The Chateau Diaries #81 Octo-Oedipus: being straight to ingratiate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
By live orchestra I hope he means string quartet or he will have no profits!!
Selmar and Tatty live in a fantasy world and it's a recipe for disaster. Selmar has no idea about business or financial planning of costs, overheads, etc. I thought Tatty was a bit more worldy and savvy but I'm not sure and get the idea that she has had a few disasters in the past. Good luck to them, but it doesn't bode well and being with SJ does not help people to face life as responsible adults!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
In my post I meant to say that I don’t mind her using her YouTube revenue as she sees fit. She has earned that fair and square. Patreon money is another kettle of fish!
I ended up on her channel at the end of March 2020 when we went into lockdown. It was at the suggestion of a beauty lifestyle blogger. It was presented as a strange, crazy, entertaining cast of of characters that came and went. At the centre of it all was Stephanie. I watched one video and was intrigued wanted to more so I binged watched all videos until I was current. I sadly became obsessed but it was entertaining. During the early days there was virtually no mention of big projects to restore the château except her regret of draining the lake. When Patreon became her tool to realize all her plans I was suspicious especially when there was always a stumbling block that had to be overcome. I don’t believe she set out to be a con but like cons she couldn’t believe it when people were so willing to throw $$$ at her. If one thing that I have learned cons will signal their disbelief at your naivety and laugh at you to your face at how stupid you are. I have been a reader here since the first threads but did not comment until this spring because I found the unwillingness or the inability to see the dirt, the grime, the rodents, the lack of sanitation meanwhile serving food.

I even gave her a pass when she started the cadeaux at the château as she explained she wanted to acknowledge the fans who sent the gifts but then it became all about signalling to send expensive things and became to me as coined on here the gift grab!
I really think that he has been more than an enabler when it comes to the spending of the money. I think he appeals to her impulses and eggs her on. When they have been discussing a purchase in a store he looks at her like a child who pleads their mother for an item. She caves most of the time.
Before he wormed his way in she didn’t show the extravagant purchases at least she kept some the illusion.
As to the question of his sexuality I don’t care it’s how it has been used to her advantage to create the enigma. To confuse to fit her own purposes. I dont care that maybe in reality his thing may be the hedgehog beside the bed!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
@Heathcliffe posted this, 10/19 #791, with confidence. Funny, how quickly things change .:unsure:

There will be VIP's at the wedding...
View attachment 851988
That’s right! Makes me wonder if Squirrel’s comments about “weddings” in the Live Chat was actually a reference to Tattle? Perhaps a joke that fell flat?

Maybe SJ really should consider a big La La Lande wedding. Think of the revenue generation! The gifts! The publicity! The content! The opportunities are endless! 😆 Who would be in the wedding party? Maid of Honor? Would MPK walk her down the aisle? Could be the YouTube event of the year!

39198072-F1EA-475C-9EF9-456442951BD4.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What information am I asking (digging) for?

All I am trying to say (originally) is we all have a reason to be here. We are mad or frustrated at something. There are plenty of reasons.

I came because of petherick... Enough said there. When it comes to Lalande, I am annoyed at the missed targets, labour law issues, misrepresentation of where the funds go. I'm also here for the gossip because I can't stand the squirrel and it's over all hilarious.

This was my point: What I don't get is why there is a big uproar about the relationship from the YouTube viewers that don't know her (Clara excluded, I apparently have to point out). We don't see 99% of what goes on in a day. Only 20 minutes of about 2 or three days worth of actual happenings. And she said she isn't talking about her relationship. I don't see why people who don't know her (once again, Clara excluded) would be hurt about her trying to keep that quiet. I don't really get it because I just view this as entertainment, where as it seems others have an emotional investment in her life. Difference of opinion I suppose

Just jumping back in there this morning with already several pages to catch up on, but I thought I'd share my take on this.

Stephanie an EXPERT and CONVINCING Love Bomber. It's a powerful affect. People are longing for love and approval and she showers it in spades and its not just those close to her that can fall victim to its manipulation. She sings that she is transparent in showing her life, and even her wearing robes and showing us in her bedroom are all part of the message that we, her viewers, are so close to her, and she thinks of us as friends and family. Many many many people are longing for closeness and transparency and love and approval and compliments. Love Bombers have victims. When they are accepting all that "love" they feel GREAT. It feels so good when it feels real. BUT when you realize that your actually being manipulated it is a huge shock and the level of betrayal that is felt is huge and rocks your world. I believe what you're seeing with some of the newer posters here and also in the comments on YouTube, are people who fell for the love bombing, they believed she was completely open. They are confused and hurt. I know it seems strange when she really is a stranger to them in real life, but she is very very good at it, thus we see the crazy gift giving and all the patrons. People are dying for love and approval and it is natural for us to want and long for that. I think in these times of COVID it is even more pronounced. What you're witnessing are the victims of her love bombing having their eyes opened and it is painful ...

