The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chocolate martini 🍸😈
I love a good chocolate martini....but should we hold off on the BIG party until toiling shows up again?....OH NO!...I just thought of something!!!...What if toiling and Heathcliff were the only 2 sucked into a wormhole to another parallel universe together!!!!....Oh, she'd better be careful in there with him!...He's such a notorious womanizer...if he'd been back in the Victorian age he'd have charmed the knickers off of the Virgin Queen!!!!

Working late😣. And not feeling well. Wearing a mask of course. Saw the doctor yesterday....just a sinus infection.
But have fun you all! Drink a bunch for me!!! And Congratulations to @toilingwiththetoile and PRB!!! Forgive me but I can't remember all your names. I would love to call you Peanut Butter. Easier for me to remember. And I love me some peanut butter. Welcome to the gang!
You can call me whatever you like as long as you don't call me late for dinner...or drinks!!!...LOL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I love a good chocolate martini....but should we hold off on the BIG party until toiling shows up again?....OH NO!...I just thought of something!!!...What if toiling and Heathcliff were the only 2 sucked into a wormhole to another parallel universe together!!!!....Oh, she'd better be careful in there with him!...He's such a notorious womanizer...if he'd been back in the Victorian age he'd have charmed the knickers off of the Virgin Queen!!!!
I hope Toiling is ok as she lives in my neck of the woods. Hopefully just busy toiling away at work. And Heathcliff is still on the moors looking for Cathy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Thank you kindly. I’m currently on turmeric, elderberry, vit c and d, zinc, echinacea and thyme extract. Will add fennel too! Xx
Excellent! Fennel delivers shikimic acid which some research has found to be effective against some corona and other viruses (and the clotting effects of the spike proteins in the vaccinations). It's worth a go I reckon.
Keep us posted on how you're doing, if you can 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Here where I live we also call a side by side attached home a bungalow. They are most often side by side, but sometimes you can get a front to back one.

We have bungalows (detached) a one floor home (usually with a basement, I think most of Canada having a basement.) What might be strange is that we only calculate the ground floor in our square footage. But the basements are often finished with living space, more bedrooms and a family room and another bathroom. So though I would tell you my house is 1000 square feet, I'm only telling you the footage of the main floor. There is another 1000 square feet of potential living space in the basement.

And we also have a lot of two story homes, which we'd call ... a two story! Main floor/ground floor, 2nd floor, and often a basement as well.

Townhouses here are basically like a rowhouse.

Condos are usually owned in a complex with condo fees to pay for extras like a fitness centre, or pool or landscaping.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I haven't done an actual DNA test, just seen the family records. But I may do the test someday!
not doing those dna tests.. i have my ancestry back to 1000 years..in writing...and by the look of it..i still have the same family chartaristics.. ...so no need for more prove..i descend from the french..italian...belgium and dutch..i dont see no need to search for instance for some Jamaican blood..we were never involved with slavetrade..it was more the opposite..some members helped to stop the trade of slaves...I have one family member who ended up under the quillotine..for having a bankfortune.....but most of us enjoyed a quite life in the Netherlands..

Last edited:
Working late😣. And not feeling well. Wearing a mask of course. Saw the doctor yesterday....just a sinus infection.
But have fun you all! Drink a bunch for me!!! And Congratulations to @toilingwiththetoile and PRB!!! Forgive me but I can't remember all your names. I would love to call you Peanut Butter. Easier for me to remember. And I love me some peanut butter. Welcome to the gang!
Oh no! My sister thought she had a sinus infection ,went to the doctor ….they gave her a test just as a precaution and she has Covid now we’re all waiting on test results because we were in contact with her! :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Having done petsitting before ,I will say it can be very anxiety-inducing when dogs that you may not be used to and ,therefore ,aren't yet familiar with their behavior and tricks, do something you aren't able to control. Having two dogs that are under your care , take off on an open field and become stubborn about listening to your demands to return to you.... Well, no, not fun!! The worst goes through your mind, at least that's how it was for me. One ridiculous event that happened to me that caused my anxiety to imagine the unimaginable was one time when I was playing ball with a dog and I happened to step on a rock and threw it out of the way, and the dog ran to it and it looked just like it put the rock in it's mouth and ate it. When I could not find the stupid rock anywhere, I got so worried the dog had consumed it!!!! 🤣 I went online , asked questions, kept eye on his poop until he was absolutely fine and I realized a dog will not eat a rock. 🤣. Ridiculous,I know! Gee, If had hurt my busted ankle in the whole scenario, I may have cried too, who knows.

• Haha
  • Heart
I don't know how to set up a new thread!...but I quite like that Gibson quote...and since those radiators will be featuring prominently in the next few vlogs, it would be appropriate, don't you think?

But, OH!, there are so many GREAT suggestions!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Nic Tightpants has a new candle out ...... just right for Christmas ! ;)
With all his talk of quality it looks really cheaply made and badly described.

Oh no! My sister thought she had a sinus infection ,went to the doctor ….they gave her a test just as a precaution and she has Covid now we’re all waiting on test results because we were in contact with her! :(
I tested negative twice during my first week of symptoms…

• Wow

You can call me whatever you like as long as you don't call me late for dinner...or drinks!!!...LOL
Oh good lord!!!...I must have taken "stupid pills" this morning!!!...I KNOW Victoria wasn't the Virgin Queen!!!...Why that particular thought popped into my head, I'll never KNOW!!!!...so sorry!!!!

• Haha
See you all in 24 hours! The fiancee might pop in once in a while. Have a great weekend and happy thanksgiving to our Canadian Tattlers!

Here’s a real-time shot of Lexington Avenue! Ciao!

lexave.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
See you all in 24 hours! The fiancee might pop in once in a while. Have a great weekend and happy thanksgiving to our Canadian Tattlers!

Here’s a real-time shot of Lexington Avenue! Ciao!

View attachment 801257
That's a view I haven't seen for many years. Probably won't again for a long while either.

Watched Dan's vlog. So where are they going to get the radiators? England? Don't they have them in France to suit French equipment/conditions? Seems a huge expense in time and money to go that far, pay for Dan's time and accommodation (unless they are expected to sleep in the truck).

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.