Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rory

VIP Member
To the newer posters - welcome. I have read sadness and anger in recent posts. We have all been there! On an earlier thread we discussed our own experiences. I was bidding on an auction for a beautiful set of poetry books, covered in blue fabric for the peacock room at La La. For Stephanie. Not myself or what was needed in my own home. I wanted to be a part of that community. Many of us on this thread had a moment when it was no longer fun - mine was as a patreon being attacked for what I thought was a harmless, polite, constructive suggestion. How can one align to a community where you are attacked? Is not constructive feedback from people who care a gift?
So do not feel embaressed. Do not feel naive. Do not be angry. Continue to enjoy the CD vlogs with your eyes open, and perhaps, your wallet closed.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Marty McFly 9

VIP Member
So what happens where I work, is if I can't do a job to the deadline for a legitimate reason, what happens is my boss does it or assigns it to someone else who can get it done ... so what I want to know, is why Steffie didn't take over editing cadeaux when Philip's computer broke? He should have had it done before he knew he was leaving, be that on his computer or someone else'. He didn't time manage well or ask for help when it didn't look like it wasn't going to happen? Doing it on the train would have been doing it too late to upload in time.

I don't know, I'm trying to decide if I think Steffie is really reeling for being outed, or if this is all a bunch of bull and she's using this to be a victim to it and so she can make an even sadder story for her viewers, "I was so shook by my privacy being exposed, I had a near nervous breakdown and have flown off to SA so my beloved mummy can help me heal." "The hater site has just made me miserable." She's known about Tattle and read her for a long long time, longer than I have! I think this not posting Sunday's and today's cadeaux delay is perhaps further emotional manipulation of her viewers.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Stephanie charismatic? I don’t know, I Stayed at the château when I was in thrall of her early vlogs and though I’m a lot younger I felt the need to smooth the conversational path and help her out, she seemed a helpless wreck to me and this was years ago.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

MsPitstop

VIP Member
Look out @Clara Burnett you've been busted! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I have to laugh at the 'queens' comment.

But Goat Boy, there are definitely rats in the farmhouse. And bonus points for calling it a farmhouse!

From the Chateau DIY comments.

Goat Boy

46 minutes ago (edited)
My guess is Clara Burnett from Tattle Life is getting her information from Dana the cook . Its obvious there's a mole at the farmhouse. No wonder the queens hide upstairs.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

T Rex

VIP Member
Today's Dan-the-Gardener video: Dan is on tap to make dinner for the evening, lunch to following day, and to make a 5-course black-tie dinner for a birthday party that evening. Dinner video is in FF. Dan's back in the green van with a smoker and other stuff for the party and then hits us with... What the bloody hell...?!? Dan explains, "My job at the Chateau is a little bit fluid... Because today, as well as being the chef and cooking 5-course black tie dinner, I'm also the plumber who has to sort out the massive leak we've just had to get the hot water back on." Chateau is booked, and the sole hot water heater needs sorting. Dan and Amaury to the rescue. Call is made to Fanny to the effect, "I'm not cooking because there's not hot water to the Chateau as the hot water heater is leaking over the entire floor...sooo, Preston and Richmond plumbing services are here... at hand..." Fanny, in a snarky voice, "What is happening, I don't like..." Dan talks over her, "On second thought, where is that number for the expensive plumber?!?" Fanny, "Wait wait, Dan, I think that you're a very good plumber... do you need me to call a plumber? Are you good on food?" Dan, resignedly, "We're good on the food and we're good on the plumbing." Fanny hangs up. Dan also remarks to the camera, "Yes, I've got my own camera as proof we are unappreciated. Dan and Amaury have many laughs as they unduck the plumbing. They must have repaired it, as next shot shows Dan in the kitchen, and then with the smoker. We see the starters, a sorbet and the main course (the food looks amazing). Dan, who apparently has not slept in a week, apologizes for not taking pictures and footage. Meanwhile, in two weeks time, we'll see Fanny's version on Chateau Diaries, where she mocks Dan and Amaury, as she'll make it sound as if HER life was in peril, and the boys just goofed off all day. SMH. "But Philip is so exhausted from hot-gluing miniature Wedgewood plates to the wall!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

