Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wilhelm

Stephanie even knows to remove the wiring and burlap ... she's the boss ... and Dan should have listened to her ... but no ....

He was hired to weed the garden, mow the lawns, and plant vegetables and flowers .... Davy's stuff is over his head. (and I'm generally Dan-positive, but yeah, this was not a good vlog for Dan the man)

Wanna bet off camera they go dig them up and take that stuff off the roots and replant ...
I have a feeling Dan was just to lazy to do it right...

Reactions: 6

Rose Cafe

All this talk about ASMR and making your head tingle. Just use the gadget below. You don't need to watch whispering women. There's one for Ruby too.
Hahaha! I love Asmr! It helps me relax! I remember when people thought it was some kind of weird sexual fetish and it's nothing of the kind. If you have anxiety, it can be really soothing. Some ASMR artists I recommend are: Gentle whispering, WhispersRed, FastAsmr, CarolineAsmr, Goodnight Moon (her Babblebrook series is like truly a creative feat in props and storytelling!).🥰

• Wow
  • Heart

Reader's digest

VIP Member
What about local businesses ?

What about global warming ? Carbon print ?

I forgot : Lalande doesn't know anything about all this.

To get trees from Belgium (!) when they can get them locally ?

Here's the problem. But obviously this is not a problem for everyone. Each to their own.
I was joking.... 😘

• Haha

silvergirl

Chatty Member
Kirsty seems pretty genuine as well. And I like builder Ian even as I don't agree with his type of building work.

Oh, and the tree guy is an authentic eccentric!
...possibly...add dan back in there too...something tells me he has learned his lesson...

Are Hornbeam trees the same or related to Linden?
Hornbeams are hardwood trees in the flowering plant genus Carpinus in the birch family Betulaceae. The 30–40 species occur across much of the temperate regions of the Northern Hemisphere.

Tilia is a genus of about 30 species of trees or bushes, native throughout most of the temperate Northern Hemisphere. The tree is known as linden for the European species, and basswood for North American species.[1][2] In Britain and Ireland they are commonly called lime trees, although they are not related to the tree that produces the citrus fruit lime. Tilia species are mostly large, deciduoustrees, reaching typically 20 to 40 m (65 to 130 ft) tall, with oblique-cordate leaves 6 to 20 cm (2+1⁄4 to 7+3⁄4 in) across. As with elms, the exact number of species is uncertain, as many of the species can hybridise readily, both in the wild and in cultivation. They are hermaphroditic, having perfect flowerswith both male and female parts, pollinated by insects.

• Heart

nastynan13

Chatty Member
Regarding the poems on the Stones/boulders..I'll start it off.

There was a woman in France
Who loved to dress up and dance
With her much younger beau
In her crumbling chateau
They no longer hid their romance.

That's a bit rubbish I know.. shall we keep them coming or is that derailing?
Omg-that was dee-lish!!

• Heart

Wilhelm

Dan and New Gay are wrong to plant those trees with the ball packing still on!

View attachment 898351

Jon L
3 minutes ago (edited)
Sorry, but generally, most forestry experts advise that the ball packing around the roots (treated burlap and wire) of new trees be removed completely before planting.
Izby
5 hours ago (edited)
It's generally a good idea to just take the wire cages off trees before planting. This is especially true with trees that get very big like evergreens. They can be fine for up to 20 or 30 years, but their roots can be stumped by the cage and are prone to falling in storms.
Jen Clark
5 hours ago
You guys should actually be removing the wire that wraps around the trunk of the trees. If it's left, as the tree trunks expand, the wire can strangle the tree. Those trees are absolutely beautiful! The size on the takes is usually a ten-year size estimate. You're right, Stephanie, they will keep growing beyond that.
ghostdlite :D
5 hours ago
Steel cages on trees need to be removed for trees root ball to grow strong. If the tree gets big and you have strong winds the tree may fall over more easily.

TREE EXPERTS AGREE, BUT WHAT THE HECK, DAN THE GARDENER KNOWS BETTER.
Because Dan isn't a gardner.He can only use a digger.Not sure he can mow either ,the grass is always dried up and too short....

Freesia54

VIP Member
I use a tshirt to dry mine so just damp and then twist it into a roll and leave it to dry when up. By the evening it is perfect Rita curls. I only use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner too and no hairbrushing.
He needs some frizeez... that will give some body and curl instead of frizz

• Haha
  • Heart

shaken&stirred

Chatty Member
I appreciate your passion and feel the same way. Another thing that makes US based health care so bad is that it is a for-profit system with insurance agencies dictating what is and what isn't covered, sometimes AFTER you have already paid an outrageous deductible. It's capitalism over all here and it's going to bite them in the ass eventually as doctors & nurses are so burnt out that they're leaving the profession in droves. One recent study stated they're jumping ship at four times the rate than prior to the pandemic. It's a giant mess. One of the reasons I started watching CD was because it's based in France and I'd contemplated moving there at some point because the houses are affordable and the health care is decent.

Now that you mention it...I have to go bleach my brain. 😂
There are people moving to Honduras, Costa Rica, etc. as well just to have some quality of life and good medical care. I interviewed hundreds of people before the aca passed and it nearly killed me. It’s outrageous.

Silascat

My bet what 'surprise' gifts she'll receive from Snorts
Florence: Monogrammed Venetian slippers
Paris: Cire Trudon scented candle, mini size
London: F&M tea or an ornamental plate from Liberty's matching the set she buys.

I have a bad feeling he'll propose on Christmas eve.
I hope he does ...haha

Reactions: 5

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
I found this!
I found the same ! Posted the link above. (in english when you click on it).

Reactions: 5