it. In her success stories interview she said she had never spoken French until she moved to Paris.

Reactions: 17
After watching the patreon video I am shocked, really shocked by SJ's audacity and patreons lack of challenging her. The farmhouse is uninhabitable presently with its heating and water issues. There are 30 outstanding projects, not including the gardens. The garden discussion shown was just fantasy land drivel; topped by AN UNDERCOVER CARPARK in a field in the middle of nowhere, with solar pannelling on the roof! Imagine irrigating all that garden.

This all started with funding for a survey for a bloody lake she drained herself. And the lake was barely mentioned.

And she has commenced buying up random pannelling for the rest of the chateau.

SJ has an illness or an addiction - shopping combined with hoarding. As Clara said - it really is time her family stepped in or she will end up with an unsaleable, uninhabitable farmhouse with 60 acres of dug up land with a camper parked in its woods (note how she referenced Selmar - how will he drive in and out?)
Well the group chat 💬 have a very valid hypothesis now

When financial questions are posed by valid patrons

A random … either abrivaiated or fake name … pours scorn within minutes

Now the vast majority are stable working ppl - this was a bit of a fizz for them - normal

And as stated ; I’ve never once felt the need to defend Stephanie - when a valid question was posed

WHOM are these ppl that are averse to questions ..

Well it was tested for the last 3 videos and eh voila Every time - Vitirol and Never addressed by Stephanie

She’s had emails … I’ve seen them - nuttys excuses Lost serveral patrons

They feel it’s Stephanie - using aliases and lashing out

Tick Tock - fool some of the ppl most of the time

Not all of the ppl All of the time .

It’s awfully hard to refute -

we have proof 😈

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I agree! Their use of local artisans and their assimilation into their community makes them way more watchable than CD. I do think that Phillip not being British and being very confident in his French probably makes this easier for them, though.

Can any fluent French speakers speak to how bad Anna's French is? She seems very self conscious about it. In her success stories interview she said she had never spoken French until she moved to Paris.
It doesn't t bother me that her French may not her perfect - she makes the effort which is more than many do.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
So

As we suspected

No financial update - next week ….

Oh Stephanoligy…. No one is buying the shite your selling and trotting Davy for the 4th time with an estimated cost for yearly wages required for full time gardeners that YOUR not paying yourself … well

Apartments for your family
A pool 🏊‍♀️ - that matt has costed yet you fail to mention ….
Church ⛪ …. That’s going to be fine in 2026
Spending on panelling for the entire chateau - every room !!!
Spending on nutria apartment- that not ready
Spending on items that are not needed

No heating
And a new bridge 🌉

If your so busy sharing your coupledom - and neither of you have a real job where you could PAY with your own wages for all these upgrades

One of you needs to earn money that’s just for your restoration….
Time for snort snort to earn money to afford to live there ….

Stay on that magic carpet - 2022 it might have mechanical difficulties….

Grounded due to your inability to declare where the half a million is being used ….

Or if it’s actually still in a bank account - that can be traced .
😈
Right? And here is the thing:
People want to fund it? FINE - just whatever. You have grandiose,pie in the sky ideas, FINE. BUT: you have BUCKETS of money pouring in, for the love of Christmas JUST GET IT DONE, have a Master Plan, Employ Professionals, and get it done, Employ Locals AND GET IT DONE, get a PROJECT MANAGER so you can continue to fit about and do your totally useless sad,pathetic, middle of nowhere, 'parties', and your travel, and your lying in bed until noon, and your endless 🤔 well whatever it is you do JUST GET IT DONE - you literally could have 100% of it all done... all of the renovations to the chateau- with the right pros in place, with all of the money pouring in - in three years, you would have MORE money pouring in IF YOU GOT tit DONE you could have an ACTUAL BUSINESS if you had and agent and a business partner where they could just point and shoot and just like an actress you just show up and learn your lines, partnerships with wallpaper companies, paint companies, linens, etc etc etc JUST GET THE CHATEAU UNDER WAY AND GET tit DONE by employing professionals to GET IT DONE -know your limits, know that working and organizing is not your strong suit so hiring should be - make it work so it does not collapse like the house of cards it is. If you GET tit DONE nobody will hate you. Right now it's that you are TAKING EVERYONES MONEY AND DOING NOTHING-For fucks sakep

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Am watching the Christmas traditions vlog and I noticed the cook (can't remember her name) but she was making 2 diabetes cakes. One being for Philip as he can't eat citrus, however after she had handled the citrus she put cloves in her hand and then chucked them in Philip's cake mixture so it would be contaminated with citrus. Whilst writing this I can hear her talking about funeral cakes afterwards. Wonder if they are planning (Philip's demise)......