elizabethrex

Even though I use a different name here than I do on other sites I’m not really hiding anything. I’ve posted my YT link with my channel name on it. If Stephanie is reading this and wants to do a real time intelligent discourse (about why we end up here) with a Tattler I’ll volunteer. I doubt that would ever happen, though, because having an intelligent woman her own age wanting to have a real conversation with her will snap that “hate site troll” narrative in half.
There is a brilliant vlog where the Saccone Jolys meet their worst troll and ask her why she started a campaign of hate. It’s really respectful on both sides and they come to mutual understanding. And that troll was attaching their parenting and children, and livelihood with blatant lies. Nothing like that is going on here. I have a few Tattlers on Ignore because they are obscene narcissists but you get that everywhere. I really enjoy the insights here and frequently read something I’ve just realised for myself, only put so much more succinctly than i would have worded it. Yes, I am jealous of SJs income, which is as much in a month as I make in a year, but I would never trade my private life for anything. I can sleep at night. I honestly worry this will make her ill. I can’t imagine the stress she is under. This week especially, if she hadn’t lied all year the revelations by C4 would have meant nothing. She has created this mess herself and she is terrified she has brought the whole Golden Age of Lalande crashing down. Plus, she never meant for this dalliance to be taken seriously, by Philip or anyone, so it must be so embarrassing to have it in the public domain.

• Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I think Philip KNOWS he's gay. I think he has known since 1st grade.
The truly sad thing is that Snorty knows a lot of things. In his heart of hearts he really knows everything is all an act and the charlataine does not really care for him, not in a genuine way, he's just the lucky one who was at the right place at the right time. With all this knowledge he still managed to fall in love with her and the awkwardness that this discrepancy in feelings creates was on display during her Q&A. And what's worse, her fans picked up on it big time!

• Sad

Jeeves

VIP Member
Next prediction - Gerry tries it on with Mary Poppins. You heard it here first. What's Dan putting in the food there?
Thread 84 - Dana and the Plasterer, the Postman, the Tree surgeon, the Chapel Restorer, the breadman , the man looking for his French dog..........

• Haha
  • Heart

KyBourbon

VIP Member
It had me shouting at the screen, just could not believe the Bromance Bruvs were in there fixing leaks AGAIN.

FFS Lady of the Leaks get a PROFESSIONAL plumbing and heating company to sort this shite out once an for all. You've got no guests all Winter, shed loads of money coming in from fools just get your shit together once and for all.

Hope she gave the birthday party group a big refund!
🧵”LaLande Lady of the Leaks” 😆 Love it! ❤ All kinds of leaks…water leaks, gossip leaks, relationship leaks…!

• Haha
  • Heart

SloanSabbith

New poster here - but have been reading for a while! It is easy to feel excited about a new relationship when it is secret and cultivated in a "closed" environment. It is such a rush at the start and much is overlooked. However, taking a new relationship out into the world and sharing with friends and relatives often exposes the flaws not previously noticed. It is always enlightening to see your new partner through the eyes of your peers. For example, it appears that Stephanie's long-term besties were cultivated from her university years (Oxford, no less) and as such they have shared cultivated luxury tastes and sophisticated experiences. I feel that this group would be difficult to impress and introducing a future partner would be daunting. The newbie would require some notable characteristics or accomplishments in order to be accepted (or even to be given credibility). As a small example, I remember cringing at Phiip's lack of wine knowledge and appreciation in one episode. Also these types don't usually engage in talk about hedgehogs or place settings. On the other hand, Philip, is young and doesn't have life experiences to match hers -- he apparently has even postponed finishing his formal education. While it might be quite easy for Stephanie to relate to Philip's parents, I cannot imagine her adapting well and flourishing at a weekend party with 20-somethings (and what the heck would she find in her wardrobe to wear to this weekend party?)! It isn't even so much about age specifically. Unfortunately, people have to live their lives outside of a bubble.

• Heart

Marty McFly 9

VIP Member
Comments continue to blossom under the Chateaux DIY episode:

The OP and first two comments were already shared here in the last thread, but there are many more comments there now:

JKe4hpF4NC2HRKT8o305kKHA=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Yzabel Braun
5 hours ago
So, she drained her lake many years ago and has to spend tens of thousands of euros to get it back. Now, she drains her pond when she KNOWS water authorities will be on her case. Sometimes I wonder what goes through this woman's head.

AK3wsrShrUkyXzBbej4_PTAg=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Patricia Nolan
5 hours ago
And who paid for the draining of the second lake? How is that part of restoring the Chateau?

gaI1HtAk5xtSwHPBE5GnWUXQ=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

allen4876
3 hours ago
The lake and pond were drained about ten years ago on the instructions of the water police. The finance was not there at the time to comply with new EU regulations. Thanks to Patreon funding studies are being undertaken to look at the restoration of the pond and lake in conjunction with the water police and local mayor’s office.

