Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CountessPompidoo

VIP Member
Dan is so busy with his own mancave /editing room...but his house isnt even finished,.we havent even seen the bedrooms ...he clearly needs his own space...that room is as big as half his house..i still have the feeling there is something wrong..i surely hope i am wrong..but i get some nasty vibes lately...
I have often wondered about their house. From the odd glimpses we get, it looks pretty dire inside and out. Admittedly the kitchen is finished, but my thoughts were it was only because Dan wanted to start a cooking vlog. Then he didn't.
Now he wants a mancave/editing room, spending money and energy on that. Could be a good idea long term, might be irons in the fire, who knows?
It's his way or no way I think. I also think he's getting a tadge 'up himself' of late. He needs to wind that in, and get some fresh content. In my honest opinion, his vlogs are getting boring.
I don't envy Annalise at all, living in a permanent mess in the middle of no-where, driving miles to supermarkets, schools, juggling the kids, the hairdressing, the patreon vlog, SJ and her demands on her Husband and of course, Dan The Man himself. It must be exhausting dealing with the egos in that Chateau alone.
I know some of you will not like my opinion, but right from the start, I've thought he's not as nice as he portrays.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

MsPitstop

VIP Member
From the Chateau DIY video comments:

Jumpin' Jo Hosafatz
1 hour ago
?? Historic chateau... first of all, there is NOTHING historic about that forgettable mix of crumbling outbuildings left over from a chateau that disappeared centuries ago (a carriage house and stables, a green house, a laundry, a kitchen, storage space and staff quarters do not make a chateau of any note and the reason why it was the cheapest 'chateau' she could find,) and if it was a 'historic' property, the French government would have listed it as such. That bleached blonde woman is clearly living in her own precious bubble of pretend rainbows, unicorns and lolly pops.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
So, the Wedgewood Room’ will be open to the elements in the Spring, Summer. A gust of wind could prove fatal for those candlesticks!
She is such a liar! Just a few years ago she had some workawayers paint that room in that ugly bright pink color and decided it would be the cocktail corner, conveniently close to the wintersalon. She spend days decorating the area. But obviously now that she has money her taste has changed and all had to be redone. And she claims it was such a mess before. Yes it was: your mess.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

Jeeves

VIP Member
Oh no here we go again teabag is of to meet someone in paris then picking the first ever volunteer up from the air port and said he cant wait to meet him with a giggle looks like a new man whore is on his way
The new Rent-a- Bottom catalogue must be out.

• Haha
  • Wow

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
he is doing that filming..before or after the camera..not clear to me..he is spending a whole weekend cooking at the shittoo..making breakfast and dinners in a weekend...he has a good workettic..and i believe its all nice when he gets payed well..not sure about that..though..i somehow get the feeling she says..well we dont have much work in the garden..do some cooking instead..she doesnt look to me as a generous employer...grifters mostly are not...its all about them...but i get the feeling he likes that world a little bit too much...the way he looks at our shittalaine...tells me more than his words...
He's just a good guy that got caught in the tangled webs of the charlataine. His involvement is not sustainable either way, but I bet he'll survive her cruel games and charades because he has his family to fall back on, even though she uses his wife and children too as much as she can to appeal to the people who love a happy family. With Ian the builder she tried to do the same, but his wife Tina is not a big enough fan of SJ, so she now mostly ignores her, except for when she can expose something like the second hand clothing shop Tina started in La Chatre.

• Heart
I think he is spending too much time at the Chateau and not home with wife and his boys ...... just a thought.
i think so too..and when he is at home...not much fun...i dont see much interaction with Annalise and the chidren all together..i dont like that..he has fallen for the spell of that Shitalaine..and too much vlogging...he must be aware where his priorities ly..with his family..not with all that vlogging.and miss Flash who is clearly taken advantage of him....but i think he is enjoying it too much..and i think Annalise is too nice to pull him back..or maybe the YT and patreonmoney is a good excuse to do as he pleases...but he must be very carefull...a good balance in both family and vlogging would be better...imho.....

