The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm having difficulty being negative about this. I've had family and friends give each small amounts during tough times, a couple hundred every now and again when big bills come in like school starting or electricity bills in winter. I've rented villas large enough to invite friends to join us on holiday and not asked them to contribute. I know a Chateau is a different level of commitment, however if her friends choose to do this then that's their choice.
I would agree, except there was no reason for her to accept at the time and it wasn't about tough times. Not important though.

Reactions: 7
Myself and one other commented on this as Ruthie is ex Daily Mail. Hence my continual amazement at no professional marketing help.
I didn’t know Ruth ex Daily Mail. Agree it is amazing she hasn’t got professional advice. To me this suggests that like any child who is used to getting her own way, she doesn’t want to take advice. Because of course, she thinks she knows best.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The fire was outside the guardians house, where my friends lived and where Nic and Marie are settling in now. Outside that house are the main connections for all things electrical in the chateau. The whole thing burned down in January 2017 because of bad maintenance and instead of getting it fixed instantly she left things unattended for more than a year later, with only temporary fixes made by the firemen and a sign 'danger de mort', danger of dying, regardless of lived there she couldn't be bothered.
When you say ‘the whole thing burnt down’ do you actually mean part/guardians house was seriously damaged ? Somehow that doesn’t surprise me AT ALL ! Loving having you here and these IRL insights .... I feel so disappointed (but not surprised) that the speculation laid out in these threads, actually has some truth. I had originally been a huge fan. Arrived here because I just couldn’t understand the Patreon account and why so many people gave to a woman who had so much. As tine hues on, I wonder that more than ever.

Many people are saying they are happy to see DIY starting again at CDLL particularly for Selmar. May I just add that I work in high end property development / Building and whilst I understand that using volunteers is cheaper (er ... free) than paying for tradesman, there are times when the professionals must be brought in. Dear Selmar should stick to the tango and a bit of woodwork, imo he, like many there, is a bit of a Bodger. Some of the electrics are more than questionable ... and as for taking up that floor and patch-working it elsewhere ...😵

I feel so sorry for your friends to be used in that way. Horrid. Isabelle & SJ ultimately sound like a self-centred, hard-nosed pair of users. They are certainly not living in the real world nor paying any respect to those who aren’t so fortunate - and that’s even before Covid hit.
[/QUOTE]

I agree about Selma. He bluffs his way through a lot of ‘repairs’. Last vlog when he was pointing out ‘thickness’ of the wonderful floor ‘tiles’ I immediately thought that’s just soil/sand/earth that has stuck hard on the underside. Few minutes into the vlog he then tells her that the ‘tiles’ are much thinner than he thought and he could level them out. A blind man could have seen that from first glance!!! It made me start to wonder about the other things he’s done. He’s good at tango dancing and drawing and chopping logs.

Reactions: 11
I would agree, except there was no reason for her to accept at the time and it wasn't about tough times. Not important though.
But I will say some of her friends that come are diverse. Like David,Hash and Davey have me puzzled no end. I don't think they are part of the Oxford set.

Reactions: 6
Myself and one other commented on this as Ruthie is ex Daily Mail. Hence my continual amazement at no professional marketing help.
Ruth might be ex Daily Mail, but obviously the story is completely controlled by her boyfriend Potty.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
The wardrobe cleanup is due to the room used as a wardrobe being demolished for her apartment reno. Discussed with Ian in one of the vlogs. The plan is to create a seperate office/desk area. Her bedroom is entered down a private hallway 2-3 doors on right, lots of junk not sorted then at the end the door we see everyone opens whilst she is in bed. Taking some of the wall out in hallway to those rooms one of which is her closet.
That was my thought, too. She is clearing up what is necessary to get her bedroom reno started. And the room for the China and library, that's all.
She will keep most of the costumes since they are needed for the parties and others wear them, too.
She sure has more evening dresses than most of us, but then she needs some for her concerts. Even I have one in black, red and white and the same in short and middle and long and then versions for summer and winter along with shoes and bags. And I am no way a typical woman who likes to spent money on clothes and shoes. It's just what accumulates after years when going to weddings, baptisms, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Apologies if this has been shared before,

"Eat The Sun" (2011) trailer

Doc: Can I ask the reason why are you doing this?
Mason: I’m still working on that...