OUd3h6kAX8UYN-hTx_Cz-yfG=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Bibi BonBon
3 hours ago
@allen4876 Are you sure? Seems to me she has different priorities. Also, she hasn't seem to have learned from the experience years ago, because now she drained a second one without complying to the rules she should have known.

Yzabel Braun
3 hours ago (edited)
@allen4876 I hate to burst your bubble, but Stephanie Jarvis said in one of her videos that she drained her lake because she panicked. She also said that she never received an official notice from authorities. She explained it and she said herself that she should have sought counsel at the time before draining the lake.

gaI1HtAk5xtSwHPBE5GnWUXQ=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

allen4876
2 hours ago
@Yzabel Braun you are right, she did say she panicked and acted hastily. Stephanie was living there by herself at the time, all the money had run out and she was faced with the likelihood of a huge bill. She has said she could have handled it better but put yourself in her shoes at the time when forced in to something that could have meant the sale of the chateau. I don’t blame her a bit. Probably done the same.Things are different now with the Patreon money. Hope you are subscribing!! Restoration won’t happen without it. @Bibi Bonbon. The pond was drained years ago with the lake. What you saw in the video was the clearing of dead and self seeded trees and the run off of surface water so that the site could be properly assessed. No permissions required.
Show less

AK3wsrShrUkyXzBbej4_PTAg=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Patricia Nolan
2 hours ago
@allen4876 you need to watch the previous episode 27. This is Channel 4 project of a different man made fisherie pond. She hired Matt and his team to clear the trees and then drain and repoint the walls. The authorities found out and shut her down for not applying for permits to convert a fisherie to a pool for humans. Gross. My question is who paid for this? The Patrons? The chateau is literally falling apart and I don’t think this is considered restoration but a nice idea down the road.

3OzxBDvnYcW3-ZFyQuCLBK8A=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Christine Scouller
1 hour ago
@allen4876 if she consulted the marie and the waterpolice she would have been told to get the permit before drained the small lake

Bibi BonBon
1 hour ago
@allen4876 No, this is just untrue. You can actually see them draining the pond. Work has been halted, so Stephanie herself said because she did not realize she needed permissions. Your information seems to be coming from one, not very reliable, source.

Yzabel Braun
32 minutes ago (edited)
@allen4876 When you don't receive an official written injunction from the authorities, then they can't take action against you. Words are just words. And if you do receive a written injunction from authorities, there's a given time limit to execute it. You are also allowed to challenge an injunction. In conclusion, if her lake is empty, it's her own fault.

wFc7PtmfKCsflc3wf5tD5suw=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Leigh B
7 minutes ago
@allen4876 no I will not be subscribing, certainly not as a Patron. If they need funds, sell the London flat or the SA beach house. That should help.

• Haha
  • Heart

Dippy Hippy

VIP Member
So an update on Marie (for those interested).
She has found a studio. She is organising 2 Christmas wreath making events in Haworth. One a Hygge event. One in Cobbles and Clay.Tickets are selling. Shes running a social media event in February in Saltaire. This promises to reveal everything she knows about utilising social media . You get "delicious food +" and "a By Marie Wiik tote bag with a lovely present" This event costs £30. I go to odd events in this part of the world and that's a reasonable price. (I'm not going to this one). She is getting commissions for weddings.
Maybe she has turned a corner since leaving Lalande. Her website and her advertising look quite professional. I feel she's got some advice with marketing herself from a professional.
I can't remember who mentioned trees being cut down in Saltaire? I passed through Saltaire last week and they are fine, some have been pruned a little that's all.. All appear to be flourishing. They may have got rid of diseased ones.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member

*** THE PRINCESS AND THE HEDGEHOG ***

For many centuries, too many to recount
They’d eaten insects, snails, and berries
And been ignored by each and every count
So they came up with a wonderful idea
One of them would star in the Shato Diarrhoea!

On one cold winter’s day the princess
Wearing no knickers and a nightdress
Did find a prickly ball
In the downstairs hall

She picked him up and stroked his little head
And off they went together to her warm bed
She wrapped him in a blanket and kissed him goodnight
And when she woke up in the morning she got such a fright!

For the hedgehog had gone and Phylis was there instead
Snorting and smiling at her as she lay in her luxury bed
At first she was repulsed and didn’t know what to do
But everything changed when he said ‘I love you!’

He was king of the castle and she was his queen
He had at last fulfilled his lifelong dream
He dressed in fine clothes and drank fine wine
Nothing but the best for the partners in crime

They fleeced grannies out of all their money
With not an ounce of guilt, remorse or regret
She would have had her head cut off
If her name had been Marie-Antoinette

Instead they lived happily ever after
The hedgehog and the princess
Singing life, love and laughter
In a see-through dress!

