Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

00Seven

For a garden designer he's very confused 🤷‍♀️ It doesn't help that Dan the Gardener is as clueless. I like Dan but don't understand why he was hired.
I don't think that Dan is clueless, but I do wonder if he's the right man for the job in its current iteration. The garden has changed a lot since he was first hired, and the original version of his job was essentially to assist IJ with a vegetable garden. Now he's in charge of the courtyard, walled garden/orchard, all of the lawns, maintaining the forest, as well as future plans for a jardin a l'anglaise, parterres on the back lawn, and a formal french garden, and not to mention all of the handyman/building work. He has nothing to do with the design, the ordering, or the timing, and yet he's being expected to execute their vision flawlessly.

To me it's just a completely different job, and I think Dan could possibly do it but I think he would need a lot more support from Davy and SJ. I know nothing about planting trees, but if they needed to go in the ground 6 weeks ago then Davy should have ordered them 6 weeks ago. I know nothing about the mesh, so I won't touch on that (although I agree that it seems like it should have come off - but maybe he knew it was all gonna die and didn't want to waste time lol).

I can't help but compare Dan to my own gardeners, who do a marvellous job with my postage stamp sized front and back yards, but would probably be way out of their depth if tasked with executing a vision like what SJ and Davy want to do at Lalande.

I also really question the logic behind some of Davy's plans. I vaguely remember trees going in the courtyard, which I dislike from a design perspective but also question how they'll do in that ground. We've seen the state of the soil there, and we also know its full of pipes - is that really the best place to plant four trees?

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Jikki2

Chatty Member
16th century panelling
1638309126352.png

SJ's Versailled up panelling
1638309255391.png

Hey tone-deaf grifter, how is this bringing back anything original?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

Jikki2

Chatty Member
It gets worse. I sincerely hope they never get enough money to buy that Chateaux. Who on earth do they think they are? The arrogance is unbelievable, and I'm being polite :mad:
No worries, someone already crunched the numbers with retention rates on previous thread but I can also put it this way:

4% of the campaign time has elapsed and they haven't pledged even 2% of their goal.
Stefanny's vlog was their best marketing platform and it failed. Any campaign just loses momentum towards the end so there's literally no chance in hell that Tatty&Silly will reach their funding goal.

And I am GUTTED! I was so looking forward to attending one of Valdania Medieval Fyre Festivals!
I was also so hoping to see the live performance of their new interpretive dance called "Elephant with Arthritis".

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Jikki2

Chatty Member
I feel so sorry for Teabeg…wearing his teddy bear sweater again. Poor thing must not own any other clothes. It’s Christmas…a time for charity. Should we take up a collection and send him a clothing care package? 😊View attachment 900165
I think Teabeg just didn't have room for clothes in his Louis Vuitton bags. All the space was taken up by gin, "snow" and royal jam. We must help him fundraise for new luggage again.

1638400855799.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

nastynan13

Chatty Member
I wouldn’t get misty eyed about universal healthcare, as our NHS is currently a complete disaster. Massive waiting lists and no gp ( local doctor) appointments available, so people are resorting to going to A&E instead, which then clogs that up for genuine Emergency patients.
OK? But in some places it works and nobody dies because they don't have the money. Literally little kids die because their parents can't afford their inhalers which just tripled in price for no reason so insurance won't cover it. Also nobody becomes HOMELESS - Literally TENS OF THOUSANDS IN EVERY STATE become homeless every year because of medical bills. Like I said-this is going to wipe us out and affect our credit-probably until we die. Literally welcome to Beautiful Venice Beach and lovely Los Angeles-city of dreams. This is every freeway overpass. These are not immigrants or refugees-we are too far north and they are pretty good about keeping those poor guys locked up. These are our citizens-about 50% veterans with serious mental health issues and so many of them with gulf War syndrome-because when they detonated the stashed ordinance-they were COVERED in sararnin (sp? ) gas.... so they were breathing in deadly nerve gas. Oh, and the toxic fumes from the burning oil wells. But that's how the wealthiest and most powerful country in the world treats its citizens. So yup, I'm going to get a little misty eyed over socialized medicine. I grew up in Canada-BC, never waited for anything. When our daughter was sick as an infant-ZERO waiting time at children's hospital-why? Because NOBODY had to use it as primary care. When I just recently had a skull fracture, massive concussion, shattered wrist-at a VERY unnatural angle, and a screwed up foot, I took an ambulance three blocks to the hospital-ya know... SKULL FRACTURE and all. Insurance is saying -it was close enough to have gotten there by other means -so... 3k for you!! Wtf..... what the actual F?? Oh maybe an uber?? Even WITH insurance paying it's going to be about 1k-1.5k and we have a PPO platinum level.... so the fanciest we could get... I mean... and THATS before I stepped in the door. Here's the thing, before I said ok... call the ambulance I tried SO HARD to get out the door... all because I was thinking about the cost......

Attachments

• Sad
  • Heart

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
Hold on !

Did they really order all these trees and plants from... Belgium ?! And got them delivered by a Belgian truck ?!

Are they mad ?? :mad:

And they wonder why no local French tradesmen want to work for them ??!