Last edited:
  • Heart

KiKiGee

VIP Member
E6UCVPKBX2ckEj4QXBNQpgyA=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg
Chateau DIY

Chateau DIY S06E13

Jumpin' Jo Hosafatz

22 hours ago
?? So let me get this straight... that ridiculous bleached blonde British woman at Lalande has been begging people on YouTube for years, to send her money every month, because she has no money to 'restore' her crumbling, forgettable chateau. Yet she decided that spending a thousand dollars per roll, on the most expensive wallpaper on the planet, is a top priority... instead of repairing the ugly crumbling outside walls or painting the gross peeling paint on all of the windows. She is happy to accept 40 thousand dollars a month in charity, while constantly bragging to viewers about her vacations al over the world, her extensive wardrobe of designer clothes, shoes, tiaras and then there is the new room she is building to store her vast collection of expensive dinnerware, various crystal settings, silverware and GOLD cutlery. She spends money on endless frills and then complains that the place has been freezing for over 15 years and instead of installing a heating system for her guests and the people working there for free, she decides that it is urgent to wallpaper the 'grand entrance.' The woman is delusional and while she chooses to swish around all day, every day, as a wannabee french princess is harmless enough, she needs to show some respect to the people donating their hard earned dollars and be more practical when spending other peoples money! The woman needs to actually restore the place, instead of indulging her taste for the most expensive wallpaper she could find. (Maybe if she decided to get a job for the first time in her life, she would learn the value of a dollar and would try to live within her means, instead of using people to send her half a million dollars a year in donations and stop depending on people to show up and work for free, cooking and cleaning... even the slaves were given free food and a place to sleep.) The show does make one laugh though, as it is such a God awful train wreck.

Lisa Kilmer
3 hours ago
There's Jumpin Jo again, diligently distorting information about Lalande in order to excoriate Stephanie. Her fans know she is slightly crazy, sometimes quite extravagant, but also kind, affirming others and generous. Why should one NOT have subscriptions when people want to subscribe? Why would one NOT use Workaway volunteers since those people actually Apply to work there? Why would one NOT find a tax advantage in setting up a non-profit which is heavily regulated? Why are those things to be vilified? And no, Jumpin Jo - don't answer me back - I know you sadly just want to excoriate someone who is successful on Youtube. There are loads of other Youtubers who make astronomical amounts filming ridiculous things - do you excoriate them as well?

DaphneReloaded
14 hours ago
She e begs so much money from people during a pandemic and she should be ashamed of herself. Also, we know about Philip, she can stop lying already.

Smee
14 hours ago (edited)
what are you talking about? ..Nutter

Andrew's Art Duchy
12 hours ago

Daphne you're wasting your life

Pat McLoughlin
9 hours ago
@DaphneReloaded you are not a very nice person. You should also not talk about something you know NOTHING about

• Haha
Reactions: 39

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
3.000 comments... hardly any negative ones... Natty is VERY busy... 😅

Just found this recent one (still up). Quite a nasty one but it shows that many comments must have been deleted.

PS : That was a good PR move : she gets a lot of interactions for her channel.

Leigh W

19 minutes ago
Not sure Steph. My son is Phillips age and it would be like me hooking up with one of his friends. I understand you do not have children so cannot get a grasp on age difference. It’s your choice. I find it a bit sick but who am I to judge a desperate 45 year old?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
I came here after being attacked as a know-nothing jealous troll by Julie after I posted that I wished she would not travel so much and focus more on restoration of the rooms. I could not believe how much I was bullied and even threatened by her. She told me to leave and never come back. This happened to me twice the second time by someone else. Her super fans are mean and vicious. I then asked if they had a policy on bullies and of course there was no answer. This Julie told me not to waste my time making suggestions as Stephanie would do what she wanted and was a world-famous celebrity.
Lalande has NEVER deleted these bullies of superfans that she has. Never.

BUT they are very good at deleting comments asking questions or bringing facts against their tales.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Beau Monde

VIP Member
WOW, we are really cruising along...again, welcome to all new members, whether you are adding to the conversation or are quietly taking it all in. And hi, SJ and DBF SquirrelNutkins! Love you, mean it!

