The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is utterly immoral to allow Selmar to carry those slabs. If he injures himself, I cannot see SJ tending to him. The poor man is in love and would do anything to see her smile at him.

Heartbreaking to watch, he doesn't realise that he will never have her... this is not "Far from the Madding Crowd".
You are utterly correct. I feel really sorry for him. His very being is so saturated with love and adoration for SJ that it seeps through the screen when you watch his puppy eyes gaze at her.
She will know this of course and in every way is using his vulnerability. A Fetch n’ go lapdog like Phillip is one thing, but to see Selmar looking at the floor and then attempting to carry out her wishes, literally hurt my heart. Her disregard for his well being is nothing short of callous irresponsibility.

It is utterly immoral to allow Selmar to carry those slabs. If he injures himself, I cannot see SJ tending to him. The poor man is in love and would do anything to see her smile at him.

Heartbreaking to watch, he doesn't realise that he will never have her... this is not "Far from the Madding Crowd".
You are correct. I feel really sorry for him. His very being is so saturated with love and adoration for SJ that it seeps through the screen when you watch his puppy eyes gaze at her.
She will know this of course and in every way is using his vulnerability. A Fetch n’ go lapdog lije Phillip is one thing, but to see Selmar looking at the floor and then attempting to carry out her wishes, literally hurt my heart. Her disregard for his well being is nothing short of callous irresponsibility.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
However, She does know a ‘Baron’ who featured recently in her vlog. Not sure if he is married/gay/spoken for but SJ could compensate for her mother’s disappointment by becoming a ‘Baroness’ . She could mould herself of along the lines of the Captain’s girlfriend in The Sound of Music 😂

Actually cancel that idea ... the Baroness actually got dumped and he went off with the household help. ! There you go Marie, you’re still in with a chance ! 😉😄
The Baroness is the saddest character in Sound of Music. Always gets forgotten.

Reactions: 11
Ruth might be ex Daily Mail, but obviously the story is completely controlled by her boyfriend Potty.
We have previously speculated on the vibe between SJ and Potty and The Now Invisible Ruthie . From the way he behaves with Stephanie (and SJ to him “Welcome HOME”) I agree with you. If TNIR wants to keep Potty she must not step out of line by spilling the beans in an unfavourable way about SJ. I think many of us get the impression he is still in love with her or certainly ‘under her spell’. The only way Ruth can object and show she’s not happy with the situation is by making a No-Show on SJ’s vlogs. One can only imagine what TNIR feels inside when she sees those two vain kids constantly fawning over each other .

Reactions: 8
ok now they know not to look into mirrors and hide in the cupboards, delete old posts, but they are still self-absorbed enough to leave the trails behind - like discussing the Venice trip (not sure if people actually realized that they had an apartment reserved and all wanted to go!!! when do you think that this briliant idea started - during the year obviously when the pandemic was/is still ongoing, but of course it doesn't concern her, Dear Brenda could travel so can she...#facepalm)

therefore I wouldn't worry, there surely will be enough content to entertain us :m
Though she planned this Venice trip in summer already I believe. Anyway I think they go every year.

Reactions: 4
We have previously speculated on the vibe between SJ and Potty and The Now Invisible Ruthie . From the way he behaves with Stephanie (and SJ to him “Welcome HOME”) I agree with you. If TNIR wants to keep Potty she must not step out of line by spilling the beans in an unfavourable way about SJ. I think many of us get the impression he is still in love with her or certainly ‘under her spell’. The only way Ruth can object and show she’s not happy with the situation is by making a No-Show on SJ’s vlogs. One can only imagine what TNIR feels inside when she sees those two vain kids constantly fawning over each other .
Ruth needs to grow a pair and find a real man.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Well done, I knew it! (y) :ROFLMAO::coffee: Deem yourself commended agent.
Heathcliffe you come on line/wake up and read the thread and your first comment is about the Pethricks!!!!! Have you read Clara's posts????? I've been waiting for you to comment.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Ruth should write another novel .... all characters being fictitious and not Based on any persons living or dead ! Revenge is a “dish best served cold “ as they say ....:cool:

Reactions: 15
There's a definite spell that SJ has over her two exes, Nic and Potty. Not sure if it's love, not in the any physical sense, but she's number one for them, always.

Potty's previous girlfriend, before Ruth, broke it of because of his devotion to SJ.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
There's a definite spell that SJ has over her two exes, Nic and Potty. Not sure if it's love, not in the any physical sense, but she's number one for them, always.

Potty's previous girlfriend, before Ruth, broke it of because of his devotion to SJ.
Wow. Not to surprised to hear that. Ruth was probably secretly crushing on Potty during the years that SJ was with him and is seethingly putting up with it - or she’ll lose him.

