The Chateau Diaries #93 They muddy the water to make it seem deep ~ Friedrich Nietzche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every time I watch one of her vlogs, YouTube suggests the modern-day documentary "Queen of Versailles" to me. Jackie Siegel and SJ even look alike.

"The Queen of Versailles is a 2012 American documentary film by Lauren Greenfield. The film depicts Jackie Siegel and David Siegel, owners of Westgate Resorts, and their family as they build their private residence – Versailles, one of the largest and most expensive single-family houses in the United States – and the crisis they face as the US economy declines."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queen_of_Versailles 😁
Except I've met Jackie Siegel and her bababongos weigh as much as Stef or at least as much as Phillip...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes, that is the word ambiance and the food is really nice. Went to the one in Harrogate (I love Harrogate)!!! We were meant to go to the one in Leeds. Have seen this on You Tube (Gimbal Channel on his walk round Leeds) which looked amazing. My friend was freaking out about us taking Primark bags in the Ivy. ( I love winding her up)!!
p.s. Nasty Nan I may have some good news on the Nutella front will let you know the details soon xxx

Reactions: 5
I like the Fleuries! I honestly didn’t even mind the measly $5/month just so I could try and keep the timeline somewhat straight since it seemed like I was missing a lot by not being a Patron. Now I think they are the Grinchies! Don’t get me started on the lack of heating…lol…I was just there for the downstairs loo! I thought it took me and my husband a long time to complete projects! 😂
They blocked your account but still take your money each month ?! :oops:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
YES I watched. Can't wait to see how they cope!
Beautiful gardens. The chateau looks like a monestry. Dad barely looks engaged. Historical building with restrictions. Leaky roof night 1. I give them 2 years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I endured the Advent Vlog, Patreon Rerun and Gift Grab today and was so underwhelmed I frankly didn't know if I cared enough to comment. Spent most of the day unwinding tangled yarn and found that infinitely more enjoyable than any of today's shitoo vlogs,

- why are there 2 volunteers at the shitoo and what are they doing? Just cooking & cleaning for SJ? There are only 4 people currently living at the shitoo (SJ, Natti, Amuary and Squirreboy), the B&B is closed, and neither of the young girls is doing any renovation - so why? Between the 4 of them can't they cook for themselves and make their own beds?.
- are the volunteers just there to be SJ's in-house staff at Christmas. I'm currently aware of only 3 others coming for Christmas - Amuary's mother and Michael Potts + (Ruth, I assume ) on Christmas Day . Nic and his family only arrive for New Year's. So who else is there for the holidays?
- funeral cookies - how festive!
- SJ's sole contribution in the kitchen was soaking raisins & currents in booze - when was the last time the lazy cow cooked?
- it's time for the entire gift grab to end, but at a minimum it's time SJ tell people to please stop sending stuffed animals & pictures of woodland creatures - it's embarrassing hearing them coo and gush over these tacky, childish items.
- when Squirrelboy asked to put the damn owl in the Winter Salon I was in disbelief and chuckled when Natti & SJ suggested a different location might be more appropriate. I suggest taking the stuffed animals to their local hospital or charity for a child in need this Christmas - Squirrelboy doesn't need them.
- Patreon video re-run - all be seen before and no news here, except SJ fantasizing about 30 years of major garden work and Davy mentioning Capability Brown in relation to SJ's garden plans. This woman can't even get her lake refilled after 12+ years or start the swimming pond, so I can't imagine these plans getting town approval any time soon.
- No financials and not counting on them next week either!

All so predictably boring!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Having just watched the last vlog from Marie (at x2 speed I hasten to add), I am absolutely so confused. Why oh why, have her new friends paid for a ticket for her to go back to Norway??? Is Patreon & You Tube revenue not enough!?
She managed to mess up her own bank account somehow, and got blocked! She'd put money coming in a travel wallet? and it didn't show up on her normal account. Here's the Instagram post.
I just had my account blocked for using Amazon Canada to send my Canadian grandchildren Christmas presents..(Saves the postal costs from the UK). I've done it for years. However my bank's fraud department blocked my account until I confirmed with them it was me. Its easy to do. I'd got to the supermarket till yesterday when my card was declined. Luckily I had cash. I felt so dodgy when the till operator gave me the evil eye lol 😂

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Just watching Hannah Ricketts going round Fortnum and Mason at Christmas. Loving the Advent calendar look of the outside but oh dear she bumps into Spode. Can't escape the stuff. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Lovely! We have so many experts in this thread! 😜 ❤

I really thought there are more sisters... how many brothers do they have? I think SJ mentioned she has 17 cousins or something like that... who produced the rest of Cuzs?
Maybe on her fathers side?

Reactions: 9
Beautiful gardens. The chateau looks like a monestry. Dad barely looks engaged. Historical building with restrictions. Leaky roof night 1. I give them 2 years.
They had to go to the Supermarket to buy bedding too.

• Wow
They charged me the normal $5 on December 1, and then removed my account last night, and said I was violating their “bullying and harassment” rules. Which I didn’t. Just to clarify - this was done by Chateau Diaries and Stephanie. NOT the Fleuries.

I only subscribed to Stephanie because I was so lost on the timeline and I could not figure out what happened to the lake. Just that she wanted to restore it. It took viewing TONS of videos (and me screaming at my tv “what happened to the lake!”, to finally figure out that she drained her own lake because she got a threatening letter from the authorities, and she didn’t understand the letter because it was in French. I will leave my thoughts about that unsaid.