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Dan's latest vlog (4 days ago) :

His fans are nervous and want him back.

Others... still don't understand how the marvellous world of YT and TV work...

Ann EC

9 hours ago
Hey Dan, are you still working on Steffy's swimming pool? She has to give you time off you know! Missing your vlog in the mornings. No pressure though. Go back to weekly.

Reactions: 6
Picture it…May, 2022…one month before the big wedding. Image of Snorts at his bachelor party…

E23C6CA7-6B7F-49AB-9962-7EB53353BA1C.jpeg
D6789B85-2FC7-4757-8CF6-37D549EEB343.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Quickly browsing CD vlog comments section.

Is it me or all the comments about their relationship etc have disappeared ? It's only about her shoulder, Amaury, Annalise and Marie etc etc. :unsure:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
The most telling thing from the Great Reveal yesterday was that she wants to get the hell out of Lalande to spend more time in London to relax which obv means she can't be bothered to follow up on the projects - so who'll sort out the shambles of workers coming & going? If Dan didn't have so many commitments he could be project manager - he does seem to start & finish a job whatever else he has to do.
I can't imagine how awful that place must be at the moment - building work started just everywhere with dust & rubble and noise of banging, radiators leaking, ceilings caving in, TV companies filming, guests to be catered for, vlogs churning out amidst the turmoil -and lording it over everything is the most useless twit of all, unable & unwilling to even get his squirrel claws dirty. Btw when was the exact moment frozen in time when he stopped saying "I agree" and it became a swaggering "WE"? no wonder SJ goes travelling and the reason why fundamentally I have a morbid fascination with the Channel and find all the other chateaux sagas dull as ditchwater (except for Teabeg's kamikaze destruction) I mean nothing ludicrous happens and I've had enough of seeing painting, polishing,the inside of Agas or septic tanks and very few people to snark about. Viva Lalande and the 81 Tattle Life pages racing by. Incidentally how much has Tattle earned in revenue from this hectic thread?
One more thing - what transforms Heathcliffe of a weekend? Too much or not enough of ...?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Hi - excuse me for blurting out a whole bunch of thoughts but I had a month's long issue with being "confirmed". Yes I am Canadian, Yes I know the Friendly Giant and Harlequin Romances.

I've left snarky messages before on the FB site and the Gift Grab site, telling them they're sycophants. Most recently I questioned SJ's mental state because unlike some people I do have an issue with the age difference. My son is a touch older than Prince Puffy Shirt and I would not want to date any of his friends. The relationship speaks volumes about her mental age. What do they talk about, Billy Eilish or Mario cart? Probably due to her being isolated from real work and real life she's just spinning her wheels at about age 17. The Duplo Armoire!!! Pea-pod's closer to Antoine's age for heaven's sake. Ickk!

I find it funny that the most recent Patreon blog has her sitting in front of her father's ghastly painting of that woman with her exposed tit being held by some young man.

Something that I don't think anyone's mentioned is that Selmar drove like a maniacal knight in a shining camper van to arrive unexpected on SJ's doorstep only to be told to stay outside. I'm sure Selmar had the same dreams of grandeur (and boudoir) as Phileap, but Selmar was more age appropriate and far less refined.

Amaury and Dan are great. They get the joke. Roll their eyes. Occasionally a curse escapes from Amaury. He's a natural and if he branches off into his own blog I'm sure it will go far.

Sorry if I offend anyone ( that doesn't seem to stop anyone here) but Step's a fag-hag. What was all that with MP when it was so obvious he's gay ? Puffy Shirt's no different.

Mason Dwinell is a good looking guy but a confirmed nut. He stares at the sun. http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2013/07/641-mason-howe-dwinell.html

Clara seems to know best, but I'm guessing cystitis - the honeymoon affliction - rather than an ectopic pregnancy.

The gift-giving is utterly bizarre. Are those sycophants 9 and a half? Most of these naff women don't have the wherewithal to send anything. Stepfanny won't be their friend because they send tasteless gifts.