• Haha
  • Heart

Beau Monde

VIP Member
Well she had to shove them somewhere. Even worse, I bet they wern't cleaned first either :sick:
I built a garden shed about the same size. It has a daybed built against the back wall. It also has a couple windows so it's pretty bright and sunny. I keep a lot of my design books in there. It's nice in the summer to lay back and read or nap. My hateful brother calls it "Martha Stewart's Prison Cell."

• Haha
  • Heart

OhIDontKnow...

VIP Member
Before we bought our house I lived on the top floor of a pre-war apartment. The kitchen window was missing its screen and one morning I awoke to my cat hissing and finding a squirrel frolicking in my apartment. I immediately "fagged out" and the squirrel ran into my living room window (which had screens). I cleverly closed the window, trapping said squirrel inside betwixt wndow and screen. The monster went mad. It started chewing the window frame and woodchips flew. I remember yellow teeth chomping and sawdust flying. I didn't know what to do, so I opened my apartment door, opened the window, the varmint ran into the hallway and I slammed the door.
After a particularly drinky-drunky evening, one late morning my husband and I opened the fireplace to have hangover cigarettes without going outside. As we leaned on the brick hearth nursing coffees while smoking our ciggies, the hubs says, “what is all this shit in the fireplace?” I replied, “I don’t know it wasn’t there yesterday”. Seconds later, as we’re digging through a pile of insulation, twigs, and pine cones -we see it. Mr. Squirrel in the fireplace. Right in our hungover faces. We dropped our cigs, slammed the door, and went and got our 85 year old neighbor, who had also been drinky-drunky with us the night before (he drank us under the table and we were in our 30s). He was an country boy who used to eat squirrels for dinner (just the young ones - the old ones were tough). He brought his .22 and took care of our fireplace squirrel. Pretty sure he didn’t eat him. This ranks as probably my 3rd worst hangover ever. Sometime, if it’s appropriate, I’ll tell you about #1 and #2.

• Haha
  • Sad

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
But when your local community sees you employing onlý english speaking people, buying your material in UK (under false excuses), spending your money in luxuries, living the "belle vie" in the middle of à very deep rural area.... don't expect they will come to your rescue because your radiators have leaks !
Spot on. In Dan's vlog we've seen that when he needs wood to level a wall out for plasterboard he just jumps in his van and go get it. Not SJ. She needs to make this into a big story about shortage (loosely based on the actual shortage there is) and having to go to Belgium for it. I'm beginning to believe the thing someone said about her eyes: she just can't see straight.

Is Bibi one of ours? If not, we should grant her asylum here, brave indeed to confront the rabid grannies.
She must be, the way she's throwing around links to Tattle and the now famous love-life-patron-video. Or maybe just a lurker? Come in, Bibi, we'll welcome you.

• Heart

need2knowmore

First post from a quiet reader.

I am an ex Patreon.. I regret it.. I feel cheated

All the lies and constant excuses it is just so much.. if she can't keep up with everything why not hire someone to run technical stuff for her.. it's not like she does not have money..

oh wait there is one more set of plates she wants to buy...

No priorities at all...

I won't be even surprised if they created an organisation, just so they can ''donate'' all the money to themselves...

• Heart

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
View attachment 856121
Chateau DIY
Chateau DIY S06E13

