The Chateau Diaries #91 It's really time for a revolution and most of all for guillotines

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With respect to the intro of the Advent videos - the only part I don't like is highlighting Philip. That is extremely off-putting. His elevated status is unbelievable now. I would dearly love to know what the others at the chateau are really thinking! What went through Dan's mind as he received
instructions to zoom in on the pair toasting each other with glasses of wine? He could not possibly have filmed/edited that scene with a
straight face. What must Natti be thinking now that she is taking orders from pompous PJ? And the rest of the gang - are they in favour of this relationship? The first two advent videos would not be out of place as Saturday Night Live skits -- especially PJ's mantle decor!! Please someone tell me that didn't really happen. I am going to need therapy if I have to see any more of this.
So true, and astute!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Too many meetings at work today to keep up with you all ... so had 10 pages to catch up on!!

Advent Day One: Vomit
Advent Day Two: Poo

Advent Day Three: snot ??? mucous ???
Advent Day Four : pus ??
Advent Day Five: sweat ??
Advent Day Six: toenail clippings?
Advent Day Seven: dandruff ?
Advent Day Eight: pimple popping ??

?????

How can you take a beautiful season of lights and joy and beauty and go in such a gross direction?
Come to the conclusion - that the main problem with the chateau diaries is SSB herself …

She doesn’t belive that people actually liked her FOR herself in the first 💯
But clearly SHE doesn’t ADORE being herself now …

It’s all about the money 💰 and no amount of it keeps her stable - clearly opnions RUN 🏃‍♀️ her way of thinking 🤔

And by all accounts she’s not in a happy stable relationship-

the first 2 vlogs show her closest opinion is an underachiever with an agenda - Pretending to adore the season … yet not fully understanding the magic and wonder of it all

The cast away comment of vomit 🤮 and his peacocking performance…. He’s literally out to destroy her very machiavellian in his attempts .

Seems to be on target 🎯 at the moment ….

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Biffy did say in his latest video that the location of the property is good for a shop or possibly a brocante. *Add sly look at the camera*
I guess Tartlets got it right again.
I am sure his tenants will love him to open a Brocante next door 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Certainly not popular opinion ..,☺

But I actually like the dynamic of Sadie n ma Petherick

They create content - as befor I Personally think Sadie is one of The best aunties with earnest - Gwen landed on her feet 👣 with the pair of them - you can SEE it on earnest they way he interacts with them

Billy speilberg 7 min vlogs are exactly that …. I again personally think 💭 he’s sticking it up MOLD
to show him short n sweet
slow n steady wins the race - plus I
aaaadore me a bit of pa Petherick.. n Gwen at a minimum 😈

MOLD and arse face SSB are one and the same narcissistic in their belief
The world 🌎 revolves around THEM
I agree. Sadie is a wonderful aunt. Ma is okay. Love Pa as well. Gwen's okay. Ernest is a sweet boy, he listens incredibly well.

And I totally agree that Biffy is sticking it to MOLD! Biffy didn't vlog for 5 months, and I remember hearing him say on someone's vlog (don't remember who now) that he was leaving the Begmania content for Methrick, who was doing NOTHING at the time. Biffy was trying to be supportive of Methy by doing that. But like with buying him a car and letting him stay there rent free and all that, I think he got fed up and said forget you, Mikey, I'm going to have my fun vlogging, you don't own the content on my woman's property. I don't know when he removed it, but I just noticed in the last day or so that he changed the description box on his vlogs, where he used to say:
"From Chateau de la Basmaignee where the popular channel "Doing it Ourselves" is filmed comes a new channel dedicated to seeing more of whats happening behind the scenes. #doingitourselves" he now just has "Follow the CHATEAU behind the scenes on INSTAGRAM https://www.instagram.com/chateaudela... Visit the chateau website https://www.basmaignee.com". Distancing himself a bit from his brother, though obviously we still see Methy's face once in a while on a vlog.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Could that smile (?) be any more fake.... jeezuz!
No doubt when that was filmed - SSB was counting the days down to her SA trip … minus squirrel 🐿

So big smile 😊 not long to go on the endurance test ….

Also Philipa wasent offering constant directions from behind the camera 🎥

Dan the man SEES the subject of the vlog - her
Not the constant heckling BJJ - whom inserts himself at every available opportunity.😈

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She is out of her mind if she thinks anyone sophisticated is going to warm to her shelf paper boyfriend. He’s not endearing. He’s not cute. He’s not knowledgeable. He is cheapening her brand, which she was doing a pretty good job with (for her) before he came along. Does she need to feel superior in her relationship or something? It’s not too hard if you’re in a relationship with the likes of him. Does she have abandonment issues mayhaps?

I don’t like him at all. He’s creepy. The way he stalked up on her is creepy. She does nothing but win if she breaks up with him. She’d never look bad for doing so and she’d get wheelbarrows full of pity. On the other hand though, she’ll probably never find anyone that wants to live there full time under the age of 65.