I watch her Vlog as most of you do, I find her lifestyle enviable. The day to day life she monetizes looks pretty ideal . I'm jealous that she gets to live such a life, just by being, pretty, bubbly and cheerful. But I'm having real problems reconciling this with her relationship with a 25 year old, homosexual twit. Stephanie - grow up.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Dan's latest vlog (4 days ago) :

His fans are nervous and want him back.

Others... still don't understand how the marvellous world of YT and TV work...

Ann EC
9 hours ago
Hey Dan, are you still working on Steffy's swimming pool? She has to give you time off you know! Missing your vlog in the mornings. No pressure though. Go back to weekly.

I've been wondering if the owners meeting also included asking Dan not to film any more at the Chateau ... that they want to see SJ's narrative more controlled .... just a guess ...

• Wow
Reactions: 17
After many months away, the Chateau DIY episode this week drew me back. I'm not sure I can stomach a daily Christmas advent calendar with the two "lovebirds"🤮

The patron Q&A that @Mojo Dublin posted was very revealing. Not only does she own a "flappy bird" she came over like one with BJJ's questions. The silence and looks said more that her words ever could 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
From Chateaux DIY comments

JKe4hpF4NC2HRKT8o305kKHA=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Yzabel Braun
1 hour ago
So, she drained her lake many years ago and has to spend tens of thousands of euros to get it back. Now, she drains her pond when she KNOWS water authorities will be on her case. Sometimes I wonder what goes through this woman's head.

AK3wsrShrUkyXzBbej4_PTAg=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Patricia Nolan
1 hour ago
And who paid for the draining of the second lake? How is that part of restoring the Chateau?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
🗺
Yes the works is flat in lalalande

Desperate to gain SSB attention
( post her video live on tattle and she’ll notice you 😀)

Possibly my comment won`t get through this sea of messages, but I still have the desire to write this words. I can even feel through the camera and video how uncomfortable you, Stephanie feel talking about your realtionship with Philip. I think you should really trust your feelings and if there is a need to talk about how this makes you feel, you should talk to Philip and your closest friends and familiy...and maybe it would also help to wait some time. Take your time to sort this through and maybe it would help to disuss with Phlip his position on all of this because you are just one part of the story? You won`t owe anybody any information or explanation...

....and I am sure with some time gone by, you both will find your way and your position- whatever this will be :)

One last footnote: It seems to me, that you might be afraid, that this whole leak thing could change something with your YT & patreon account- that it might even be less successful? I personally think that you will stay as successful as long as you stay true to yourself. So once again: Find your way through this whole thing and make up your mind and don`t forget your partners needs too. This is so much more important than the opinion of any viewer of any channel :)

The nick name … yes not real name on patron …. Smacks of BJJ

As for the upswing in patron - not buying it

MOLD did that …. You can up the numbers but the monies don’t tally

You can join for a euro 💶
Just saying 😈

• Heart
From Chateaux DIY vlog ...

Zcn0o7SWRv-5RbCS7Xp7zzKQ=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

M B
14 hours agoWhat Stephanie and Dutch boyfriend Phillip?!? She has never said he was her boyfriend? Do you know something the rest of us don’t?

7X9tf4qQ_f70bWAtJMrQLHCo=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Muriel Kramer
14 hours ago
Yeah, it either seems like they didn't know that he's just a friend, or Steph and Philip were EXTREMELY secretive in their relationship, so as no one of us caught on, but I doubt that one.

Patricia Nolan
11 hours ago (edited)
They’ve been together for a year and yes she made him an ‘employee’ after they started to date. How her patrons who send her over $30k a month don’t have a problem with this little fact is beyond me.

Q3ScX-cyYqBQpYjkP4qZpBm6=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Lisa Akinlabi
10 hours ago
Yeah this is a tad shocking as there was never a hint of this in the years I have watched Stephanie. It would be lovely though as I like them both so much. 🙂

Nbd16bYmPNtq2l38asOWbq4Q=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Gee
9 hours ago
Apparently, according to a friend who is a patron of hers, she has been dating him for a while and that everyone knew, people from other chateaus included. This means all the times she stayed at other chateaus and pretended they were sleeping in seperate bedrooms it was a lie to cover up their relationship.

QlpTor7vBdUycWyPfd3ZNPQw=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

SuperFossinator
5 hours ago
@Patricia Nolan he's not paid from the Patron funds. I'm a Patron and am very happy for them. FYI none of our business

Gee
4 hours ago
@SuperFossinator I don't mind they are in a relationship, I mind that she lied to cover it up when they went away. Why always put on a display about having separate rooms when they were sleeping in the same bed - she should have just not told anyone where they were sleeping. I no longer see her in the same light.