• Heart
  • Haha

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
I have an urge to cut all heels off Ms. Jarvis's shoes. What on earth is the woman doing in gardens and forest in 9 inch heels? It is not classy. It makes her look like a lady of lesser intelligence. Ghastly! Dana is a hot woman, lovely figure! She looked fab in that wonder woman costume. Pathetic how they tried to not film Ann Marie and Nati dancing together, we know. Just like we knew about the Barbados trip being a bonk fest honeymoon.

• Haha
  • Heart

Pekey

VIP Member
Age with grace is what I say, and shine with your confidence and experience that life has given you. I have had a serious conversation with my wife about this, because I could not accept her going down the pillow face route. She spends a lot on her looks and I don't mind that, but there are limits. I agreed to lids being done and tightening of skin on jaw, but no more surgery. I would actually go as far as demanding a contract if she was not in agreement with me, but we did thankfully agree. Aging women are quite sexy to me to be honest, if they are happy in their own skin! They are better company than the hot young chicks. I am sure Squirrel nutkin beanyboy would agree.
So Heathcliffe ...... what did your wife think of your looks and the way you are "aging with grace" ?

Did she talk about all that cosmetic surgery you have had ???

The Tartlets of Tattle noticed you have been away so .... give ..... you went to Turkey for those elf ears didn't you !!!! 👂 😁

• Haha
  • Heart

Patriciarella

VIP Member
5B9169FB-3245-4C51-BDA9-C336D9A609C6.jpeg

I can not compete with SJ’s men: Ian fixed ceiling, Dan dug hole, Annmarie explained insulation, Olly exercised, Michael danced, Davey planned the garden, Electrician has a boat and even the new gay put in a tree. I took her credit card and bought this. She will love it, I love it.

• Haha
  • Heart

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
Re. The Big Revelation vlog.

I wonder if Selmar and Tatyana will answer all the questions...

David D
2 hours ago
You only need 2 doses of Moderna + one booster to have a face-off with COVID You will need a thousand doses of reality checks to make you realize that you should only buy a house you can afford. While I am all for following one's dreams, It is silly to ask strangers to help you live in a chateau you can't even pay half. Buy a 3 bedroom flat if that is all you can afford + a little garden and put up a dancing studio in another space if that is your dream. Was the chateau Selmar's dream or just Tatyana's? Selmar seems happy living in his camper moving around. Buy a cheap farmhouse in France, renovate it, and dance all you want. I'm sure most of them have barns where you can do tangos A dream needs sound business plans to become reality Dreams with no viable plans will turn into nightmares
Show less

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

Freesia54

VIP Member
Thank you @DamoiseauC for the patreon vlogs..I didn't watch all of the garden debate as I got the distinct impression that Davey didn't know what was required and was easily swayed with Matts ideas /solutions of bringing newly purchased rocks in and building top soil up to them. Covering all of the existing rocks which Davey seemed to struggle with considering how to remove them. As the advisory person and planner of this project he did very little of either and then SJ wants to have poems engraved onto them.
Regarding the poems on the Stones/boulders..I'll start it off.

There was a woman in France
Who loved to dress up and dance
With her much younger beau
In her crumbling chateau
They no longer hid their romance.

That's a bit rubbish I know.. shall we keep them coming or is that derailing?

• Haha
  • Heart

MojoDublin

VIP Member
So Josie visited FRK and gave her some sound advice: "Stay where you are. Don't go back to La Lande, because you'll never find a good boyfriend there." (paraphrasing)
Hopefully she'll follow Josie's advice...
❤❤ jadore Josie

Here it is ….. stuck in lalande
And the shade at nutti …. Yer stuck with the cooking 🍳😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Jikki2

Chatty Member
One of the reasons I can't stand watching Sillyman is because he speaks in doctor's handwriting.

• Haha
  • Heart

MojoDublin

VIP Member
Natalia Oliveto @Nancy H I was doing the same today!! soon all the patrons will receive the beautiful cards
What’s app chat 💬 had … 19 patrons
Swelled to 41 ….

Various levels
Nobody’s got 2021 Christmas 🎅 card

Rumble in the potage ….

Concerns … lol 😂

No accounts in 18 months
Whom is the accountant - they don’t believe there is one ☝
Can’t see any money’s been invested in the fabric of the building
It’s getting worse not better

Fail to see how a private relationship is now front and centre … belies the fact that she’s private

Any more excursions …
Top tier pulling their money 💰

Not paying for the underbutler to travel anywhere … there’s actual COSTINGS for all her sojourn s in 2021

It’s not all love n light 💡 in the USA 🇺🇸
They have sourced each other out - going to demand an actual zoom meeting for factual …chateau expense s

And their not talking about plants 🪴

Roll on next Wednesday …. It better be very detailed.

Restoration is one thing … renovations of friends and family …

That will be a NO … even for her dubious taste for Marie and bag head …..

😈 winter 🥶 has Arrived 😈

• Heart

CountessPompidoo

VIP Member
Who travels to South Africa for a 2 night stay? What else was planned after visiting IJ?
'I'm just nipping down to South Africa for 2 days', said no-one ever. Who is she trying to kid? SA is a 10 hour plus flight fgs. And +3 CET. Flying visit doesn't cut it. And economically stupid. Unless of course, you're spending grifted money :rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33