The Chateau Diaries #81 Octo-Oedipus: being straight to ingratiate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1636310901834.png
Some Tattlers in Training over in the DIY Comments!
I nominate Phyllis: hobosexual or chateausexual for next thread!

I’m convinced the Wedgewood Room was nothing more than a “set” created just for the show. It was a small and manageable project that could be completed from start to finish for the cameras. Just wondering how long it will be before it all comes down?
Totally had to quickly find something to do after the ‘swimming pond’ was shut down.
Why not treat the very generous gift with a modicum of respect and have them framed? Why not explain that the plaster cameos were from the time of the Grand Tours and weave her love of traveling and hosting?
But as Clara is always quick to point out L-A-Z-Y!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Arfarf said:
Oh and at many places here in America....if you are the boss you better not get caught having sex with an employee. My son works at a large corporation and it got out that two employees had started a relationship and they both summarily got fired.
When you employ someone and then have sex with them, it screams "taking advantage" of your position.
Or in Snorts case... Prostitution.

* Lalalande is hardly a corporation. It's a family business at best. The lalalanders could all be f*#%king together for all we know. Aren't others already doing it besides SJ & PJ? Granted, they should keep it clean in the videos.
* Prostitution is pushing it.
* No, not laid back in big corporations.
* When "woke" meant putting the spotlight on inequalities, it was useful. Crying wolf for just about everything and anything results in help no longer being delivered.

Shoot me!
O.k. will do.
I don't get what you are getting at.
Having sex with paid employees, whether at LARGE OR SMALL ESTABLISHMENT ( happy now?) Is still not acceptable for many HR departments here in the states. I KNOW!!!! the shanty is just a hole in the wall " mom( for sure) and pop" shop.
Don't throw " woke" around on me either. Whether it is racial or sexual harassment it is wrong.
SJ can have sex with whoever the F$#k she wants ( and she does). Putting them on the payroll AFTER starting a sexual relationship just screams " eeeew". Wrong. Bad decision. Poor choice. Dumb.

My 31 year old son thinks you were trying to get across that calling out that having sex with an employee is nothing to get in an uproar about in this day and age...making too much of.....just like calling everything "bullying" nowadays.
So if I have misconstrued what you were trying to say, I apologize.
If not.... I dont🤔😉

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
From Chateaux DIY vlog ...
Oh my giddy aunty, those comments are more savage than us!!! 😂 I'd love to see Cynthia Lambert try to do a few rings with those commenters.

Only to be the brunt of her joke
Exactly! Imagine (like Jill Scott) defending La Javis' platonic friendship with Phyllis, only to find out you've been duped and the "haters" were right all along
Talk about making an arse of oneself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
UK Tattlers will be familiar with the wagatha Christie story. Hope Clara's contact doesn't fall foul of something similar.

A Football wag suspected another one of leaking stories about her to the press. To test her suspicion she made up a story and only told the one person and the story ended up in the papers. Hence the nickname wagatha Christie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I would have sex with everyone, no matter if I get payed by them or pay them.

no, wait…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
If Phillip wants to appear in musicals, surely he needs to exercise his voice regularly. I know amateur and professional singers (in theatre) have regular lessons or coaching sessions. Even over zoom during lockdown music and singing lessons continued around the world. Is Phillip doing this? I have never heard mention of him practising at the chateau. Similar with acting and dancing. I woukd have thought if theatre is his ambition he would be doing classes regularly.
Oh come now, that's what rehearsals are for! ;) He acts and exercises his voice in the vlogs and dances once in awhile as well...doing all of that plus traveling the globe and being a self appointed 'style icon' (🤢) is surely to bring him awards and accolades without those tedious lessons, classes and sessions you speak of. At 25 he must already know everything there is to know about theater, plus, it would take precious time away from junk shopping if he were to hone his chops doing such mundane things as getting coaching to build his skill set...why do that? 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I know it won’t happen, but I think if Phillip somehow ended up as owner of the chateau, he would take better care of it than Stephanie.
In the last CD vlog, when she was in Amaury's workshop, she mentioned to Antoine that if he learnt those woodworking skills, he would know what to do if he owned a chateau in future!

Reactions: 14
This has been going around in my head “Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive!” Thread title?

Reactions: 15
I think SJ and PJ's relationship is going to be heading downhill pretty soon.
The element of their relationship that she gets the biggest buzz from is having it a secret.. one over her YouTube viewers.
Now the cat is out of the bag she will get rid. We will be told he has an exciting new role that will have him away for a protracted time and then he will fade away from memory.