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Am watching the Christmas traditions vlog and I noticed the cook (can't remember her name) but she was making 2 diabetes cakes. One being for Philip as he can't eat citrus, however after she had handled the citrus she put cloves in her hand and then chucked them in Philip's cake mixture so it would be contaminated with citrus. Whilst writing this I can hear her talking about funeral cakes afterwards. Wonder if they are planning (Philip's demise)......
PhiPhi is universally disliked by all volunteers... Josie's legacy lives on! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Still watching the Christmas traditions. Am wondering when this was filmed as she still hasn't made the Christmas cake and is talking about part 2 of making it next week. I make mine round bonfire night in November so it is ready for Christmas. Aaaggghh I can't cope she is giving me a mental breakdown. I need to go lie down....,.......,😠🤐😨🥴🥵

Reactions: 11
@SleepingBeauty123 your experience is unbelievable! But on record now on Tattle.life.
I left patreon after being attacked by another for making what I thought was a caring comment and constructive suggestion re heating. I cancelled straight away as I could see if concerns about people being warm enough resulted in abuse then my money was better elsewhere.
Your best revenge would be donating to the Fleuries!
I took the money I removed from CD and immediately became a Dan patreon with it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
So…if you wonder how come she loses subscribers each month it is because she kicks them off of Patreon herself for asking questions. I found that my account has been removed for bullying and harassment and yet, she still took my $5 for December and ALSO replied to my questions? You can see my obvious “bullying and harassment” above in the questions that she replied to. She replied to me and then banned my account. Yes, I’m the grinch. If anyone can please explain to me how I said anything that constitutes bullying or harassment, I would appreciate it!
Now I have to decide if putting a stop payment on my $5 donation for the month of December is even worth my hassle. I didn’t break the rules…so I should be refunded 3/4 of my $5 payment. I just don’t know if it’s worth my time!
Report first to your bank 🏦
Decline the payment

Second - report to patron
There’s enough emails currently going it hits a designated number - they will hold payments for the period until the patroness explains - all the complaints

Yours is posted here 😈
Your welcome 🙏

Don’t feel bad 😞 you have joined an illustrious que of ppl - like you there paying having REMOVED themselfs from patronage

Also google in your jurisdiction for the banking ombudsman

You’d be amazed what they can achieve

She reads here
Might be faster to just refund you - unfortunately you got caught in the cross hairs …. She might have assumed you were a tattler

And you know what happens when you assume something

You make an ass out of yourself 😂
Huh huh 🤔 SSB

Pressure getting to you much 😈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
It doesn't t bother me that her French may not her perfect - she makes the effort which is more than many do.
It must be pretty good if she managed to work at Balmain for 10 years, where the conversations are in French.

Just got done watching the Patreon update, thanks for posting it here. Yikes! From the nonsense I just saw, I have a new thread name suggestion:
-“Delusions of Grandeur”

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
It was so disappointing, but not unexpected, that Marie turned on the waterworks in her latest vlog. Although I don't doubt for a moment that she has found herself in a financial morass, the performance of tearful gratitude was contrived and came across as a device to gain sympathy. Being very cynical, I'd go so far as suggesting that she set up that segment to deploy covert emotional blackmail on patrons and YT viewers. Manipulative to a fault.

Starting up a new business is tough. It can be very, very tough. It's stressful and draining - emotionally and physically (not to mention financially, if you're starting out with very limited resources). The "Haworth Adventure" might have the potential to work, particularly if Marie knuckled down and got an ad hoc job locally (working par-time for Nikki?) to cover the overheads associated with her flower workshop (i's too pretentious to call the Dungeon at the end of Murder Alley a studio). That income, in addition to Patreon ad Y/T would provide the necessary cushion for ordering flowers to fulfil orders and cover her overheads/outgoings. It's a juggling act which causes huge pressure and, for all the self belief Marie sometimes displays, I honestly don't think she is equipped to cut it.

She seems blind to the financial realities of life and the flaws of her business plan, which is effectively only doing the flowers she wants to do when she wants to do them. In a nutshell, have her gateau and eat it.

