The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think Ruth was part of this Oxford set, she's a good few years younger than SJ according to this article:

I remember a couple of digs she gave to SJ when she promoted the book on the vlog, saying the main character was in her 40s and how "inspiring" it was that someone could find love at that age :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Ruth met Potty through SJ? I think people have mentioned earlier that they were friends first?
Well i be damned, in the patreon Oli interview I am sure SJ says she was at college with Ruth. SJ definitely states in a vlog MP and Ruth met through her (2 of my dearest friends hooked up). I'm going to have to relisten to Oli interview. Apologies for my error.

Reactions: 5
I actually thought MP was a bit low key this Christmas trip, a bit needy in his eyes and constant bread making. Maybe SJ is not as needy of him anymore. She has 107k subscribers to save her. He is no longer a needed knight. Vibe definitely different.
Everything has change alot to fair too them all!

Reactions: 2
I don't think Ruth was part of the Oxford set, she's a good few years younger than SJ according to this article:

I remember a couple of digs she gave to SJ when she promoted the book on the vlog, saying the main character was in her 40s and how "inspiring" it was that someone could find love at that age :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Ruth met Potty through SJ? I think people have mentioned earlier that they were friends first?
They met at the chateau for sure. Potty was still with another girlfriend and Ruth was involved with someone for a long time, but not so happy if I remember correctly. She was def not from Oxford, but they met through SJ at the chateau, where she would come to party and cheat on her then boyfriend.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
They met at the chateau for sure. Potty was still with another girlfriend and Ruth was involved with someone for a long time, but not so happy if I remember correctly. She was def not from Oxford, but they met through SJ at the chateau, where she would come to party and cheat on her then boyfriend.
I cannot begin to tell you how much I’m enjoying your wonderful contributions 🙇‍♀️ 👏

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
It doesn't feel like cheating when it is with an ex, it sort of belongs to the past...no new damage is done ;) Shoot me, I'm not perfect. Ruth seems such a bore though, - shall we bet on how long she lasts? I put in 6 months.

• Haha
It doesn't feel like cheating when it is with an ex, it sort of belongs to the past...no new damage is done ;) Shoot me, I'm not perfect. Ruth seems such a bore though, - shall we bet on how long she lasts? I put in 6 months.
Nah, she's too happy modeling for Potty.

Reactions: 6
Update: I have checked the dates, this book was written before their time at Lalande. Nevertheless, it is something of a coincidence.

Okay, so one of the caretakers of Lalande wrote an undercover book about elderly care homes (not in English).

Many have speculated here on the wealth accumulated by the Jarvis family. As I have mentioned before, I am an old bag of bones, but I did work in London in the 80's as a Commercial Mortgage Broker. What I can also tell you about these "granny farms" is that the allowance to feed an "inmate" (as many of the investors referred to them) was GBP1.50 per day. There was a specific bank which was known to approve these loans, as other, more credible, banks would not have approved a business plan incorporating that kind of neglect. I was not directly involved with these loans but one of my close colleagues was - and deeply affected by it. I left the industry when Kuwait was invaded to go back to university but I can tell you that people with no knowledge or training were making a lot of money on these "granny farms". The only requirement was to employ a number of individuals with appropriate education, I cannot remember the ratio to patients, but I do remember that it was anything but generous. In sum, I think the agents on tattle are pretty much on the money when it comes to speculating about how Derek and Isabelle became wealthy.

So, why do I bring this up now? Well, the fact that one of the caretakers of the chateau (who is also a writer) had investigated elderly neglect in his own country, is an extraordinary coincidence. I wonder if what he heard, witnessed or experienced at Lalande triggered unpleasant memories of his investigative project some years earlier?

Well done Clara, a picture is emerging, and it is one that deserves to be in the attic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Clara's come to spill the beans and aren't we all lapping them right up! Haha

I'm pretty curious about SJ's last known bf... a younger guy in his 20s that she broke up with maybe a couple of years ago? He's been referred to a couple of times, including by Ruth!