I just really wanted to clarify the Fleuries have done nothing wrong. I should have used a separate paragraph in my original reply. I’m new here and I don’t want anyone to get the wrong idea about anything I post. PS - you guys are funny and make me laugh 😍

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Ah and about the chapel restorer's other excuse (😂😂)
One of these days she will announce that chapel restorer has bit (bitten? my english fails me once more) the dust and we need to wait to Annmarie to finish the loo, finish the grand salon, finish the shutters, finish the staircase to mummy's apartment, finish doing natty, and then maybe he gets to fix the chapel as well! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 29
YES I watched. Can't wait to see how they cope!
Strange, they arrive and then go out and buy bedding? they could have sent a container with everything needed, its being going on for so long, lots of time for a container ship to make the journey. Personally I would hate the whole thing. Who is the boss there? who will direct whom to to do what. Reminds me of boarding school and Iris Nuns. no thanks. yuk

People who scam and fraud others out of their money will eventually get theirs. Look at what's happening to Joel Olsteen right now. His plumber found over $20,000 dollars plastered in between walls while doing work. What SJ is doing is no different. It will eventually blow up in her face. There is a reason why she's deleting all comments that question her.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Regarding that buying followers topic, from the last thread: I watch quite a few asian food and travel related videos. Walking through different areas, ASMR, cooking and bukkake videos. Buk.. I meant mukbang videos, sorry.

I rarely read comments, but after doing some research I noticed a very high amount of comments written in Hispanic, Latin American languages in the videos. Especially South Korean and Japanese Channels are involved.
I'm not saying that these channels aren't buying views, but cooking and mukbang videos are actually really popular among South American Latinos in the US. There is also a genre of native peoples (latin american or asian) building things in the jungle that is very popular. My husband and mother both watch hours of this stuff. I am not sure how this demographic gets targeted, but the youtube algorithm is a thing of wonder.

Reactions: 5
The chapel restorer asked for an outlet for his small electric heater when he talked with her and Amaury. Doesn’t the chapel have electricity? What was she talking about that she needed to run electricity to it so he can plug in his heater? Does that electric organ just run on batteries? Oh…I’m so glad I found this place. All the questions I ask my tv…they are being asked here. PS - that chapel restorer is NEVER showing up!
One of these days she will announce that chapel restorer has bit (bitten? my english fails me once more) the dust and we need to wait to Annmarie to finish the loo, finish the grand salon, finish the shutters, finish the staircase to mummy's apartment, finish doing natty, and then maybe he gets to fix the chapel as well! 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I endured the Advent Vlog, Patreon Rerun and Gift Grab today and was so underwhelmed I frankly didn't know if I cared enough to comment. Spent most of the day unwinding tangled yarn and found that infinitely more enjoyable than any of today's shitoo vlogs,

- why are there 2 volunteers at the shitoo and what are they doing? Just cooking & cleaning for SJ? There are only 4 people currently living at the shitoo (SJ, Natti, Amuary and Squirreboy), the B&B is closed, and neither of the young girls is doing any renovation - so why? Between the 4 of them can't they cook for themselves and make their own beds?.
- are the volunteers just there to be SJ's in-house staff at Christmas. I'm currently aware of only 3 others coming for Christmas - Amuary's mother and Michael Potts + (Ruth, I assume ) on Christmas Day . Nic and his family only arrive for New Year's. So who else is there for the holidays?
- funeral cookies - how festive!
- SJ's sole contribution in the kitchen was soaking raisins & currents in booze - when was the last time the lazy cow cooked?
- it's time for the entire gift grab to end, but at a minimum it's time SJ tell people to please stop sending stuffed animals & pictures of woodland creatures - it's embarrassing hearing them coo and gush over these tacky, childish items.
- when Squirrelboy asked to put the damn owl in the Winter Salon I was in disbelief and chuckled when Natti & SJ suggested a different location might be more appropriate. I suggest taking the stuffed animals to their local hospital or charity for a child in need this Christmas - Squirrelboy doesn't need them.
- Patreon video re-run - all be seen before and no news here, except SJ fantasizing about 30 years of major garden work and Davy mentioning Capability Brown in relation to SJ's garden plans. This woman can't even get her lake refilled after 12+ years or start the swimming pond, so I can't imagine these plans getting town approval any time soon.
- No financials and not counting on them next week either!

All so predictably boring!
🎯 ❤ 🥇 @Lady Avonlea

Cue, very soon, her personal story about Mount Gay rum in a new vlog... @8:03 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I only noticed 2 individuals who raised valid questions comments, but the 'Granny Brigade' quickly attacked the 'complainers'. Crazy!

So…how’s that downstairs loo coming? Selmar is gone so who is installing the toilet? Why are we seeing Davy’s plans again? This was already shown a couple of months ago. Also, Amaury still had his mustache which was shaved off at the end of November. How long ago was that filmed? Why can’t we get an update on the paneling that he is currently working on? Are there no regular Chateau Diaries during Advent? I’m getting really concerned that your patrons aren’t getting any answers to any of their repeated questions. This definitely didn’t seem like an update to me. Just another long video looking at Davy’s plans. Again.

Dear god the complainers in the comments are outrageous! You guys are doing great.

Dawn Henry

I agree. We have been waiting on financials for months.

18min

Dawn Henry

Previous patron videos used to be much more exclusive and up to date as well

Dawn Henry

I love the thoughtful planning but have a serious question. I remember before Dan was hired that you said it was really hard to find a gardener. Dan is part time, Kirsty too. Are you making moves, as in trying to contact and hire a full time gardener for all this (and for planting in spring of English garden plants) bc this is a ton of time and money and it deserves the investment of full time. Otherwise it is a waste. Start looking now for one needed in spring? Or is Dan going full time?
A few nights ago, Channel 4 had a documentary about q/anon, it made me think about this shower of vultures who attack anyone who questions Fanny about anything questionable on Patreon , yes, these people are members of a cult, no doubt about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.