The Chateau Diaries #91 It's really time for a revolution and most of all for guillotines

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think you have hit the nail on the head Rory. She used to be sparkly, articulate, and her vlogs quite fun to watch especially the travels with Gerald. It was lockdown which seemed to change her. She had not very stimulating company, Nati is nice enough. Mummie went off to SA. She had Selmar
and Marie. Selmar hasn't got the most sparkling conversationsl skills. Marie was going through some form of depression.
None wonder she fell into Phyllis' arms. She must have been bored to tears. She seems to defer to him now. I wonder if she has got daddy issues and wants a man to take over?
Don't forget that most of the issues we have with SJ were there long before the pandemic started. The grifting, the narc behavior, the horrible traits, they were all there, just on a smaller scale (family, friends and some very unlucky volunteers). It's no coincidence what has happened to her during the lockdowns, it's the result of the expansion of her audience.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
SJ needs an interior designer to properly decorate the shitoo - she has no taste! You think that would be clearly evident to her after visiting so many other lovely homes, hotels and chateaus.
Its sort of like the people who get terrible cosmetic surgery and feel its a fabulous improvement and the rest of us see it as Nuts !!!
I really think she feels she is a wonderful interior designer and all her decisions are bloody marvellous !!!
We see a wild rubbish packed Chateau and SJ see's the Taj Mahal !:oops:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Has an off topic thread here ever worked? Or does everyone just end up back on the main CD thread? I know you got told to scroll but I agree with you (for what its worth).
No-one minds a handful of off-topic posts, especially as they usually originate from CD but some of them go on and on. There are general threads for off topic rants and so on, so maybe the chit chat should move there rather than suggest others scroll past what can run to a lot of off topic posts. Is this why why seem to have lost some of our old faithfuls, e.g. Gibson, Marten, etc?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Stephanie Jarvis
is creating videos and restoring a 16th century French chateau!
PATRONS
€28,915
PER MONTH

Winter 🥶 has arrived no hiding this anymore
Top tier downsized ….

2022 January what will she pull out of the bag 💼

Hopefully she’ll evict on her rabid pet

Like the saying goes
Love ❤ goes out the window
When the bills come thru the door 🚪
😈

Patron update 😂😂😂😂

It has come to my attention that the hate site has also managed to illegally share these vimeo videos (to be clear, not a follower of that despicable site, just sometimes checking in to see what they are plotting). Whilst I don´t have any problems yet with vimeo (it is even better quality than youtube for me), it seems like a better idea to switch back to Youtube due to the problems other Patrons face?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I think she defers to men for decisions and being rescued. I remember she said in one vlog she "spoke to Nick daily". I mean even if it's a text message that is a lot. Re the important decisions in her life as we have seen it (ie chateau related, selecting an accountant) if men have told her she takes that decision/guidance). I wonder does she suffer from anxiety and can't make these types of decisions.
When she wasn't "as famous" as she is now, busy with planning all her non-restoration shite, she used to talk to Larkin every day indeed. Not even talk: they would open a facetime connection and just leave it on for hours while they were both doing stuff, just to pretend not to be alone. She continued that "tradition" even when Larkin was already involved with his current wife. Many frowned upon noticing this but she needed the attention, obviously.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
It strikes me that Billy has tried to encourage his brother to pull it together. He’s the one who submitted the forms for Michael’s Silver Button award (probably to help MPK get motivated to vlog again). He seemed genuinely concerned for his brother. And he tried to motivate Michael to get his drivers license with the promise of a car. But when Billy called Michael out in his latest vlog and said he’d be selling the car since MPK isn’t doing anything to get his license, that said a lot. Billy didn’t have to go there on camera…but I think it’s a signal he’s tired of the bullshit. 35 year old MPK needs to get his act together…Billy’s getting tired of the enabling.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I feel for SJ
Don't even go there, it's a trap! And exactly what she wants.

With respect to the intro of the Advent videos - the only part I don't like is highlighting Philip. That is extremely off-putting. His elevated status is unbelievable now. I would dearly love to know what the others at the chateau are really thinking! What went through Dan's mind as he received
instructions to zoom in on the pair toasting each other with glasses of wine? He could not possibly have filmed/edited that scene with a
straight face. What must Natti be thinking now that she is taking orders from pompous PJ? And the rest of the gang - are they in favour of this relationship? The first two advent videos would not be out of place as Saturday Night Live skits -- especially PJ's mantle decor!! Please someone tell me that didn't really happen. I am going to need therapy if I have to see any more of this.
Nutty nor Dan have very warm feelings towards Snorts. The awkwardness you suggest is their daily mountain to climb and on several occasions they have expressed their displeasure with the whole situation. But never around SJ or the new master himself, obviously. Basically, everyone in her entourage is anxiously waiting for her to decide he can go, but until then they have learned to suck it up and behave as if they truly like him. Dan has the perks of not actually living there, and he has his bro Armoire to vent his feelings of disgust.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Other than the icky outfit and yet again cooking on the kitchen table (germs, germs, germs) especially with everyone using it as a desk and general hangout area... was the lack of commercials. Any anyone else experience zero ads? Maybe YouTube has a bit of a problem with all the poo references. I know I did. The subject matter seemed juvenile, something a 12-year-old would dream up.
Also: It be my imagination but the opening looked tweaked a bit to lessen the shots of tight pants hedgehog boy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
As a nurse I could talk S…it all day long! I must say I have lost my appetite for a Yuletide log.
The French Yule log (buche de Noël) comes from the old tradition to have the biggest wooden log you could find to burn in your fireplace on Christmas Eve. It was supposed to bring happiness and luck to your home.
It was actually a celtic tradition and then, adopted later by the Romans.

