The Chateau Diaries #81 Octo-Oedipus: being straight to ingratiate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's just throwing a bone at her patrons, showing she's getting things "done". But what is the purpose of this room other than wasting space??
she is trying to create a cabinet,,we have it in here...its the most intimate and also smallest place in an appartment..just enough room to have a fireplace in it..a few chairs and not much else really..i never understood why they did this in the past..to invite your best and most important friend into your closet..but hey,,nowaday we store stuff in it..and we invite our guest in the diningroom and the salon..i dont need to invite my best friends into my closet...i have been out of the closet since i was 23...also a bit late when you look at it now..lucky many things have changed.....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I'm imagining the two chairs in pink and maybe that would work in a confectionery sort of atmosphere. Without the flowers though, the room doesn't really work. So they need to depend on fresh flowers to be always be there???

I do wonder what a professional talented designer would have done with all those medallions.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The tattle Friday party has started... But I'm afraid I cannot join.... have dinner plans with some friends in this new surf & turf specialty restaurant and they are supposed to have a very good cocktail menu... I'll drink one to tattle later tonight 😉

back to work for me now. see you all tomorrow
Stay funny, keep tattling and rattling cages 💙

Reactions: 24
I'm on red wine too! Cheers! Have a lovely weekend! 🍷
have to say..i am enjoying my weekend already since Tuesdaynight..things are slowing down here..with autumn coming..so more time to enjoy life..nice walks with the dogs..and some entertaining..also some hunting involved..i hope i dont offend anybody..its needed..the wild boar are getting out of hand...

Reactions: 21
The little cameos are "Grand Tour" collectables. They are cast in plaster and you can buy large collections of them for next to nothing. They came in big boxed portfolios and were mass produced. That Wedgwood bowl would cost less than $100 and is very common.

• Haha
  • Wow
she is trying to create a cabinet,,we have it in here...its the most intimate and also smallest place in an appartment..just enough room to have a fireplace in it..a few chairs and not much else really..i never understood why they did this in the past..to invite your best and most important friend into your closet..but hey,,nowaday we store stuff in it..and we invite our guest in the diningroom and the salon..i dont need to invite my best friends into my closet...i have been out of the closet since i was 23...also a bit late when you look at it now..lucky many things have changed.....
* I can understand the use of a small room with a fireplace back in the day: to keep warm. But THIS? agh!
* I could also understand the presence of a "cabinet de curiosités" those are fun, creepy and intriguing.
* 23 may be a wee bit late for personal comfort, but it's never too late to be out of the closet!

have to say..i am enjoying my weekend already since Tuesdaynight..things are slowing down here..with autumn coming..so more time to enjoy life..nice walks with the dogs..and some entertaining..also some hunting involved..i hope i dont offend anybody..its needed..the wild boar are getting out of hand...
Are you in Burgundy?
I personally have a soft spot for the Nievre 🤩

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I believe it is the entrance to Marquis Apartment from the yard.
Actually it's a little hallway behind the wintersalon that connects to the Marquis Apartment. The door with the table before it goes to the bathroom, making that table really annoying because that's one of the few downstairs loos, the only one working at the moment That table was put there just for the pictures and will be moved aside asap. There's a really old door to the courtyard that nobody uses because it doesn't open easily and another door into the bedroom of the Marquis apartment.
The entrance from the yard as you say is an even smaller room on the other side of the apartment, connecting to the living room and the kitchen. That's the secret project they are filming now, as it will be covered in the ugliest brown wallpaper I have ever seen, again totally mismatched LaLande style.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Stephanoligy - word to the wise

Your playing a dangerous game - deflecting to tattle as the cause of your downfall

You should have gotten your lies straight for tonight

Patrons won’t adore what’s coming
Tattle has same views as your vlog

Your media ineptitude’s are shining

It’s such a shame that there are hate sites and groups but just remember that lots of bloggers get this hate and it’s people with jealousy issues and nothing better to do. You’re not doing anything wrong, so please don’t ever change. You inspire so many people to live their dreams and for those that can’t travel (or live the chateau French country life), they can live vicariously through you and watching your videos always makes my day better (and for thousands of other people too).

I’m also so happy for you both. You both have so much in common that it doesn’t matter about age- plus you are a beautiful couple and it’s about what makes you happy that your true friends and supporters want only the best for you.

Forget the haters. The Lalande family outweighs them by over 164 thousand people! (Followers On YouTube) And more on other social media sites.

YouTube doesn't like ppl who bounce channels

Watch your algorithms get slaughtered
🤔💭💭

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It's like the room is a vingette composition.
Is it actually used as an entrance?

With a glass door to the yard it could have been a good "check-in" reception for bnb. You know where safety protocols are discussed and payments taken, perhaps maps of area.
She could have put that postcard holder she bought in there for La La postcards.
Or it could have been a mini shop window showcasing La La merchandise, advent displays.

Next time we see this space it will be full of dust and dead flowers.

Edit: belatedly saw Clara describe this as not an entrance.

• Haha
* I can understand the use of a small room with a fireplace back in the day: to keep warm. But THIS? agh!
* I could also understand the presence of a "cabinet de curiosités" those are fun, creepy and intriguing.
* 23 may be a wee bit late for personal comfort, but it's never too late to be out of the closet!

Are you in Burgundy?
No, we are in The Netherlands..at home..the house in the Bourgogne is closed now..no renting out..its too cold..the caretakers. a lovely couple..btw.. keep an eye on it..we may go down there for Christmas..not sure...my unmarried aunt is very ill..so we have to look after her also..we will see..

• Heart
Reactions: 22
No, we are in The Netherlands..at home..the house in the Bourgogne is closed now..no renting out..its too cold..the carekeepers keep an eye on it..we may go down there for Christmas..not sure...my unmarried aunt is very ill..so we have to look after her also..we will see..
I hope you can make it for Christmas, provided your aunt is well.
I don't know why, when you spoke of boar being out of hand, I immediately thought of Burgundy. I guess the problem is the same throughout Europe!

Reactions: 10
No this room was already shown on TV. Don't know why she is telling her patrons they are getting a sneak peek! 🤔
Yes this is the room that they were doing up in the episode where PJ was called SJ's Dutch boyfriend (Wednesday). The plaster cameo's had been sent to her and she didn't know what she had. She and Cat spent ages setting out the pattern on the floor before they were hot glue gun'd to the wall. SJ had barely started when she balls up the design.
The reveal of the hallway, even if C4 hadn't outed the couple, would have shown that they were a couple anyway. PJ was brought in with SJ holding her hands over his eves until the grand reveal.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Good gracious could Michael sell snow to an inuit.
AGA, KitchenAid, Spode, Bombay Sapphire gin spokesperson. Only the finest for the golden prodigal son.
Also Michael saying he didn't vlog the Halloween party only to have had uploaded a Halloween party video. *sarcastic laugh*
Sorry but why make a seperate bolognese sauce for Mo, it's not like you couldn't do a bolognese sauce sans pork, just this once. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.