At a minimum she needs to class his ass up. Cut his hair and get a stylist and take him shopping. She’d benefit as well. Throw out his whole wardrobe and do a total redo. She needs a stylist too. Rather desperately. If she wants to keep her channel growing, I think it’s an absolute must. If she wants to land high-end collabs she’s going to have to. Phillip has totally fucked with her image. All of his childlike behavior might be cute if he looked like Anne Marie. But he doesn’t and it’s just yucky. He looks like he smells like cheese and moth balls.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
It’s been 2 weeks since MPK released his last video (“paranormal”)…and he filmed that video two weeks prior. So, nothing really new from MPK on Doing It Ourselves for about a month. He had a volunteer (Chris), and has a goal of finishing the bedroom by Christmas Eve, but he hasn’t shown any progress. I’m wondering if he’s involved with editing Billy’s videos? There seems to be some of MPK’s “touch” on them…or maybe Billy just learned from him? MPK made a big “to-do” about relaunching his channel a few months ago. I don’t understand why he insists on self-sabotage.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I hate Christmas marriage proposals, actually any proposals 🙄
A marriage proposal should be Private !
That way you can turn that person down without everyone witnessing it !
Mind you .... Squirrel knows this and he is very sneaky and clever and will have a touch of "Daddy" flavour in it too .
I do not know how he will introduce "Daddy" into the proposal but that hideous Hedgehog will do it by hook or by crook !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I know, just wondering if an off topic thread would ever work here? I guess, no?
No

She is out of her mind if she thinks anyone sophisticated is going to warm to her shelf paper boyfriend. He’s not endearing. He’s not cute. He’s not knowledgeable. He is cheapening her brand, which she was doing a pretty good job with (for her) before he came along. Does she need to feel superior in her relationship or something? It’s not too hard if you’re in a relationship with the likes of him. Does she have abandonment issues mayhaps?

I don’t like him at all. He’s creepy. The way he stalked up on her is creepy. She does nothing but win if she breaks up with him. She’d never look bad for doing so and she’d get wheelbarrows full of pity. On the other hand though, she’ll probably never find anyone that wants to live there full time under the age of 65.

At a minimum she needs to class his ass up. Cut his hair and get a stylist and take him shopping. She’d benefit as well. Throw out his whole wardrobe and do a total redo. She needs a stylist too. Rather desperately. If she wants to keep her channel growing, I think it’s an absolute must. If she wants to land high-end collabs she’s going to have to. Phillip has totally fucked with her image. All of his childlike behavior might be cute if he looked like Anne Marie. But he doesn’t and it’s just yucky. He looks like he smells like cheese and moth balls.
If she classed him up we might end up with another Nicholas Fairhog

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
It’s been 2 weeks since MPK released his last video (“paranormal”)…and he filmed that video two weeks prior. So, nothing really new from MPK on Doing It Ourselves for about a month. He had a volunteer (Chris), and has a goal of finishing the bedroom by Christmas Eve, but he hasn’t shown any progress. I’m wondering if he’s involved with editing Billy’s videos? There seems to be some of MPK’s “touch” on them…or maybe Billy just learned from him? MPK made a big “to-do” about relaunching his channel a few months ago. I don’t understand why he insists on self-sabotage.
Birds if a feather 🪶 flock together

If you take a clear and objective view of SSB and MOLD they are both stuck with crippling anxiety in THEIR own living space

Take them OUT of that situation ( like holidays) they excel …. You actually are interested in what they are doing

Which isn’t exactly what their patron money 💰 is for - restoration of their living accommodations

Had they set patron up to be a travel vlog …. There wouldn’t be this disconnect.😈

In all my years I’ve never seen so much poo 💩 associated with advent 😊😊

This popped up on alerts as a new thread 🧵

So it’s not just us tartlets 😂😂😂

Jack Monroe #226 “Sticky Brown Pooâ€

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think I’m cured of any lingering hopes of getting back to the old vlogs of La Lande et al. I had a YouTube binge tonight and not once was I remotely temped to watch CD. Caught up with Dan, Lalacelle and La Ferte and had no desire for any more.
They are the only three I watch.

Reactions: 7
I agree she should get a stylist for her and another for the Chateau as its a jumbled mess !
If she wants to keep Squirrel Boy ---- and she will be "keeping him$$ " as he is a lazy grifter then.... he really needs a Make-Over. Big Time !!
But the thing is ......... SJ and Squirrel won't be told a bloody thing !!!
They are so knowledgeable and professional - I have one word - Christies! :oops::sick:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I watched the Pethericks Future Project video. I wonder what MPK thinks of his little brother pursuing investment opportunities? Clearly, if Gwen and Billy have the money to buy that property, they could fund the completion of the cottage. I mean…it is their cottage after all, not MPK’s. I guess they’d rather have patrons fund it (if Michael can keep them from dropping out). Looks like Billy confirmed Michael could get his license if he tried…he just doesn’t want to do it. If the promise of a car didn’t incent MPK to get his license, I don’t know what will (quit enabling him by driving him around all the time?). Maybe Billy should invest the proceeds from the car sale into the cottage since it was meant for MPK anyway?

Reactions: 22
If she classed him up we might end up with another Nicholas Fairhog
But....... Nic Tightpants can dress a table beautifully and his interiors are lovely and well coordinated .
Squirrel Boyfriend , even looking like a modern day Gentleman cannot do diddy squat with decorating a table or a Chateau !

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree she should get a stylist for her and another for the Chateau as its a jumbled mess !
If she wants to keep Squirrel Boy ---- and she will be "keeping him$$ " as he is a lazy grifter then.... he really needs a Make-Over. Big Time !!
But the thing is ......... SJ and Squirrel won't be told a bloody thing !!!
They are so knowledgeable and professional - I have one word - Christies! :oops::sick:
SJ needs an interior designer to properly decorate the shitoo - she has no taste! You think that would be clearly evident to her after visiting so many other lovely homes, hotels and chateaus.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
But....... Nic Tightpants can dress a table beautifully and his interiors are lovely and well coordinated .
Squirrel Boyfriend , even looking like a modern day Gentleman cannot do diddy squat with decorating a table or a Chateau !
I guess that confirms Squirrel Boyfriend is straight…I haven’t met a gay man yet who couldn’t beautifully decorate a table! 😆 (maybe that’s his ruse to make us think he’s straight!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.