Please, do not try this at home

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm having difficulty being negative about this. I've had family and friends give each small amounts during tough times, a couple hundred every now and again when big bills come in like school starting or electricity bills in winter. I've rented villas large enough to invite friends to join us on holiday and not asked them to contribute. I know a Chateau is a different level of commitment, however if her friends choose to do this then that's their choice.
I understand. But this was referred to as ‘pocket money’ such as that which you would ‘give a teenager’ . That’s quite different from the kindness shown to you by your lovely friends, I think it was not so much the fact that money was being given to her, more that it was truly ‘pocket money’ and the suggestion she was perhaps almost ‘child like’ to her friends who treated her as such.

But I will say some of her friends that come are diverse. Like David,Hash and Davey have me puzzled no end. I don't think they are part of the Oxford set.
Hash was a guest and become a friend. Dave was a volunteer, I guess a viewer who offered his service as a landscaper. David was a volunteer I believe.

Reactions: 5
That was my thought, too. She is clearing up what is necessary to get her bedroom reno started. And the room for the China and library, that's all.
She will keep most of the costumes since they are needed for the parties and others wear them, too.
She sure has more evening dresses than most of us, but then she needs some for her concerts. Even I have one in black, red and white and the same in short and middle and long and then versions for summer and winter along with shoes and bags. And I am no way a typical woman who likes to spent money on clothes and shoes. It's just what accumulates after years when going to weddings, baptisms, etc.
Oh thank goodness someone else remembers! On you tube and patreon they think it's a bloody cleanse! One idiot suggested Selmar build her a walk in wardrobe...after watching a video of her in her walk in ward-room!!!! Did anyone else notice Selmar was digging up the floor of the dairy/china pantry whilst it is still full of stuff. Maybe the lake will refill in the dairy once Selmar finishes removing the floor.

• Haha
Guess again....
Well if we are guessing, my guess is that it is a gay couple who were on Workaway as hosts on her behalf. The little "Hansel & Gretel" type house they bought had pink shutters and they recently had some difficulty with a neighbour's building work. His initial is I.

If this is incorrect then it is just a coincidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
When you say ‘the whole thing burnt down’ do you actually mean part/guardians house was seriously damaged ? Somehow that doesn’t surprise me AT ALL ! Loving having you here and these IRL insights .... I feel so disappointed (but not surprised) that the speculation laid out in these threads, actually has some truth. I had originally been a huge fan. Arrived here because I just couldn’t understand the Patreon account and why so many people gave to a woman who had so much. As tine hues on, I wonder that more than ever.

Many people are saying they are happy to see DIY starting again at CDLL particularly for Selmar. May I just add that I work in high end property development / Building and whilst I understand that using volunteers is cheaper (er ... free) than paying for tradesman, there are times when the professionals must be brought in. Dear Selmar should stick to the tango and a bit of woodwork, imo he, like many there, is a bit of a Bodger. Some of the electrics are more than questionable ... and as for taking up that floor and patch-working it elsewhere ...😵

I feel so sorry for your friends to be used in that way. Horrid. Isabelle & SJ ultimately sound like a self-centred, hard-nosed pair of users. They are certainly not living in the real world nor paying any respect to those who aren’t so fortunate - and that’s even before Covid hit.
I agree about Selma. He bluffs his way through a lot of ‘repairs’. Last vlog when he was pointing out ‘thickness’ of the wonderful floor ‘tiles’ I immediately thought that’s just soil/sand/earth that has stuck hard on the underside. Few minutes into the vlog he then tells her that the ‘tiles’ are much thinner than he thought and he could level them out. A blind man could have seen that from first glance!!! It made me start to wonder about the other things he’s done. He’s good at tango dancing and drawing and chopping logs.
[/QUOTE]
You are spot on. SJ has previously mentioned Selmar’s ‘bad neck’ which is obviously an ongoing issue for him. He was laid low with it last month. When I saw those heavy slabs it was apparent straight away he wouldn’t be able to lift them. Indeed he later asked Weedy Weak Phillip to help him ... to do what ? To brush the sand from them 😂. I seriously hope her insurance is up to date because so many things in that chateau look like an accident waiting to happen .