As much as I'm sure she wants to see her family in Norway over Christmas, she should have kept her embryonic business at the top of her agenda. As well as Christmas wreaths, there's also a market for table decorations - she could have done a couple of examples and promoted them. No commitment to ordering any components until she knew she had orders. However, she played on the generosity and kindness of people she barely knows and is going to Norway at the beginning of next week. More manipulation. Which I find both shameful and shameless.

She will return after Christmas and New Year. Return to what,precisely? January and February are pretty dead months, with people pulling in their horns after Christmas spending. Dodgy weather. Frankly, all I see ahead - certainly in the period after New Year until spring - is unhappiness after her first rush of excitement and enthusiasm. A return of the sulky, surly Marie. I hope I'm proved wrong.

My other hope is more practical. Has FRK ever sought professional advice about her business venture? I think probably not, as she mentioned the difficulties she had completing online the HMRC (tax authorities) registration - including, it would seem, voluntary VAT registration. Please, Marie, speak to an accountant and don't attempt to complete your self-assessment or VAT returns yourself. It wouldn't cost a lot - there are lots of one-man-band accountants whose client base is purely small businesses/sole traders/self-employed. They quite often have a siding scale of charges and offer packages tailored to suit individual clients.

The big question, of course, is whether she can sustain her Patreon support and continue to provide them with her side of the bargain. One positive: Sarah's editing skills have improved Marie's vlogs no end.

Patreon numbers as of today - 136 patrons, £1003. Y/T revenue unquantifiable.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
SJ has an illness or an addiction - shopping combined with hoarding. As Clara said - it really is time her family stepped in or she will end up with an unsaleable, uninhabitable farmhouse with 60 acres of dug up land with a camper parked in its woods (note how she referenced Selmar - how will he drive in and out?)
I seriously think we are past the option of an intervention. SJ has crossed so many lines with her ego-driven megalomania and she has no idea of the troubles she is getting herself into as she feels supported by her patrons, fans and family. She has no real grasp what that support entails and how quickly it will evaporate once things start going south and from what I've heard it is already starting to. The constant postponing of financial transparency, only loosely mentioned every now and then, is no coincidence: she is shitting in seven colors.
Selmar will not return, she does not want him to anyway. Painful to hear her say she misses him, as in real live she is constantly expressing her huge relief that he and Tatts are gone. This is how much her promises are worth. She promised on camera to look after Selmar, but now that they have made complete fools of themselves, she drops him like lightning. At most Selmar will be allowed a visit to pick up some stuff. And Ruby, one can only hope.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
13 people agreed with the Grinch comment. Wow. Sniff 😢.

Yours truly,
The Grinch (aka SleepingBeauty 123)
Bollix 13 ppl

103 replies SSB was 27 of them

ALLEGATIONS of 3562 patrons
96% of them don’t visit her site !!!

98.765% don’t post

Pinocchio 😂😂😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

She is trying to converse, and is also taking a course to improve! Good for Anna!

Reactions: 16
From the gift grab live chat that BJJ was tasked with...

Miss Bobbie Lawrence I was hoping electriIAN was going to be in it opening my gift I sent in March for him never mind
Philip Janssen @Miss Bobbie Lawrence He was only here for Dana’s party and left the morning after! Hopefully he’ll be back soon (

adriana mg hello @Philip Janssen there's a channel on YouTube called Kirsten and Jureg that showed an amazing Christmas display in a manor that had a woodland table that I think you'd love!
Philip Janssen @Adriana mg Thank you for letting me know! I think Steph mentioned their video as well - I’ll look them up :)

Peter Attfield @Phillip Janssen Can you ask Natte if she got my parcel for her I sent in August as the tracking has now stopped working last time it said it was in transit. Thanks in advance
Philip Janssen @Peter Attfield I will!

Thelma NijmanHi @Philip Janssen love your 2nd vlog with the table preparation for Tea party and all the tea cakes that Steph n Michael prepared.. Yummmmyyy!!
Philip Janssen @thelma Nijman Thank you so much

He does not know the difference between embroidery and needle point, so not much hope.
Philip Janssen @Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts I started embroidering a robin last year, but still haven’t finished it
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts you are so crafty @Philip Janssen of course you would take the time needed

