The Chateau Diaries #75 Dan an honorary VIP on here. We could refer to him as DTMVIP.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw these today on a video and first thought...send them to Lalande!!!...LOL

View attachment 818779View attachment 818782View attachment 818783
Aargh! I went to the dentist yesterday for a bridge fitting. This is is traumatic. We need a trigger warning for these images. 😬 Lol!, 🤣🤣
Yesterday I looked like the first vase, (British teeth) now I'm happy to say I look like the fourth one. Well not quite the same.My head is a different shape and I have eyes. A trip to the hygienist on Friday and I'll be gleaming
😁😁😁😬🤞

Hate? I don't. And I am A VIP!!!
We know you like Stephanie 💕. I don't dislike her either, I used to love watching the early vlogs. I think the whole thing has got out of hand since she joined Patreon. The stress of keeping up the delusion for fans that the chateau is "magical" and life is a perfect idyll, is starting to affect her.
She's an idiot to keep on spending the money on travelling, clothes, antiques while the place clearly needs new heating. I suppose she's making hay while the sun shines.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
She's like an overexcited small child! Very rude.
Dan said quite a while back he didn't want gifts. It was after the huge chandelier was sent to Anneliese. Do they still have that? It was massive. Imagine if Stephanie', s mad fans started sending his children stuff every week. I know that things have been sent for them at Christmas. Dan is quite right to keep out of all that madness as much as possible
The chandelier is installed. In the kitchen (the only room in that tiny cottage with enough ceiling height...it looks very odd but Annalise loves it, and was overwhelmed with happiness, so I'm saying nothing else!).

Veering off at a tangent, I was bored and did some floral sleuthing in and around Haworth. I hope FRK has found this source of cut flowers and foliage which is within popping-in distance:

And there's a massive flower wholesale place, which sells everything floristry, fairly close by, too.

When Marie did the wedding last month, she drive to Bordeaux - a 5 hour round trip from her erstwhile "studio" at Lalande - to collect the flowers she'd ordered. Complete madness. Any saving from buying wholesale would have been gobbled up in petrol and her "dead" time in driving there and back.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
After reading so many comments about the kitchen area being nasty I’m curious how France regulates food in a B&B setting, if at all. In the US we have to adhere to certain food service regulations and have inspections from the State Department of Agriculture. That doesn’t necessarily mean a kitchen in the US isn’t also going to be nasty at any given point, some people just don’t care about the regulations and some home bakers stay under the radar, but the structure of accountability is there. After seeing some close ups of the kitchen I’m not surprised Dan cooked at home and drove the food over.
From the French government website re. BnB (Chambres d'hotes) : Google translation

"The guest room (s) must be located in the inhabitant's house or apartment.

The rental of a guest room includes the combined supply of a night's stay and breakfast. Reception is provided by the inhabitant. It cannot rent more than 5 rooms per dwelling, nor accommodate more than 15 people at the same time. Each guest room gives access (directly or indirectly) to a bathroom and a toilet. It must be in accordance with the regulations on hygiene, safety and sanitation. The rental is matched, at a minimum, with the supply of linens and breakfast."

"
Health and Safety
Note that the display of mandatory hygiene standards related to the catering activity is required.
In addition to complying with regulations, this will also reassure your customers about the quality of the meal served and the way it was prepared.

So if you took HACCP training during your business license training, put the certificate in plain view.
A table d'hôtes meal served in the good franquette does not exempt the host from respecting the standards in force appearing in the decree of May 9, 1995.

In the event of a problem with a customer (food poisoning, unreported allergen, etc.) you run the risk of sanctions or even an administrative closure.
Check with the Departmental Directorate for Competition, Consumption and Fraud Control (DDCCRF) or the veterinary services."

• Heart
I kind of hope that the waterman changes also the rusty joint

secondly, did you notice Nuttie admitting that she is on the level "I m wearing my BF's clothes'' ? 17:48

lastly, someone sent a package to DAN, SJ assumed the position and inserted her grabby hands and professed how she is going to use it at the shitteao and who is going to get what including pens, diamond cutter etc.

should I comment on Silimar, he is on his way out and Sj cannot wait, the scene with the poor animal said it all "don't YOU worry I know where the cat food is, or someone ELSE will tell me, you go and better do not come back, have a lovely time"

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
My final thought: (confirming someone else's idea just don't remeber who it was)
Originally i thought that SJ will be travelling left and righ after lockdown leaving the shitoo to Silimar to take care somehow and of course Nutty and volunteers

In the mean time Dan came along and even better AnnaMarie showed up

And somehow in the shady shiteline universe yet again, the plot falls into place, and AnnaMarie ( the super worker of the year in all things house related) and his gurlfriend Nutty (her right and left hand many time the rational side of her brain too) will be left the shitoo as guardians (as SJ is used to it anyway)
SJ will have spare time on her hands and finally be able to purchase her daddy's dream(issue) house in Venice

Therefor the appartment for Nutty had to be super beautiful and equipped, she was gifter even a boyfriend so she doesnt run away when she realizes that she has life to live (elsewhere) and wants a family and whatnot and sees SJ herself enjoying life and laughter while she js left in the ruin by herself with no laughter
Nuttty (as much as i dislike her fakery and shadyness) is the only reliable person, the mummy substitute who keeps everyone in check and keeps the works running
Sj needs her, without her she would be stuck with randoms in her house, not doing what they should be etc
noone will convince me that SJ wasnt behind these two getting together and living happily ever after in the ruin while princess will be whisked off to the best locations all over the world

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
SJ will have spare time on her hands and finally be able to purchase her daddy dream(issue) house in Venice
And that's where( maybe) all her Patrons' money will go (or already is... in a nice and discreet Italian or Swiss bank account).