You can really sense that devotion. Not easy for Marie or Ruth. If my partner went off to Scotland on an annual trip with his ex, I think I’d feel a real sense of divided loyalties. When push comes to shove, you want to know your partner is on your side.

My advice to Marie and Ruth would be ‘Don’t put that to the test .....’

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Isn't he a few years younger than SJ? Makes sense as to why he is now with Ruthie an existing member of Oxford set. Seriously for 19 years he has celebrated Christmas with SJ. In the last 10 how many spent with his own parents (before his father died)

It does seem like there's a peculiar dynamic going on between SJ and her exes... Not that I don't think one couldn't be good friends with someone after a break-up, but Potty in particular seems to be well under her thumb and it seems there'd be a lot more bagagge with him if they were together for a whole decade. More of a grey area with Nic, but I'm impressed that his wife seems so unfazed about it and in fact seems to be very keen on LaLande. I think it shows great character on her part! It definitely seems it'd be nice to be friends with SJ and drop in every now and then for a party or two but being around her all the time would be exhausting and, ultimately, would end up in disappointment (just look at Norwegian Marie's sulky moods!).

Isn't he a few years younger than SJ? Makes sense as to why he is now with Ruthie an existing member of Oxford set. Seriously for 19 years he has celebrated Christmas with SJ. In the last 10 how many spent with his own parents (before his father died)
Of all her devoted ex lovers, Potty is the one with the actual longest relationship with her. they were together for more than ten years, I heard.

It does seem like there's a peculiar dynamic going on between SJ and her exes... Not that I don't think one couldn't be good friends with someone after a break-up, but Potty in particular seems to be well under her thumb and it seems there'd be a lot more bagagge with him if they were together for a whole decade. More of a grey area with Nic, but I'm impressed that his wife seems so unfazed about it and in fact seems to be very keen on LaLande. I think it shows great character on her part! It definitely seems it'd be nice to be friends with SJ and drop in every now and then for a party or two but being around her all the time would be exhausting and, ultimately, would end up in disappointment (just look at Norwegian Marie's sulky moods!).
Both boys are in the same business with her. Before she started vlogging they were the ones paying for her lifestyle mostly.

I wonder if Nic was like Oli and a bit daggy at Oxford, suddenly this beautiful enchanting girl becomes their friend and they have crazy, silly fun together. Did her magic rub off on them a bit? They have grown up, but SJ is still back in the 90s. It was Oli she went to and squattered after marriage broke up. Fierce friendships.

I don't think Ruth was part of the Oxford set, she's a good few years younger than SJ according to this article:

I remember a couple of digs she gave to SJ when she promoted the book on the vlog, saying the main character was in her 40s and how "inspiring" it was that someone could find love at that age :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Ruth met Potty through SJ? I think people have mentioned earlier that they were friends first?

Last edited:
I wonder if Nic was like Oli and a bit daggy at Oxford, suddenly this beautiful enchanting girl becomes their friend and they have crazy, silly fun together. Did her magic rub off on them a bit? They have grown up, but SJ is still back in the 90s. It was Oli she went to and squattered after marriage broke up. Fierce friendships.
I actually thought MP was a bit low key this Christmas trip, a bit needy in his eyes and constant bread making. Maybe SJ is not as needy of him anymore. She has 107k subscribers to save her. He is no longer a needed knight. Vibe definitely different.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Heathcliffe you come on line/wake up and read the thread and your first comment is about the Pethricks!!!!! Have you read Clara's posts????? I've been waiting for you to comment.
Oh Rory give me a break ;) 🍸🍾 Of course I have read it...I am just a lazy and inconsistent commentator, pardon moi mes amies:giggle: Truth to be told I am not surprised though...I don't think you are either. As much as I would indeed enjoy close ups with our Lady (never say never...) she is a master in moving on and she needs stepping stones to get her across rough terrain. Takes one to recognise one...though for me I suppose it's business rather than my social life for the most part. What has had me LOL though:LOL: here lately is the potty mouth of slutty Sadie, now that is amusement. Sandro is quite right, hold on to the evidence, it vanishes like smoke as soon as you hit "post reply". The travelling Trotters may be lookers in the right light, but lazy, mouthy, and easlily bored. I don't dare generalise about their background, heh he, or someone will have my guts for garters again. Having said that, if I was to give our Lady S some decent advice, in addition to some exercise, I would tell her to plant lots of wrong information on this site...smoke and mirrors, interesting...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
The wardrobe cleanup is due to the room used as a wardrobe being demolished for her apartment reno. Discussed with Ian in one of the vlogs. The plan is to create a seperate office/desk area. Her bedroom is entered down a private hallway 2-3 doors on right, lots of junk not sorted then at the end the door we see everyone opens whilst she is in bed. Taking some of the wall out in hallway to those rooms one of which is her closet.
That's what I understood was the plan.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.