Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LadyoftheEast

Last night I watched Sarah Beenys New Life in the Countryside on Channel 4. Sarah is a presenter/ property developer, her husband a successful artist. The series follows them building a mansion on farmland, using their own money and bank loans. you watch the series, it makes you feel warm and cuddly, but, it also makes you reflect on these money grabbing bastards in Shitoland, who have absolutely no shame .
I love Sarah and was thinking that SJ really needs to take some leaves out of her book.. Did you see the series where she and hubbie restored a stately home? It was stunning.

• Wow
Reactions: 8

marthamilligancef

Chatty Member
They are unbelievable. She actually said that they don't want to go begging to the bank, no, they just want to beg from strangers. They are totally immoral and do those would be supporters know the real reason they don't want to go to the bank? The fact is that she was declared bankrupt!

I wonder if she had her ears done in Turkey; they are so strange. She is daft enough to want to look like an elf; they really don't look natura
They are unbelievable. She actually said that they don't want to go begging to the bank, no, they just want to beg from strangers. They are totally immoral and do those would be supporters know the real reason they don't want to go to the bank? The fact is that she was declared bankrupt!

I wonder if she had her ears done in Turkey; they are so strange. She is daft enough to want to look like an elf; they really don't look natural at all!
Did she really get her ears done like that on purpose?

• Haha

Ann G.

Chatty Member
Hi there, worked in social policy in Canada. Just an update, they have been addressing homelessness for over 10 years with a specific strategy to deal with homelessness. Numbers have actually declined significantly, people are given a home first, then get appropriate support services, if they want them - albeit, funding for alcohol and drug dependency are still significantly lacking. I bet Stephanie's $40.000 CAD per month could help support a lot of treatment centres in France.
I'm glad to hear that Canada is adopting the Finnish model for eradicating homelessness...I wish they would adopt the same in the states, but over here we tend to keep repeating the same failed policies because change is hard. Even a small percentage donated monthly from madame's vlogs would help. Other than her recent declaration to donate to the local community center, has she ever donated towards helping addicts or homeless (or anyone for that matter) in France? I know she donated to an art program for differently abled folks in the UK, but I don't recall much in the way of funds going to help those in the country she is based out of.

• Heart

Boohoo67

I love how Amaury treats the whole girlygirl thing like a joke. "The more you pump it"...

WMGL

VIP Member
Good morningTartlets!
The whole tree planting scene felt very chaotic. Where they expecting the trees?
Was the delivery a surprise?
Presumably they knew and could have got the soil ready, with compost and a feed for the new arrivals.
Trees can be planted any time between about late October and March as the tree will be dormant and less susceptible to transplant shock . The weather shouldn't be extremely cold or the ground frozen solid. I don't know why the hessian and wire was left on. It will restrict root growth. I've never seen this left on trees before, could it be to restrict growth and keep the trees dwarf?
I've been involved in a tree planting scheme in the UK and its common practice to "heel trees in" until you know where their final position is . Its usually saplings though, you dig a trench, lay the saplings root down and fill in with a shallow covering of soil and press down with your heel to secure the plant. You can then decide where each tree is going at leisure and its easy to dig up to plant in its final position. Could this be the intention here?
But unfair to blame Dan if it all goes wrong. He's a part time handyman/gardener, just good at keeping the garden tidy, planting up vegetable beds etc. . You need a head gardener/garden designer with experience of landscaping to do this sort of formal layout. Davy should have taken responsibility for all of this.
Yes Davy should have taken responsibility and also helped.

Ack. Ok. As the resident bitch on this site -even I have to take offense at the "R" word. Beyond out of date. It's like calling someone "oriental" or "colored" -super offensive. I have a high needs or special needs brother who would literally give his life to live one day and be able to write bitchy things on a gossip site. I heard something so cheesey and yet so true once in -of all places- a soul cycle class. The instructor said "just remember, regardless of how crappy your day was today, you are sitting in this class, and just by that act, you are living someone else's dream life". Of course my mind flew to my brother, countless refugees, people who didn't get to pick up their kids from school today because some asshole shot them etc-so like an asshole I burst into tears in my exercise class. But-thank the lord, it was ok, because it's done in night club like darkness and I hide in the back -so no humiliation. But-please be aware. Thank you.
RETIRE THE R WORD PLEASE!

• Heart

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
In order to destroy a bad portion of my thyroid which also had a nodule pressing toward my windpipe, I was prescribed radioactive iodine therapy - literally one pill delivered in a lead case to me alone in a room - to the tune of $10,000. No insurance at the time.
Jeezuz! I've had that free on the NHS. Didn't know it cost that much! When they gave it to me they were trying to get as far away as they could. Then they told me to go sit in a room full of pensioners waiting to go home. 🌬🤷🤦. I didn't of course. I'm not that evil.

Who Heathcliffe???
They are totally crazy. The idea with the big stones from the quarry, there will be no transition to the forest, but an interruption. Having poems chiselled in is a crazy idea. She has no clue what such stones look like. In order to be able to chisel something in, the surface still has to be worked on by a stonemason. And Dan had just said that the stones would be overgrown by moss....in no time at all you wouldn't see anything of the poem 🤦‍♀️.
Draw in the moss?

Last edited:
  • Wow

Reader's digest

VIP Member
i literally could not *afford* to have a baby right now. hows that for my body my choice 😐
Trust me, don't stop having a baby just because of money. They are not that expensive... They don't need anynthing of this stuff commercials make you believe. You will see people will give you so much as presents and also for free because they happy to get rid of it. Also everybody helps, you would be astound how many people care.
Don't postpone it because you wait for better times.... Now is the best time. 😊

• Heart

KiKiGee

VIP Member
@11:03 we see SJ modeling the dress she was wearing in yesterday's advent flog... 🤪 Why would anyone style it with boots???

• Wow
  • Sick

Maple fairy

VIP Member
@nastynan13 we just don’t have the population that California has so the numbers are lower. The population of Canada is less by a million plus change. I was in San Diego a number of years ago and we took an airport bus to our destination Coronado however we went through the area where the Salvation Army is located. Was gobsmacked by the numbers. Very jarring contrast to Coronado. The population of my province is less than 800,000. A lot of the homeless are mobile so they winter in Vancouver and summer in other areas during the summer months.The numbers here are truly shocking.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7