When fireplaces disappeared from the houses, people thought it would be great to keep this tradition and instead thought : Eh why not make the log a dessert.
Et voilà !

Nothing to do with poo....and I'll keep eating my Yule log 🤪

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
It strikes me that Billy has tried to encourage his brother to pull it together. He’s the one who submitted the forms for Michael’s Silver Button award (probably to help MPK get motivated to vlog again). He seemed genuinely concerned for his brother. And he tried to motivate Michael to get his drivers license with the promise of a car. But when Billy called Michael out in his latest vlog and said he’d be selling the car since MPK isn’t doing anything to get his license, that said a lot. Billy didn’t have to go there on camera…but I think it’s a signal he’s tired of the bullshit. 35 year old MPK needs to get his act together…Billy’s getting tired of the enabling.
You may be right, but it seemed to me, Billy is a concerned brother trying to show his support. If a car sat around though for so many years, I would sell it too...cars do not do well when they sit. Besides, the money from the sale of it could help fund the new project.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
You may be right, but it seemed to me, Billy is a concerned brother trying to show his support. If a car sat around though for so many years, I would sell it too...cars do not do well when they sit. Besides, the money from the sale of it could help fund the new project.
I agree, I just think it’s interesting that Billy announced the car sale on camera. He could have quietly sold the car, but instead he chose to publicly call out his brother. I think it’s a subtle sign that although he’s supported his brother, he’s tiring of the excuses and irresponsible behavior.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I simply don’t find her vlogs very friendly, relaxing, entertaining or educational any more. There was a lightness and genuine esprit d’cour in the shitoo before Squirrelboy arrived. I loved Sunday’s at the Chateau. I don’t want anyone to be alone and sad, but honestly - Squirrelboy is scraping the bottom of the barrel and has not been a positive addition. Now we know all those trips in the past year during Covid, when I can’t travel, have just been excuses for romantic get-aways for SJ and Squirrelboy. I just wish she’d stay home and properly restore/renovate her shitoo and actually roll up her sleeves, put on proper shoes and do some real work. Start spending some of her own money on her home rather than constantly travelling. And now she wants to travel even more with Oliver and add another vlog - crazy!
Initially, I thought the Patreon account was a little side-gig, but when I finally calculated the
money, with no financials or accountability, that drove me to become a tartlet.
As for the gift grab it just pisses me off - the long-winded letters and boxes mostly filled with crap - not to mention the carbon footprint and money spent to send that tit overseas to France. I didn’t like Cadeaux from the start and now I despise it, and the charity slant doesn’t help.
Rant over!
Lady Avonlea your post resonated with me.

Since Phillip arrived the tone has changed from cheerful and escapist to snide. Stephanie's reaction to the boyfriend reveal took the (poo-filled) cake with no acknowledgment of the months of outright lies she's gone out of her way to tell. Frankly, I could care less if she sleeps with Marie, Ruby or Alysious... or Squirrel Boy, although I find him the most revolting of the bunch. Just don't go out of your way to make up a lie and dramatize it in the vlogs then shrug it off in the name of privacy. I don't want to know ANYTHING about their private love lives or anything else personal. Keep it out of the vlogs. PLEASE. But if you bring it up don't lie and except me to like it.

I also think Phillip's snarky comments - the latest about the Christmas vomit - are a passive aggressive attempt to put Stephanie "in her place" and sabotage her image and standing with her viewers. He's revolting. He doesn't like the Advent vlogs because he knows everyone thinks Michael did them better and he can't help himself trying to ruin it all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Just watched advent 2 (double speed to limit my pain). SJ you don't fold in with a wooden spoon, it is too thick and will deflate your mix, she should have used a steel spoon or the spatula that was beside her on the table.
Definitely not an off the cuff bake off with Oliver after unwrapping the decoration as they had all the ingredients to hand including cream... Did MPK take notes.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
When she wasn't "as famous" as she is now, busy with planning all her non-restoration shite, she used to talk to Larkin every day indeed. Not even talk: they would open a facetime connection and just leave it on for hours while they were both doing stuff, just to pretend not to be alone. She continued that "tradition" even when Larkin was already involved with his current wife. Many frowned upon noticing this but she needed the attention, obviously.
Doesn't Marie object? Surely no woman would accept her husband talking to his ex every day for hours, no matter how needy she was?
Hasn't she ever put her foot down? I don't believe in being in a controlling relationship where you are eaten up with jealousy if your partner has friends outside the marriage or you think they are cheating on you as soon as they step outside the door and you need to be together 24 /7.That's so destructive. This is something else though.
How does she put up with it?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
No-one minds a handful of off-topic posts, especially as they usually originate from CD but some of them go on and on. There are general threads for off topic rants and so on, so maybe the chit chat should move there rather than suggest others scroll past what can run to a lot of off topic posts. Is this why why seem to have lost some of our old faithfuls, e.g. Gibson, Marten, etc?
@Milre too.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The French Yule log (buche de Noël) comes from the old tradition to have the biggest wooden log you could find to burn in your fireplace on Christmas Eve. It was supposed to bring happiness and luck to your home.
It was actually a celtic tradition and then, adopted later by the Romans.

When fireplaces disappeared from the houses, people thought it would be great to keep this tradition and instead thought : Eh why not make the log a dessert.
Et voilà !

Nothing to do with poo....and I'll keep eating my Yule log 🤪
We have exactly the same tradition in
the UK. It must be the Celtic/Roman connection. as you say. We also have a chocolate Yule log, a very popular cake at Christmas. People often make their own, although they are available in most shops.
I save the biggest logs to burn on Christmas Eve in my woodburners. I also burn one on New Years Eve.
(It's usually cold so my stoves are lit anyway as it's my main heating.)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.