The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When the screen went black with the caption "A good cry in the park" I thought she was sad to see her family off! Turns out freaking FRK twisted her ankle for running after a dog that hates her!

The Peter Pan syndrome seems to be a common issue among these vloggers. Many of them are still squatting in their 30s, and calling YouTube grifting their career. Now she plans to grift her way into buying a house in the UK. I hope she never meets an internal revenue officer who'll require her to take a test on basic language nuances before she could buy a house! :LOL:
Good grief! Does she have a very large pot of savings? Has she been employed officially for at least 2 years (or is it 3 now) and earning the minimum requisite salary for a mortgage lender (very large! above average pay)? Has she got accounts? Has she got stable employment/self employment now?
My mind is boggling at this aspiration! I've seen two of my children AND their partners go through flaming hoops over the last few years getting their first homes/mortgages - and they're both in key worker, seriously good and stable mainstream careers (not just 'jobs'), upper management, ditto their partners, with good deposits. It was hard going.

For example: note that Haworth is up north and cheaper than many areas of the country.
House Prices in Haworth
Properties in Haworth had an overall average price of £182,813 over the last year.
The majority of sales in Haworth during the last year were terraced properties, selling for an average price of £150,554. Semi-detached properties sold for an average of £198,535, with detached properties fetching £289,667.
Overall, sold prices in Haworth over the last year were 1% up on the previous year and 7% up on the 2018 peak of £171,030.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
As a Brit, I've never understood many of the north American terms for different styles of housing. What's a condo? A duplex - two houses stuck together? What do you call an old house built for one family but completely separated into two flats/apartments, up and downstairs?

We have semi-detached which is two houses joined together, terraced - all stuck together in a row (is that row houses to you?), then there's detached houses which are separate units from other houses (what do you call those?). I've lived in all sorts, last two detached, great because you can't hear neighbours/they don't hear you! The city terraced house was great because it was always warm, cheap to heat, insulated from both sides. UK houses are usually much smaller than NAmerican houses. Less space on which to build. So rooms are smaller - and most houses don't have a laundry room sadly. Modern houses however small usually have at least two loos (by law one downstairs for people with disabilities).
I'm not up on all the different names of types of houses and apartments. To me, a duplex (which is what this place was advertised as...) is a side by side 2 homes with a common wall between them. Ours is a mirror image of the one next door so our kitchens, bathrooms and one bedroom each share a wall. Thank goodness our common wall is quite thick and has a good firewall between as my grandson is very loud when he's streaming (wouldn't want him disturbing the neighbors) and a past neighbor set fire, deliberately!, to his carpet and tried to suffocate himself with the resulting smoke. Thank goodness my grandkids were outside and saw the smoke coming out from under his door so we called 911...he was pissed that we did that but if we hadn't, or if he'd done it later after dark, my entire family could have been burned up right along with him! Crazy friggin' people!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
@Phoenix Richards-Bingham
VIP Member
title thread 🧵….

can only imagine 😈
I've seen a few really good ones on here but can't remember any!!!...HELP!!!;...never mind...I think I found one...from Gibson...

The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

I could have gone with something from my saga of the missing tattlers but it seems 2 of them have been found and they weren't even NEAR the Bermuda Triangle!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Awww...so sorry to hear that. Try regular doses of fennel tea asap, double zinc/vit D and C too. Get well soon!💗
Thank you kindly. I’m currently on turmeric, elderberry, vit c and d, zinc, echinacea and thyme extract. Will add fennel too! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We have 2 VIP
@toilingwiththetoile
@Phoenix Richards-Bingham

And if either put a choice it’s their joyful day having hit #1000 posts

these are the other glorious suggestions ….😈

Title thread 🧵 author
✍ @Reader's digest

Last time she did something "herself" she drained the lake🤯
  • ID #439
  • Wednesday at 9:57 PM

When one of you clever people pen your CLL-version of "12 Days of Christmas", I've already composed two lines for you- "12 Leaky Radiators", and "5 Golden Man-Buns." You're welcome! My submission for the next thread title: "How YouTube Ann Marie Saved Our Shitoo!" This place has been run by...
  • @Trex
    ID #225
  • Wednesday at 1:08 AM

Title thread 🧵 Author ✍ @Jeeves

"The Liar, the Twit and the Wardrobe Armoire".
    ID #235
    Wednesday at 1:42 AM
New thread title? Last time she did something 'herself' she drained the lake? Sorry I don't know how to set it up...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Happy Thanksgiving to Canadian tattlers!
We are going to have a very subdued holiday as delta strain is running rampant in certain sectors of my province.
Cheers to all! I’m drinking wine lots of wine!
Happy Thanksgiving to you!! Stay safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've seen a few really good ones on here but can't remember any!!!...HELP!!!;...never mind...I think I found one...from Gibson...

The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

I could have gone with something from my saga of the missing tattlers but it seems 2 of them have been found and they weren't even NEAR the Bermuda Triangle!!!
Well, I think at some point we have to hold SJ to her rumoured plans to reward us Tattlers with a free week at HMN next summer (full board, lots of , umm, fun activities - and luxury glamping for those of us who don't want to risk the house itself!) LOL!! (I only have 624 posts to go until I can choose anything! )

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.