Reactions: 11
Clara's come to spill the beans and aren't we all lapping them right up! Haha

I'm pretty curious about SJ's last known bf... a younger guy in his 20s that she broke up with maybe a couple of years ago? He's been referred to a couple of times, including by Ruth!
Was this Jamie .... one of volunteers ? I recall she instagrammed herself after the break up reclining on a day bed. I think he features in one her earlier vlogs (perhaps where she is in the kitchen talking about life at Lalande) there is a short clip of him , tall, dark, bearded dancing in the area cuisine to the back of the kitchen ....

Marie and Jamie were an item for a while during her first workaway at the chateau. She blogged about it.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Where was the fire?
The fire was outside the guardians house, where my friends lived and where Nic and Marie are settling in now. Outside that house are the main connections for all things electrical in the chateau. The whole thing burned down in January 2017 because of bad maintenance and instead of getting it fixed instantly she left things unattended for more than a year later, with only temporary fixes made by the firemen and a sign 'danger de mort', danger of dying, regardless of lived there she couldn't be bothered.
[/QUOTE]
Seriously hope Brenda is reading this.... and some of the other cult members...

• Haha
Well, we're only at the beginning of thread 8 but we should keep in mind “Venetian crown while the place burns down” as title for next thread.
Snap!!!! Thought the exact same thing as I read it... and no... I am not Philip...😆

Reactions: 7
Update: I have checked the dates, this book was written before their time at Lalande. Nevertheless, it is something of a coincidence.

Okay, so one of the caretakers of Lalande wrote an undercover book about elderly care homes (not in English).

Many have speculated here on the wealth accumulated by the Jarvis family. As I have mentioned before, I am an old bag of bones, but I did work in London in the 80's as a Commercial Mortgage Broker. What I can also tell you about these "granny farms" is that the allowance to feed an "inmate" (as many of the investors referred to them) was GBP1.50 per day. There was a specific bank which was known to approve these loans, as other, more credible, banks would not have approved a business plan incorporating that kind of neglect. I was not directly involved with these loans but one of my close colleagues was - and deeply affected by it. I left the industry when Kuwait was invaded to go back to university but I can tell you that people with no knowledge or training were making a lot of money on these "granny farms". The only requirement was to employ a number of individuals with appropriate education, I cannot remember the ratio to patients, but I do remember that it was anything but generous. In sum, I think the agents on tattle are pretty much on the money when it comes to speculating about how Derek and Isabelle became wealthy.

So, why do I bring this up now? Well, the fact that the couple who acted as caretakers of the chateau for three years (one of whom is a writer) had investigated elderly neglect in his own country, is an extraordinary coincidence and I wonder if what he witnessed at Lalande triggered unpleasant memories of his investigative project some years earlier.

Well done Clara, you have provided a missing link.
Argh my search history is going to be a mess today. Gay couple French youtubers dog dies author eldercare DIY. Someone throw me another hint so I can see their YouTube channel 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The fire was outside the guardians house, where my friends lived and where Nic and Marie are settling in now. Outside that house are the main connections for all things electrical in the chateau. The whole thing burned down in January 2017 because of bad maintenance and instead of getting it fixed instantly she left things unattended for more than a year later, with only temporary fixes made by the firemen and a sign 'danger de mort', danger of dying, regardless of lived there she couldn't be bothered.
[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't care.

Argh my search history is going to be a mess today. Gay couple French youtubers dog dies author eldercare DIY. Someone throw me another hint so I can see their YouTube channel 😂
They are not French, they just live there! ;)

They don't have a YT channel.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She wasn't cheating with an ex but with any available guys at the chateau at the time, while her boyfriend was at home in London.

• Wow
  • Haha
They wouldn't care.

[/QUOTE]
Indeed, no youtube. They have a website called domaine les pierres and instagram. All rather in the open and easy findable :cool:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She wasn't cheating with an ex but with any available guys at the chateau at the time, while her boyfriend was at home in London.
That must be why Ruth is so camera shy now... she was worried this would all come out in the open. She will be very embarrassed if reading this and I wouldn't be surprised if we see very little of her in future.

• Haha
They wouldn't care.

Indeed, no youtube. They have a website called domaine les pierres and instagram. All rather in the open and easy findable :cool:
[/QUOTE]
Fridays at work are a little slow 😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.