7X9tf4qQ_f70bWAtJMrQLHCo=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Muriel Kramer
2 hours ago
@Gee Exactly, I'm extremely happy for both of them, but being deliberately misled to believe the opposite feels weird. And after so long! I could've understood keeping it under wraps for the first weeks/months, but all this time? We see that they make each other happy and have very similar interests and passions, what would they be afraid of?

Patricia Nolan
2 hours ago
@SuperFossinator why go to such lengths to lie and drag the other chateau owners into it? I always felt they behaved a little differently around poor Philip but now we know why. Who wants to be perpetuating lies on film? And what else is being lied about?

Gee
1 hour ago (edited)
@Patricia Nolan I feel the same. I remember when she went to stay with Philip and Anna at Chateau le Fleur and doing a whole song and dance about saying goodnight to Philip (her Philip) and saying that she hopes he enjoys his room and she was off to go and edit. She didn’t need to do that, they could have just not filmed going to bed. Why lie and perform? I understand her desire to keep it private, but I don’t support the nonsense she did to try and cover up for it.

Patricia Nolan
1 hour ago
@Gee oh and she had herself filmed in a hospital bed with a mystery illness so claiming privacy now seems redundant. Sorry but have such a hard time believing liars. And forcing Marie and Cat and Selmer and Dan and Nati to go along is terrible.

w8hmdACcYLuGC7ZTikVK3vCg=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Lainie Weeks
58 minutes ago
Quite the revelation, huh? I'm pasting my reply to another comment-- Stephanie did a live Q&A with the patrons and these were my big takeaways: 1) Like the rest of us, Stephanie always thought Philip was gay. He jumps in to tell her that at some point, he communicated that he was (also?) "interested in women". She was surprised one day when he tried to kiss her. They'd bonded so much over china and tableware, she thought she'd give it a try! LOL. (Ok that last part was me paraphrasing.) 2) She was asked if she and Philip have long-term plans for their future. When she (very appropriately, gracefully) began to answer that most relationships come to an end eventually, referencing how well she gets along with all her exes ((between the lines implication: no reason for there to be be drama when this one ends!)), and evoked the very large age difference in this case, and Philip's dream to be a musical theatre star (which he can't do in rural France)...This was all very clear messaging: Stephanie was trying to communicate that she cares for Philip, but she doesn't see this as a long-term situation. -- HOWEVER! Young Philip was adamant! Jumping in to say that he sees NO REASON this relationship should EVER end. (LOL, dear reader, I yelped!) It was so embarrassing. 3) When asked by a patron whether a ring she wears is a duplicate of one of Philip's, Stephanie explains that NO, they are not matching rings. It's only a coincidence that they look alike. At which point, the following exchange occurs: Philip: "We're not married". Stephanie (laughing uncomfortably): NO! No no no no no no Philip: "But if we were to marry, would it be in the chapel? Or somewhere else?" Stephanie: "....." (horrified, confused): What? (incredulous, annoyed) No, no, no, we're NOT talking about marriage!! Philip: "I, I... wasn't... never mind." Honestly, I feel badly for Stephanie. I'm a fan and a patron, but she made a mistake, getting into this. Philip definitely wants to "s'incruster" /to stay forever at the chateau. And he did not miss an opportunity to declare his lordship during that Q&A. He's either actually in love, or this is a grift. She's going to have a terrible time getting loose of this kid. It's much better to be the chatelaine's payroll boyfriend and to travel the world buying dishes and antique furniture, than to have to wait tables between auditions. Why would he ever want to leave? Ohhh la la la la. Stephanie, I wish you luck!
Show less

OUd3h6kAX8UYN-hTx_Cz-yfG=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Bibi BonBon
36 minutes ago

Bibi BonBon
33 minutes ago
@Muriel Kramer Loos the rich gay demographics, a big part of their income?

Bibi BonBon
30 minutes ago
@Patricia Nolan Exactly: what else is being lied about? Wake up people!

Patricia Nolan
17 minutes ago
@Bibi BonBon will she still do the phony filming of her ‘just waking up’ knowing that Philip just rolled out of bed and turned the camera on?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I wish Selmar & Tatti only the best! I hope their crazy chateau dream works out for them. He is a bit of an eccentric character & seems she is too. I also think he has a big heart because of how he cares so much for animals, that really tells you something about a person.

Anyway, what do you think his camper van smells like? Ever time I see it, I can’t help but wonder. It can’t smell good. My guess is a mix of cat pee, dirty dog, dirty laundry, feet & Febreeze.

• Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.