An Injury at Work could have serious consequences and if Selmar was my volunteer, lifting and relaying that floor would be one task I simply wouldn’t dream of asking him to do. Just saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I understand. But this was referred to as ‘pocket money’ such as that which you would ‘give a teenager’ . That’s quite different from the kindness shown to you by your lovely friends, I think it was not so much the fact that money was being given to her, more that it was truly ‘pocket money’ and the suggestion she was perhaps almost ‘child like’ to her friends who treated her as such.
Bingo!

Well if we are guessing, my guess is that it is a gay couple who were on Workaway as hosts on her behalf. The little "Hansel & Gretel" type house they bought had pink shutters and they recently had some difficulty with a neighbour's building work. His initial is I.
Spot on!

Reactions: 12
You are spot on. SJ has previously mentioned Selmar’s ‘bad neck’ which is obviously an ongoing issue for him. He was laid low with it last month. When I saw those heavy slabs it was apparent straight away he wouldn’t be able to lift them. Indeed he later asked Weedy Weak Phillip to help him ... to do what ? To brush the sand from them 😂. I seriously hope her insurance is up to date because so many things in that chateau look like an accident waiting to happen .

An Injury at Work could have serious consequences and if Selmar was my volunteer, lifting and relaying that floor would be one task I simply wouldn’t dream of asking him to do. Just saying.
It is utterly immoral to allow Selmar to carry those slabs. If he injures himself, I cannot see SJ tending to him. The poor man is in love and would do anything to see her smile at him.

Heartbreaking to watch, he doesn't realise that he will never have her... this is not "Far from the Madding Crowd".

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Struggling here. Drain in floor removed, damp floor, solution is......... waterproof membrane. Floors set, water will make it's own path. More damp stain on walls. Fix the drainage issues, it's not sexy but keeps the structure.

Maries body language was telling in the meeting. 5 left, Philip talking about cooking, Selmar not buying it and, Nati being point on discussion , LOTL observing and Marie pbly will end up in kitchen nonstop.

Hire a social media team or at least a manager. Come up with your brand vision beyond cash flow and flush it out with VAs. Draft acceptable responses, not ffs it's just a card. Promote caring responses, response should have been message me at ... and we can look into it. Seriously deleting is like letting the water continue to damage the structural integrity of your castle (brand).
He seems to be very wealthy though, so Mummy would approve after spending Stephanie's entire childhood paying for piano lessons, singing lessons getting her to take her French O level at just 11 & having a news article about this in the newspapers. Along with the elocution lessons & trying to make her fit to marry into money. I get a feeling they are new money not old. Hence all the grifting, smoke & mirrors. Mummy seems to be continually disappointed in her investment 😕
So what, then Isabelle went along and married some money. You are never too old to catch some even older guy with money by showing him some décolleté . Look how she baby talks with him, but lets him speak harshly with her. She would not allow this anybody else. Just waiting for him to put her in his testament.

She is very charming indeed in real life, but as I have not that special attachment that seems to be driving the other sex, I couldn't be the final judge.

Oh, he fools around. A lot.

Guess again....
The other Ian? 😂

• Haha
So what, then Isabelle went along and married some money. You are never too old to catch some even older guy with money by showing him some décolleté . Look how she baby talks with him, but lets him speak harshly with her. She would not allow this anybody else. Just waiting for him to put her in his testament.
That romance was milked on the vlog obviously. But the run up to that marriage wasn't as romantic as portrayed. She wanted to make sure it would be in her total interest before she'd say yes to him.

It is utterly immoral to allow Selmar to carry those slabs. If he injures himself, I cannot see SJ tending to him. The poor man is in love and would do anything to see her smile at him.

Heartbreaking to watch, he doesn't realise that he will never have her... this is not "Far from the Madding Crowd".
This is what I told my friends when they were in that position, but it's not possible to get through once they are under her spell.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.