Jumpin' Jo Hosafatz

22 hours ago
?? So let me get this straight... that ridiculous bleached blonde British woman at Lalande has been begging people on YouTube for years, to send her money every month, because she has no money to 'restore' her crumbling, forgettable chateau. Yet she decided that spending a thousand dollars per roll, on the most expensive wallpaper on the planet, is a top priority... instead of repairing the ugly crumbling outside walls or painting the gross peeling paint on all of the windows. She is happy to accept 40 thousand dollars a month in charity, while constantly bragging to viewers about her vacations al over the world, her extensive wardrobe of designer clothes, shoes, tiaras and then there is the new room she is building to store her vast collection of expensive dinnerware, various crystal settings, silverware and GOLD cutlery. She spends money on endless frills and then complains that the place has been freezing for over 15 years and instead of installing a heating system for her guests and the people working there for free, she decides that it is urgent to wallpaper the 'grand entrance.' The woman is delusional and while she chooses to swish around all day, every day, as a wannabee french princess is harmless enough, she needs to show some respect to the people donating their hard earned dollars and be more practical when spending other peoples money! The woman needs to actually restore the place, instead of indulging her taste for the most expensive wallpaper she could find. (Maybe if she decided to get a job for the first time in her life, she would learn the value of a dollar and would try to live within her means, instead of using people to send her half a million dollars a year in donations and stop depending on people to show up and work for free, cooking and cleaning... even the slaves were given free food and a place to sleep.) The show does make one laugh though, as it is such a God awful train wreck.

Lisa Kilmer
3 hours ago
There's Jumpin Jo again, diligently distorting information about Lalande in order to excoriate Stephanie. Her fans know she is slightly crazy, sometimes quite extravagant, but also kind, affirming others and generous. Why should one NOT have subscriptions when people want to subscribe? Why would one NOT use Workaway volunteers since those people actually Apply to work there? Why would one NOT find a tax advantage in setting up a non-profit which is heavily regulated? Why are those things to be vilified? And no, Jumpin Jo - don't answer me back - I know you sadly just want to excoriate someone who is successful on Youtube. There are loads of other Youtubers who make astronomical amounts filming ridiculous things - do you excoriate them as well?

DaphneReloaded
14 hours ago
She e begs so much money from people during a pandemic and she should be ashamed of herself. Also, we know about Philip, she can stop lying already.

Smee
14 hours ago (edited)
what are you talking about? ..Nutter

Andrew's Art Duchy
12 hours ago

Daphne you're wasting your life

Pat McLoughlin
9 hours ago
@DaphneReloaded you are not a very nice person. You should also not talk about something you know NOTHING about
Lisa - open your eyes! The water pipes are exploding, the ceiling is falling down, there's no heat in half the chateau and the building is full of guests - everyone else is doing the actual work, but visiting the the Used Furniture Shop and buying tacky dinner ware for Valentine's Day is her priority for the day! (I call BS!!!) No one was criticizing her success on Youtube, (hard to ignore since the Youtube placque is hanging on the wall behind her desk). Indeed many critics find Stephanie's ditzy, bleached blonde, princess who needs to be rescued persona quite entertaining - they simply aren't blind to her various faults and short-comings. Many viewers also preferred when Stephanie actually did some of the work herself vs. just swaning in for pre-dinner cocktails to grace the paying guests with her presence. As well, Stephanie should show her vlog viewers some respect and atleast acknowledge Philip as her boyfriend vs. only speaking to her patreons about it. She doesn't need to make a song and dance about it, but by not mentioning it appear she's embarrassed and smacks of dishonesty and a lack of authenticity.

• Heart

Dippy Hippy

VIP Member
Can anyone seriously imagine Dan and Stephanie being a couple? He would hate the brocantes and Emmaus, he would refuse to wear her castoffs, anything with a designer label in. He would hate being dragged round chateaus, porcelain factories and designer clothes factories. She wouldn't want to drink beer with him, look after the boys when they visit or help him do building work. Come on, get a grip. Like chalk and cheese!

• Haha
  • Heart

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
CD last vlog :

In short : she doesn't hire any tradesmen or plumber in her area BUT when something goes wrong with her chateau, she calls them in emergency... on a Saturday ??!! :rolleyes:

At the gate, Amaury's face said it all. He looks tired and fed up with his cousin's "tralala". But as he's a kind and well mannered man, he says nothing...
I wonder how long it'll last...

PS : While PhiPhi and Steph are having fun at Emmaus, the peasants (sorry, I mean Amaury and Dan) are slaving away to get everything ready for her paying guests' big party. Am I right ?

• Heart
Reactions: 37