POSTPONED NOT CANCELED 🤪
Carly Wilding Oh and hi Philip - I'm an actor from Australia - how's your show going?
Philip Janssen @Carly Wilding Hiya! My show has been postponed to the spring (thankfully) :) Great headshot by the way!
Carly Wilding @Philip Janssen Ah, what a shame! Although its a common thing now isn't it! All the best ('chookas' as we say here!) And thank you!
Philip Janssen @Carly Wilding Thank you! How is it for you? - being an actor during these times
Carly Wilding @Philip Janssen It's tough! In Melbourne we had the longest lockdowns in the world I believe, however I've somehow magically managed to be in 2 shows here that have g upted this year... one up uninterrupted this year...
Carly Wilding And 3 coming next year. Feeling v. grateful for that. I wrote a show in lockdown and just last week finished the season, so the 2 years of lockdowns and no theatre paid off! How about you?
Philip Janssen @Carly Wilding Good to hear that you had work and have work lined up! I was supposed to be in two musicals, one of which definitely has been postponed and the other one might be as well, but we’ll see
Carly Wilding @Philip Janssen Fingers and toes crossed for you...It's so hard to have hope, but we have to! Wishing you all the joy in the footlights
Philip Janssen @Carly Wilding Thank you so much, same to you :)

Philip Janssen @Adriana mg Thankfully it’s been postponed and not cancelled :)

Thelma, it's called BOTOX.

Thelma Nijman @Philip Janssen if u don't mind to ask Stephanie what she's using for face products. I'm mesmerised with all her vlogs. Her skin is so smooth and lovely especially her forehead. yaaayyy!!!
Philip Janssen @thelma Nijman At the moment I know she’s using the products she got in her Fortnum & Manson Advent Calendar :)
Thelma Nijman @Philip Janssen oh thank you so much. it might be difficult to get products from the UK atm

Rose can someone tell me where I can see the advent gift unwrapping? I'm a bit confused.
Philip Janssen @Rose We only opened the Advent Day 1 gifts on camera! :)

Le Château De Brique Bois Publishing Editorial 3 more drawing, we did not see Philips 3rd drawing
Le Château De Brique Bois Publishing Editorial But in the back of the other drawing, there was another...
Philip Janssen @Le Château de Brique Bois Publishing Editorial There were just two! Or we could only see two in the parcel :)
Le Château De Brique Bois Publishing Editorial Good evening, going back to write and complete the novel at dawn

Luckey Texans @PhilipJanssen You are up late for us. Feel better soon. Love you all.
Philip Janssen @Luckey Texans Thank you! It’s only 11pm though
Laura Claudia @Philip Janssen I hope you get well soon!!!!

Suzanna Garlington AKA also known as

Laura AKA SJ 🤔
Laura Claudia @Philip Janssen light up fires to keep you warm!!!! I am like a granny, and I am 50 only, but I love you all so much!!!
Philip Janssen @Laura Claudia😘😘
Laura Claudia @Philip Janssen We had such an awful storm the last two days and with the heat on almost all day, the house still was cold....I can only imagine how cold it is at La Lande!
Philip Janssen @Laura Claudia Oh no! It is quite cold in the château, so we’ve set up our editing suite in the dining room
Laura Claudia @Philip Janssen 😀🤗
Philip Janssen @Laura Claudia How sweet! I will :)

🔥
Helen Stella Cracking fire & Christmas tree
Philip Janssen @Helen Stella Let’s make sure the two don’t meet

Philip Janssen @journey to the Chateau Thank you so much! I’m absolutely overwhelmed by all the support and lovely comments

No answer...
adriana mg @Philip Janssen do you know how many people are coming to spend Christmas at Lalande? Are you planning the table?

Philip Janssen Thank you all so much for the lovely chat

😅
Charles Walker have a hand lotion with a touch of cayenne pepper..it will layvthe cold...
Charles Walker now i have to go t o urgent care for a piece of glass in my foot..i wanted to wait for your opening..i feel better!!
If I were to close my eyes and 'listen' to this conversation I would swear I was in my doctors surgery, back in the day when you could still get to see your doctor face to face, the old dears who used it as a community centre.. Ooooh hello Claudia, I've not seen you for while, how are you keeping, Oh Helen, thank you for asking but my chilblains are giving me jip, it's my own fault, as the house is so cold, I've been sitting with my feet on the oven to get warm... You look well though Claudia, your skin is glowing, what are you using... oh its oil from the paraffin lamp as it helps ease my chapped lips so I use it as a moisturiser for the rest of my face too. Oh here's Philip, he looks like he needs a good feed, maybe I'll take him some nut free, gluten free, citrus free, flavour free pie over later..... Give me strength please 🙏

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.