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
And that's where( maybe) all her Patrons' money will go (or already is... in a nice and discreet Italian or Swiss bank account).
I am telling you I am learning here...
I am used to work huge corporations (many you would know) and all the shadyness, narcs and tax optimalisation which comes with it,
But SJ is just on another level

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just how many chateau vlogs are there?!?!! I've never heard of this one.

chateau diaries
Doing it Ourselves/The Pethericks/Sadie
Chateau de la Ferte
How to Renovate a Chateau
Bordeaux Life
The Chronicles of Rosieres
Castle ten Burge
Manor & Maker
Chateau Love
Escape to the Dream
Chateau du Breuil

Who am I missing?
Here are some vlogs that are a little harder to find:

Lord of the Flies A spin-off of Chateau Diaries where SJ drops off her employees, volunteers, and friends on a deserted island to fight to the death for her amusement

Star Wars Episode XII - Escape to the Death Star Follows renovations to the Death Star…doesn’t end well for the Death Star, much like La La Lande

Swiss Family Robinson The ultimate in do-it-yourself

Gone With the Wind SJ living out a fantasy as a feisty southern belle; squirrel boy stars as Mr. Charles Hamilton

Trading Spaces (Changing Rooms) A decorating vlog where SJ trades spaces with another chateau owner and they decorate each other’s room. SJ definitely gets the better end of the deal in this one…but the looks on the chateau owners’ faces when they see THEIR room done by SJ is priceless! Many tears are shed, but not by SJ!

7947F998-CA51-4CB9-A199-388CCA21FAC6.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
whilst perusing tattler just now, an ad for Smugglebys popped up (yes, too dim to use an ad blocker ) for an auction today and tomorrow in NYC. How long before some of it shows up at gift grab? flora danica appears more prolific than fiesta ware !! (albeit a little more expensive and not as dish washer friendly). 🤷‍♀️ I know you've all moved on, BUT life prevents me from catching up daily. 😘 ps: what is to stop Fanny purchasing for herself, sticking it in a box labelled Belvedere Snodgrass, from Nowhere,TX, have natti hand it to her, in order to galvanize more generosity and to assuage the ONE fan/patron who may think this is a little extravagant?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
CD latest vlog :

O.M.G.

Andrew... Tell me dear Tattlers if I understood properly ? Andrew and Steph had the same childhood in a nursing home, both have a best best friend who is Scottish, both bought a ruin (sorry, I mean a property) in Berry AND both have the same... laughter !

I mean... have you heard Andrew's laughter ?? Creepy.........:eek:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Perhaps a Spode Pan Pipes ?

OK Aussies...... can we get HobNobs here and where can you purchase them if we can???

With all the talk of Hob Nobbing ...... I want to try them ! :ROFLMAO: 👅
We get Aussie Cadburys Dairy Milk chocolate flavours in B and M for 2 to 3 times the cost of the UK Dairy Milk chocolate flavours

• Wow
Reactions: 7
None of the Lalanders are very gifted with kids... It's as if children are scared of them. I wonder why...

Even Natti's poor attempts to make contact with Dan's boys failed. Our Chatelaine didn't even notice them !

• Heart
Reactions: 18
whilst perusing tattler just now, an ad for Smugglebys popped up (yes, too dim to use an ad blocker ) for an auction today and tomorrow in NYC. How long before some of it shows up at gift grab? flora danica appears more prolific than fiesta ware !! (albeit a little more expensive and not as dish washer friendly). 🤷‍♀️ I know you've all moved on, BUT life prevents me from catching up daily. 😘 ps: what is to stop Fanny purchasing for herself, sticking it in a box labelled Belvedere Snodgrass, from Nowhere,TX, have natti hand it to her, in order to galvanize more generosity and to assuage the ONE fan/patron who may think this is a little extravagant?
I don't like any of them. What makes them so expensive?

Reactions: 7
arwensgal1975 said:
I can't get over the fact that people still send this idiot gifts. I had to fast forward through this dribble. It's so cringe.

Caption this: Wrong answers only! (LOL)
View attachment 818921
-------------------------------------------------
" THIS is how Scotman taught me to play the bagpipes "

• Haha
Reactions: 14
You can get them in Woolies - McVities Hobnobs. I wonder if they are the same as our Anzac bickies

apologies others have already answered
OK..... I am looking at Target and Woolies. I really want to know what the fuss is about .

do you live near Woollies? They stock them.
I do have a Woollies but we are in lock down and the shops are not open .

• Sad
Reactions: 4
There's plenty! :cool:

It's a Wonderful Life
I think they count, even though they had to sell their chateau and move to a cottage (and they do NOT beg!)
and
The Art of French Living, Chateau de Lomenie (how COULD you overlook Ashley with the miniskirts and the cowboy boots? :ROFLMAO:)
and the Religious Ones at
Chateau de Grifferaie
and
Life at Chateau de Coutere
and
Au Petit Chateau 1780
and Chateau Meiland (in Dutch)
and
Rural France Journal (same ilk, not a Chateau)
and
Chateau de Capelle

Enough? ☺☺☺
PS Apologies to @Marty McFly 9 , who has posted some of these already earlier
And..
The expat butchers and the Maison du Maitre.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.