• Heart
  • Haha

MojoDublin

VIP Member
From the flat 🗺 world
Patron

I'd address it on Chateau Diaries. People don't like feeling out of the loop. They'll turn to tattle to get their answers if you don't control the narrative with as much honesty as possible. Wouldn't want to lose trust with your audience and potential patrons.

Have you been able to figure out who "Clara Burnett" is on tattle? Seems the person behind that name knows a lot of inside information.

Seems flappy gums … narrative isn’t holding

We actually got Named Tattle
🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️
😈

• Heart
  • Haha

Marty McFly 9

VIP Member
Eeewwwwwwwwwww! ;)

*snort!*

Oh my word, I hadn't even thought to think of him snorting during sex!! oh my lands, that's going to have me laughing for a long time!

Tattlers are advertising in the Chateau DIY comments.

QEp73K4rJp425tXkArAeq18Q=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Allie Jones
4 hours ago
Wow, some of you are nasty. It’s Her/His life. What they choose to keep private and why, is their business. You get so much for so little, yet you still want to find ways to bring someone down. Shame on you! 😡

Bibi BonBon
3 hours ago (edited)
@Allie Jones Nobody is debating their right to keep private what they want to keep private. But why pretend to have separate bedrooms and making their host complicit to this scheme? And why would it be shameful to ask these questions when there's clearly something going on. Shame on you for jumping to conclusions and judge others!

S5Q7SbLJqhDa_eMTMvGtcQqw=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Dawn's Little Corner
2 hours ago
@Gee yes this is how I feel too

VD5jmgYSihg6Jmu8OlOyMmow=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Im Happy
2 hours ago (edited)
@Allie Jones It’s no use to engage them. They’ll continue to be judgmental in their own self perceived perfection. They will continue to cast their stones as the saying goes.

Bibi BonBon
1 hour ago
@Im Happy Wow. Looked in the mirror yet?

VD5jmgYSihg6Jmu8OlOyMmow=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Im Happy
55 minutes ago (edited)
@Bibi BonBon Yes. I’m happy and have a very good life. And I wish that for you too.

2hzZXxUrx69V1M73aZTchRlg=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

iwilitu
36 minutes ago
@Bibi BonBon come see on "tattle life chateau diaries" I know she says it's a hate site but it's really not I was shocked at how much she lies and grifts

GjfOVhSgV8ryDiI8YPFNaGIg=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

G R
25 minutes ago
@iwilitu I had a look and it opened my eyes to quite a lot. Glad I found it, also sorry for those that get suckered in by sob stories and send money over. People are living in very real poverty and others clamour to send money to someone who is already rich. I find that very sad. Yes, it's their money and if it makes them happy to fund someone's lifestyle and do up their Chateau (badly) then I am happy for them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member
I've been struggling to find something to be jealous about for ages ... if I don't find something soon I shall be obliged to admit myself a failure ...

• Haha
  • Heart

Marty McFly 9

VIP Member
Poor Stella ... she's not seen the light yet!

zmGZ3cw_7b5F7YeRJDFs7oog=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Lisa Oreilly
6 hours ago
Just watching chataue diy episode 28 in the UK they have said stephanie and Philip are a couple 🤔 loving seeing all the projects that I haven't see yet x

EwUTDNebgMn6e53pdC2bmLFg=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

gh g
3 hours ago
Stephanie has made a video for her patrons saying that she and Philip have been lovers for a year or so.

UG3WvS-w2QRFV1OzLdfoNgaj=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts
23 minutes ago
@gh g No she has not that is a falsehood

UG3WvS-w2QRFV1OzLdfoNgaj=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts
23 minutes ago
they are not a couple

I16P53xC0xoVjP9VIeYnOCmn=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

rosalie jackson
0 seconds ago
@Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts your incorrect, Stella.

• Haha

elizabethrex

Sadly I was bamboozled by it all. I'm a patron but am rethinking that decision. I will admit I found the CD so entertaining during 6 months of unemployment. It's a great escape and Stepahnie is so good at storytelling. My faves were her sundays vids where you learned a ton about something historical. I'm not at all upset at their dating, although I cannot picture them together AT ALL, but after all of you have opened my eyes to everything I wasn't seeing...well I'm still spinning. I can't believe I missed it all.
I’m still in shock too. I’m a patron and never believed the stories here that they were an item. I feel really stupid and like SJ was taking the piss out of me and lying to me all this time. It’s made me see her in a new light. 😢 I had been really fond of her and always wanting to believe the best, and now I feel stupid for being so naieve.

• Sad
Reactions: 36