Reactions: 29
Totally had to quickly find something to do after the ‘swimming pond’ was shut down.
Why not treat the very generous gift with a modicum of respect and have them framed? Why not explain that the plaster cameos were from the time of the Grand Tours and weave her love of traveling and hosting?
But as Clara is always quick to point out L-A-Z-Y!
Yes, MPK does the same thing. You KNOW you’re going to vlog, and you have a good idea what it will be about…why not take a little time to research and incorporate some interesting facts? Let me clarify…correct facts! 😆 The whole internet is at your fingertips! It just takes a few minutes. All I can think is laziness, too.

Reactions: 14
She could have had the cameos framed beautifully for that amount. I feel for the sucker that sent her the generous gift. She had never even opened them up and then hot glued them to the brand new walls?
I agree, the cameos would have fared better had they been mounted on fabric inside a frame--she could have even echoed the velvet of the uphulstry to tie it all together. What kills me is that they didn't bother making a template of the layout on top of paper first, then transfer marks to the walls so they knew exactly where to hang them. It looks a bloody mess as it seems they never measured anything, they just eyeballed it and hot glued (?!?!) them to the walls.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
O.k. will do.
I don't get what you are getting at.
Having sex with paid employees, whether at LARGE OR SMALL ESTABLISHMENT ( happy now?) Is still not acceptable for many HR departments here in the states. I KNOW!!!! the shanty is just a hole in the wall " mom( for sure) and pop" shop.
Don't throw " woke" around on me either. Whether it is racial or sexual harassment it is wrong.
SJ can have sex with whoever the F$#k she wants ( and she does). Putting them on the payroll AFTER starting a sexual relationship just screams " eeeew". Wrong. Bad decision. Poor choice. Dumb.

My 31 year old son thinks you were trying to get across that calling out that having sex with an employee is nothing to get in an uproar about in this day and age...making too much of.....just like calling everything "bullying" nowadays.
So if I have misconstrued what you were trying to say, I apologize.
If not.... I dont🤔😉
I think I like your son! (y)
You and I agree on just about everything. And yes, SJ makes many poor choices, and most notably PJ. But then again, she does who she wants... employee or not, who's going to fire her? 🙃😉
We now know her patrons are very fervent supporters for the most part.

Reactions: 10
This has been going around in my head “Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive!” Thread title?
The Chateau Diaries #14 Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave, When First We Practise To Deceive.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Dan has a video out:

Busy filming for C4 (as previously explained)
Lots of cooking at the chateau one for (I counted) 15 - Amoury helping,
plumbing stuff with Amoury, at the chateau, no hot water at all, when its full of guests - fair play, they are funny together!
then cooking for a birthday the next day- black tie 6 course meal - went well

Reactions: 24
Anybody remember this picture, which made the gangsta grannies wild and crazy?!
She had been in a relationship with Phyllis since September, yet by May still let her fans to believe there was a chance with Sir Trotter (and that was before his cry-me-a-gay-river-vlog!)
How they all must be dissapointed, first that Sir Trotter is gay, then that La Jarvis has taken the wee Phyllis as a paramour.
How wonderfully deceitful... ;) #BaitingForMoney #YouStillOweStephanie500Euros
Deceit.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I’ve been trying to read for the past hour and I’m barely caught up. So much going on…
@Jeeves i was thinking the same about the avian flu! I really hope that’s not it, they have little kids in that place 🙁

Steffy and Snorty’s revelation saga continues… and im feeling fatigued by all their shenanigans. It could be because I’m not doing so well myself, physically and emotionally.

Unfortunately I am feeling quite under the weather and won’t be posting probably for a couple of days… but I’ll have your witty posts and interesting sleuthing to keep me entertained!… thank you for that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I’ve been trying to read for the past hour and I’m barely caught up. So much going on…
@Jeeves i was thinking the same about the avian flu! I really hope that’s not it, they have little kids in that place 🙁

Steffy and Snorty’s revelation saga continues… and im feeling fatigued by all their shenanigans. It could be because I’m not doing so well myself, physically and emotionally.

Unfortunately I am feeling quite under the weather and won’t be posting probably for a couple of days… but I’ll have your witty posts and interesting sleuthing to keep me entertained!… thank you for that.
Hope you'll soon be feeling stronger really soon. We'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of positive thoughts.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’m convinced the Wedgewood Room was nothing more than a “set” created just for the show. It was a small and manageable project that could be completed from start to finish for the cameras. Just wondering how long it will be before it all comes down?
[/QUOTE
I agree, the cameos would have fared better had they been mounted on fabric inside a frame--she could have even echoed the velvet of the uphulstry to tie it all together. What kills me is that they didn't bother making a template of the layout on top of paper first, then transfer marks to the walls so they knew exactly where to hang them. It looks a bloody mess as it seems they never measured anything, they just eyeballed it and hot glued (?!?!) them to the walls.
to the brand new walls!!!

I really enjoyed Dan's latest vlog. He seems to really be in his element when cooking. That was fun to watch the fast action in the kitchen. He and Amaury have so much fun together.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.